The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

44 minutes ago, babulator said:

I find the whole Edmunds saga pretty gripping tbh.

I wanted him to be "The" guy, I was rooting for him, I was sipping the Kool aid & buying all the excuses and just could not wrap my head around why he was soo... average. Now, after watching him QB the leagues worst or 2nd worst D in the league he looks awful, not average, not below average, he just looks lost. While I'm still not ready to write him off entirely as a bust, I need to see more. The more I watch him though, the more I'm starting to think he may have cost us a shot or 2 @ the SB.

Inquiring minds want to know. Keep this thread going imho.

Bears fans know a thing or two about how a great linebacker is supposed to look. They’ve been spoiled.

“Our linebackers are bad. Reallllly bad.”

When I read that on their boards I laughed, don’t know why. But genuinely laughed. They’re not happy with Edmunds or the other signing, TJ Edwards. But at least he signed for a modest amount. Edmunds… ouch. I feel for them. Okay maybe I don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, babulator said:

I find the whole Edmunds saga pretty gripping tbh.

I wanted him to be "The" guy, I was rooting for him, I was sipping the Kool aid & buying all the excuses and just could not wrap my head around why he was soo... average. Now, after watching him QB the leagues worst or 2nd worst D in the league he looks awful, not average, not below average, he just looks lost. While I'm still not ready to write him off entirely as a bust, I need to see more. The more I watch him though, the more I'm starting to think he may have cost us a shot or 2 @ the SB.

Inquiring minds want to know. Keep this thread going imho.

What makes it even more interesting is that his replacement who few had high hopes for has already matched Edmunds single season sack and interception records, and is on pace to break his tackle record as well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

What makes it even more interesting is that his replacement who few had high hopes for has already matched Edmunds single season sack and interception records, and is on pace to break his tackle record as well. 

A guy they were trying to replace (w/Kirksey) even. It's eye opening.

46 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So if they resign Davis you and the rest of the board will be saying what is Beane thinking? Lets see how that goes...

Let Him Walk, he is going to cost way too much to resign and we are 31 million over the salary cap  in 2024 with just 42 players signed as we stand right now. Beane has stretched out his ability to restructure contacts. We most definitely will no be able to restucture our way out of next years salary cap situation. 

it makes complete sense to go into next years draft and find a cost controlled WR capable of becoming a #1 playing the part of our #2 until Diggs retires or loses a step.

• Agree 3

53 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So if they resign Davis you and the rest of the board will be saying what is Beane thinking? Lets see how that goes...

no, I'm a supporter of Davis. 

maybe you didn't see this thread that has been sitting on page 1 for weeks?  Take a stroll through it:

50 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol there are many folks saying “let him walk” right now. You’re hysterical. 

That is exactly my point. I am saying watch them resign him and then the tune will change. Now its he is not worth the money, not good enough, blah blah. When he resigns it is great deal, he knows the system, there were no better options, different blah blah. 

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

That is exactly my point. I am saying watch them resign him and then the tune will change. Now its he is not worth the money, not good enough, blah blah. When he resigns it is great deal, he knows the system, there were no better options, different blah blah. 

Like I said, arguing with voices in your head lol. Different people say different things. 

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Like I said, arguing with voices in your head lol. Different people say different things. 

Obviously. That is the point in discussing. Not sure your point. I am addressing the people that just go along and blindly support whatever the team does or doesn't do. If that isn't you then move along. No need to say people say didnt things...if not every thread would be 1 million posts repeating itself. 

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Obviously. That is the point in discussing. Not sure your point. I am addressing the people that just go along and blindly support whatever the team does or doesn't do. If that isn't you then move along. No need to say people say didnt things...if not every thread would be 1 million posts repeating itself. 

Like who? What voice?

On 9/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Bears Not Getting Return on Front Seven Investment

(Athletic paywall)

“Now, Edmunds did go to the locker room with an undisclosed injury. Maybe he wasn’t at 100 percent. But while he does come free, the rush in itself just doesn’t seem to have the twitch or urgency needed considering who is throwing the football.”

Exactly what I saw watching that game - he was running half speed all afternoon.  Wtf?

Edmunds is leading the Bears to top.  

image.thumb.png.6f4650a13addee69103dbced4e0989bf.png

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, ngbills said:

Davis, like Edmunds, will get way more on the open market than he deserves.  And the Bills can afford to re-sign him for anything more than the minimum.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You have no idea that kirksey was a Bernard replacement...

More like insurance in case something happened to Bernard 

This.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I truly believe the Kirksey was being brought in and was given a chance to learn the playbook, and then was going to get elevated to start

Then Bernard happened

And once they saw, they finally had some thing and GameDay situations they probably told Kirksey that he was going to be brought up to back up Bernard, which Kirksey didn’t like and retired

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it🤓

19 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

He's already fitting right in. They seem to love him on his new team.

Do they think he’s 17 years old?

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I truly believe the Kirksey was being brought in and was given a chance to learn the playbook, and then was going to get elevated to start

Then Bernard happened

And once they saw, they finally had some thing and GameDay situations they probably told Kirksey that he was going to be brought up to back up Bernard, which Kirksey didn’t like and retired

That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it🤓

Do they think he’s 17 years old?

Funny thing is somehow in that post someone knew the joke and said yeah but he's only 25 😂😂😉

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes, that's why he signed and quickly retired. He was likely under the impression he would be the starter and retired as soon as he realized he wasn't. It's not worth arguing about but it's pretty obvious to most. *shrugs*

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Close this thread. Edmunds is gone and I, speaking for we, don't really give a ***** what he does now.

Well it proves that Edmunds is a liability in coverage, and is addition by subtraction.

Now you replace him with Bernard.    Bernard has made more plays in 3 games than Edmunds in his career.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Then Bernard happened.

Seems kinda crazy to assume that after spending two pre-seasons, a full season, and a whole offseason with Bernard… and not drafting any middle linebacker … and letting Edmunds go … the Bills coaching staff had no idea Bernard was good and they were just yolo’ing it.

Perhaps we just didn’t know what to expect as fans and Bernard’s injury forced Dodson into the lineup during the preseason?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Seems kinda crazy to assume that after spending two pre-seasons, a full season, and a whole offseason with Bernard… and not drafting any middle linebacker … and letting Edmunds go … the Bills coaching staff had no idea Bernard was good and they were just yolo’ing it.

Perhaps we just didn’t know what to expect as fans and Bernard’s injury forced Dodson into the lineup during the preseason?

Dodson still scares the crap out of me

18 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I'm sure they had an idea.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:49 AM, Rigotz said:

This.  Always this.  It's why I take the posts in this forum with a HUGE grain of salt.

Edmunds has been a disaster in Chicago no doubt.

But, for some context, this is the same Bears team that made Roquan and Morrow look like 2 of the worst LB's in the league last year and both are amongst the best in the NFL so far this year on new teams.  That whole team is a train wreck, top to bottom in the staff and FO

That Bears team is a disaster...I would say they should clean house and fire everyone this week...GM, HC, OC, and DC.  But, its probably in their best interest to keep losing so they can try and get both Caleb and Marvin Harrison Jr this draft with the picks they have.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

I wonder if the money is worth that such feeling in his stomach every week to go from a team like the Bills to the Bears & then every week watching his old team doing what they are doing & seeing Bernard filling in for him the way he is the guy must be sick !! 

Sure the money is nice but i think i would rather be on a winning team than i would playing for a loser .

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Edmunds has been a disaster in Chicago no doubt.

But, for some context, this is the same Bears team that made Roquan and Morrow look like 2 of the worst LB's in the league last year and both are amongst the best in the NFL so far this year on new teams.  That whole team is a train wreck, top to bottom in the staff and FO

That Bears team is a disaster...I would say they should clean house and fire everyone this week...GM, HC, OC, and DC.  But, its probably in their best interest to keep losing so they can try and get both Caleb and Marvin Harrison Jr this draft with the picks they have.  

That would be a helluva great new start for some smart football guys to work with! YIKES! 

…..so they will mess it up.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

To me the main question this season is what the actual hell happened to Tremaine Edmunds? Looks like a 55 year old Turkey Bowl participant out there toting around a full belly full of mash potatoes and gravy. Good Lord has he been awful.

😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.