Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

He’s been saying that before. Nothing new other than phrased a little different. 

Personally, I don’t like this sort of stuff even as a joke being posted on socials. Especially from someone with close ties to said player. Causes unnecessary drama and dialogue going forward…

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Digg's brother already tweeting he should get out of Buffalo (see below). Probably others in his ear about it. With Allen & the O's problems combined with not getting the ball & the losses, might see Diggs wanting out by the end of the season. 

https://x.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1724285469855260693?s=20

Please spare us all the Twitter drama.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Who the hell is Tre Diggs to criticize our franchise. Coming from perennial soul sucking Dallas, who always craps their pants in a big spot. Stephan has resurrected his career with Josh and is compensated with the top receivers in the NFL. Tre should concentrate on rehabbing and being as good as he was instead trying to be a half ass social media influencer. Tre, do you think your bro should jump ship at the first sign of turbulence? Is that displaying character or being a team guy? I know these qualities don’t matter much to young, severely injured social media enthusiasts, but that’s just me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Please spare us all the Twitter drama.

With respect, it's not a "random talking head" it's Digg's brother. Given how close Diggs is to his brother, what he says does give some insight into conversations people in the inner circle are having w/ Diggs behind the scenes. Certainly seems relevant to fans and a discussion forum like this.

But I apologize, I didn't realize this had previously been posted & discussed since it had been merged and that there was a Rule against posting such things. I'll be more careful in the future.

I appreciate how hard it is to moderate these forums and the diversity of ideas that are permitted to appear on them. Thanks for all of your hard work. Love the TBD site. 👍

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

I don’t agree that the Trevon Diggs thread should have been merged here because he’s not a random talking head.  He’s the brother of our star player.  Say what you will about Brittney and Jackson Mahomes (and believe me I hate both of them) but none other of them are telling Pat to leave the Chiefs when the team underperforms or when the defense was a turnstile for 4 years.

I love Stefon, but at some point he needs to tell his brother to STFU.  These comments are bad for moral, bad for chemistry, and just creates more material that the team has to deal with.  Earlier this season when the Cowboys dropped a game to the seemingly tanking Cardinals stef isnt on twitter telling Trevor to get out while he can.  There hasn’t been one season during their NFL careers that the Cowboys have played more meaningful football games than the Bills.  But it never goes the other way.  It’s almost like one of the brothers like where he is and the other maybe has made some comments that he doesn’t.  How else do you explain these BS comments.  Once again just more crap to talk about that is unnecessary.

• Agree 4

quinton Spain commenting on bills. Said they fired wrong guy. There’s another tweet above it 

https://x.com/quinton_spain/status/1724465604499829058?s=46&t=fZuUFmDQ66dxXxReDn8fRA

https://x.com/quinton_spain/status/1724485211805655532?s=46&t=fZuUFmDQ66dxXxReDn8fRA

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

That's fine.  It won't surprise too many of us when Diggs orchestrates a move out of Buffalo this spring.  I'm sure he's tired of the nonsense and he knows the team trajectory is downhill from here.  

Please explain how that would happen with the ridiculous dead cap hit that we would get hit by. We would have to cut other players to move diggs. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Things are gonna get ugly. This thing is about to get blown up. 

It might not be the worst thing long term. Commit to surrounding Josh with some new and young weapons in the draft. Rebuild this thing from Josh on out. 

....in other words pretty much what McDermott should've done since 2018.  Build a better OL.  Establish a running game. Find a real #2 wr and not this joke Davis.  Invest & commit to Josh.  Not all your incessant failed defensive picks.  This team and Josh Allen desperately needs an offensive HC.  And they have needed this for awhile.  Josh has not been the same since Daboll left.  He was that mentor or tough boss willing to get in Josh's face. Now there's no one on this team to fill that role.  Go get Ben Johnson or Jim Harbough. Just commit to the offense. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Please explain how that would happen with the ridiculous dead cap hit that we would get hit by. We would have to cut other players to move diggs. 

I don't have the answers, but I've also seen it mentioned on National sports shows today.  I would imagine a trade.

5 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Digg's brother already tweeting he should get out of Buffalo (see below). Probably others in his ear about it. With Allen & the O's problems combined with not getting the ball & the losses, might see Diggs wanting out by the end of the season. 

https://x.com/TrevonDiggs/status/1724285469855260693?s=20

Not getting the ball?  As of today Diggs is tied for 1st in catches, tied for 2nd in TD's and 5th in receiving yards.  Seems like he's getting the ball to me.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

quinton Spain commenting on bills. Said they fired wrong guy. There’s another tweet above it 

https://x.com/quinton_spain/status/1724465604499829058?s=46&t=fZuUFmDQ66dxXxReDn8fRA

McDermott has been the problem for years now. And even the Clappy supporters had to get slapped in the face,  to see what alot of us saw years ago.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

That's fine.  It won't surprise too many of us when Diggs orchestrates a move out of Buffalo this spring.  I'm sure he's tired of the nonsense and he knows the team trajectory is downhill from here.  

Not if there's a new offensive oriented head coach in town. After all it's not like Diggs isn't getting the ball:  He's tied for 1st in catches; tied for 2nd in TD's and 5th in receiving yards.

• Like (+1) 1

So I'm watching ESPN this morning and blowhard Steven A Smith and Sharpe are discussing the Trevon Diggs tweet and are acting like we are under-utilizing Stefon, apparently based on last night's game.   So I do a quick google search and low and behold the most targeted WR in the NFL is Stefon Diggs.    Cant do much more than target him more than anyone in the league.   Just amazing you can spout this crap, facts be damned.

On a side note, for you fans that have twitter, I hope a bunch of Bills fans post to Trevon...... 7 gotta get out of there after the Cowboys are eliminated in the playoffs.

• Simon locked this topic

I am steering so clear of ALL sports media and punditry at the moment.

There are so many out there who said Allen would be a bust when he was drafted, and have just been waiting to pounce. I can feel the vindicated glee out there.  Fortunately, something I would guess to be a temporary condition.

And that tweet from the Diggs in Dallas.  What absurdity  What have the Dallas Cowboys done in the past quarter of a century?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

"they are far too dependent on execution level being a 10 for the play to be successful"

Bingo. That's what I've been seeing as well.

Does this go back to the Fournette quote about the offense being the most complicated he’s seen?  Maybe dumb it down for these knuckleheads. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Does this go back to the Fournette quote about the offense being the most complicated he’s seen?  Maybe dumb it down for these knuckleheads. 

KISS principle.

Pound rock. Throw to open man. Run. Rinse. Repeat

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

KISS principle.

Pound rock. Throw to open man. Run. Rinse. Repeat

And the 3rd & under 5 yards plays were crazy.  That should be a quick out or hook pattern or something along those lines. It shouldn't be Allen dropping back and having to wait for plays to develop.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

"they are far too dependent on execution level being a 10 for the play to be successful"

Bingo. That's what I've been seeing as well.

Definitely feels like that. I mean, Daboll would scheme guys open, lot of pre-snap motion to confuse the defense or do things that gave Josh a chance to see what they were doing. With Dorsey it's really felt like, "Okay, just go beat your man and out-execute them every play!" He's had some decent play designs but it just doesn't feel like he's done enough to create mismatches or create situations that put a strain on the defense. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I am steering so clear of ALL sports media and punditry at the moment.

There are so many out there who said Allen would be a bust when he was drafted, and have just been waiting to pounce. I can feel the vindicated glee out there.  Fortunately, something I would guess to be a temporary condition.

And that tweet from the Diggs in Dallas.  What absurdity  What have the Dallas Cowboys done in the past quarter of a century?

We're hearing it on this board.  Everyone is projecting their own feelings onto the team and players.  Until I hear things from players and coaches themselves, I do not buy any of it.  McD is not perfect, we all know that.  I think firing Dorsey was appropriate.  His inconsistencies were maddening!  We'd have a successful game plan and then we don't see it for the rest of the season!  We have success running the ball which opens up the pass and we score.  The suddenly we're back to ignoring the run.   Special teams is flawed as well, but I'm placing a lot of that on Martin's inconsistencies as a punter which compromises coverage as well as field position.  

I would like to see McD appoint someone else to call the defensive plays.  I think he has too much on his plate on game day and the errors we saw in clock management, etc at the beginning of his HC career and which did improve, have now returned.

So...let's see how the rest of the season plays out.  If the team responds positively and we see the team from earlier in the season, then McD has turned things around.  If not, then it would not surprise me to see a change come seasons end.

But for now...it's all hyperbole.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Definitely feels like that. I mean, Daboll would scheme guys open, lot of pre-snap motion to confuse the defense or do things that gave Josh a chance to see what they were doing. With Dorsey it's really felt like, "Okay, just go beat your man and out-execute then every play!" He's had some decent play designs but it just doesn't feel like he's done enough to create mismatches or create situations that put a strain on the defense. 

McDermott’s press availability today was hard to watch. Man, he looked cooked. He said Brady has some ideas for the offense.  Let’s hope they don’t involve shotgun at the 1 yard line or deep sideline passes to 5’ 6” double-covered receivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not getting the ball?  As of today Diggs is tied for 1st in catches, tied for 2nd in TD's and 5th in receiving yards.  Seems like he's getting the ball to me.

3 catches last night, 6 the week before. 3 of last 4 weeks he's had less balls than earlier in the season. Hasn't had 100 yard game since Giants. I'm hoping he's fine w/ everything. I'm just wary of what his inner circle is saying & that he may want out w/ all the offensive issues.