[Misleading Title]

major

I was floored last week when it was revealed that the 49ers were planning on signing Phillip Rivers for the Super Bowl had they beaten the eagles in the nfc championship. Besides Rivers, what other qb, who recently retired, would come out of retirement to play for a contender this season, if an injury happened? 

1 minute ago, major said:

I was floored last week when it was revealed that the 49ers were planning on signing Phillip Rivers for the Super Bowl had they beaten the eagles in the nfc championship. Besides Rivers, what other qb, who recently retired, would come out of retirement to play for a contender this season, if an injury happened? 

Brady 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, major said:

Brady. And he’d probably win, since the team would be good enough to get to the Super Bowl. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean, anyone who has recently retired is pretty much toast. Brady is probably the closest because his toast is still better than average and he has more experience in the postseason than maybe any QB in history.

But guys like Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan had massive drop offs in their play, arm strength, etc. when they hung it up.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How strange would it even be if you won the Super Bowl with a qb that played 1 game. Idk why but that would just feel so strange for everyone involved 

Foles was with the team for the season but he basically only started for the postseason for that Eagles Super Bowl win.

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, anyone who has recently retired is pretty much toast. Brady is probably the closet because his toast is still better than average. But guys like Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan had massive drop offs in their play, arm strength, etc. when they hung it up.

He is coming out of the closet?

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

Orton

How much would the bourbon and cigar expenses affect the cap?  It all comes down to numbers, my friends. This is a business. 

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Paul Crew

Back in the Big House, I hear. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How strange would it even be if you won the Super Bowl with a qb that played 1 game. Idk why but that would just feel so strange for everyone involved 

Imagine the Bills made the SB but Allen got injured in the AFCCG.

If the Bills were to sign Brady to fill in, I think Bills fans would rather lose than have their first & only ring be forever tarnished with Brady as the QB instead of our guy 😆

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Imagine the Bills made the SB but Allen got injured in the AFCCG.

If the Bills were to sign Brady to fill in, I think Bills fans would rather lose than have their first & only ring be forever tarnished with Brady as the QB instead of our guy 😆

The nightmares!  Make them stop!!

My god, good man. I won’t sleep for weeks with that image.

It was hard enough watching him here in Tampa.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.