Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

Just now, DapperCam said:

I’m just jealous because I can’t remember Allen tossed it behind the LOS of scrimmage and got 30 yards. Has it ever happened? Tua is an accurate passer, but so is Mac Jones. He benefits very much by being with two #1 WRs and a creative OC.

I actually hope he continues to ball out and force MIA to pay him. They will regret it.

Hahah I hear you, he definitely has a lot of easier throws than Josh and I agree with that.

But wouldn’t you say he’s doing a good job running the system?

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Quick pressure on Tua makes him do wacky things sometimes too. Definitely possible to bait him into turnovers. 

Except that he is getting the ball out so fast, it’s hard to pressure him without a foul. McDaniel has figured out how to build this offense to his strengths. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Hahah I hear you, he definitely has a lot of easier throws than Josh and I agree with that.

But wouldn’t you say he’s doing a good job running the system?

Yea, but I just don’t think it is particularly difficult. For example I think Jimmy G could run it with similar effectiveness, and nobody is claiming he is a top 5 QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Does Tua make more than one read on any passing play? Or is his first read seem to always be open?

He usually doesn't have to. When he does, it's not that he becomes bad, but he becomes easier to stop than some QBs who have to go through them. That's definitely the key to slowing these guys down. Disrupt their timing and make him second guess, or take away entirely, his first read. 

The Dolphins are scary and can light you up. But we can still beat them even if they are firing on all cylinders on offense - we did last December. But they're a good team that will be a tough challenge in the AFC

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Yea, but I just don’t think it is particularly difficult. For example I think Jimmy G could run it with similar effectiveness, and nobody is claiming he is a top 5 QB.

I hear you,  my buddy is a 49ers fan and I always had that argument with him about it being a system.

But I think Tua is way better than Jimmy.

When he was injured last year, Miamis offence was horrible, as where SFs offence actually improved when Purdy went in

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

No one is going to be able to actually shut down the Fins. In order to beat them, you have to outscore them. Mac Jones cannot do that.

I mean in general to beat a team you have to score more points than them that's how that works. But yeah you can limit the Dolphins offense, it's happened before it can happen again.

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Lol, Kraft sitting with just his son tonight? He couldn't convince Ben Affleck, Matt Damon or one of the Wahlberg brothers to watch this gahbage team in his ownahs bawx?

The Bob's Discount Furniture guy doesn't even want to get near that sleazeball

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.