The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Everyone grabbing the pitch forks on dorsey. Other then the terrible draw call in OT, this loss in completely on Allen.

Honestly can't think of bad performances or terrible plays that really hurt the bills by other players. Hell Bernard contributed more than allen tonight.

Both were bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Rookie Josh was endearing and adorable,

Prime Time Josh was exciting.

Elite Josh was next level,

God Mode Josh is the best in the game,

But something happened the second half of the GB game last year, he hasn’t been the same guy ever since. The argument can be made that it’s actually since DaBoll left. 

I saw McD and Diggs both tell Josh play smart tonight. 

Hollywood Josh? Madden Josh? Arrogant Josh?

I don’t like it. I don’t think there is ‘no reason to be concerned’ anymore in regards to his decision making. 

Not sure possibly people being best friends, rather then coach him not to do any of that. Daboll is type not to be people best friends or friends.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

You are in the wrong thread. The overreaction thread is over there.

Allen had a bad game against a good defense, that's clear. The 1st INT was basically a punt. Wish it was a completion, but down it at the 3 yard line, fine. 2nd INT is like wtf are you thinking. 3rd INT is all davis not running good routes and telegraphed his route easily. Fumble, no excuse. Catch the damn snap.

You are in la la land. That loss is on Josh. He simply cannot accept the notion of moving the chains at crítical points in the game. Sorry, he literally gave that game away.

• Like (+1) 4

Considering his experience and expectations, this is the worst game of Josh Allen's career and it's not particularly close. The Jets are a house of horrors for him. It will probably take a few years to get out of that funk. He was able to get out of the Bellichick funk, so on an appropriate time scale I'm confident it will happen, but stuff like this is brutal for now

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

In typical Buffalo fashion, let’s trash our elite QB after one bad game.

Maybe the bengals should get rid of burrow after that game yesterday as well

I think he'll be fine and this was just a **** game against a team that matches well against them,  but at the same time,  Allen deserves plenty of criticism for this one.  If he just plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over,  the Bills were going to win this game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve had jr with the Allen excuses and people here always unwilling to call it like it is. How dare we mock Tua yesterday and think Allen is head and shoulders above him.  Allen is a JAG. He is not elite. You don’t throw 3 unneeded INt to a second rate DB from Pitt. Good God I’m so angry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:
7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Everyone grabbing the pitch forks on dorsey. Other then the terrible draw call in OT, this loss in completely on Allen.

Yes. But he needs someone literally in his ear to chew him out or calm him down. Dabs was that. Dorsey is not. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 2

Josh isn’t capable of taking what a D gives him. He’s not able to play smart.
On the Gabe Davis int he had Kincaid with a 5 yard out for the first down.  That’s the throw. That’s not on Dorsey.. the other two were just complete nonsense. The fumble snap .. he gathers the ball. Instead of just protecting the ball he tries to run into the heart of the D line for no logical reason.  Our OL sucks. But if Josh intelligently takes what they give him the Bills win 19-10 or 19-13. But he can’t!!! That is simple as it gets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Allen and Dorsey, that is it.

that is why we lost.   

They need to do better period.

Dorsey obviously can't get through to Josh and Josh is way too stubborn to listen & learn. He makes the same stupid mistakes while he relies 100% on his athleticism.  This poor playbook and reckless play from your qb is not sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Honestly can't think of bad performances or terrible plays that really hurt the bills by other players. Hell Bernard contributed more than allen tonight.

Yup people want to blame anyone but Allen but he’s at fault. He has the most Turnovers in the league the last 5 years. He had 4 tonight. Hello, cut em in half and you prob have one of the greatest QBs in history 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Allen can’t be the reason his team loses the game. He just can’t. As a QB in his 6th year, with all the physical tools in the world, his mental game is behind the other top QBs and even Tua and I don’t think there’s any debating that. His floor is the basement and it doesn’t look like it’ll ever become the first floor. He’s just not reading the field as well as he needs to and no offensive coordinator can account for or overcome that. Not even the great Andy Reid. I don’t know what the answer is, but this team will never win a Super Bowl if he’s the reason for losses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brandon said:

I think he'll be fine and this was just a **** game against a team that matches well against them,  but at the same time,  Allen deserves plenty of criticism for this one.  If he just plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over,  the Bills were going to win this game.  

For sure , this is perfectly said.

This game is def on Josh and he was awful.

But man, the over reactions here when people want to ride him out of town is absolutely ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

There is no recovering from this. This was very bad. 

Oh we can recover and go on winning streaks and even get a number 1 seed. But I'm telling you I'm not confident Allen has what it takes when it means the most. Honestly he is very talented but when crap starts to roll downhill he can't calm himself down enough to rebound it. I don't think you can learn that either, all time Quaterbacks have that sense of calm in big moments, our Qb looks like he is hopped up on Adderall lol.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

To be fair, they both had the worst possible games given their playstyle. Burrow would never take the risks that Josh does that led to the INTs. He just takes the sacks.

For sure. At the end of the day, it’s pick your poison.

81 yards passing while taking endless sacks ain’t going to cut it.

neither is 4 turnovers 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Every team in the league will play Josh Allen this way. He needs a STUD RB to help him. He's not patient enough to stay with the short stuff

There was nowhere for Cook to run - those delayed draws right into a clogged line of scrimmage were ridiculous. The one time they had a pitch out he got outside and  had a nice gain

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

You are in la la land. That loss is on Josh. He simply cannot accept the notion of moving the chains at crítical points in the game. Sorry, he literally gave that game away.

Which point do you disagree with? Yes, he had a bad game, but it is a good defense too. Josh was taking what was given to him in the 1st half and got antsy in the 2nd half. Especially that 3rd and 2 where we threw for like 12 yards incompletion. 

Either way, the turnovers were bad but there are certainly explanations on why a DB was able to get the jump on a route for instance. If Davis makes any type of move to freeze the DB, that DB is not going to jump the route. Instead he just runs straight then cuts for the pass.

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

The problem is, I'm not convinced Dorsey can learn to do so.  He's a quarterback coach, not a proven OC...and he's simply in over his head

That may very well be the case, he does call plays like a college QB would…, 

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He played like a rookie. The first INT? Meh. It was better than a punt. The second? Inexcusable. He’s gotta know the situation. You are now playing the Zach Wilson Jets, not Aaron Rodgers. Allen should have been more conservative than usual. Instead he tried to force the action for no good reason. 

The fumble was embarrassing.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Josh isn’t capable of taking what a D gives him. He’s not able to play smart.
On the Gabe Davis int he had Kincaid with a 5 yard out for the first down.  That’s the throw. That’s not on Dorsey.. the other two were just complete nonsense. The fumble snap .. he gathers the ball. Instead of just protecting the ball he tries to run into the heart of the D line for no logical reason.  Our OL sucks. But if Josh intelligently takes what they give him the Bills win 19-10 or 19-13. But he can’t!!! That is simple as it gets. 

a) he’s capable and has done it a bunch

b) is the OC somehow totally detached from preparing his QB? That’s not Dorsey’s job at all here? 

Josh is done, he cant win a important game, how many rimes do we have to see the same thong, Allen turnover, when it counts?!?!?  He is a mediocre QB at best, with a crappy coaching staff to pull him thru, no hope. I dont think we will make the playoffs, he looked awful, TOTAL REGRESSION!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh is a playmaker and doesn't seem willing to rein it in against these two high safety looks.  When teams can play it well, like the Jets, he has to understand that he just needs to eat it and punt it away when we are behind in down and distance.  The two losses against the Jets in NJ are specifically because he lacks the discipline to "live to fight another day.". We probably win 16-9 or something if we had just run the ball and continues to throw dump offs the entire second half. Ugh

• Agree 2

People called me crazy and said I was outdated in my thinking.

Josh Allen needs a big time, all-purpose RB, like what Herbert has in Ekeler.  You can't rely on him to consistently carry this offense.  Along with that, he needs an OC that knows how to utilize said RB.

The back could very well be Cooks, but the OC sure as ***** ain't Ken Dorsey. 

Meh. I'm as cynical as anyone when it comes to the Bills but this one doesn't actually worry me massively. Game one, long off season. New wrinkles. Going against the best D in the league on an emotional night when you know everyone is pulling for the Jets.

It was a ***** show from Josh but I'll judge him on what he does in the nest few games. Burrow threw like 100 interceptions in week 1 last year. Strange things happen in week 1. We shall see!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

Both were bad. 

Dorsey had a better run game tonight for Allen than I've seen in awhile. Dorsey had some bad calls, but we all saw the TEs and diggs open on those picks. And dorsey didn't call the game tieing fumble by Allen. Allen had guys open tonight and decent run game established. Josh just didn't see the field at all against an elite defense.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Josh is a playmaker and doesn't seem willing to rein it in against these two high safety looks.  When teams can play it well, like the Jets, he has to understand that he just needs to eat it and punt it away when we are behind in down and distance.  The two losses against the Jets in NJ are specifically because he lacks the discipline to "live to fight another day.". We probably win 16-9 or something if we had just run the ball and continues to throw dump offs the entire second half. Ugh

100% agree

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.