Dalton Kincaid plays in his first game Monday

NewEra

This will be a momentous day in Bills history as it marks the first regular season game for our future HoF TE/WR Dalton Kincaid.  

I think he goes 5 catches 72 yards 1 TD

He deserves 8 targets minimum every game.  The more targets he gets, the better our offense will be.  This is the way

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This will be a momentous day in Bills history as it marks the first regular season game for our future HoF TE/WR Dalton Kincaid.  

He deserves 8 targets minimum every game.  The more targets he gets, the better our offense will be.  This is the way

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952h4v4y02x9tebraqasp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They were talking on WGR about how the old rule of rookie TE's not contributing much is now over and pointed out how Laporta had 5 catches for the Lions last night. I'd be happy to see Kincaid get around 5 or 6 himself. I don't even expect a touchdown, so long as he gets a few key first downs and keeps significant drives moving I'll be content with that

• Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Whatever the record is for a tight end for a 1 game statline, our boy is gonna win his ORoY as a tight end rookie sensation the likes the league has never seen before.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm really excited about Kincaid, but I don't see him ever being a Travis Kelce/Rob Gronkowski type, or a Tony Gonzalez/Antonio Gates type. Not a surefire Hall of Fame level player.

To me, he's more of a Zach Ertz. Now, that's nothing to sneeze at. Ertz has had a nine year career that's still going strong. He has posted 7200 yards 45 TDs -- including a five-year run of posting at least 800 yards every season -- and made 3 Pro Bowls.

If Kincaid has an Ertz level career, he'll help Buffalo win a lot of games and maybe go down as the greatest Bills tight end ever. 

In any case...I also expect Kincaid's arrival to push Dawson Knox, and for him to have a really good year, as well. I can't wait to see the first installment of the DK2 offense this Monday night.

Edited by Logic

It's hard to expect too much out of normal rookie TEs.  But I don't believe Kincaid is a normal rookie TE.  The way he moves, his releases, and the way he gets in and out of his breaks and creates separation, I have a feeling he is going to make a huge impact this season.

With the way the Jets play defense, and with their primary weakness on defense being in coverage with their LBs, I would not be shocked to see Kincaid have somewhat of a statement game right off the bat.  I think he, and whoever is playing the slot, will be the key to moving the ball consistently on offense.  I would not be shocked one bit if he ended up being our leading pass catcher Week 1.  I don't think they have anyone that can match up with him inside.  That may sound like lofty expectations for a rookie, but he doesn't run routes like a rookie.

Edited by sven233
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm really excited about Kincaid, but I don't see him ever being a Travis Kelce/Rob Gronkowski type, or a Tony Gonzalez/Antonio Gates type. Not a surefire Hall of Fame level player.

To me, he's more of a Zach Ertz. Now, that's nothing to sneeze at. Ertz has had a nine year career that's still going strong. He has posted 7200 yards 45 TDs -- including a five-year run of posting at least 800 yards every season -- and made 3 Pro Bowls.

If Kincaid has an Ertz level career, he'll help Buffalo win a lot of games and maybe go down as the greatest Bills tight end ever. 

In any case...I can't wait to see the first installment of the DK2 offense this Monday night.

Why do you say this though?  You give no reasoning. 

Im not saying he will or won’t, but he’s the only guy in recent memory who moves the way Kelce does. 

He has (on his college tape) fluidity and spatial awareness that can’t be taught. 

Will that translate when we go live?… We shall see. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

They were talking on WGR about how the old rule of rookie TE's not contributing much is now over and pointed out how Laporta had 5 catches for the Lions last night. I'd be happy to see Kincaid get around 5 or 6 himself. I don't even expect a touchdown, so long as he gets a few key first downs and keeps significant drives moving I'll be content with that

an early catch or two will change how the jets have to cover him

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Why do you say this though?

Im not saying he will or won’t, but he’s the only guy in recent memory who moves the way Kelce does. 

He has (on his college tape) fluidity and spacial awareness that can’t be taught. 

Physical presence, I guess.

Travis Kelce is 6'5", 256 lbs and ran a 4.61 40.
Dalton Kincaid is 6'4", 240 lbs and ran a 4.71 40.

I think that what makes Kincaid special is his brain and, as you said, his spatial awareness. I see him making a living making 8 yard catches in 3rd and 7, the way Ertz has for years. I DON'T see him regularly making huge downfield catches, being a RAC monster, or generally being the physical freak that it seems like Kelce/Gronk are/were.

This is only my opinion. I think he'll be a very good player, but I see him more as a technician and security blanket than as a gamebreaking big play threat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What's going to happen with Knox (I wonder).  I see some formations with Knox and and Kincaid on the field at the same time, with Kincaid in the slot....  But with respect to Knox, he's really DINGED with the addition of Kincaid.

Knox will see his targets cut in half, as well as his TDs this year.

Kincaid is a special player.  Can't wait.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think that what makes Kincaid special is his brain and, as you said, his spatial awareness. I see him making a living making 8 yard catches in 3rd and 7, the way Ertz has for years. I DON'T see him regularly making huge downfield catches, being a RAC monster, or generally being the physical freak that it seems like Kelce/Gronk are/were.

This is only my opinion. I think he'll be a very good player, but I see him more as a technician and security blanket than as a gamebreaking big play threat. 

Kincaid plays faster than 4.71.  He looks more like 4.54 ish to me 

9 for 130 and a TD.   Asking too much? Probably. 

Would be extremely exciting to see him look like Kelce against an elite defense.

in my opinion, from the little we've seen....he has the rare route improv skills to create separation and his smoothness can lend to chunk plays  

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

What's going to happen with Knox (I wonder).  I see some formations with Knox and and Kincaid on the field at the same time, with Kincaid in the slot....  But with respect to Knox, he's really DINGED with the addition of Kincaid.

Knox will see his targets cut in half, as well as his TDs this year.

Kincaid is a special player.  Can't wait.

I don’t think Knox gets his targets cut much. Kincaid will eat up the slot WR targets for the most part. I’d LIKE to see Knox get MORE targets, because that likely means the OLine can get the job done without so much help from our traditional TE. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

12 catches

174 yards

3 TDs

Wouldn’t surprise me…. I think he will blow peoples minds on Monday. If the Jets decide to Blitz Josh he will find Kincaid all day in the middle. Swollen Beasley will be on display! If they go Zone Josh will carve them up. 

Just now, wppete said:

Wouldn’t surprise me…. I think he will blow peoples minds on Monday. If the Jets decide to Blitz Josh he will find Kincaid all day in the middle. Swollen Beasley will be on display! If they go Zone Josh will carve them up. 

we can only hope! But, Josh has yet to have a strong game against the Jets

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Did he run a 40? 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I couldn't agree more. I think IMHO that Kincaid will be a brilliant pick by Beane. And he could develop into a top 5 TE before our very eyes. But we will need to find Steph's replacement in the near future. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.