Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

But Diggs is a professional football player.  His job is beating man coverage and finding soft spots in zones.  He's responding to Glab on social media with the same off-the-cuff attitude that most average people would have.

Tim Graham is also drawing attention to this issue and refusing to let it die by posting about it.  And unlike Diggs, Tim Graham knows exactly what he's doing.  It is literally his job to understand the media landscape and choose what's newsworthy and what isn't.  By covering this, he's making sure that it stays front and center.  This is why people hate journalists.

Ding Ding Ding!!! Winner!!!  

I have never been a fan of Glab's but this is might be another reason to not like her as a "journalist". Never say anything in private (or when you THINK it is private) if you wouldn't say it on the air. To be transparent, I have not been able to listen to the recording and I wish it was VIDEO.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

To be even more honest i don’t think anything is necessarily off in the building, yes they were all bummed losing in the playoffs again but it’s a new year.  i think what’s off is mostly dealing with Diggs and his personality. It’s exhausting to everyone. Allen has had to deal with it, McDermott, I’m sure Beane and some other teammates and people probably have to walk on eggshells around him. What we hear on the outside is prob a fraction of the real truth.  Anyway,  Just catch TDs and make us all happy.  
And i’ve already stated that Maddy is a moron for saying that in the media room and she’s definitely paying for it with her reputation.  She’s probably upset beyond belief that she’s a headline.

Diggs brings the perfect win mentality and it's all gas with him. It wasn't an issue when you had Josh going balls the wall to improve and everyone was on the same page, I just don't think that drive is there for everyone anymore. You need people like Diggs, they aren't going to win it all with choir boys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ding Ding Ding!!! Winner!!!  

Actually I’m not a huge TG fan. Having said that Diggs who has generated plenty of drama now at 2 franchises, kept this alive. Little Dirty tells it like it is. I’m fine with  his play and wanting to win. Maddy made a mistake but she spoke the truth that’s he difficult. His former teammate unlike the current Bills nailed it. 

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Actually I’m not a huge TG fan. Having said that Diggs who has generated plenty of drama now at 2 franchises, kept this alive. Little Dirty tells it like it is. I’m fine with  his play and wanting to win. Maddy made a mistake but she spoke the truth that’s he difficult. His former teammate unlike the current Bills nailed it. 

Please educate me, because I don't speak asterisk. 

What was Little Dirty trying to say with his "Maddy*****" tweet?

From what I was told about Diggs media avoiding behavior at the end of last season, my guess is Maddy made the mistake she made for exactly the reason you cite: she was speaking her truth.  And I don't find it implausible that Diggs would look someone in the face and say "FU" in the locker room.

Edited by Beck Water

46 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Please educate me, because I don't speak asterisk. 

What was Little Dirty trying to say with his "Maddy*****" tweet?

From what I was told about Diggs media avoiding behavior at the end of last season, my guess is Maddy made the mistake she made for exactly the reason you cite: she was speaking her truth.  And I don't find it implausible that Diggs would look someone in the face and say "FU" in the locker room.

He called her Marry.

Maddy***** was his attempt to acknowledge the mistake, I believe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CaliBills said:

He/she/it is just trying to Virtue Signal.   

Most know this is a non issue in 95% of situations and want to paint themselves as better than someone else. 

folks pretend they never do anything wrong or say anything that might be considered rude/disrespectful etc when they do this. It is annoying and unrealistic.  

Virtue Signal ? To whom exactly?

Laughable buzzwords by a media infected brain. 

lol

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He called her Marry.

Maddy***** was his attempt to acknowledge the mistake, I believe.

Got it, Thanks.  I don't have a twitter account and it's clunky now to access from a web browser.

https://x.com/_IsaiahMcKenzie/status/1702288617450668429?s=20

should read "Maddy I don't know why you're apologizing, I loved it! ♥️"

So much for the notion that this was some bizarre mischaracterization of Diggs behavior, I guess.

33 minutes ago, Nester said:

Virtue Signal ? To whom exactly?

Laughable buzzwords by a media infected brain. 

lol

Virtue signaling to the anonymous people reading your post. Just so you can feel above those you criticize.   Good job

at least you understand what it is yet still fail to see that you are doing it 

Edited by CaliBills

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Got it, Thanks.  I don't have a twitter account and it's clunky now to access from a web browser.

https://x.com/_IsaiahMcKenzie/status/1702288617450668429?s=20

should read "Maddy I don't know why you're apologizing, I loved it! ♥️"

So much for the notion that this was some bizarre mischaracterization of Diggs behavior, I guess.

I think he thought she was making a joke about Diggs and he's poking at him also cause they are friends. He's not saying what she said is true.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

???????

Idk what kind of "boxes" your taking about ... and the fact she's a white lady has been brought up numerous times already

So I'm asking if one of your boxes that make her safe are... European or Caucasian?

Which shouldn't have any bearing on her job status

Edited by Buffalo716

She pry should've been smart enough to realize in a setting like that there's a possibility of being caught on a hot mic.  People make mistakes.  I give her credit for immediately apologizing.  It sucks that she brought attention to the most controversial public figure on the team who was the subject of off-season drama when there was little else to talk about.  I understand why Diggs responded the way he did but I wish he just ignored it.  It's just an unfortunate situation for all involved.  Thanks to the a-hole who decided to post it on social media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Idk what kind of "boxes" your taking about ... and the fact she's a white lady has been brought up numerous times already

So I'm asking if one of your boxes that make her safe are... European or Caucasian?

Which shouldn't have any bearing on her job status

No, it's not about her race. I am not racist so it was nott he first thing I thought about. 

6 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

The dumb thing she said that is much harder to pass off as a joke is "thats how he treats everybody"

Well in fact that’s exactly how she and her male colleague feel. Foolish to get caught in a hot mic. Fascinating that people can’t comprehend that Diggs is difficult. Little Dirty knows it. 

• Agree 1

Just now, boyst said:

No, it's not about her race. I am not racist so it was nott he first thing I thought about. 

She made a mistake and if the bills want to release her they can... mistakes happen ... but you can't be on a hot mic talking about a pivotal player

When your a newer journalist 

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

She needs to be fired for stupidity.

But she checks a few boxes so she's safe. 

What does that mean? What are the boxes. Her mistake getting caught in hot mic telling the truth. What are the boxes ? 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

She made a mistake and if the bills want to release her they can... mistakes happen ... but you can't be on a hot mic talking about a pivotal player

Well again Diggs could have mitigated this. But as always it’s about him. If she gets fired I’m gonna guess she can provide multiple examples of him being difficult. Otherwise why would she make the comment to a colleague privately? She can move on and make $ doing something else. Likely be very liberating for her. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

What does that mean? What are the boxes. Her mistake getting caught in hot mic telling the truth. What are the boxes ? 

Well again Diggs could have mitigated this. But as always it’s about him. If she gets fired I’m gonna guess she can provide multiple examples of him being difficult. Otherwise why would she make the comment to a colleague privately? She can move on and make $ doing something else. Likely be very liberating for her. 

I think she didn't sound very serious when she said it ...

Not smart ... but it didn't sound meniacle... just like she's like he is who he is ... for good better and worse

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Well in fact that’s exactly how she and her male colleague feel. Foolish to get caught in a hot mic. Fascinating that people can’t comprehend that Diggs is difficult. Little Dirty knows it. 

Could very well be true. Don't say it in the media room before/during/after daily interviews.

Diggs is a star and there is drama surrounding him like a lot of WRs. You have to walk on eggshells. Our media didn't 

8 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes, in this case it was quite literally about him. 

9 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

She’s a grown ass woman who made a mistake. Why should Diggs have to throw her a lifeline? If you think it’s about him, we’ll, SHE made it about him. He didn’t put his foot in his mouth. 
By the way, Diggs letting Josh know he needed to grow up was not about Diggs. It was about the team needing Josh to be better,smarter, more mature. Josh agreed. 

14 hours ago, Nester said:

What is there to think about? she disrespected the character of a more valuable co worker behind his back and got busted for it in a ***** way. He responded that it effected him negatively. 

Her time here is over.  I don't plan on thinking about it much more at all beyond my silly typo which will keep me up at night. 

They are not co workers and they are not peers.  Diggs is a football player on the Bills team and Maddy is not.  

She was joking around. Why you assigning value to people and if she was of “higher value” would it matter?  

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

She has experience prior to being here.  Also went to school and should know not to talk smack about players to others.  Especially in that forum.

I am surprised she is still here, IMO.  If she is fired, it seems to me to be too late.  Wouldn’t have been surprised if it was within 48 hours.

Didn’t Chris Brown get suspended for sharing team info?  Seems less of an issue than criticizing a star player.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

She has experience prior to being here.  Also went to school and should know not to talk smack about players to others.  Especially in that forum.

I am surprised she is still here, IMO.  If she is fired, it seems to me to be too late.  Wouldn’t have been surprised if it was within 48 hours.

Didn’t Chris Brown get suspended for sharing team info?  Seems less of an issue than criticizing a star player.

Sharing team info is less of an issue that joking around about one player?  Seriously?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

WELCOME TO DAY 4 of HOT MIKE & MADDY GLAB

RATED R

If the Bills lose to Las Vegas, I’m pinning the L directly on Maddy as being an off-field distraction. 

The plot will be about a tiny little woman whose big mouth derailed an NFL teams season. 

12 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Being a chick. Being cute. Being young.

12 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Hahahaha she won't make ***** as a journalist. Young journalists have sooo much an up hill battle

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

She pry should've been smart enough to realize in a setting like that there's a possibility of being caught on a hot mic.  People make mistakes.  I give her credit for immediately apologizing.  It sucks that she brought attention to the most controversial public figure on the team who was the subject of off-season drama when there was little else to talk about.  I understand why Diggs responded the way he did but I wish he just ignored it.  It's just an unfortunate situation for all involved.  Thanks to the a-hole who decided to post it on social media.

Why in the world would someone do that.  Whoever did do it had a choice and instead of discreetly letting her know about the situation

"chose" to do what they did.  Just one more example how people take pleasure in other's painful moments.

Apathy has replaced empathy as the norm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.