Why Are We Not Winning Superbowls?

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You have absolutely no clue how much film Allen watches.  None.  Give you an example.  There’s a story in the News about Dorsey and his typical week.  On Tuesdays he and Josh go over plays they think they will work for the next opponent.  What that presumable means is that between the end of Sunday’s game and Tuesday Josh has watched film on the next opponent and has already come up with his ideas how to play against them.

You say it’s reality because it fits your narrative.  In reality you know squat.  

So we have Josh saying he doesn't like to watch film, doesn't do it on his own, but you think he watches a lot of film because....? If Josh says he doesn't watch film you should believe him. How else would he have so much time to golf? But that's what "works for him" as he likes to say. What has "worked?" The only thing he has ever won is the Potato Bowl!

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So we have Josh saying he doesn't like to watch film, doesn't do it on his own, but you think he watches a lot of film because....? If Josh says he doesn't watch film you should believe him. How else would he have so much time to golf? But that's what "works for him" as he likes to say. What has "worked?" The only thing he has ever won is the Potato Bowl!

Explain how Josh would be able to walk into a meeting with Dorsey on Tuesday morning knowing what plays he likes if he had not been watching film from the close of the game on Sunday.  And if you actually listen to his interview with MacAfee when Pat asks if he watches a ton of film during the season he answers:  Yeah, yeah.  Then goes on to explain how he interprets film.

Yiu are not interested in details because they blow up your pre-conceived narrative.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Explain how Josh would be able to walk into a meeting with Dorsey on Tuesday morning knowing what plays he likes if he had not been watching film from the close of the game on Sunday.  And if you actually listen to his interview with MacAfee when Pat asks if he watches a ton of film during the season he answers:  Yeah, yeah.  Then goes on to explain how he interprets film.

Yiu are not interested in details because they blow up your pre-conceived narrative.

Vincible ignorance, though in some cases through deficits in intellect and character, it is virtually invincible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Read TB24. Brady is obsessed with football and watching film. Josh watches film when he is at the facility and he has to. Once he leaves, he puts football out of his mind because he thinks it helps him to escape. You can't escape reality. It's happening. Anyone who has reached levels of being ultra successful will tell you that they NEVER stop working. Nobody has ever achieved greatness working 9-5.

That’s why my office opened at 8:00am. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

You guys act like having an opinion different from yours means you are negative or trolling. Yes, it is nice that we have had a pretty good team with a good QB for the first time in a long time, but last I checked the goal was to WIN THE SUPERBOWL. As our team ages and the competition improves, we are not getting closer to that goal but just the opposite.

To me, you are all the negative ones. When people bring an opinion saying this is could be why it's not happening, it's instantly shot down as negativity. If the Bills are so great and Josh is the best of all time then what do we have to show for it? Some AFC East banners? Wow, who cares!

These are the facts:

1. Josh does not work out in the off-season - source Kyle Brandt podcast

2. Josh has no diet plan and drinks beer and eats whatever he wants - source Kyle Brandt podcast

3. Josh does not watch film because he wants to react and not think too much - source Barstool podcast

4. Josh plays more golf than most professional players - source Jordan Palmer podcast

5. Josh says he is focused on football yet he is flying around the country to visit his gf in LA and do commercials - source TMZ

These are not rumors, this is from his own mouth. If I'm a coach and someone says one of my players does not work out at all, eats whatever he wants, drinks a lot, doesn't watch film, spends all of his time playing golf or visiting his long distance gf, I'd say that kid is not focused on winning football games.

Please remove your lips from Josh's rear end and take a critical look at reality. Yes, he is the best player on our team but can he be better? Absolutely! What if there was a QB who was the best ever and he wrote a book about all of his secrets to success (TB24)? Wouldn't you want your QB to read and follow that advice? Or are you cool with him doing the exact opposite and not reaching that level of success?

It's such a loser mentality for all of you to think that the Bills have somehow made it without actually having won anything. I'd say 3/4 of this board is just happy to be here so don't burst their bubble. Well there's a minority of us that want and expect better. Before instantly shooting down those ideas please be more considerate because we are fans of this team too.

It’s entertainment.  We enjoy having one of the best teams in the league to root for. We have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl.  As a fan base, that’s all we hope for. There are 23+ other fan bases that have no chance to win the SB this season or next.  

yes, the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl…..but to accomplish that, you have to first build a championship caliber team. We have that.  So that’s why 3/4 of the fan base is happy.  There was a 20 year span where we had no chance. 

you can sulk and be Mr negativity whining and crying every day while insulting other Bills fans that are excited and happy we have a good team.  I’d rather be happy with a loser mentality than do whatever you’re doing here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s entertainment.  We enjoy having one of the best teams in the league to root for. We have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl.  As a fan base, that’s all we hope for. There are 23+ other fan bases that have no chance to win the SB this season or next.  

yes, the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl…..but to accomplish that, you have to first build a championship caliber team. We have that.  So that’s why 3/4 of the fan base is happy.  There was a 20 year span where we had no chance. 

you can sulk and be Mr negativity whining and crying every day while insulting other Bills fans that are excited and happy we have a good team.  I’d rather be happy with a loser mentality than do whatever you’re doing here.

He left the board for over a year when Josh Allen was selected. He wanted wrong Josh. Same fella was sulking over trading a fourth round pick to move up for Kincaid. He routinely expresses skepticism whenever folks are optimistic. Troll or dim, I don't care, offers nothing. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He left the board for over a year when Josh Allen was selected. He wanted wrong Josh. Same fella was sulking over trading a fourth round pick to move up for Kincaid. He routinely expresses skepticism whenever folks are optimistic. Troll or dim, I don't care, offers nothing. 

Mmhmmmm.  Miserable.  Sucks for him

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

You guys act like having an opinion different from yours means you are negative or trolling. Yes, it is nice that we have had a pretty good team with a good QB for the first time in a long time, but last I checked the goal was to WIN THE SUPERBOWL. As our team ages and the competition improves, we are not getting closer to that goal but just the opposite.

To me, you are all the negative ones. When people bring an opinion saying this is could be why it's not happening, it's instantly shot down as negativity. If the Bills are so great and Josh is the best of all time then what do we have to show for it? Some AFC East banners? Wow, who cares!

These are the facts:

2. Josh has no diet plan and drinks beer and eats whatever he wants - source Kyle Brandt podcast

3. Josh does not watch film because he wants to react and not think too much - source Barstool podcast

4. Josh plays more golf than most professional players - source Jordan Palmer podcast

5. Josh says he is focused on football yet he is flying around the country to visit his gf in LA and do commercials - source TMZ

These are not rumors, this is from his own mouth. If I'm a coach and someone says one of my players does not work out at all, eats whatever he wants, drinks a lot, doesn't watch film, spends all of his time playing golf or visiting his long distance gf, I'd say that kid is not focused on winning football games.

Please remove your lips from Josh's rear end and take a critical look at reality. Yes, he is the best player on our team but can he be better? Absolutely! What if there was a QB who was the best ever and he wrote a book about all of his secrets to success (TB24)? Wouldn't you want your QB to read and follow that advice? Or are you cool with him doing the exact opposite and not reaching that level of success?

It's such a loser mentality for all of you to think that the Bills have somehow made it without actually having won anything. I'd say 3/4 of this board is just happy to be here so don't burst their bubble. Well there's a minority of us that want and expect better. Before instantly shooting down those ideas please be more considerate because we are fans of this team too.

You act like your superior critical posts on a message board have the power to affect change. Even if I “pull my head out of the sand” and go full “Josh Allen is lazy truther,” it accomplishes nothing except make my experience as a Bills fan miserable. And unlike so many, I don’t feel the need to temper expectations to make the eventual losses sting less. I’m a grown man who has had to deal with much bigger disappointment than losses in football games. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

These are the facts:

Appreciate you are SuperBowl or bust mentality. That is where I am as well.

However if you can not see Allen is the best QB in Bills history and a top 3 QB in this league not sure what to say. 

You are citing podcasts and rumors as facts. That is pretty poor. You have no idea and neither do I how much film he studies, what he eats, and what he does with his free time. 

Allen is our only hope of overcoming an underachieving head coach and possibly an overrated GM.  

I have been a consistent critic of Allen’s turnovers and hero ball. There is no doubt that needs to improve. But again we are talking slim margins there. Just 3 less INTs over a 17 game season puts him in elite company. What he gives up in a few extra turnovers he makes up for in yards gained on the ground. 

Allen is our only hope at the Championship we all want.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How do you think Allens is going to look this year? Personally, I think it's going to be another great year, but it might be overshadowed because of the rise of other young QBs like Tagovailoas, Lawrences, and Justin Herberts. Even Picketts might take a step forward, and Jacksons and Watsons are always a threat, too. Oh, and you can't forget Strouds and Richardsons! Even Russell Wilsons and Jimmy Garoppolos could thrive with new coaching.

Post of the decade. Thank you.

If Allen stays healthy I see him being top 4 QB.  I think the Bills will go to the AFCCG game but come up just short of the SB. 

I think Lawrence is going to light it up this year and be the media darling.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billl said:

All Mahomes did was throw for more yards than Josh, run for more yards than Josh, complete a higher percentage of his passes than Josh, average more yards per carry than Josh, lead a game tying scoring drive in under 13 seconds, go 6/6 in OT, and win the game.  So yeah, my opinion is that Mahomes was even better that day.

Also, I figured your favorite play would be the 4th down where a 5th string DB fell down on his backpedal leaving Davis completely uncovered in the end zone.  Amazing how Josh had to fit that ball into a 30 yard window.

Hahahahaha you spout all this nonsense then don’t even give credit where it’s due. The guy fell down??? NO he was absolutely juked out of his cleats 

10 hours ago, Airseven said:

To be fair, the basis on which Allen still gets compared to Mahomes is the :13 game. Both QBs were terrific in the clutch. Outside of that game, well, Mahomes is already a hall of famer and Allen hasn’t accomplished much of anything.

So in your opinion did Dan Marino ever accomplish anything? 

31 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You act like your superior critical posts on a message board have the power to affect change. Even if I “pull my head out of the sand” and go full “Josh Allen is lazy truther,” it accomplishes nothing except make my experience as a Bills fan miserable. And unlike so many, I don’t feel the need to temper expectations to make the eventual losses sting less. I’m a grown man who has had to deal with much bigger disappointment than losses in football games. 

Ignorance is bliss I suppose

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Hahahahaha you spout all this nonsense then don’t even give credit where it’s due. The guy fell down??? NO he was absolutely juked out of his cleats

Great, then credit Gabe for a great play and credit Tyreek for a great play.  The point is that you can’t minimize Mahomes hitting Hill on a perfectly timed crossing route while praising Allen for hitting a guy standing by himself in the end zone.  Apply whatever standard you want, just apply it to both QBs.  

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Brady played golf, too.

No one has any idea how much film Allen watches.  We do know that clowns like Whitlock say anything to get clicks and ratings.  

So, there's that.

24 minutes ago, Billl said:

Great, then credit Gabe for a great play and credit Tyreek for a great play.  The point is that you can’t minimize Mahomes hitting Hill on a perfectly timed crossing route while praising Allen for hitting a guy standing by himself in the end zone.  Apply whatever standard you want, just apply it to both QBs.  

Bills fans on a bills message board talking smack about a rival qb to other bills fans.  Imagine that.  We can’t be that bad….you’d rather spend your time here with us than the chiefs board.  Why is that exactly?  Oh yeah, we know.  Because 99% of the fans on your most popular board are idiots.  Go scold them and tell them to be better.  We can police our own. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Dont change topics. you said Brady did not have a SB win till after 10 years... Total BS. Thats all I pointed out. Have a nice day...

I said “Brady went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl,” which is 100 percent true. 

Remember your little “speak with intelligence” quip? Does that apply to reading with intelligence first?

This post is for the ones who are actually curious to know.

1. It's extremely difficult in a 32 team league with a salary cap to be the one team that wins a Super Bowl. All 32 teams have billions of reasons to win a SB themselves. 

2. Unlucky breaks. The entire season last year was statistically improbably in terms of unfortunate incidents. 

3. Extraordinary unlucky break. I'm talking 13 Seconds. Perfect storm black swan situation. 

I think that's about all folks. 

The reason the Bills haven't won a Super Bowl with Allen yet is due to an unusual amount of unlucky breaks in an ultra-competitive league. Smart money is on the chips falling into place during the next few years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

So if the Bills is not winning the Super Bowl this year is because Josh Allen is not into watchig game films. Got it.

It's about dedication and commitment and wanting something so bad that you are obsessed and will give everything you have for it. Brady had it (best NFL player ever). Watch the Florida Gators documentary on Netflix, Tebow had it (best college player ever).

Josh says the right things but doesn't do the little things to make it happen. He just seems happy to be here like many of you. That's nice, we have a good team and Josh is among the best at his position currently. That seems to be good enough for him and good enough for most of you.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

That is NOT true. Dude.. 

Brady won it in 2003. Just his third year being a Patriot.

"Tom Brady has won seven Super Bowls in Super Bowl XXXVI (2002), XXXVIII (2004), XXXIX (2005), XLIX (2015), LI (2017), LIII (2019) and LV (2021). He broke his own record as his 7th Super Bowl win came from his new recruitment as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, when they defeated defending champions Kansas City Chiefs 31-9."

2009 is Tom Brady's 10th year

INFACT Tom Brady won the SB 3 times IN his first 10 years.

Look it up man...

He went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl. He had a 10 year gap in his career where he was 0-2 in the big game. It is true. I’m sorry you cannot comprehend that. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

That is NOT true. Dude.. 

Brady won it in 2003. Just his third year being a Patriot.

"Tom Brady has won seven Super Bowls in Super Bowl XXXVI (2002), XXXVIII (2004), XXXIX (2005), XLIX (2015), LI (2017), LIII (2019) and LV (2021). He broke his own record as his 7th Super Bowl win came from his new recruitment as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, when they defeated defending champions Kansas City Chiefs 31-9."

2009 is Tom Brady's 10th year

INFACT Tom Brady won the SB 3 times IN his first 10 years.

Look it up man...

Not to get involved in this, but the 10-year gap is right there in your post.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, FireChans said:

Brady went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl. 2 of those years, they lost in the Super Bowl in large part because their offense got shut down. Brady should have watched more film.

My bad. for some reason my brain... lol I thought you said FIRST 10 years... i get it now... 

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Not to get involved in this, but the 10-year gap is right there in your post.

yea i thought he said FIRST 10 years. 

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How do you think Allens is going to look this year? Personally, I think it's going to be another great year, but it might be overshadowed because of the rise of other young QBs like Tagovailoas, Lawrences, and Justin Herberts. Even Picketts might take a step forward, and Jacksons and Watsons are always a threat, too. Oh, and you can't forget Strouds and Richardsons! Even Russell Wilsons and Jimmy Garoppolos could thrive with new coaching.

Post of the decade. Thank you.

I would also mention that I find it really strange that Josh hasn't watched the Quarterback documentary. As a competitor, wouldn't you watch that to get insight into your foes, especially Mahomes? For me, it would be a no brainer. I think this just another tick in the "doesn't prepare like he could" column.

Yet amazingly , Josh Allen hasn’t been the reason the Bills have yet to reach a Super Bowl in the McDermott era. Even more a testament to his ability. 

19 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think it’s at least 4: Mahomes, Rodgers, Stafford and Wilson off the top of my head. Tho that might be it. 

Yea, my bad. I think it is 4. Only one has two Super Bowls, and that would be Mahomes. The rest have one each. Point remains though. It’s very difficult to win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Yea, my bad. I think it is 4. Only one has two Super Bowls, and that would be Mahomes. The rest have one each. Point remains though. It’s very difficult to win the Super Bowl.

For sure. Hopefully with the changing of the QB guard there’s room for some new ones to win it. Just having Brady out of the picture is huge - especially for AFC teams. 

On 9/2/2023 at 1:17 PM, Araiza Curse said:

I want to spin this off from the Josh is lazy thread, and really debate this at face value. Let’s look at other QBs and their “work ethic” “talent abilities” and compare them to get a better idea of why. Let’s start with Tom Brady. 

Everyone here knows that Tom Brady is one of the least athletic QBs and yet he always had solid statistics and always knew where to place the ball. 

Everyone here knows that Josh Allen is one of the most athletic QBs. 

Josh has admitted he isn’t big into game film. But the more you dig into what it takes to be great, the more concerning that seems to be. How is it that Tom Brady can win so many super bowls with lower tier athleticism and arm strength and yet Josh Allen with his superior skill set has been unable to win even 1 Super Bowl? 

Tom Brady never really had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time outside of Moss, and yet he still always managed to keep the chains moving and put up points enough to win games. 

Josh Allen has had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time Diggs, and yet still unable to get over the hump. 

So I think questions around Allen’s “laziness” is warranted. Why should an elite talented QB be struggling more than a non elite talented QB?  

The only real difference is football IQ and studying the game to the point were you can attack and become a master despite not having elite traits. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this thinking, and others can chime in. But things do seem to not add up. 

Somebody probably mentioned it already but hqd McDermott not mishqandled the 13s the Bills would have a Superbowl imo and this would be a mute point.  And yes I said McDermott because it is know he took over the play caling in the last 13s and mishandled the pouch kick to the 5 vs deep thru theendzone

There should be way more heat on McDermott then Allen but it gets pushed under the rug and they gave him two more years

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not negative criticism that gets called out, it's clear and obvious trolling. There's like five that do it regularly, and Araiza Curse is like the dumb new kid of the group just now learning subtlety and trying to get away from vomiting up clear troll attempts. Just look at his circular brickhead responses.

Kdiggz for example seems like a real poster with real concerns, however I think the real posters often find themselves supporting the troll idiots and giving them life because so few other real people share their genuine concerns. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well you're comparing him to the best QB of all time... It's like when people compare every NBA player to Jordan, and it doesn't really make sense.

When you're talking about the person many consider the best EVER, well then all the thousands upon thousands of players who ever played come in beneath him. Every SB-winning QB, every HOFer, every person over decades is suddenly "not as good" as the best to ever do it. 

Does that make them not great players? No. It just means they're not THE best. 

In the same way, Josh doesn't need to be BETTER than Mahomes to win a SB. They don't go out on the field at the same time & compete in 1v1 drills. Him & the Bills offense just needs to be better than the Chiefs (or whoever's) defense than they are against the Bills' defense. ST & field position, coaching, etc. all obviously matter as well. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Well you're comparing him to the best QB of all time... It's like when people compare every NBA player to Jordan, and it doesn't really make sense.

When you're talking about the person many consider the best EVER, well then all the thousands upon thousands of players who ever played come in beneath him. Every SB-winning QB, every HOFer, every person over decades is suddenly "not as good" as the best to ever do it. 

Does that make them not great players? No. It just means they're not THE best. 

In the same way, Josh doesn't need to be BETTER than Mahomes to win a SB. They don't go out on the field at the same time & compete in 1v1 drills. Him & the Bills offense just needs to be better than the Chiefs (or whoever's) defense than they are against the Bills' defense. ST & field position, coaching, etc. all obviously matter as well. 

I can hear it now…..

”well, isn’t that the goal, to be the best ever? I mean, if you’re not first you’re last! What a bunch of loser mentality people can accept this?” 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I can hear it now…..

”well, isn’t that the goal, to be the best ever? I mean, if you’re not first you’re last! What a bunch of loser mentality people can accept this?” 

No way man. We win one with Josh and I’d sign up for 0-17 for the next decade.

Edited by FireChans
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No way man. We win one with Josh and I’d sign up for 0-17 for the next decade.

I’ll take your word for it. I have specifically asked certain posters, and I have been told they are relentless competitors (who never actually compete in any way on behalf of the Bills), and they would demand we/they do it again.  Why accept anything less than perfection?!?!    🤦‍♀️ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.