Practice fight (8/15) - Helmets are swinging

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

We're not, we're actually in the Finger Lakes region. Hope that brightens your day 😊

isn't it wonderful?

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

he want to lecture you, a dentist, on fluoride and teeth,

everyday is an adventure!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Might not be allowed by rule, but would love if, right as opposing kickers approach the ball, that clip of Josh pops up on the Highmark screen and he goes “HEY!” in that commanding tone.

If that is not allowed, maybe they could display the clip with no sound, but have the home crowd trained to all yell “Hey!!!”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

When I'm at work I use company property as a weapon when I'm mad at a coworker. Who doesn't?

Taping the “kick me” post-it note sign on his back was bad enough. Stapling it on there was crossing a line, IMO. But I get it, things get intense sometimes in the break room. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Taping the “kick me” post-it note sign on his back was bad enough. Stapling it on there was crossing a line, IMO. But I get it, things get intense sometimes in the break room. 

I am a retired Proctologist and staples are pedestrian compared to the tools we used during "backdoor meetings".  

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

So far no one said it was Dodson swinging the helmet.  If no one saw it, Harty is the #1 suspect because he could have been dwarfed by the crowd.

Are you saying that maybe it just wasn’t a helmet but somebody swinging Harty around by the ankles??!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

The “oh, sorry” at the end… ha 

This is so priceless I’m putting it here for anyone who missed it the first time around!  😂 

I have watched it multiple times, and it keeps getting funnier! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Dodson - Undrafted and signed as udfa. Suspended for domestic violence. Cut after the suspension and resigned to PS. Fill playing time (150 snaps per year) over the past 3 years. Replacement for Edmunds (some calling him upgrade...). Fighting and swinging helmet at his teammates.  

Yuuuup. It’s been my biggest concern that we didn’t get a better replacement. 

54 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Paper cuts can be deadly no joke!

This is true 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Facts haha

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I don't like this but maybe it's a sign that they don't want to get pushed around anymore and be a bit tougher instead of finesse 

Yea!  Rahrah!!  Finessing requires better coaching than hard nose, lunch pail carrying, smash mouth, jaw busting, arsh kicking, black and bluing. grunt and grinding, snorting and bullying, not to mention helmet throwing (even those with bubble wrap).  Let’s try something new.  

3 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Yeah, Spencer definitely seems to have a mean streak.

One of my favorite things about this edition of the Bills is watching Spencer come flying in from out of frame downfield when the running back or receiver is in the process of being tackled. He launches himself into the tacklers with complete abandon. It makes me laugh every time. No one else does it with that kind of speed or unbridled joy.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Dodson is being blamed for the swing by fans, but it was never actually confirmed who did it.

Okay then, let’s blame Basham 

• Haha (+1) 1

So I was actually thinking that Hamlin might be in a bit of trouble as far as making the roster.  It's pretty clear the Bills like Cam Lewis A Lot for his versatility being able to play safety, nickel, and CB (I know there are people here who get PTSD at the thought, I'm putting out there what the Bills think, OK?)

But with Cam Lewis not at practice again (groin injury) Hamlin is saying "seize the day!" in making his case

4 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

We need more of these type of guys! Enough of this “soft”crap./

So true...time to end the finesse crap and start punching opponents in the mouth.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So I was actually thinking that Hamlin might be in a bit of trouble as far as making the roster.  It's pretty clear the Bills like Cam Lewis A Lot for his versatility being able to play safety, nickel, and CB (I know there are people here who get PTSD at the thought, I'm putting out there what the Bills think, OK?)

But with Cam Lewis not at practice again (groin injury) Hamlin is saying "seize the day!" in making his case

I've never seen Lewis make one remarkable play on ST but I'll never forget him getting pants'd by Jefferson. I'm rooting for Damar to pass him on the depth chart.

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This isn't the first time I've read this. Everyone from message board posters to Bills beat reporters have speculated that this might be a possibility.

Personally, I have not considered it to be a realistic possibility UNLESS Hamlin showed in practice that his effectiveness as a player was lessened due to the psychological toll of coming back from last year's incident.

Prior to the episode in Cincy last year, Hamlin was solidly third on the depth chart behind Hyde and Poyer, and it seemed the Bills liked him as a potential long term fixture as a starting safety. Everything I saw and heard about their belief in him -- backed up by the playing time he had been receiving both situationally and as a fill-in player -- seemed to indicate that they felt he had a very bright future.

To go from that kind of belief and faith from the coaches to being cut outright in just one season would take a major fall from grace. I have not at any point felt that it seemed likely, and I feel even less so now.

I just don't see how or why they'd cut Damar Hamlin. Furthermore, I think it's reasonably likely that Hamlin and Rapp are your 2024 or 2025 starting safety duo.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

This isn't the first time I've read this. Everyone from message board posters to Bills beat reporters have speculated that this might be a possibility.

Personally, I have not considered it to be a realistic possibility UNLESS Hamlin showed in practice that his effectiveness as a player was lessened due to the psychological toll of coming back from last year's incident.

Prior to the episode in Cincy last year, Hamlin was solidly third on the depth chart behind Hyde and Poyer, and it seemed the Bills liked him as a potential long term fixture as a starting safety. Everything I saw and heard about their belief in him -- backed up by the playing time he had been receiving both situationally and as a fill-in player -- seemed to indicate that they felt he had a very bright future.

To go from that kind of belief and faith from the coaches to being cut outright in just one season would take a major fall from grace. I have not at any point felt that it seemed likely, and I feel even less so now.

I just don't see how or why they'd cut Damar Hamlin. Furthermore, I think it's reasonably likely that Hamlin and Rapp are your 2024 or 2025 starting safety duo.

Agreed on every point. He's a 3rd year late round pick, but with GREAT football pedigree. He's well ahead of where Poyer was at this point of his career.

I've never seen him as a cut candidate as long as he was able to perform as well as he did last year.

Knowing that needs to improve. But there is time and opportunity to do that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Precious bodily fluids…

We must purify our essence !!

and...

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Caught on a hidden camera at todays Bills practice !!!

giphy.gif

First thing the rookies were taught at camp:  Do NOT get between Aaron Kromer and his beach chairs!

Edited by Jon in Pasadena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s a lie. Plenty of robberies and drug deals happen in Rochester. 

the new stadium has no roof.  if they built in rochester, it would have a roof.  we a bit too high class to sit outside in the lousy elements.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.