Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

Probably most intrigued I been in recent years on this topic. Understanding cap restraints I believe  tackle depth, backup QB, and MLB are real possibilities. MLB I’m really hopeful for because that’s one starting position that has to be addressed. I’m not comfortable (possible denial) saying the bills 2023 starting MLB is currently on the roster today 

15 minutes ago, T master said:

Are there any MLB's that have been cut that may be a get for the Bills ? 

I think it was a mistake to not get the 2 top LB's in the last draft especially seeing as they let Edmunds go . 

Agreed…I was calling for Buffalo to trade Edmunds last year and draft a top MLB…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFooteball said:

Probably most intrigued I been in recent years on this topic. Understanding cap restraints I believe  tackle depth, backup QB, and MLB are real possibilities. MLB I’m really hopeful for because that’s one starting position that has to be addressed. I’m not comfortable (possible denial) saying the bills 2023 starting MLB is currently on the roster today 

Since there is an extremely low likelihood that a competent and experienced MLB is somehow going to be available after cutdown, and since even then it would take a minimum of three or four weeks to get that guy up to speed and ready to QB the defense, I am very confident the  Bills’ starting MLB is currently on the team.  We may not like it, but that is the away it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

It's like the guy refuses to get better 😆

Didn't he have a ruptured Achilles tendon?

Those are hard to come back from.  I'm not persuaded that Ike Boettger is going to come back.

And frankly, OJ Howard kind of seemed marginal before the injury.  On the other hand, he struggled with previous ankle injuries.  Sometimes they build up.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Agreed…I was calling for Buffalo to trade Edmunds last year and draft a top MLB…

Because it would have made so much sense in a year where the Bills were expected to contend?  And the trade market woulda been so hot for a guy on a fully guaranteed 5th year option?

Come on, Man.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Didn't he have a ruptured Achilles tendon?

Those are hard to come back from.  I'm not persuaded that Ike Boettger is going to come back.

And frankly, OJ Howard kind of seemed marginal before the injury.  On the other hand, he struggled with previous ankle injuries.  Sometimes they build up.

Because it would have made so much sense in a year where the Bills were expected to contend?  And the trade market woulda been so hot for a guy on a fully guaranteed 5th year option?

Come on, Man.

Look how far the actual situation got us…now we are stuck behind the 8 ball, with no solution in site…

At least, the other way we would have solved the position for years to come AND gotten value…👍

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Since there is an extremely low likelihood that a competent and experienced MLB is somehow going to be available after cutdown, and since even then it would take a minimum of three or four weeks to get that guy up to speed and ready to QB the defense, I am very confident the  Bills’ starting MLB is currently on the team.  We may not like it, but that is the away it is. 

You can be confident that the player is there but are you confident with the play and results that choice will provide…?

Most, I believe, aren’t going to be confident in that. 

If Tremaine caught flak then god help the guy who’ll be worse. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Carolina has to claim him and release him before we are allowed to have a shot.

Ahh, yes. That and dead cap space always confuse me.  I’ll think of that triangular recycle logo to help me remember. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not a release but a trade:

Cleveland trades : OT Wheatley

Patriots Trade: RB Strong

It’s raining OT’s!!!  

Boy, there must be a lot of bad OT play out there. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Does the pipe flow both ways?  😋

Should it? I have no idea who this guy is. 

He's a former 4th rounder. Had some promise with the Texans before being traded in the Tunsil deal and getting hurt. Bounced around a bit since then. He does have starts at both Tackle spots but in reality I think he's JAG at this stage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ahh, yes. That and dead cap space always confuse me.  I’ll think of that triangular recycle logo to help me remember. 

It’s raining OT’s!!!  

Boy, there must be a lot of bad OT play out there. 

I can speak for the Pats only.. and my God if there is one huge and glaring weakness it’s RT and the backup LT.. I mean bad would be an improvement.. Against GB the backup got beat bad and almost got Jones killed and then sees the ball on the ground and doesn’t even try to go after it .

56 minutes ago, BBFL said:

You can be confident that the player is there but are you confident with the play and results that choice will provide…?

Most, I believe, aren’t going to be confident in that. 

If Tremaine caught flak then god help the guy who’ll be worse. 

I am not confident at all in our options for the position, just hoping for the best and not expecting the problem to be solved through waiver wire pick ups or a last minute trade.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

we need to sign this guy just purely out of spite. 

Sometimes I think that's what they've been doing all along. 🤔

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dear God, no....

Lions released Bobby Hart.

Isn't that an automatic waiver claim by the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.