Connor McGovern Injury ????????????????

Riverboat Ritchie

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

So have we heard anything definitive?

Not yet, and likely won't until he's back practicing.  We have:

1. @HappyDaysinside scoop: sprained MCL/no surgery

2. McGovern stayed on field/leg sleeve, to finish watching practice & his post-practice interview with BN

Pure guess, but knowing MCL injuries can be very painful and instability is a concern, the fact he stayed out to finish watching and didn't seem concerned in his interview - could be a Grade 1 sprain, or low Grade 2.

If Grade 1, I think it's very possible he plays Week 1.  Grade 2, likely looking at 1-2 missed games.

• Like (+1) 3

Good to hear McGovern say this before his injury:  

"[Buffalo is a] complete 180 [from Dallas].  It’s been the best [coaching] I’ve had in my career from college all the way up.  [Kromer] gets into the small, little details, and I’ve never really had somebody pick things apart.  It’s not, ‘Hey, just block your guy.’ It’s, ‘Get your punch up a couple inches to the V-neck of the jersey.’ Just those little things.” 

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mcgovern-reveals-complete-180-from-cowboys/ar-AA1fNbSJ

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good to hear McGovern say this before his injury:  

"[Buffalo is a] complete 180 [from Dallas].  It’s been the best [coaching] I’ve had in my career from college all the way up.  [Kromer] gets into the small, little details, and I’ve never really had somebody pick things apart.  It’s not, ‘Hey, just block your guy.’ It’s, ‘Get your punch up a couple inches to the V-neck of the jersey.’ Just those little things.” 

Wow is this a real quote?  Do you have a link to the interview?

Nevermind I found it

Edited by MikePJ76
found the interview
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

Based on what? What tools?

Based on his experiences as a QB, collegiate and pro.

Based on his experiences as an assistant to one of the better OC's in the league.

Based on his tool box that has Allen, Diggs, Davis, Cook, Knox, Kincaid and some other choice pieces. 

And based on the fact he had the #2 Offense in the NFL as a rookie OC though many consider he did not have the best roster.

How's that?

Edited by billsbackto81

22 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I think Edwards takes the LG spot if McGovern does miss time. That time table if true really puts him on the PUP bubble. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if true. We have some solid depth there. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "PUP bubble".  PUP, or "physically unable to perform", only applies to players who come into training camp injured and never take a snap.  Once a guy takes a snap in preseason, there is no "PUP bubble" because PUP can not be used.

Perhaps you mean "IR bubble"?  If he's IR'd, he must miss 4 regular season games.  The challenge is to put him on IR eligible to return, he has to start the season on the 53 man roster, then go on IR.  So someone has to have a "handshake deal" to take a cut, allow McGovern to pass to the 53 man roster then be IR'd, and then re-sign.

I'm curious if anyone knows who has been taking McGovern's snaps at LG and how they're doing?  Is it Edwards?

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are you here?

For attention. My guess is they didn’t get enough attention from someone at some point in their life and now they are so hungry for it they have confused negative reactions as a positive because it invokes some feeling in them. They most likely struggles with being connected to the internal experience. We can have compassion for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

For attention. My guess is they didn’t get enough attention from someone at some point in their life and now they are so hungry for it they have confused negative reactions as a positive because it invokes some feeling in them. They most likely struggles with being connected to the internal experience. We can have compassion for them. 

Ain’t that the truth!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/25/2023 at 6:54 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This injury could give Boettger or even Alec Anderson a shot to make the final 53. They may choose to carry an extra OL for the first couple of weeks. Which in turn means they may go with one less CB

If they kept Boettger over even Broeker I would have to wonder what blackmail he holds over McBeane.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Based on his experiences as a QB, collegiate and pro.

Based on his experiences as an assistant to one of the better OC's in the league.

Based on his tool box that has Allen, Diggs, Davis, Cook, Knox, Kincaid and some other choice pieces. 

And based on the fact he had the #2 Offense in the NFL as a rookie OC though many consider he did not have the best roster.

How's that?

Not good enough,  sorry.

It was painfully obvious last season, as it went on,  that teams caught up with us and Dorsey didn't have an answer.

I'm not alone in that opinion. 

Hopefully,  he did a lot of studying this offseason. 

• Agree 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:10 AM, Ralonzo said:

My silver lining is there's a path to the roster for Anderson as backup C/G. Will be taking a hard look at the line during the Bears game.

expecting a report from you.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, MikePJ76 said:

Wow is this a real quote?  Do you have a link to the interview?

Nevermind I found it

yep t'was real enough

On 8/26/2023 at 2:14 PM, klos63 said:

Not good enough,  sorry.

It was painfully obvious last season, as it went on,  that teams caught up with us and Dorsey didn't have an answer.

I'm not alone in that opinion. 

Hopefully,  he did a lot of studying this offseason. 

It was his first year...pretty sure you weren't as good at what you do for a living in year 1 as you would be in year 2 or year 5 or year 10.

Erik Turner from Cover 1 is someone that doesn’t really publicize his information but I find that more times than not, he’s correct.   He has sources w/ the team 

He said to expect Williams to miss some time and that Edwards should be fill in admirably.  

I’m thinking McDermott announces him as “week-to-week” tomorrow.  Though it should be interesting to see if they put him on PUP

https://x.com/erikjturner/status/1694839455645946023?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

Edited by JohnNord
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Erik Turner from Cover 1 is someone that doesn’t really publicize his information but I find that more times than not, he’s correct.   He has sources w/ the team 

He said to expect Williams to miss some time and that Edwards should be fill in admirably.  

I’m thinking McDermott announces him as “week-to-week” tomorrow.  Though it should be interesting to see if they put him on PUP

https://x.com/erikjturner/status/1694839455645946023?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

I like what I’ve seen from Edwards when he’s in. All-pro? No, but seems like a solid backup. 

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

My work career isn't relevant, or remotely comparable.

Pretty sure it works that way across the board in all areas of life...the longer you do something, the more you learn and the better you get at it.  It's not rocket science.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty sure it works that way across the board in all areas of life...the longer you do something, the more you learn and the better you get at it.  It's not rocket science.

If I was to  get hired for a top position,  in a top organization,  with an incredible team to work with,  paid a high salary, in the best corporation in the world... I would be expected to perform at a high level from day 1. 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If I was to  get hired for a top position,  in a top organization,  with an incredible team to work with,  paid a high salary, in the best corporation in the world... I would be expected to perform at a high level from day 1. 

Dorsey's stats last year across the board were better than Daboll's last year here.  If that's your first year on the job, that's a pretty damn good floor to have. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do you think he's better than Dabol?

The question was intended for Big Turk but I'll step in with an answer...

No.  I think our offense would have been better last year with Daboll, particularly in the second half of the season where Dorsey seemed to become predictable and unimaginative.  Plus, if Daboll would have stayed, we still would have had Dorsey.  I would have preferred to keep both of them rather than just one.

However, last season was Dorsey's rookie year as a OC.  Many/most OCs get better with experience.  Let's hope Dorsey follows that trend.  

Daboll is a good coach - not just at scheming passing attacks but at team- and culture-building too.   But he wasn't generationally, heads-and-shoulders-above-his-peers good.  For example, he was better with QBs than RBs.  Despite Motor's solid YPC, Daboll didn't seem to know how to use RBs.  We couldn't count on our RBs in short-yardage situations, couldn't sustain a drive on RB runs, and didn't successfully integrate the RBs into the passing game.  

I have no reason to believe Dorsey will be better in these areas, but I do hope anyway because I'm a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.