Ken Dorsey

Big Blitz

You watched Josh be one of the 2 best QBs in the league for 3 and a half years - it took the 2nd half of last season by then you could say this was Dorsey’s offense.  

And Josh is a turnover machine.  

We can’t beat great defenses - the way Frazier couldn’t beat great offenses in January.  But we did for 3 years.   

41 passes tonight is unacceptable.  

4 turnovers by Josh - to my knowledge not since 2019. 

Josh is to blame for some decisions - 2 INTs deep in Jets territory ok but the 3rd pick is all on Dorsey because things were snowballing and a run should have been called.  You still had the lead.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Dorsey should be a man and resign. Get a veteran play caller. We heard all summer how Kincaid and Harty were the missing pieces to his offense. He doesn't know what his offense is. There's no originality, creativity, or even a recognizable game plan. It's a mess. Time to make a change

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

You watched Josh be one of the 2 best QBs in the league for 3 and a half years - it took the 2nd half of last season by then you could say this was Dorsey’s offense.  

We can’t beat great defenses - the way Frazier couldn’t beat great offenses in January.  But we did for 3 years.   

Josh is to blame for some decisions - 2 INTs deep in Jets territory ok but the 3rd pick is all on Dorsey because things were snowballing and a run should have been called.  You still had the lead.  

Josh has been a TO machine his whole career even with Daboll. Stop blaming Dorsey. He didn’t throw two deep balls into double coverage. He didn’t miss Kincaid wide open on the Davis pick 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dorsey should be a man and resign. Get a veteran play caller. We heard all summer how Kincaid and Harty were the missing pieces to his offense. He doesn't know what his offense is. There's no originality, creativity, or even a recognizable game plan. It's a mess. Time to make a change

It's officially time for this scrub qb who had no collegiate talent to stop pretending he's a NFL OC.  Hated seeing Chad leave. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Plays looked telegraphed and predictable.  It didn't help that Allen's turnovers lit the game on fire though

Friends and I were on a group chat and were calling out the plays left and right. Not just run or pass but what routes were gonna be run and what the audibles changed the play to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

It's officially time for this scrub qb who had no collegiate talent to stop pretending he's a NFL OC.  Hated seeing Chad leave. 

Bills have Boras, Joe Brady, and Mike Shula. Turn the play calling over to someone else please. This little experiment has gone on long enough 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Fire his a$$....they could have easily found a proven OC in the offseason who would love to work with the talent we have.  That's on McDermott and Beane.

This may be McD's last season. I don't know if someone like Ben Johnson is the answer but Josh needs help desperately.  And he needs to grow up and listen/learn.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Josh has been a TO machine his whole career even with Daboll. Stop blaming Dorsey. He didn’t throw two deep balls into double coverage. He didn’t miss Kincaid wide open on the Davis pick 

I agree…I just don’t understand the revisionist history.  We were 7-6 through 13 games Daboll’s last season here and there were a fair share of offensive stinkers.

I’m not as down on the Davis pick but there were plenty of horrible turnovers to choose from.  That was the right read but he missed the throw a bit and Davis ran a terrible route 

Sadly, this is what is going to sink McDs ship. Sticking with Frazier after 13 seconds was a mistake. But sticking with Dorsey was an even bigger one. 

everyone could see last year how vanilla our offense was. No adjustments. No creativity. 

our defense and offense have both regressed largely due to the coaches ability to evolve. 

im grateful for all McD has done. But it’s time for regime change. It’s stale. 

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t normally call or cheer for firings but his playcalling is bad. Dabol was bad sometimes too, I didn’t think it was possible to get a coordinator who would call runs less than Dabol, I’m no genius at designing an offense clearly but the actual in game play calls have been bad since day one. The just complete refusal to run the ball is maddening. 

We all know the real problem tonight: Josh sucked. Take the 5-7 yard options. Push your “hero” ego aside. Josh does that, the Bills win tonight’s game. Every single mistake was caused by looking for something more. Exact same formula the Jests used last year. It’s a lesson all the greats have to learn - very disappointing that Josh hasn’t learned that lesson yet… Can only hope it sinks in someday soon.

Just now, schoolhouserock said:

We all know the real problem tonight: Josh sucked. Take the 5-7 yard options. Push your “hero” ego aside. Josh does that, the Bills win tonight’s game. Every single mistake was caused by looking for something more. Exact same formula the Jests used last year. It’s a lesson all the greats have to learn - very disappointing that Josh hasn’t learned that lesson yet… Can only hope it sinks in someday soon.

It’s the matchup!

The Jets - their offense was done.  

There was no need to call so many pass plays and think we needed kill shots.  

If coaches don’t understand this and Josh doesn’t or they can’t get Josh to understand situational awareness then fire everyone.  

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I have now said this in 3 different places tonight (I think) but I genuinely am wondering if they would make an OC change mid-season....it's going to be desperately needed.

No need to piss away this entire year b/c McDermott doesn't have the balls to admit he made a poor choice with Dorsey.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Teams usually bring in a guy from outside the building to install an entirely new offense between week 1 and 2…on a short week lol I’m sure that’s a solid move.

Rip the bandaid off. What they are doing is not working.

We are going to have another year with Josh and that gormless look on his face staring off into the distance.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s the matchup!

The Jets - their offense was done.  

There was no need to call so many pass plays and think we needed kill shots.  

If coaches don’t understand this and Josh doesn’t or they can’t get Josh to understand situational awareness then fire everyone.  

Every play needs the defense to respect a deep option. That doesn’t mean Josh should be moving the ball that direction. I do not envy anyone trying to tell Josh otherwise - do you think he’d really listen?

How long until they hand the reigns to Joe Brady? Clearly Dorsey learned nothing from the end of last season to tonight, it looked like the exact same uninspired hot garbage out there.  

Even if it’s change for changes sake, I give him two more games, and if they’re still struggling to live up to their potential, get somebody new in that booth.  

Just now, FireChans said:

Rip the bandaid off. What they are doing is not working.

We are going to have another year with Josh and that gormless look on his face staring off into the distance.

You cant do it now. It will literally take weeks to learn. Get together with Dorsey and come up with something that will work. Josh needs to be tamed and I’m telling you right now..no matter how unconventional it is, Josh needs to use his legs more. That’s what makes him special. I need this guy running for 70 and throwing 20x. Not throwing for 300+ and trying to be a pocket passer. Be the unicorn that you are. If you go down, go down with our fastball. Josh running is our best play.

34 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We let Daboll walk after 13 seconds. 

We’ll never recover from that game.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You cant do it now. It will literally take weeks to learn. Get together with Dorsey and come up with something that will work. Josh needs to be tamed and I’m telling you right now..no matter how unconventional it is, Josh needs to use his legs more. That’s what makes him special. I need this guy running for 70 and throwing 20x. Not throwing for 300+ and trying to be a pocket passer. Be the unicorn that you are. If you go down, go down with our fastball. Josh running is our best play.

Josh butt fumbled today trying to run.

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Thank you, people calling for dorseys head but tonight was far from dorseys fault. Now if you want to call out dorseys ability to reign in Allen? Then that's a conversation. But dorsey can't physically walk on the field and make josh take what the defense gives him. Josh played horrendous tonight, dorseys plays weren't the issue.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Josh is incapable,  it's not in his DNA.  He refuses to slide or run OB. He clearly refuses to stop throwing in double coverage. He refuses to cover the ball when he's about to be sacked. He clearly still refuses to take the short stuff.  He's not maturing going into his 6th season.  And an awful OL & OC just amplifies this narrative. 

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

josh had that awesome streak of years without a red zone turnover before last year. 

the chemistry with Dorsey is jacked up. I would be very curious to bring him down to the sideline for a game instead of the booth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.