Colts grant Jonathan Taylor’s request to seek trade

Big Blitz

52 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Colts playing dirty. They know no teams gonna trade for him right now. Teams don’t have cap space right now to give him the deal he wants. 

I think Taylor just wants to get out of there.  Get in the right situation and deal with the contract later.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This will be interesting because he wants to get paid, so not only do they need to compensate the Colts, but they will need to pay him and I am guessing he is going to expect $10M+ even though he is coming off injury and won't be playing behind that great OL.

You are very observant..........it's almost as if this scenario has transpired this offseason with Saquon Barkley already and now has been unfolding with Taylor for months and you've considered the possibilities before.

• Haha (+1) 1

For those stating to sign him, that’s not happening.  We don’t have the $, we’re a passing team, think we have an efficient staff to maybe make a step forward in the running game, etc..

Give away a draft pick or more, pay him $10 mil, and he’s coming off an injury.  Yeah, no.

Hes a special player and those with weak QB’s and cash would be logical.  If you look at NFL cap space balanced with teams who don’t have star RB’s and help to their QB, I can see Carolina pulling the trigger, or maybe even Jax as they have space and a solid QB.  Jax may want to go on a run, but the Colts would have to trade in division.  It brings me back to Car.  

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are very observant..........it's almost as if this scenario has transpired this offseason with Saquon Barkley already and now has been unfolding with Taylor for months and you've considered the possibilities before.

I honestly get excited every time I see I have a notification that you replied to something I said or mentioned me.  I sincerely find it amusing that I get to live so rent free in your head that I am the first thing you think about in each of these topics.  I did mean it when I said I think you need a ghost writer though...most of these are pretty weak, so I am hoping you start to better on these desperate troll jobs so they are at least more entertaining :)

Hope you keep these coming, its been a bit since I had stalker like this, brings back nostalgia of the good ole days around here and makes this board more interesting for me again :)

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Good lord, the dolphins are like the Toronto Maple Leafs, anyone worth a crap is going there first. In the NFL I guess with all trades and FAs Miami gets right of first refusal?

As long as the Pats**** get a compensatory pick, yes.

37 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

So it makes sense for the colts to sign him… thus they will not lol.

I actually disagree. I think a guy like AR needs to be the guy and call the shots. 

Josh had next to zero support as a rookie. He had to be the guy and learn on the go. I’m not sure he ascends to be the guy he is today if he was playing Mac Jones ball for his first 2 years.

Not sure why the Colts wont pay him, he is only 23, they have a QB on a rookie deal, and they have the money.

That said, Arizona should be all over this.  They have the money, the draft picks and the needs.  If the Colts are smart they will go ahead and trade him, outside of the AFC.

Edited by thenorthremembers

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure why the Colts wont pay him, he is only 23, they have a QB on a rookie deal, and they have the money.

That said, Arizona should be all over this.  They have the money, the draft picks and the needs.  If the Colts are smart they will go ahead and trade him, outside of the AFC.

If I’m Arizona I’m keeping my draft picks like the gold that they are. That team could go 0-17 this season. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My first thought. They can give him 3 year deal. Tua and Waddle big cap hits won’t kick in for a few years. They could fit him.

Tua's cap hit goes up $13.5 million next year, Hill's goes up $18+ million & Chubb's goes up $19+ million. That's about $51 million in increases for just 3 guys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah gotta be, that and all the money they gave Chubb. Their total against the cap in 2024 is only 7 million less than us. Even though, next year, Josh's cap hit is twice as big as Tua's.

QB cap hits don’t scare me as long as you have a true elite QB. Just extend them and the cap will lower. Can do that for awhile. Bills will extend Josh in the next couple years.

Dolphins as well hope Tua can stay healthy and they’ll extend him lowering the cap hit. They probably have 2 more years after this one before his cap will really hurt them.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If I’m Arizona I’m keeping my draft picks like the gold that they are. That team could go 0-17 this season. 

If I am Arizona I am thinking very hard about whether Kyler Murray is going to be the guy going forward.  If he isnt, then yes, as you say keep the picks.  If they are going to roll with him, I would ask myself if anyone in the top ten of this years draft is going to be more impactful than having Jonathan Taylor in the prime of his career.   If you can walk away with both Jonathan Taylor and Marvin Harrison Jr. for Kyler Murray its worth thinking about.

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Colts playing dirty. They know no teams gonna trade for him right now. Teams don’t have cap space right now to give him the deal he wants. 

Irsay ? No way ?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

It doesn’t deserve one page, but the redundancy machine will rev up and go out of control, 😂

thank you 
Signed

The redundancy Machine.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

For those stating to sign him, that’s not happening.  We don’t have the $, we’re a passing team, think we have an efficient staff to maybe make a step forward in the running game, etc..

Give away a draft pick or more, pay him $10 mil, and he’s coming off an injury.  Yeah, no.

Hes a special player and those with weak QB’s and cash would be logical.  If you look at NFL cap space balanced with teams who don’t have star RB’s and help to their QB, I can see Carolina pulling the trigger, or maybe even Jax as they have space and a solid QB.  Jax may want to go on a run, but the Colts would have to trade in division.  It brings me back to Car.  

naw  we good

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Yep, 3/12.  I see his value, but I’m pragmatic.

I can see the Fish moving on it especially as they have still some questions on Tua.  His concussions has to be a cause for concern.  Having a stud RB takes some pressure off Tua.

Miami needs a run game for that very reason.
if McDaniel can see that, i agree Taylor is in play for Miami

58 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don't see Jax doing it. They have Etienne on a rookie deal with the 5th year option, that gives them 3 more years on his rookie deal. Obviously not as good as Taylor, but he had 1,125 yards last year while averaging 5.1 a carry. Added over 300 yards more in receiving yards.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not exactly the best for the Bills, but it’s logical.

Well , lets take into consideration that Taylor is coming off injury. So there is risk involved for Miami :)
 But sincerely it does seem to be a logical landing spot for him.
and yes , he is a serious AFC east threat to be accounted for

cheers !

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Curious if this could happen.... NOT even talking about here, but was a spit-balling take from Cover2.  Say no teams were willing to trade and give a new contract, is it possible a team could offer to put in writing that they would NOT franchise tag him... just as the next best incentive for him as opposed to a new contract.  Just, we want your services for the year, we cant afford you, but to keep you happy/motivated, you'll get a chance to chase $$ as an Unrestricted next year?

Would just be interesting to see that precedent set, because anytime we see this situation most of the top dawg teams are immediately ruled out because of cap concerns.

Basically, can a team even offer a 'no franchise tag' clause? Has that happened before?

yea there could be a no tag clause 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I don't see Jax doing it. They have Etienne on a rookie deal with the 5th year option, that gives them 3 more years on his rookie deal. Obviously not as good as Taylor, but he had 1,125 yards last year while averaging 5.1 a carry. Added over 300 yards more in receiving yards.

That’s a sound point.  I keep going back to Carolina.  That teams needs help and a pressure valve release for the rookie QB.

Im sure they want some kind of win this year so they are at least competitive and it is a cross conference trade.   Indy would want that more than the Fish.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.