Connor McGovern Injury ????????????????

Riverboat Ritchie

30 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wait what? All he said was we'll see and he doesn't know.  Don't see how that equates to a bad or long term injury 

It would suck considering he got 100% of snaps at LG 

Don't fall to a trap post by a Chiefs fan pretending to be a Dolphins fan in a Bills forum.

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Go Chiefs!

He’s a dolphins fan!!

41 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wait what? All he said was we'll see and he doesn't know.  Don't see how that equates to a bad or long term injury 

It would suck considering he got 100% of snaps at LG 

Consider the source

• Like (+1) 1

Heard from my usual source on this. McGovern has an MCL sprain that does not require surgery. Could have been worse but the usual recovery timeframe on those is typically 4-6 weeks so he'll likely miss a few games. My source thinks closer to 4 weeks and he'll wear a brace. That would put him back in week 3, although that is an educated guess not definitive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

dawkins-bates-morse-torrence-brown

I think Edwards takes the LG spot if McGovern does miss time. That time table if true really puts him on the PUP bubble. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if true. We have some solid depth there. 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

McD wouldn't make these type of comments if it wasn't serious.

Very concerning for an oline that looked as bad as they did against the Steelers. 🤢🤮

I see what you did there.... :devil:

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

🤢🤮

Edited by Freddie's Dead

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

I think Edwards takes the LG spot if McGovern does miss time. That time table if true really puts him on the PUP bubble. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if true. We have some solid depth there. 

Edwards can fill in well. Always concerned about overall depth when a starter goes down. Kromer needs to really step up this year. He has to get SB on track. 

18 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I'm kind of surprised this is being taken so lightly.

An OL that has been shaky all training camp, and looked pretty bad vs the Steelers, may lose a starter for the first few weeks of the regular season and people are mocked for being concerned. 😂 

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Edwards can fill in well. Always concerned about overall depth when a starter goes down. Kromer needs to really step up this year. He has to get SB on track. 

The oline should be fine. Kromer is damn good and Beane knows what he's doing. 

Not a big deal if McGovern goes down. The Bills are deep in that position. 

Smash the Jets!

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

An OL that has been shaky all training camp, and looked pretty bad vs the Steelers, may lose a starter for the first few weeks of the regular season and people are mocked for being concerned. 😂 

Trust the process. Kromer is an excellent coach and Beane has solidified the oline. 

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

The drop off from McGovern to Bates or Edwards is not so great that it kills our season. Our IOL is deep.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The drop off from McGovern to Bates or Edwards is not so great that it kills our season. Our IOL is deep.

It's not like McGovern is elite. The pieces are there so long as the back ups don't get injured.

The Bills are more vulnerable at the tackle position. If Brown or Dawkins go down then I'd be more concerned. Even then, Beane has a solid plan for that too. 

Almost everyone in the league has oline concerns. 

Remember, number 17 can make up for a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Heard from my usual source on this. McGovern has an MCL sprain that does not require surgery. Could have been worse but the usual recovery timeframe on those is typically 4-6 weeks so he'll likely miss a few games. My source thinks closer to 4 weeks and he'll wear a brace. That would put him back in week 3, although that is an educated guess not definitive.

Thx for sharing.  I hope your source is wrong on this though. 

Curious McGovern stayed out with the team yesterday to watch remainder of practice and not seen on crutches immediately after.  But perhaps they found out more today, testing/imaging.  Depending on severity of sprain, Week 1 will be challenging to play.   Agree with your take on Edwards/Bates being capable depth, Quennin Williams seemed to have a field day LY with our IOL (will need to see how much of that was Morse/Bates).

1 hour ago, vincec said:

all the "concerns" were at Tackle actually

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Thx for sharing.  I hope your source is wrong on this though. 

Curious McGovern stayed out with the team yesterday to watch remainder of practice and not seen on crutches immediately after.  But perhaps they found out more today, testing/imaging.  Depending on severity of sprain, Week 1 will be challenging to play.   Agree with your take on Edwards/Bates being capable depth, Quennin Williams seemed to have a field day LY with our IOL (will need to see how much of that was Morse/Bates).

how does an offense offset a strong DT  ?

Yes

It's play calling

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

I watched Edwards a bit during that Pittsburgh game, and I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

The Jets starters are a teeny bit different than the Steelers backups, but still...

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Correct.  100% agree, saw it happen week 1 against Rams.  Dorsey/Allen need to take the "jabs", then mix in the deep shots.  

It's against Ken's philosophy, but hoping he has learned that lesson for this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey shines this year. He will be a head coach soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4-6 weeks (if true) is a real bummer.  He won't be right all year now.  

saying there is no dropoff from him to bates is a real head scratcher?  They literally used free agency and a 2nd round pick to improve at guard.  I mean it was for a reason.

I've had a grade 2 MCL sprain, the 6-week variety. It swelled up pretty fast & hurt like hell to put weight on it, there's no way I could've been walking around on the sideline after it happened. If McGovern was really moving around, I'm hopeful it's of the milder variety.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s a dolphins fan!!

Consider the source

@FilthyBeasthas been predicting the inevitable fins division title run since we lost back to back games to the titans and chiefs back in early 2020. 

I guess if he just keeps at it, eventually he’ll be right. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The oline should be fine. Kromer is damn good and Beane knows what he's doing. 

Not a big deal if McGovern goes down. The Bills are deep in that position. 

Smash the Jets!

Trust the process. Kromer is an excellent coach and Beane has solidified the oline. 

I felt the same way about Kromer when we got him back. But last year the OL underperformed. We brought in guys that he has signed off on. It’s critical the OL improves but imho Kromer has to do better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The good news here is that the bills have addressed the interior line positions so hard that we can afford to take an injury and not have a fall off and play wild said player recovers

Of course I want the line to be healthy all year, but the bills have address the situation

Wait a sec…

This doesn’t fit the narrative that Brandon Beane hates O-Linemen.

9 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

4-6 weeks (if true) is a real bummer.  He won't be right all year now.  

saying there is no dropoff from him to bates is a real head scratcher?  They literally used free agency and a 2nd round pick to improve at guard.  I mean it was for a reason.

Why do you say that? Bates is a quality guard. Honestly so is Edwards. None of them are probowl level thus the drop off is not that bad. No one is saying it is a good thing but it is not a season altering injury. 

This of course assumes Torrence is ready to start and play well as a rookie. If he is shaky that will really hurt.

This injury could give Boettger or even Alec Anderson a shot to make the final 53. They may choose to carry an extra OL for the first couple of weeks. Which in turn means they may go with one less CB

We have depth here. Maybe they're even playing (pointless) mind games with the Jets prep especially with their interior defensive line talent. But if you can get past this Jets game, you may even be able to sit him the two weeks after that without destroying your postseason chances.

Sprained my MCL 6 years ago jumping out of a moving golf cart. Not mild but not terrible. Was back to jumping out of golf carts 3 weeks later 

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why do you say that? Bates is a quality guard. Honestly so is Edwards. None of them are probowl level thus the drop off is not that bad. No one is saying it is a good thing but it is not a season altering injury. 

This of course assumes Torrence is ready to start and play well as a rookie. If he is shaky that will really hurt.

This injury could give Boettger or even Alec Anderson a shot to make the final 53. They may choose to carry an extra OL for the first couple of weeks. Which in turn means they may go with one less CB

The evidence at present is that Torrence is not shaky

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.