Training Camp 7/31 9:45 AM - Full pads this week

Lost

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still think Elam has a good shot to win the job, but he is going to need to earn it because Dane and Benford are no slouch.  And once you are drafted, your draft slot means nothing, its all about what you do on the field.  Doesn't matter if the best players comes from an UDFA or a first round pick, just matters who is playing the best and most ready to help us win games.

True, but you need a decent batting average on early round picks.  I have been a staunch defender of Bills’ drafts, but there have been a lot of early round disappointments.  Hopefully, Elam isn’t one of them.

15 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Bernard, at least stature-wise, reminds me of TJ Edwards.  Size isn't everything, *insert joke here*, but Bernard's instincts, quickness to read/react and ability to use his hands to shed blocks...was a big plus from Baylor scouts.

He fits the athletic measurables, undersized guys like him usually take a year or so of NFL training, to see any potential.  I don't think LY was a good indicator at all, and still think Dodson has the leg up.  Worse case, we find a sub package role or he's a S/T replacement for Big Red

what was alarming to me was that Bernard last year looked like he had no instincts. It was in very limited snaps— but he still looked lost.

I agree that his stature is irrelevant— but he hopefully is more comfortable in year 2 and can now rely on his instincts 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Top 10 ILBs by AAV per Spotrac (note: I'm aware there are rookies on 1st contracts who are good and also that this combines 3-4 and 4-3 inside lb)

[All data per NFL Draft And Combine Profiles]

Roquan Smith 6'1 236 grade 7.0 "pro bowl talent"

Shaquille Leonard 6'2" 234 grade  grade 6.3 "will eventually be plus starter"

Fred Warner 6'3" 236 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"

Tre Edmunds "wingspan of a pteradactyl" 6'5"253 grade 7.3 "perennial all-pro"

CJ Mosely 6'2" 234 grade 7.0 "pro bowl talent"

Deion Jones 6'1" 222 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"

De'Vondre Campbell 6'4" 232 grade 5.8 "average backup or special teamer"

Demario Davis 6'2" 235 grade makes no sense, but profile written as "initial special teamer" - 6.1 maybe?

Devin White 6'0" 237 grade 6.7 "year 1 starter"

Ja'whaun Bently 6'2" 260  grade: 5.6 "bottom of roster or practice squad"

That's a height average of 6'2" with a range from 6'0" to 6'6"

Wt average 238 with a range from 222 to 260.

Our guy Terrel:

Terrel Bernard: 6'1" 224 grade 5.94 "average backup or special teamer

Free bonus from this year's draft:

Dorian Williams 6'1" 228 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"
The MLB competition:

Tyrel Dodson 6'0" 237 grade 5.6 "candidate for bottom of roster or practice squad"

Baylon Spector 6'0" 233 grade 5.83 "average backup or special teamer"

So there you have it.  I included the draft grades from NFL Draft and Combine Profiles to show that while 4 of the top-10 contracts graded high before the draft, a number of others were graded as backups or bottom of the roster/ST guys.

It's not Bernard's size per se.  When I saw him in a game last season, I thought he was playing very tentative, like he was still thinking out there.  He'd make the right diagnosis, but get there late, and when he got there, he didn't THUMP, he would tackle and get dragged 3-5 yards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what was alarming to me was that Bernard last year looked like he had no instincts. It was in very limited snaps— but he still looked lost.

I agree that his stature is irrelevant— but he hopefully is more comfortable in year 2 and can now rely on his instincts 

I think his weight is relevant, and I was hoping he'd pack on some muscle.  But judging from the pics coming into OTAs and TC, not so much.

What I think you're seeing as "instincts" are that he's still processing what he sees and deciding what he needs to do, which makes him seem slow.

Some players speed up with time, and some don't.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Top 10 ILBs by AAV per Spotrac (note: I'm aware there are rookies on 1st contracts who are good and also that this combines 3-4 and 4-3 inside lb)

Fred Warner 6'3" 236 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"

Deion Jones 6'1" 222 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"

Demario Davis 6'2" 235 grade makes no sense, but profile written as "initial special teamer" - 6.1 maybe?

Our guy Terrel:

Dorian Williams 6'1" 228 grade 6.1 "good backup with potential to develop into starter"
The MLB competition:

Tyrel Dodson 6'0" 237 grade 5.6 "candidate for bottom of roster or practice squad"

So there you have it.  I included the draft grades from NFL Draft and Combine Profiles to show that while 4 of the top-10 contracts graded high before the draft, a number of others were graded as backups or bottom of the roster/ST guys.

It's not Bernard's size per se.  When I saw him in a game last season, I thought he was playing very tentative, like he was still thinking out there.  He'd make the right diagnosis, but get there late, and when he got there, he didn't THUMP, he would tackle and get dragged 3-5 yards.

Idk, I think his size/strength could be a problem.  I’d like to see a comparison of his body from day a last season to day 1 this season.  The pics I’ve seen of him this year, he looks the same.  Very little definition compared to everyone else’s. Imo, he NEEDS to add muscle and play strength if he wants to play MLB in the NFL.  

Look at Matt Milanos body transformation over the years.  He was always in good shape, but now he’s a lean mean ripped smashing machine.  Bernard looks small and WEAK next to him….. and he’s playing the position that requires more size and strength than Milanos. 

I’m pulling for the guy, but if he can’t change his body, I don’t see him ever succeeding as a starting mlb.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Idk, I think his size/strength could be a problem.  I’d like to see a comparison of his body from day a last season to day 1 this season.  The pics I’ve seen of him this year, he looks the same.  Very little definition compared to everyone else’s. Imo, he NEEDS to add muscle and play strength if he wants to play MLB in the NFL.  

Look at Matt Milanos body transformation over the years.  He was always in good shape, but now he’s a lean mean ripped smashing machine.  Bernard looks small and WEAK next to him….. and he’s playing the position that requires more size and strength than Milanos. 

I’m pulling for the guy, but if he can’t change his body, I don’t see him ever succeeding as a starting mlb.  

This is exactly it for me as well.  He just looks weak and like he doesn’t belong in a NFL LB room.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don't disagree with you a bit. I would say his size isn't a problem, but his strength (indicated by light weight) is.

I was hoping to see Bernard put on more muscle myself, taking a leaf from the Milano playbook.

I agree, in the glimpses I've seen, he looks about the same.

That was my biggest knock on Bernard in the 1 game we saw him play for Milano last season: he would get to the right place, tackle, and get dragged literally for yards.

Both Dodson, Spector, and even Williams are heavier

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

It's not impossible for a guy Bernard's size to be a good MLB — but he has to make up for the lack of size in other ways. Is that happening yet? Not yet in the reports I've seen. Maybe it will come...

I hear ya…but for some reason I’m not concerned about MLB…call me crazy but I just feel the cream will eventually rise to the top…👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My observations from camp today

- The first thing I thought when I sat down with my Dad today was how excited he was last year to see the rookie punter punt! (seems like 20 yrs ago)

- Went up to the top of the stands to see the players walk out of the buildings and said hi to Astro who was in his usual place there

- Shorter was out early worked on the JUGS machine for a long time.  One guy who was with Astro commented he's hardly ever seen a player work as hard in TC as Shorter.  Isabella also came out and worked on it for a bit

- Before stretching they did a half speed 2 min drill for all three 1st/2nd/3rd team units where the D was instructed basically to not play defense.  Was half speed (or lower) - but still thought it was odd have never seen that much work prior to stretching

- During the half speed drill Groot and Oliver spent a lot of time dicussing and going over a move with each other

- When stretches started a trainer was off with Josh and working on his arm quite a bit - not sure if this is a routine they do now - Josh was shaking his arm a bit after

- Lot of boring ST drills for first day in pads.  On one session the QBs were running over to the side field with Josh in the lead and he kept looking over his shoulder the whole way to make sure no QB snuck up and ran past him  😛

- OL was doing a drill for a while I've never seen OL do basically a basketball box out drill 

- There was a drill portion where QBs rotate throwing to receivers down the field and a couple times I saw Josh motion that he wanted Sherfield to line up for his rep

- Shorter is very big and noticeable out on the field running routes

- They did a blocking drill where two WRs would line up w/ 2 DBs and when the whistle blew they had to run block the guy in front of them and RB would come up and try to pick hole.  McD was VERY into this drill - was running side-side watching intensely the reps with hands on knees and constantly barking at them

- Notes from 1-1s receivers/DBs

- Isabella toasts Neal - ran right by him - dude is fast

- Elam physical breakup.  In general Elam was really competing hard every rep I saw of him

- Patmom great grab with Benford all over him - plucked the ball out of the air and held on

- Dane blatant hold

- Tre great breakup on Diggs

- Dane grabs Sherfield.  In general seemed like Dane had his hands all over everyone every time I noticed him

- Harty burns Hyde long pass - boy is fast

- Davis quick slant - Poyer had no chance

- Elam blanket Diggs up the sideline - more Elam competing hard

- Shakir almost great catch had to turn midair but couldn't hold on

- Benford very physical rep against Sherfield - Sherfield says flag

- Isabella burns Neal off the line on slant was wide open but throw late and Neal revocers to knock it down

- Diggs comeback on Elam.  Not fair - undefendable

- Majority of defense went to side field and offense spent a long time with rum blocking against 4 man front

- The row I was on the aisle in the stands was likely the most active in the stadium with people constantly coming and going  - c'mon people!  And get off my lawn

- Diggs (once again) fired up the whole practice - whenever he's not in a drill his helmet is off and he's animated and going through something with somone, anyone.  As far as his play at times it just seems too easy for him - he is at another level

- 11-11

- Barkley beautiful rollout throw to Morris

- Bernard extremely vocal at MLB.  Have seen reports from prior days that Spector vocal as well - they might be coaching up all the MLBs to be that way

- Josh perfect long pass to Davis down sideline - like perfect

- Dodson beautiful play completely blew up screen

- Oliver destroys a play before it could even get started - seemed like almost beat the ball to the backfield

- Josh loses a shotgun snap , started to take off before he really had it - there was a period of light rain so ball likely a little slick - good it is happening now and not later

- Kincaid a couple nice catches seam/middle - pads didn't seem to slow him down at all today.  I can see what people say about him being smooth and seemingly effortless when running and catching

- Except for intial pitch to Cook, the D seemed to shut down any attempt at run game and generally seemed to be the aggressor clogging up everything and being in QBs face.  I saw Tre come on corner blitz once - think D was bringing a lot more kitchen sink than normal this time of year

- Von in clothes standing next to Groot in pads makes him seem normal-sized

- Had seen reports of Davis slimming down - if so, his legs def didn't - they are huge.  Dude def didn't forget leg day this offseason

- Goal line

- First play Diggs - slant - TD.  Too easy

- When the philly special was unfolding I saw Josh go to EZ and thought OMG Josh is going to the EZ, then Knox hesitated before he threw then I thought OMG he still threw it - then when Johnson ran him over at first I didn't know who the defender was and my first thought was OMG if that is a scrub he's cut.  The worst part wasn't the initial hit but also that he landed full body weight on him.  Josh didn't get up right away - first he rolled onto his back.  OMG - those 3 seconds from the time he was on his back to popping up were very long ones

- Finished out w/ Barkley short pass to Harris that got stopped short of goal line then shovel pass to Morris for TD

- There was some little dude on the sideline - not sure if it was a players kid - if not had to be the one of the kid's greatest days ever - Diggs was yelling at him from the field then at one point (from midfield) started to run to the sideline to chase him, Tre spent a long time talking and clowning with him, Von threw some passes with him.  I wish I was that kid

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 18

17 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Speedy WR on a safety in a vanilla scheme…nuff said…

If that was the only instance...sure. But almost daily there have been long plays on Hyde. Watch the videos from every day. More long plays than not Hyde is trailing.

Again, I'm sure it's just a case of him getting back in the swing of things but coming off serious injury with being up there in age it bears keeping an eye on.

Fans are so defensive. It's like if you want to say ANYTHING slightly different about how a guy has looked you have to write a 3 page essay and get a notarized copy about how much you love the guy and how he's been such a great asset. It's an observation from footage and notes of 5 practice days. The real task will come when games start. Obviously. But with the speed the Bills face if he's having trouble keeping up with Harty it is something to watch over the next few weeks IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

"Red means STOP!"

Well normally lol. I wonder If that scare was just enough for McD to say to himself... "Thats enough of this crap... Wrap it up guys" And then outloud say BUT NOT THE QB. lol.

You pulled that at the college level? You doing laps, pushups or both lol

18 minutes ago, stevewin said:

- The first thing I thought when I sat down with my Dad today was how excited he was last year to see the rookie punter punt! (seems like 20 yrs ago)

- Went up to the top of the stands to see the players walk out of the buildings and said hi to Astro who was in his usual place there

- Shorter was out early worked on the JUGS machine for a long time.  One guy who was with Astro commented he's hardly ever seen a player work as hard in TC as Shorter.  Isabella also came out and worked on it for a bit

- Before stretching they did a half speed 2 min drill for all three 1st/2nd/3rd team units where the D was instructed basically to not play defense.  Was half speed (or lower) - but still thought it was odd have never seen that much work prior to stretching

- During the half speed drill Groot and Oliver spent a lot of time dicussing and going over a move with each other

- When stretches started a trainer was off with Josh and working on his arm quite a bit - not sure if this is a routine they do now - Josh was shaking his arm a bit after

- Lot of boring ST drills for first day in pads.  On one session the QBs were running over to the side field with Josh in the lead and he kept looking over his shoulder the whole way to make sure no QB snuck up and ran past him  😛

- OL was doing a drill for a while I've never seen OL do basically a basketball box out drill 

- There was a drill portion where QBs rotate throwing to receivers down the field and a couple times I saw Josh motion that he wanted Sherfield to line up for his rep

- They did a blocking drill where two WRs would line up w/ 2 DBs and when the whistle blew they had to run block the guy in front of them and RB would come up and try to pick hole.  McD was VERY into this drill - was running side-side watching intensely the reps with hands on knees and constantly barking at them

- Elam physical breakup.  In general Elam was really competing hard every rep I saw of him

- Patmom great grab with Benford all over him - plucked the ball out of the air and held on

- Dane blatant hold

- Dane grabs Sherfield.  In general seemed like Dane had his hands all over everyone every time I noticed him

- Isabella burns Neal off the line on slant was wide open but throw late and Neal revocers to knock it down

- Majority of defense went to side field and offense spent a long time with rum blocking against 4 man front

- The row I was on the aisle in the stands was likely the most active in the stadium with people constantly coming and going  - c'mon people!  And get off my lawn

- Diggs (once again) fired up the whole practice - whenever he's not in a drill his helmet is off and he's animated and going through something with somone, anyone.  As far as his play at times it just seems too easy for him - he is at another level

- 11-11

- Bernard extremely vocal at MLB.  Have seen reports from prior days that Spector vocal as well - they might be coaching up all the MLBs to be that way

- Oliver destroys a play before it could even get started - seemed like almost beat the ball to the backfield

- Josh loses a shotgun snap , started to take off before he really had it - there was a period of light rain so ball likely a little slick - good it is happening now and not later

- Kincaid a couple nice catches seam/middle - pads didn't seem to slow him down at all today.  I can see what people say about him being smooth and seemingly effortless when running and catching

- Except for intial pitch to Cook, the D seemed to shut down any attempt at run game and generally seemed to be the aggressor clogging up everything and being in QBs face.  I saw Tre come on corner blitz once - think D was bringing a lot more kitchen sink than normal this time of year

- Had seen reports of Davis slimming down - if so, his legs def didn't - they are huge.  Dude def didn't forget leg day this offseason

- Goal line

- When the philly special was unfolding I saw Josh go to EZ and thought OMG Josh is going to the EZ, then Knox hesitated before he threw then I thought OMG he still threw it - then when Johnson ran him over at first I didn't know who the defender was and my first thought was OMG if that is a scrub he's cut.  The worst part wasn't the initial hit but also that he landed full body weight on him.  Josh didn't get up right away - first he rolled onto his back.  OMG - those 3 seconds from the time he was on his back to popping up were very long ones

- Finished out w/ Barkley short pass to Harris that got stopped short of goal line then shovel pass to Morris for TD

- There was some little dude on the sideline - not sure if it was a players kid - if not had to be the one of the kid's greatest days ever - Diggs was yelling at him from the field then at one point (from midfield) started to run to the sideline to chase him, Tre spent a long time talking and clowning with him, Von threw some passes with him.  I wish I was that kid

This is awesome.  Thank you for writing this.

Landing on him full body weight is indefensible and it sounds as though the take of "accidental contact" is also BS from your view.

Matt Parrino's article on today's practice:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/07/scary-moment-with-josh-allen-on-day-5-of-bills-camp-highlights-1st-day-in-pads-observations.html

For a few minutes in the final team period of Buffalo Bills training camp practice on Monday afternoon, the fans in attendance looked panicked.

The Bills ran a trick play that resulted in quarterback Josh Allen attempting to catch a pass in the end zone. Cornerback Taron Johnson tried to defend the pass and smashed into Allen, landing awkwardly on Buffalo’s franchise quarterback.

Allen took a few moments before he returned to his feet. When he did it appeared as if he had a slight limp. He walked back to where the offense was standing around the 30 yard-line before the Bills ended practice minutes later. Allen walked off the field and said that he was all right after passing a few members of the media. He went on to sign autographs for a few minutes, walked back toward the locker room, and even did a CBS interview.

Tre’ Davious White looks like the old Tre - Gabe Davis shines

White started off practice with a 1-on-1 against Diggs and clamped him up. This rep might have been what ignited Diggs on the day. White took that exchange and built on it in team work when he faced Gabe Davis on multiple occasions. On one play, Allen rifled in a beautiful call to Davis, but White worked his way into the play to rip the ball out for a pass breakup. A few plays later, Allen came back to Davis with a simply perfect pass just over White’s head. White has been battling every single day and looked the part of All Pro cornerback on Monday. It’s also been impossible to miss the smile that’s been on his face all summer.

Seems like a couple of people have commented favorably on Gouraige

UDFA tackle to watch

Richard Gouraige was outstanding in 2-on-2s during an early portion of practice. On one rep against second-year pass rusher Kingsley Jonathan, Gourage showed off some impressive get-off, shutting down Jonathan and running him out of the play. The Bills have some veteran tackles in Brandon Shell and David Quessenberry, but an upstart like Gouraige could push for a roster spot with a strong preseason. He’s a name to watch as Tommy Doyle continues to try and work back from a knee injury last season.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If that was the only instance...sure. But almost daily there have been long plays on Hyde. Watch the videos from every day. More long plays than not Hyde is trailing.

Again, I'm sure it's just a case of him getting back in the swing of things but coming off serious injury with being up there in age it bears keeping an eye on.

Fans are so defensive. It's like if you want to say ANYTHING slightly different about how a guy has looked you have to write a 3 page essay and get a notarized copy about how much you love the guy and how he's been such a great asset. It's an observation from footage and notes of 5 practice days. The real task will come when games start. Obviously. But with the speed the Bills face if he's having trouble keeping up with Harty it is something to watch over the next few weeks IMO.

Not defensive at all…just saying I think he will be just fine covering TE’s, over the top help and run support in a schemed defense. If he has lost a step, then we will definitely see it when the bullets start flying- go Bills.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I haven't seen every video, but in some that I've watched, you can definitely see Hyde pulling up.  For example, in the TD to Gabe Davis you can see he gets into position to make the tackle, then he puts on the brakes and lets Gabe run by him

But we'll see when it's "for real".

Hyde in his youngest days was never going to keep up with Hardy or a speedster like Hill or even for that matter Isaiah McKenzie, who perennially let him know about it, too.

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is awesome.  Thank you for writing this.

Landing on him full body weight is indefensible and it sounds as though the take of "accidental contact" is also BS from your view.

I think it was fully accidental from the point of view in the moment he was in instinctive pass defense mode and red jersey wouldn't normally be roaming around as a receiver during live drill. No way do I think he makes the hit if he fully processed "oh that's Josh"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

- Dane blatant hold

- 11-11

- Goal line

Great summary thanks. One thing that came through -lol- is your love for Dane Jackson.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Our guy Terrel:

The MLB competition:

Beane said the other day that Benard felt overwhelmed and they're going to take it slow with Williams.  Definitely looking forward to Bernard playing more loose

- Dane blatant hold

- 11-11

- Goal line

Haven't seen it mentioned yet. The kid was Damar's little brother.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Realist said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet. The kid was Damar's little brother.

Awesome - that explains a lot thx

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Great summary thanks. One thing that came through -lol- is your love for Dane Jackson.

No strong feeling either way for Dane honestly - just know that today he was Handsy McHandsFace

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

True, but you need a decent batting average on early round picks.  I have been a staunch defender of Bills’ drafts, but there have been a lot of early round disappointments.  Hopefully, Elam isn’t one of them.

I don't disagree with that, and I certainly want to hit on every early pick as much as anyone.  But sometimes people tend focus on a specific early miss too much while overlooking some of the better value they found overall through a draft that actually made the roster better.  So for me, I think the draft needs to be looked at more as a whole, not which specific picks hit or miss.  Did the roster improve via the draft or not is the bigger questions, and by how much, which is the point of the draft. 

But going back to my actual comment, I was more referencing that draft slot won't matter in the CB battle, just need one of the 3 to earn the job and prove to be a good player opposite Tre.  I certainly hope its Elam like most, he definitely has the higher upside.  And I was just saying I am not too concerned about who gets what snaps today, there is a lot of football left and guys will have to win their battles and earn their spot.  Elam has a lot of time still to do that, and given he was a first round pick for a reason, you know the staff would like to see him step up too and will given him an opportunity to compete.  But ultimately its on Elam cuz Benford and Dane are no slouches themselves and will give him stiff competition.  

- Dane blatant hold

- 11-11

- Goal line

Great read. You got my Bills blood pumping with excitement. Let's go Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

How are they using Andy Isabella? Anyone hear anything about him yet? 

Returns and slot work. Roasted Siran Neal in a vertical route, which is to be somewhat expected. The other note that caught my eye was that it was again pointed out that he's getting separation but the balls aren't arriving on time and thus backs recover and make plays. It was originally brought up in an interesting cardinals blog type article posted in the Isabella thread. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sal Capaccio

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/allen-goes-down-briefly-as-bills-put-pads-on-for-first-time

His take on the Allen hit:

While some drills are more physical than others, players will still not be taking each other to the ground for an actual tackle. It's what coaches call "up-thud," just getting to the ball carrier and making impact on the upper body while wrapping up, but not dropping him.

All of that said, no matter what drill or session of practice is going on, the quarterback is never supposed to be touched. That's why they wear red jerseys along with specialists and players dealing with injuries.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case near the very end of practice when Bills quarterback Josh Allen was attempting to catch a pass on a trick play near the sideline in the end zone.

Cornerback Taron Johnson was defending, and as Allen stopped at the sideline, Johnson kept going to the ball and knocked him down. Allen laid on the ground for a brief moment, appeared to point to his stomach as if the wind was knocked out of him, got up and walked slowly over to the rest of the offense. He then took a knee and was smiling and laughing in between offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey and wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

Allen did not take another rep, but they were only one or two more plays.

Also most detailed write up I've seen on Mitch Morse:

Bates for Morse

Since we don't get actual injury updates on a daily basis during training camp, there was no official reason given, but center Mitch Morse took very few team reps after the first 11-on-11 period.

Morse stood on the sideline or with the non-participants of a play behind the offense, with his helmet in hand. He never left the field, which is encouraging.

Ryan Bates took his spot at center with rookie O'Cyrus Torrence playing the majority of first team snaps at right guard. Torrence has seen quite a bit of action with that unit throughout the first five practices.

Edited by Beck Water

38 minutes ago, wppete said:

How are they using Andy Isabella? Anyone hear anything about him yet? 

Slot snaps is all I’ve seen other than on returns.  I don’t think they’ll be putting in anything special for a guy that all pros abou he cut

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.