Beane’s failures on full display

Shanahan's Horseshoe

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB.

He led all players in both total and solo tackles tonight. 

In his first start.

Calling him a nightmare might be a little over the top.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

Sometimes I wonder if I’m watching the same game as people.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Beane has whiffed on every RB he's drafted. I had hope for Cook, but watching him fold like a lawnchair when someone touches him is concerning. Beane brought in 2 tough downhill runners and they were non existent tonight. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya I think he had 2 major mis calculations.

1. Spencer brown

2. Dorsey

I firmly believe Allen sees Dorsey as a peer than more of a boss or superior.  Allen hand picked Dorsey to succeed Daboll. It wouldn’t have happened unless Josh agreed to it. I think the single best thing the Bills could do is replace Dorsey with a seasoned veteran OC with a winning and proven resume that would hopefully instantly wake up Allen and give him someone he respects, believes, listens to. Allen needs a superior as OC, not a peer. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

He led all players in both total and solo tackles tonight. 

He had 1 solo tackle at halftime. 

Finished with 4 solo and 7 assists. Looked fast but was pushed around on a few plays I saw. Still, pretty big adjustment to do that in two quarters.

Milano was insane. Tre is also back for the most part. He essentially shut Wilson down outside of that crazy end zone catch. Floyd was super impressive. The defensive was actually pretty damn good. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sometimes I wonder if I’m watching the same game as people.

11 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I thought Cook was fine

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Brown needs to immediately be replaced. Peters or whoever. 

Kirksey will help replace Bernard who looked lost.

Cook will be fine once you lose the stupid delayed draws.

Beane's had 6 years to build a dominant OL around Josh and because of McD's influence,  he's gone in other directions. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Bingo as pointed out by so many “clueless” people. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Was opening this expecting to see a highlight of Hall’s 85 yard run that will be a TD when he’s full health in November.   

If they handed hall the ball 20 times tonight we lose by 20+. 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I firmly believe Allen sees Dorsey as a peer than more of a boss or superior.  Allen hand picked Dorsey to succeed Daboll. It wouldn’t have happened unless Josh agreed to it. I think the single best thing the Bills could do is replace Dorsey with a seasoned veteran OC with a winning and proven resume that would hopefully instantly wake up Allen and give him someone he respects, believes, listens to. Allen needs a superior as OC, not a peer. 

Interesting take!

19 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Completely agree. Allen isn’t Peyton Manning. He makes decisions and then stupid, costly throws. Period. After a few games like tonight, he’s speed walking into Brett Favre territory, and I’d turn that down and try again with someone else. 

So Allen does in fact have to change. And if it’s a credible OC or HC, then so be it. Allen is proving that this is the only way out of the abyss that his fine talent has gotten himself in.

20 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Interesting perspective if it's true, regarding Josh seeing him as a peer.

I think the bigger problem (though what you argue may well be true) is that Dorsey is just not very good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

His avg depth of tackle was probably around 7 yards. He was awful and when he wasn’t in the wrong gap, he was on skates or slow to react. Those are facts. 

Completely agree, his tackles seemed to be downfield.  I'm sure that there were a couple, but I can't recall any that were in the box, particularly stuffing the line.

In fact, on one play, I texted my buddy and said that he looked like a log in a tsunami.  

He was abused in the running game.  Made a few nice tackles on pass plays, but after gains.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Completely agree. Allen isn’t Peyton Manning. He makes decisions and then stupid, costly throws. Period. After a few games like tonight, he’s speed walking into Brett Favre territory, and I’d turn that down and try again with someone else. 

So Allen does in fact have to change. And if it’s a credible OC or HC, then so be it. Allen is proving that this is the only way out of the abyss that his fine talent has gotten himself in.

You would turn down first ballad Hall of famer super bowl winning quarterback... Retired with the most touchdowns of all time.. Brett favre ?

Thank God you're not our GM.. if we didn't have Josh Allen we lose by 20 tonight

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Completely agree, his tackles seemed to be downfield.  I'm sure that there were a couple, but I can't recall any that were in the box, particularly stuffing the line.

In fact, on one play, I texted my buddy and said that he looked like a log in a tsunami.  

He was abused in the running game.  Made a few nice tables in pass plays, but after gains.  

You missed them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

YES!!! Brown sucks badly. He's a turnstile for a man of that size. It's a shame. 

I'm going to go easy on Bernard because Beane Brought in Kirksey. He will be starting by week 3.

I'll give Cook a few more games. Yes, he went down on contact, but he also was quick to the hole and made some nice runs. As some posters mentioned, the delayed draws are great for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You would turn down first ballad Hall of famer super bowl winning quarterback... Retired with the most touchdowns of all time.. Brett favre ?

Thank God you're not our GM.. if we didn't have Josh Allen we lose by 20 tonight

I know.. it’s crazy, but if we have a Brett Favre Josh Allen, he’s not reaching Brett Fabre accomplishments. Maybe go to the Hall, sure. But he’s never beating Mahomes and a healthy Burrow with that Brett Fabre play style, and he’s NOT winning the Super Bowl like this right here. “Mr. Sometimes I Have Four Turnovers so Live with it”

So my point is a Brett Fabre Josh Allen isn’t winning the trophy, so why have the heartache?

30 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Idk why people are surprised that Allen had a bad game against the Jets who were specifically built to stop him. Joe Burrow is 7-8 all time in the AFCN and no one questions him even after he put up an even worse stat line yesterday. It’s not unheard of for QBs to have bad games within their conference. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

BTW, if you review the game or highlights, ping me on when they were.  I wouldn't mind analyzing Bernard's play this season.  

Thx

I am never watching that ***** dumpster fire again.  You couldn't pay me.

I do recall a great read and run gap fit for 1 yard by Bernard. Maybe third Q? 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'm going to go easy on Bernard because Beane Brought in Kirksey. He will be starting by week 3.

There's not a big difference between Kirksey & Klein.  

1 minute ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'll give Cook a few more games.  

Cook had never had more than 140 touches and that was at Georgia.  

His high here is 110.  

I'm sure there's a reason for that.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

I know.. it’s crazy, but if we have a Brett Favre Josh Allen, he’s not reaching Brett Fabre accomplishments. Maybe go to the Hall, sure. But he’s never beating Mahomes and a healthy Burrow with that Brett Fabre play style, and he’s NOT winning the Super Bowl like this right here. “Mr. Sometimes I Have Four Turnovers so Live with it”

So my point is a Brett Fabre Josh Allen isn’t winning the trophy, so why have the heartache?

Josh Allen has gone to Kansas City and beat Pat mahomes and he could beat any team in the league when the bills are playing well

Is the most touchdowns ever through the first 5 years in NFL history

The bills have been letting Josh Allen down not vice versa regardless of tonight

And Josh will be better than Brett favre.. he's 27

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wait.  Whaaat?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh Allen has gone to Kansas City and beat Pat mahomes and he could beat any team in the league when the bills are playing well

Is the most touchdowns ever through the first 5 years in NFL history

The bills have been letting Josh Allen down not vice versa regardless of tonight

And Josh will be better than Brett favre.. he's 27

Sure hope so

Plenty to be angry about tonight. But Beanes wins were out there tonight too. 
Rousseau was dominating and looked like the best player on the field the first half, Floyd got the stats but Rousseau wrecked the game when he was out there. 
Torrence managed to hold up pretty impressively for his first game against what’s considered a top D line imo 
Benford held up. 
Epenesa made a play or two in his limited time. 
Kincaid obviously impressed in his limited touches. 
I get the negativity but let’s not just ignore some of the bright spots as we try and place blame on everyone. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.