Why Are We Not Winning Superbowls?

Milanos Milano

I want to spin this off from the Josh is lazy thread, and really debate this at face value. Let’s look at other QBs and their “work ethic” “talent abilities” and compare them to get a better idea of why. Let’s start with Tom Brady. 

Everyone here knows that Tom Brady is one of the least athletic QBs and yet he always had solid statistics and always knew where to place the ball. 

Everyone here knows that Josh Allen is one of the most athletic QBs. 

Josh has admitted he isn’t big into game film. But the more you dig into what it takes to be great, the more concerning that seems to be. How is it that Tom Brady can win so many super bowls with lower tier athleticism and arm strength and yet Josh Allen with his superior skill set has been unable to win even 1 Super Bowl? 

Tom Brady never really had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time outside of Moss, and yet he still always managed to keep the chains moving and put up points enough to win games. 

Josh Allen has had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time Diggs, and yet still unable to get over the hump. 

So I think questions around Allen’s “laziness” is warranted. Why should an elite talented QB be struggling more than a non elite talented QB?  

The only real difference is football IQ and studying the game to the point were you can attack and become a master despite not having elite traits. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this thinking, and others can chime in. But things do seem to not add up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 9
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I want to spin this off from the Josh is lazy thread, and really debate this at face value. Let’s look at other QBs and their “work ethic” “talent abilities” and compare them to get a better idea of why. Let’s start with Tom Brady. 

Everyone here knows that Tom Brady is one of the least athletic QBs and yet he always had solid statistics and always knew where to place the ball. 

Josh has admitted he isn’t big into game film. But the more you dig into what it takes to be great, the more concerning that seems to be. How is it that Tom Brady can win so many super bowls with lower tier athleticism and arm strength and yet Josh Allen with his superior skill set has been unable to win even 1 Super Bowl? 

Tom Brady never really had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time outside of Moss, and yet he still always managed to keep the chains moving and put up points enough to win games. 

Josh Allen has had a true #1 WR for an extended period of time Diggs, and yet still unable to get over the hump. 

So I think questions around Allen’s “laziness” is warranted. Why should an elite talented QB be struggling more than a non elite talented QB?  

The only real difference is football IQ and studying the game to the point were you can attack and become a master despite not having elite traits. 

Maybe I’m wrong in this thinking, and others can chime in. But things do seem to not add up. 

OK I'm for most discussions on this board but this is a bad attempt at trolling, you can say it isn't but we know this is what this is. I'm not a mod here but I'd shut this thread down.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, BillzFreak said:

OK I'm for most discussions on this board but this is a bad attempt at trolling, you can say it isn't but we know this what this is. I'm not a mod here but I'd shut this thread down.

Why, it’s an honest discussion. Seriously, Brady wasn’t athletic at all compared to Josh, and yet he still managed to win the big games. Why? Was it because he put in more time on the field to learn the ins and outs? 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

Why, it’s an honest discussion. Seriously, Brady wasn’t athletic at all compared to Josh, and yet he still managed to win the big games. Why? Was it because he put in more time on the field to learn the ins and outs? 

So how come Dan Marino never won a championship then?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

He never really had an elite team. The organization during his tenure was bad at best. 

How about Phillip Rivers then? This is exactly my point, you can make a whole list of great Quaterbacks who haven't won a superb bowl. This is a troll thread, and it should be shut down plain and simple.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if anyone knows this, but winning the Super Bowl is like really hard. I think only one team does it each year.

But seriously did someone pump the board full of hallucinogens and not tell me?

Then how did a non athletic QB like Brady do it 7 times? 

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

How about Phillip Rivers then? This is exactly my point, you can make a whole list of great Quaterbacks who haven't won a superb bowl. This is a troll thread, and it should be shut down plain and simple.

Phillip Rivers did not have the physical gifts needed to win a Super Bowl. Allen does and still isn’t doing it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Then how did a non athletic QB like Brady do it 7 times? 

Phillip Rivers did not have the physical gifts needed to win a Super Bowl. Allen does and still isn’t doing it. 

But yet you say Brady won despite having not physical gifts? You're spinning you're wheels here troll. Honestly do you think people on here are stupid not to know what you trying to do with this thread?

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 1

But yet you say Brady won despite having not physical gifts? You're spinning you're wheels here troll. Honestly do you think people on here are stupid not to know what you trying to do with this thread?

Because Brady wanted it more than Rivers did. Brady studied the film harder than anyone I know. He was a surgeon on the field. That is what it takes to be great. Doing the little things despite not having the raw elite skill set. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Because Brady wanted it more than Rivers did. Brady studied the film harder than anyone I know. He was a surgeon on the field. That is what it takes to be great. Doing the little things despite not having the raw elite skill set. 

So this is a Tom Brady thread then?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

OK I'm for most discussions on this board but this is a bad attempt at trolling, you can say it isn't but we know this is what this is. I'm not a mod here but I'd shut this thread down.

This is the same thread……AGIAN. And he wonders why people put him on ignore. Say it, think it, discuss it. That’s all fine. Just stop beating us over the head with it repeatedly and then say discussion other than how perfect things are is not tolerated. It’s not the topic, it’s the poster. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

You know Tom Brady???

Then let's go back to the Kelly days then, did he not want it bad enough? Honestly man if you want to troll go ahead but just be honest about it.

I do not think Kelly was smart enough. You could argue he didn’t have the elite attributes either. 

Allen has a cannon, he is extremely athletic. He seems smart enough. So the really only other thing that could make me think why we haven’t won a Super Bowl is because he doesn’t want it enough in the film room to be the surgeon needed to win. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Umm maybe because he has to go through Mahomes and Burroes to even get to the SB. 

also comparing Allen to the GOAT just isn’t fair! Brady was one of the best ever reading Defenses in NFL history.   He also was not forced to carry the team when he first started, the Pats D  carried the team and let him develop. Allen been the man since day 1. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm maybe because he has to go through Mahomes and Burroes to even get to the SB. 

also comparing Allen to the GOAT just isn’t fair! Brady was one of the best ever reading Defenses in NFL history.   He also was not forced to carry the team when he first started, the Pats D  carried the team and let him develop. Allen been the man since day 1. 

Um you realize he beat KC in the Super Bowl right? 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

His game didn’t seem to have any holes in it until McDermott and Frazier screwed him and Bills fans out of a Lombardi Trophy with .13 seconds. Just sayin 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

His game didn’t seem to have any holes in it until McDermott and Frazier screwed him and Bills fans out of a Lombardi Trophy with .13 seconds. Just sayin 

The only holes in his game is between his head. He has all the gifts in the world to be a Super Bowl champ. 

Honestly if I were Allen, I’d be sitting down with Brady and trying to get to the level of reading defenses that he was at. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

Playing QB is hard.  No matter how hard many try. No matter how many hours some study.  It won’t be good enough to make them a champion. 

13 seconds could be a reason we didn’t win one SB.  Injuries could be a reason we didn’t win one another.  Poor coaching and not enough talent could be a reason we didn’t win another.  

we’ve had 3 chances to win SBs.  In all 3 season ending defeats, I don’t think Josh’s

lack of watching film led to any of them.  It could in the future….but I don’t believe that’s the reason we aren’t winning super bowls to date. 

Playing against great teams is also part of the equation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Playing QB is hard.  No matter how hard many try. No matter how many hours some study.  It won’t be good enough to make them a champion. 

13 seconds could be a reason we didn’t win one SB.  Injuries could be a reason we didn’t win one another.  Poor coaching and not enough talent could be a reason we didn’t win another.  

we’ve had 3 chances to win SBs.  In all 3 season ending defeats, I don’t think Josh’s

lack of watching film led to any of them.  It could in the future….but I don’t believe that’s the reason we aren’t winning super bowls to date. 

I mean this is a fair take, but don’t other Super Bowl champion QBs also have to play hard teams to get there? So what sets them apart. What seems the most odd is how an unathletic Brady can win 7. What is the secret sauce? It must be that he was just elite in the game film to diagnose defenses. 

• Dislike 1

The only holes in his game is between his head. He has all the gifts in the world to be a Super Bowl champ. 

Honestly if I were Allen, I’d be sitting down with Brady and trying to get to the level of reading defenses that he was at. 

Josh doesn’t have any issues reading defenses. The offense has been top 5 in the league for the last 3 years. You don’t get to that level and have problems reading defenses. He’s highly regarded as one of the most elite QBs in the league. You don’t get there by having problems reading defenses. 

You do get there however by no name idiots making up stories about you for click bait so their Twitter followers increases. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Josh doesn’t have any issues reading defenses. The offense has been top 5 in the league for the last 3 years. You don’t get to that level and have problems reading defenses. He’s highly regarded as one of the most elite QBs in the league. You don’t get there by having problems reading defenses. 

You do get there however by no name idiots making up stories about you for click bait so their Twitter followers increases. 

This 

If Allen doesn’t have an issue reading defenses, then why did our offense only score 12 points against the Bengals in the playoffs? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I mean this is a fair take, but don’t other Super Bowl champion QBs also have to play hard teams to get there? So what sets them apart. What seems the most odd is how an unathletic Brady can win 7. What is the secret sauce? It must be that he was just elite in the game film to diagnose defenses. 

again, you're not a serious person, and this is not a serious question

if you were a serious person asking a serious question, you'd know why brady won so many super bowls. his division was automatic for almost the entirety of his career.

most of his postseasons, he had to only win twice to advance to the sb

that's your bloody secret sauce, pal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

He was elite in game film. He also had the pleasure of working with one of the best of not the best HC of all time. He also won his first 3 SBs when they were a very balanced offense with a good running game and phenomenal defense. 

we have McDermott and Frazier. Yeah, imo it’s a long shot it ever happens with this coaching staff. But Josh is so good and talented he may be able to counter the bad coaching luck. 

If Allen doesn’t have an issue reading defenses, then why did our offense only score 12 points against the Bengals in the playoffs? 

Because our coach is a lame duck coach and couldn’t get these guys up for a game. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I’ve stated many times Josh elevates the team around him more than any other QB in the league. He’s mostly had piss poor offensive lines and average talent around him…. Along with a defense that doesn’t have a clue against elite QBs in the playoffs.

Thank you 

2020 beaten by the better team

2021 coaching blunders 

2022 failed to show up against a team ready to play

good news is as long as Bills keep the roster in the top 10 and Allen remains healthy the they will have another 10 years of opportunity 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.