Wisconsin blog speculating about AJ Dillon and the Bills

I don’t speculate. Dillion got sent to the Bills. This guy is a load, and can catch very well. He was second fiddle to AJones in GB, but now the league will see what he can do for the Bills!

Now.. a jersey #….I’m going with 28 because he definitely is going about the business. 

57 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Basically anyone in the 70s is just... dart at a wall.  What was he last year, do we think hes better? add 1.  do we think hes worse? subtract 1.  

Cook being a 75 while Breece hall is an 82 is so strange to me.  Their numbers are basically the same and the one rated 7 points higher is the one who blew out his knee (He also has a higher injury rating... despite being injured last year).

Hall was the 36th pick in the draft and was a featured RB and looked like an offensive ROY candidate before he got hurt. Cook was drafted 63rd and split carries most of the year.  

7 hours ago, Magox said:

It doesn't make any sense that there continues to be speculation about other RB's possibly joining the Bills.  This is the deepest RB backfield we've had in years.

Cook - Has lots of promise

Harris - Proven quality RB

Latavius Murray - Continues to produce at a good level

Hines - Speedy, really good return guy who has shown the ability to play well

We are set at RB, there isn't a need.

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Murray is Duke Johnson this year. A vet who can be practice squad break glass when fire kind of guy.

Harris is insurance at the short yardage for Cook is not a 3 down back. 

I think Murray is insurance for Harris. Murray has 12 tds last 2 years in limited opportunities.

Harris is a helluva RB, we seen it first hand. 

Would love to see a Cook/Hines backfield in certain formations. Hines is too much of a playmaker to be on the shelf

• Simon changed the title to Wisconsin blog speculating about AJ Dillon and the Bills
22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think Murray is insurance for Harris. Murray has 12 tds last 2 years in limited opportunities.

Harris is a helluva RB, we seen it first hand. 

Would love to see a Cook/Hines backfield in certain formations. Hines is too much of a playmaker to be on the shelf

I keep thinking how many sports cars we have in the garage. How many of these players are finesse perfectionists.

Hines and Cook are not muscle car, the old reliable truck, or the utility wagon. The only one who, perhaps, is beyond a finesse player on the roster is Knox. 

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Harris is the 30th-ranked RB in Madden.  Not very impressive.  Our 'best' back is barely rated a starter.

Yet I think we have a decent overall stable of backs for a passing team.   It would be great, though, if we could one day draft an elite running threat.  

I think cook will be 80-82 next season.  He’s good. Maybe not elite- but he’s much better than 75 imo

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-buffalo-bills-green-bay-packers-aj-dillon/

First, let me say I doubt it, but we’re bored a week before camp.  I was looking for something else and this thing popped up in a search.  He would be an upgrade over Harris as he matches that style more than Cook.

Comment however you guys like, just giving you guys something to look at before camp.

Enjoy the speculation ( that’s all I think it is at this point)

I was begging us to draft AJ Dillon on draft night.  He had all the tools to be a player in the style of a Bettis, Henry, etc in terms of being a bruising runner who also is quick and is a good receiver out of the backfield too.  

Dillon has proven to be a very good back in the NFL playing along side another very good RB in Jones.  He has low miles because of that compared to guys like Henry, and I would take Dillon in a heartbeat.  If we could land Dillion that would be amazing addition IMHO, especially when the weather gets bad.

That being said, this doesn’t seem like it is something that would happen.  So not putting too much stock into this until I hear something more substantial.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was begging us to draft AJ Dillon on draft night.  He had all the tools to be a player in the style of a Bettis, Henry, etc in terms of being a bruising runner who also is quick and is a good receiver out of the backfield too.  

Dillon has proven to be a very good back in the NFL playing along side another very good RB in Jones.  He has low miles because of that compared to guys like Henry, and I would take Dillon in a heartbeat.  If we could land Dillion that would be amazing addition IMHO, especially when the weather gets bad.

That being said, this doesn’t seem like it is something that would happen.  So not putting too much stock into this until I hear something more substantial.  

AJ Dillon is JAG.    He did not look good last season........the power was not there........and he has fallen below league average producing on the ground and in the air when he touches the ball.    Not that JAG isn't good enough to win a SB with........but he's not played up to being a second round pick and should have very little trade value.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

I googled the story source listed in the article - Buffalo TV Beat - and the first article that came up said that the Bills are trying to trade for Aaron Donald. Sheesh, this AI generated content is pure BS.

https://original.newsbreak.com/@buffalo-tv-beat-1599088/3097847709599-potential-trade-of-aaron-donald-to-buffalo-bills-shakes-nfl-dynamics

"The Buffalo Bills are interested in hiring A.J. Dillon."

Hiring?

IMO that was written by an A.I., the original Buffalo TV Beat article.

I wanted the Bills to draft Dillon at the time. Loved him. But not in the 2nd. Don't see it as a realistic possibility for him to come here, though I like the guy a lot.

A huge upgrade over Harris?
The only thing that’s wrong with Damien Harris is he can’t stay healthy whenever he’s healthy he is very very good

10 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Hall was the 36th pick in the draft and was a featured RB and looked like an offensive ROY candidate before he got hurt. Cook was drafted 63rd and split carries most of the year.  

Once they are drafted, it makes no difference, but I think that you’re right that just by default hill showed more than cook. It took a little while for cooki to get going this last year.

This thread is hilarious.

You can tell who watches the rest of the NFL and who just remembers a RB draft crush by their takes on Dillon.   Once he got an expanded role he's been meh ever since and it's not because of injury.........he just isn't very good.  

• Agree 1

Another attempted linking to an RB to the Bills.  I am hoping Beane is laughing somewhere.

IMO, one of the excellent strategies employed by the FO has been the conscious effort to keep the monetary investment in RBs low.  It is ahead of the curve as we now are starting to see the rest of the league start to copy the strategy. 

IMO trading and paying for an RB would be a bad allocation of funds.  I would rather read conjecture on the WR2s - that's where the last remaining money should be going.

I like cook and Harris but I’ll be honest, I’m so sick of this committee approach to rb. I want to have a 3 down rb. Dillion would be a monster next to Allen. And it makes a ton of sense for GB to get valid for him before it completely tanks.

but since it makes sense, it won’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like cook and Harris but I’ll be honest, I’m so sick of this committee approach to rb. I want to have a 3 down rb. Dillion would be a monster next to Allen. And it makes a ton of sense for GB to get valid for him before it completely tanks.

but since it makes sense, it won’t happen. 

Do you really have to include the snarky "but since it makes sense, it won't happen"?  Like the FO does illogical things all the time.  

Lets face the reality, it's a "you" problem.  You want a 3 down back.  Getting Dillon would require giving up draft capital and paying him.  This is not the FO's strategy.   Their strategy is solid and ahead of the curve.

The FO has it right, you come off looking like a spoiled fantasy football nut.

22 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Harris is the 30th-ranked RB in Madden.  Not very impressive.  Our 'best' back is barely rated a starter.

Yet I think we have a decent overall stable of backs for a passing team.   It would be great, though, if we could one day draft an elite running threat.  

I agree, we have a nice group collectively, but it’s going to take work in figuring out to utilize them. It’s easy when you have a feature back to trust in every situation. We have a adequate group for a passing team, but the challenge is game planning. How do we utilize them in the right situations? I’m not convinced we’ve shown the ability to do so. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Do you really have to include the snarky "but since it makes sense, it won't happen"?  Like the FO does illogical things all the time.  

Lets face the reality, it's a "you" problem.  You want a 3 down back.  Getting Dillon would require giving up draft capital and paying him.  This is not the FO's strategy.   Their strategy is solid and ahead of the curve.

The FO has it right, you come off looking like a spoiled fantasy football nut.

You sensitive baby. It was a general comment about how things when things make too much sense in the nfl, they never happen. Our rbs are fine but Cook has never had a lot of Carries, Harris is one dimensional, and Hines is a gadget guy. Dillion in this team would be a monster and GB could move him since they have Jones. Stop making up outrage. 

also, you are completely wrong about the FO not investing draft capital in rbs. They invest fairly him picks in rbs in back to back year and spend good FA money on Hines/ Harris. So you are 100% wrong.

dillion would probably cost less in a trade than Singletary or Cook and is the much better all around back. 

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, we have a nice group collectively, but it’s going to take work in figuring out to utilize them. It’s easy when you have a feature back to trust in every situation. We have an adequate group for a passing team, but the challenge is game planning. How do we utilize them in the right situations? I’m not convinced we’ve shown the ability to do so. 

I like the players individually but I do think it makes the offense somewhat predictable. The best case is Cook becomes the main guy because he is the most versatile. 

but in a perfect world, after investing high picks on 2 rbs, it would be nice to have a guy and then the change of pace/ backup types.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

This would n't bother me a bit he was one of the backs i wanted Beane to go after the year he was drafted . The Bills have been in need of a bigger back for short yardage plays & goal line .

He was very good in college & has proved him self worth of the NFL the only thing now is having all the additions in the RB room i'm not sure unless Beane were able to trade away one that we have i don't see him bringing him in unless they cut him or some Beane like miraculous deal comes around .

Which i don't think we should ever under estimate the Beanster .

On 7/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, NewEra said:

In other news- 

Madden 24 RB Rating- 

Damian Harris- 79

Latavious Murray- 76

Nyhiem Hines- 75

James Cook- 75

Cook has the same rating a Bummie Basham- who is rated higher than AJ Epenesa and Shaq Lawson. Damian Harris is rated higher than Leonard Floyd. 

It’s one of the reasons that I rent madden from GameFly for 2 weeks each year, then return it and never play again.  I’ll never buy another copy.  Come back 2k!

So you do t buy it because guys that have done something in the league have a higher ranking than guys who didn’t even start in college?  Solid.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

So you do t buy it because guys that have done something in the league have a higher ranking than guys who didn’t even start in college?  Solid.

No, because I expect their evaluators to actually WATCH football. 

he averted 5.7 ypc last year. He has the same rating as nyheim Hines….. who was one of the worst RBs in the league last season.  

Damien Harris did nothing last season. 

latavious Murray hasn’t done anything in years.

just because you don’t think James cook isn’t very good doesn’t mean he isn’t.  Watch his tape last year. Watch his tape in college. He’s good. He has the same rating as a RB who is not good (Hines)

boogie Basham has a higher ranking that AJ and Shaq…,, meanwhile he couldn’t get on the field because those guys are CLEARLY better. 

Any comment on Basham vs epenesa and Shaq?  How about daquan being 1 pt better than boogie?  Rating alike this shouldn’t exist if they knew 1/4 of what they should know.

I hate Madden but still get and play it. Its lack of competition means it doesn’t have to do anything to improve.

That said, Damien Harris had 929 yards and 15 TDs 2 years ago and Latavius Murray had 760 yards and 6 TDs last year.

James Cook should be a couple points higher though based on skill and rookie showing (5.7 ypc) alone.

All our HBs should be in the 77-82 range. 

On 7/21/2023 at 8:04 AM, Magox said:

It doesn't make any sense that there continues to be speculation about other RB's possibly joining the Bills.  This is the deepest RB backfield we've had in years.

I wouldn't TRADE for Dillon but might give him a look if he gets cut.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:51 AM, machine gun kelly said:

https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-buffalo-bills-green-bay-packers-aj-dillon/

First, let me say I doubt it, but we’re bored a week before camp.  I was looking for something else and this thing popped up in a search.  He would be an upgrade over Harris as he matches that style more than Cook.

Comment however you guys like, just giving you guys something to look at before camp.

Enjoy the speculation ( that’s all I think it is at this point)

Actually, this is the link that should be attributed:

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/3095460821392-buffalo-eyes-aj-dillon-as-packers-face-backfield-decisions?noAds=1&_f=app_share&s=i16

On 7/21/2023 at 5:51 AM, That's No Moon said:

People needs to stop calling these things "articles". This is a blog post that sources another blog post that was AI generated. It's as fact based as anything written on this board.

Exactly, thank you.

On 7/21/2023 at 5:35 AM, Lost said:

I hate to knock Beane too much because I do love the guy and nobody knew how the offseason was going to play out but 2 years 13.5 million for Harty doesn't seem so great in retrospect.   The colts signed McKenzie for 1.1 million.   I doubt Harty is going to have the same production that McK did last year here for 6 times the price. Especially when he is going to have to split reps with Shakir and now Kincaid.   I woulda rather saved that 13 million on Harty and made a real stab at a true number 2 in Hopkins.

😅 Off topic much?

On 7/21/2023 at 5:45 AM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

What does this have to do with AJ Dillon?  ^^^^^^

Exactly... thank you.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Weirdly, a long time ago, a friend of mine was attending law school.  He showed me a paper he wrote - the first twenty pages of which were written in crayon.  He received an 'A.'

I knew a guy who didn't go to law school but passed the NYS Bar Exam and practiced as a lawyer in Buffalo. As you can imagine, the "powers that be" quickly closed that loophole. They didn't want that pariah in their club.

On 7/21/2023 at 6:03 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

If the Bills wanted to acquire the most effective power back from last year, they could have simply signed D'Onta Foreman as a free agent.

9 hours ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

"Collectively, the Bills' backs rank 28th according to Madden."

I'm not a fan of the practice of using the Madden ratings to rank players.

10 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

I wouldn't TRADE for Dillon but might give him a look if he gets cut.

Yes, there is a difference between as what Beane says "To always look to upgrade the roster" and then going out of your way to make a trade.   The Running backs room is more than adequate at the moment but if Dillon were to be available after being cut, then you could consider him.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:04 AM, Magox said:

On 7/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Especially when juxtaposed with all the talk of how devalued and unimportant the RB position has become.

We have enough horses already with those 4. Beane should be focusing on pretty much any other part of the roster.

Well never mind. Thanks Nyheim!

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.