Training Camp 7/31 9:45 AM - Full pads this week

Lost

6 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

wth? Allen running routes and getting hit hard, that don't seem to smart

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

CALM THE F DOWN WITH THROWING THE BALL TO JOSH & HIM GETTING HIT!  Thank you.:beer:  

Well, people SAID we need a WR2 since Davis ain't it. At his size/speed Josh is a matchup nightmare. They're just doing what the people want and looking for Gabe's replacement. Sheesh.🤣

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GuardianAngel787 said:

I really hope Shane Ray goes and balls out, for no real reason other than I just wanna see him succeed after fading in and out. Bonus for us if he does.

I hope he quietly plays well so we can stash him somehow if he’s needed in an emergency, keeping the 53 mainly filled with younger players. 

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I hope he quietly plays well so we can stash him somehow if he’s needed in an emergency, keeping the 53 mainly filled with younger players. 

if he plays well and we "stash" him, his agent will be out there looking for teams to sign him.

I know it is early yet, but LB is a pretty big concern for me.  I don’t know that there is any good option as a starting LB at the NFL level among Dodson, Bernard , Klein and Spector.

I am also somewhat disappointed that Elam hasn’t yet claimed the top CB spot opposite White.  The competition that he must beat out in Jackson and Benford were both late round draftees for a reason and it doesn’t look good that Elam isn’t clearly a better player than either of them.  Now, I’m not saying that Elam should get the job if he doesn’t win it, but it would be another early round draft miss if he doesn’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The last player I liked for no good reason that we had on the PS (Hodgins) signed elsewhere so purely based on my own bias I hope he makes the roster. 

That said, it would probably be ideal to have him the "break in case of emergency" box especially if any of the other DEs that are fighting for a spot ball out.

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Shane Ray actually being able to pressure the QB would be a huge win for the bills this year

Maybe he is still trying to answer the question from fans "Are you Jimmy Ray?"

"No!"

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know it is early yet, but LB is a pretty big concern for me.  I don’t know that there is any good option as a starting LB at the NFL level among Dodson, Bernard , Klein and Spector.

I am also somewhat disappointed that Elam hasn’t yet claimed the top CB spot opposite White.  The competition that he must beat out in Jackson and Benford were both late round draftees for a reason and it doesn’t look good that Elam isn’t clearly a better player than either of them.  Now, I’m not saying that Elam should get the job if he doesn’t win it, but it would be another early round draft miss if he doesn’t.

I think on other teams, Elam might be further along in his learning curve. We have other viable options here which seems to have led to a more gradual approach with him. 

I'd love to see him get tons of playing time early in the season. Nothing like learning by doing.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yeah you’re definitely taking the negative approach here.

Dodson definitely does nothing for me. I watched Jacoby Brissett juke him in the open field last year. But I’m not really worried about it because it’s a passing league and the Bills will likely use 3 safeties personnel this year to replace Edmunds in the passing game. They might even be better, more unpredictable because of it.

In the run game with improved DT depth I think it’ll help any MLB they throw out there. AJ Klein can get it done vs the run for a year if needed. 

IMO we have 3 starting quality CBs in Jackson, Elam, and Benford. I don’t care where they were drafted. That said Elam has more upside and should get the nod as long as they are pretty equal.

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taron Johnson almost became the 2nd Bills defensive back to have a penis spray painted on his lawn.

Is this a confession?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Lost said:

This might end up being our best draft year since 2018

im a glass half full guy, but a ton of us said the same last year. verdict still out, and im not down on that class per say, but they didnt live up to the expectations of this time last year. fingies crossed

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hopefully it's just that he's still knocking the rust off..but Hyde getting torched in practice is becoming a trend.

Harty is LEGIT 

Been saying this since day 1 man.

He's going to be a better version of John Brown, who had a cpl great years with Josh

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

this post was meant to be a reply to Happy post re Kincaid going to give hell. 

I think this will be great for our red zone efficiency. Interestingly  enough in 2022 we were at 60 percent..(Good for ninth)  The Chiefs who led  were  about 71 percent.

In 2021 we led the league at around 66. I’m hoping we can get back within that range! 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

48 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

big gripe of mine with McD. i dont think u hand the #2 spot to him, but Danes a vet at this point. we invested heavily in a guy with elite traits, get him the freaking reps and develop him!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

big gripe of mine with McD. i dont think u hand the #2 spot to him, but Danes a vet at this point. we invested heavily in a guy with elite traits, get him the freaking reps and develop him!!

Especially since we have evidence of Elam performing in the biggest moments.  

Two playoff games.  He stepped up and played well in both.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is unfortunately becoming a theme. Davis can't hold onto the ball if he's contested at all.

The good news is that unlike last training camp, Davis is experiencing this now.  So hopefully he and his coaches/trainers can work to remedy.

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

have no problem with it other then Taron even touching him, let alone trying to dislodge the ball

Well, OK.  But then when Josh runs or catches for-real and lets go for a drop or fumble, will you be in the crowd complaining about his fumbling tendencies?

If he's gonna play it, he's gotta practice it

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

have no problem with it other then Taron even touching him, let alone trying to dislodge the ball

Doesn’t show a lot of thinking on behalf of the OC, silly azs play call, to much potential to get your Franchise in a word of hurt, such a Billsy thing to do,  glad it ended up being no big deal,  Don’t do it again! 😁 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Well, OK.  But then when Josh runs or catches for-real and lets go for a drop or fumble, will you be in the crowd complaining about his fumbling tendencies?

so defense should be open to hit Allen so he learns to not fumble? lol  what are we even talking about here???

Taron laid a hit on Josh as he was catching the ball.  yes if josh not being hit in practice leads to him dropping a pass during a game, ill be fine with it

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

so defense should be open to hit Allen so he learns to not fumble? lol  what are we even talking about here???

Taron laid a hit on Josh as he was catching the ball.  yes if josh not being hit in practice leads to him dropping a pass during a game, ill be fine with it

I'd be fine with them not practicing it, taking that page out of the playbook, and lighting it on fire.

But if they're gonna practice it, then practice it.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

you don't hit the QB in practice

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.