Dalton Kincaid plays in his first game Monday

NewEra

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

If they actually plan to use him a bunch right away (35-40% of the snaps) and in the role that they said they want him ala Cole Beasley, then yes, I think he could.

Ā 

Unfortunately, I don't see them giving him that much game time right away.Ā  Knox had 76% of the offensive snaps last year and the other two TE's combined for 31%.Ā  Of course most of Kincaid's snaps are going to come from Morris and Sweeneys snaps but taking another 10% would mean either eating into Knox's snaps or they really are planning on running a lot more 12 personnel.Ā 

He should be lined up in the slot for 3 WR sets as the primary slot optionĀ 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If they actually plan to use him a bunch right away (35-40% of the snaps) and in the role that they said they want him ala Cole Beasley, then yes, I think he could.

Ā 

Unfortunately, I don't see them giving him that much game time right away.Ā  Knox had 76% of the offensive snaps last year and the other two TE's combined for 31%.Ā  Of course most of Kincaid's snaps are going to come from Morris and Sweeneys snaps but taking another 10% would mean either eating into Knox's snaps or they really are planning on running a lot more 12 personnel.Ā 

You are ignoring the fact that Kincaid will see the majority of his snaps in the slot. We already got a glimpse of what the Bills want to do with Kincaid. He was in the slot the majority of his snaps agains the Steelers in the preseason game. Without a doubt he will be in the slot when not in 2 TE sets. I think he will be on the field for the majority of the offensive snaps.Ā 

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Ā 

Pretty sure thatā€™s the plan. Ā We needed a star playmaker. They traded up to get one. Ā I donā€™t think the plan is to play him 50% of the game. Ā I think the majority of his snaps are going to come from the slot, hence taking the snaps that were given to Mckenzie, crowder, shakir etc.

Ā 

early on, I really hope he gets 50% of the slot reps, minimum. Ā With that expanding as the season goes. Ā I do think theyā€™ll ease him into a full time little by little. Ā I just think heā€™s a huge asset to have against this defense especially and should get a nice workload. Ā 
Ā 

šŸ™šŸ»Ā 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty sure thatā€™s the plan. Ā We needed a star playmaker. They traded up to get one. Ā I donā€™t think the plan is to play him 50% of the game. Ā I think the majority of his snaps are going to come from the slot, hence taking the snaps that were given to Mckenzie, crowder, shakir etc.

Ā 

early on, I really hope he gets 50% of the slot reps, minimum. Ā With that expanding as the season goes. Ā I do think theyā€™ll ease him into a full time little by little. Ā I just think heā€™s a huge asset to have against this defense especially and should get a nice workload. Ā 
Ā 

šŸ™šŸ»

100% and in full agreement here with you. The potential is off the charts and especially in fantasy where itā€™s basically a cheat code. We already saw what he can do against a LB covering him, and itā€™s nasty. Without a doubt a defense will have to double team him, Iā€™m pretty certain, which means Diggs is going to be a happy man.Ā 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm interested to see how Kincaid responds to physical defense. DCs will tell his man in coverage "get your hands on him." It's the one big test we haven't seen from him yet. If he can fight his way through physical coverage and jams at the line he'll be unstoppable.

Ā 

He's really got a knack for getting guys leaning the wrong way and then countering with his hands.

I agree that veteran defenders are going to attempt to get physical with him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those vets end up attacking air as often as not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think he's Pete Retzlaff, the best Eagles tight end of all time. He was wide out turned tight end.Ā Ā 

Ā 

He'll be guy who isn't quite suited physically to his position, bit he's just too good not to play.Ā  Ā He has the potential to be a regular 1000 yard receiver.

A regular 1500 yard receiver Shaw, don't undersell Kincaid!

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

Ā 

He's really got a knack for getting guys leaning the wrong way and then countering with his hands.

I agree that veteran defenders are going to attempt to get physical with him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see those vets end up attacking air as often as not.

Yep, he has a mean swim move. Defenders do try and jam him but heā€™s so silky, that its often times leaves defenders flat footed when they try and stick him.Ā 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Kincaid is a smoother mover and route runner than Kelce. Ā Is a better athlete and a more explosive mover. Ā His hand are also almost 3/4 of an inch biggerĀ 

Ā 

What makes Kelce really special is that he reads the defense like a QB. Last night when he wasn't on the field you felt the impact. One of the Chiefs first drives Mahomes stared down Noah Gray and threw it at him, he hesitated a bit and the ball was off target and fell incomplete. I guarantee Mahomes is used to Kelce being exactly where he expects and that would have been a completion 10 times out of 10 if he was in the game. Another play later in the game he again stares down Gray who appears to be open but took off running instead. Again, he didn't trust that they were on the same page. He and Kelce have almost a telepathic link.

Ā 

It's that part of the game that makes me really excited about Kincaid's game, moreso even than the hands and the fluidity. He seemingly has natural instincts to find gaps in the defense and make himself available to the QB. If he can develop that same rapport with Allen the sky is the limit. His athleticism sets a high floor, his cerebral abilities will ultimately set his ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Ā 

Why do people need to temper their expectations?Ā  I have high expectations for Kincaid, and I expect he will have a long nfl career.Ā  Ā My expectations aren't going to help or hinder his ability to achieve them aim high and if you fall short you can still fall under expectation but very close to them and xour still doing well.Ā  Have low expectations andĀ  fail I would question the lack of effort to even achieve a low expecation and that is unacceptable to me.Ā Ā 

The numbers that people are posting for Kincaid are not realistic for a rookie player in his first NFL game

Ā 

Heā€™s going to be good this year a difference maker, even

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

What's going to happen with Knox (I wonder).Ā  I see some formations with Knox and and Kincaid on the field at the same time, with Kincaid in the slot....Ā  But with respect to Knox, he's really DINGED with the addition of Kincaid.

Ā 

Knox will see his targets cut in half, as well as his TDs this year.

Ā 

Kincaid is a special player.Ā  Can't wait.

I think you are missing the point. The whole reason for adding another TE was not to take away from Knox. It was so the team can run more 12 personnel. Putting 2 TEs on the field means that one of those TEs will be covered by a linebacker. That's a mismatch for both Knox and Kincaid. It also opens up the playbook and allows for more diversity. Both TEs will get their shots and I see the TE position getting more targets because of the mismatch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Physical presence, I guess.

Travis Kelce is 6'5", 256 lbs and ran a 4.61 40.
Dalton Kincaid is 6'4", 240 lbs and ran a 4.71 40.

I think that what makes Kincaid special is his brain and, as you said, his spatial awareness. I see him making a living making 8 yard catches in 3rd and 7, the way Ertz has for years. I DON'T see him regularly making huge downfield catches, being a RAC monster, or generally being the physical freak that it seems like Kelce/Gronk are/were.

This is only my opinion. I think he'll be a very good player, but I see him more as a technician and security blanket than as a gamebreaking big play threat.Ā 

Ā 

I think we put a little too much emphasis on the "pajama olympics" at times.

Ā 

Josh Allen ran a 4.75 second 40 yd dash at the combine.Ā  I think most LB and DB who have been tasked with bringing him down in the open field would say he plays faster than that.Ā 

Ā 

You're correct that Kincaid is a different TE coming out of college than Kelce was.Ā  Kelce was noted as a run blocker!!!!! and had only one stellar season as a receiver.Ā  Kincaid is not noted as a blocker at all.Ā 

Ā 

FWIW I found Kelce's draft profile which as you say lists him at 256.Ā  The Chiefs and a couple of other sites list him at 250.

Ā 

Guys can and do transform their bodies and impact their performance in the NFL.Ā  I don't think the Bills want Kincaid to gain 15 lbs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they encourage him to try to add 5 or 10 lb of muscle and to "cheek up" as Josh did, in order to run faster.

Ā 

Time will tell

Edited by Beck Water

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The numbers that people are posting for Kincaid are not realistic for a rookie player in his first NFL game

Ā 

Heā€™s going to be good this year a difference maker, even

Ā 

Ā 

Few highly rated tes drafted into as good a situation as Kincaid is in.Ā  We don't need him to be the workhorse on offense we got plenty of weapons he just prevents opponents from doubling Diggs Davis Knox.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

I think we put a little too much emphasis on the "pajama olympics" at times.

Ā 

Josh Allen ran a 4.75 second 40 yd dash at the combine.Ā  I think most LB and DB who have been tasked with bringing him down in the open field would say he plays faster than that.Ā 

Ā 

You're correct that Kincaid is a different TE coming out of college than Kelce was.Ā  Kelce was noted as a run blocker!!!!! and had only one stellar season as a receiver.Ā  Kincaid is not noted as a blocker at all.Ā 

Ā 

FWIW I found Kelce's draft profile which as you say lists him at 256.Ā  The Chiefs and a couple of other sites list him at 250.

Ā 

Guys can and do transform their bodies and impact their performance in the NFL.Ā  I don't think the Bills want Kincaid to gain 15 lbs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they encourage him to try to add 5 or 10 lb of muscle and to "cheek up" as Josh did, in order to run faster.

Ā 

Time will tell

Thatā€™s just it. Kincaid didnā€™t even participate in the combine. Nor his pro day.Ā 
Ā 

this 40 time is bogus random internet fake newsĀ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

This will be a momentous day in Bills history as it marks the first regular season game for our future HoF TE/WR Dalton Kincaid. Ā 
Ā 

I think he goes 5 catches 72 yards 1 TD

Ā 

He deserves 8 targets minimum every game. Ā The more targets he gets, the better our offense will be. Ā This is the way

Ā 

East there Chief!Ā  LOLĀ Ā 

Ā 

Seriously though, last season in both games, Allen had 34 completions on 61 attempts for 352 yards.Ā  That's 5.8 YPA and 10.4 YPC.Ā  Ā and an average of 17 completions for 176 YPG.Ā  The Jets D is not any worse.Ā  Their O is improved, significantly.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It would seem that if we're to win this game however, that type of receiving role is going to be well-utilized.Ā  The more I look at the Jets and this game the more concerning it becomes.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If we're going to win this game it would seem that two things are going to have to be on their A-game, first, our OL play, and secondly, Harty, Kincaid and whomever else is going to be on the short dumpoff game.Ā  I don't see how we win this if we can't put up more than 20 though.Ā  I see the Jets taking advantae of the middle of our D.Ā Ā 

Ā 

And BTW, Diggs had 9.6 targets/game last season, next most was Davis at 6.Ā  8's a lot.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by PBF81

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Ā 

East there Chief!Ā  LOLĀ Ā 

Ā 

Seriously though, last season in both games, Allen had 34 completions on 61 attempts for 352 yards.Ā  That's 5.8 YPA and 10.4 YPC.Ā  Ā and an average of 17 completions for 176 YPG.Ā  The Jets D is not any worse.Ā  Their O is improved, significantly.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It would seem that if we're to win this game however, that type of receiving role is going to be well-utilized.Ā  The more I look at the Jets and this game the more concerning it becomes.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If we're going to win this game it would seem that two things are going to have to be on their A-game, first, our OL play, and secondly, Harty, Kincaid and whomever else is going to be on the short dumpoff game.Ā  I don't see how we win this if we can't put up more than 20 though.Ā  I see the Jets taking advantae of the middle of our D.Ā Ā 

Ā 

And BTW, Diggs had 9.6 targets/game last season, next most was Davis at 6.Ā  8's a lot.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeahā€¦. I saw the games last year. So what? Ā What does this have to do with Dalton Kincaid? Ā He isnā€™t incapable of 5-72-1? Ā LOL. Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m not naive enough to think that we canā€™t improve and find a way to attack their D. Ā  Itā€™s a football game. Ā Itā€™s not played in the past. Ā Itā€™s a new season. Ā New teams. Ā Tweaks and changes on both teams. Ā  Two new OGs who look to be upgraded. Ā A force of nature TE/slot weapon. Ā Sherfield looks solid and is a run blocking demon. Ā Harty has true speed and can take the top off. Ā Cook >>> Singletary. Ā 

Ā 

we have Josh allen. Ā Our offense has a chance to explode vs any team in the league. Ā 

thanks, I realized that. Ā And to my point, you donā€™t think Kincaid is worthy of averaging 2 more targets per game than Gabe Davis? Ā You know he is. Ā That said, I donā€™t expect 8 targets per game. I said he deserves it

Everyone loves to twist peoples words around to suit their agenda. Ā What is your point in this discussion thread about Dalton Kincaid? Ā Going down on the Jets. Ā In a thread about Dalton Kincaid. Ā 

Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, balln said:

Thatā€™s just it. Kincaid didnā€™t even participate in the combine. Nor his pro day.Ā 
Ā 

this 40 time is bogus random internet fake newsĀ 

Kincaid said if he was able to run at the combine/pro day, his forty ā€œwouldā€™ve been in the 4.5s.ā€ Canā€™t remember where I saw that interview, but thatā€™s his quote. Not sure where the 4.7 time is coming from.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Kincaid said if he was able to run at the combine/pro day, his forty ā€œwouldā€™ve been in the 4.5s.ā€ Canā€™t remember where I saw that interview, but thatā€™s his quote. Not sure where the 4.7 time is coming from.

Chris simms was asked what he thot he ran. And he said from watching tape. 4.5s

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Iā€™m not naive enough to think that we canā€™t improve and find a way to attack their D.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s a football game. Ā Itā€™s not played in the past. Ā Itā€™s a new season. Ā New teams. Ā Tweaks and changes on both teams. Ā  Two new OGs who look to be upgraded.Ā 

Ā 

Boy, someone's testy this evening.Ā  LOLĀ 

Ā 

Hence why I said OL play and our short passing game, including Harty & Kincaid will be key.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's not played in the past, but if Dorsey doesn't change things up, why would you expect a different outcome?Ā  Simply because we have some new players isn't going to do it all by itself.Ā Ā 

Ā 

You just want to argue, sheesh!Ā Ā 

Ā 

Forget I said anything then.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Yikes!!

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Ā 

Boy, someone's testy this evening.Ā  LOLĀ 

Ā 

Hence why I said OL play and our short passing game, including Harty & Kincaid will be key.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's not played in the past, but if Dorsey doesn't change things up, why would you expect a different outcome?Ā  Simply because we have some new players isn't going to do it all by itself.Ā Ā 

Ā 

You just want to argue, sheesh!Ā Ā 

Ā 

Forget I said anything then.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Yikes!!

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ll ask againā€¦ā€¦ what does this have to do with Dalton Kincaid?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have no idea where this 4.71, 40 time is coming from.Ā  He didn't participate in the Combine and he didn't run at his Pro Day either.Ā  This is a completely made up number.Ā  In fact, because he didn't run, he was asked in an interview shortly after he was drafted what his time would have been had he run and he himself said it would have been 4.5-4.55.Ā  So, he is a mid 4.5 guy based on his own training times and if you watch the guy's film from college, that is exactly what it looks like on tape.Ā  So, ignore this made up time of 4.71.

Ā 

Regardless of his speed, what makes his special is his footwork and his power out of his breaks.Ā  That is where he creates his separation.Ā  Sure, the speed will help him get more RAC, but it is not the reason he gets open.Ā  His hips and ankles, combined with how low he can get out of his breaks, and then this burst out of his breaks is what is going to get him open, especially against LBs that can't move real well.Ā  As long as he stays healthy in his career, I have no doubt that he will be the best TE this team has ever had.Ā  We've never had a guy at this position that moves like he does.Ā  The bar isn't high to be the best in team history, but not only do I think he will be the best pass catching TE we've ever had, but with Allen as his QB, he has a chance to be an all time great with his combination of size, speed, route running, and catching ability.

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Iā€™ll ask againā€¦ā€¦ what does this have to do with Dalton Kincaid?

Ā 

I thought it was pretty clear.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Here's a clue, look for the name "Kincaid," you should see the answer to your question.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Ā 

I thought it was pretty clear.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Here's a clue, look for the name "Kincaid," you should see the answer to your question.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No. Ā Itā€™s not clear at all. Ā It seems that youā€™re just trying to railroad the fun with your sadness

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.