We beat the dolphins in MIA last year if we had these air conditioned helmets!

StHustle

That's right. Air conditioned helmets!

LSU has them and will be wearing them in practices and games. Time for pro teams to adopt!!

This was reported a few weeks ago but I didn't seen any discussion on it here. The Instagram link has a couple players reactions.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/06/01/lsu-tigers-air-conditioned-helmets-2023-season

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs7RCjaLTDK/?igshid=MWQ1ZGUxMzBkMA==

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

60832-i2_5000x.jpg?v=1673729799

Now that's hilarious 😂 lol 

14 minutes ago, StHustle said:

That's right. Air conditioned helmets!

LSU has them and will be wearing them in practices and games. Time for pro teams to adopt!!

This was reported a few weeks ago but I didn't seen any discussion on it here. The Instagram link has a couple players reactions.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/06/01/lsu-tigers-air-conditioned-helmets-2023-season

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs7RCjaLTDK/?igshid=MWQ1ZGUxMzBkMA==

Agree with this 

12 minutes ago, teef said:

60832-i2_5000x.jpg?v=1673729799

This dude is so high.  As high as Allen was during this photo shoot.

Allen Diggs.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For LSU players, they could just position a mini-fan at one airhole and let it blow cool air across and out the opposite air hole--- straight shot..

Let me guess...one of your ex-wives graduated from LSU?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For LSU players, they could just position a mini-fan at one airhole and let it blow cool air across and out the opposite air hole--- straight shot..

Tre White and Reid Ferguson said they wanted me to pass something along…🖕🏻

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Now that's hilarious 😂 lol 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen Diggs.jpg

there were a number of pics of the umbrella hat, but that guy just made it work.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Allen Diggs.jpg

Let me guess...one of your ex-wives graduated from LSU?

That is a mistake I would not have committed , lol.

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Tre White and Reid Ferguson said they wanted me to pass something along…🖕🏻

Their Sports Admin degrees?

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I get the concept but does that actually work on reducing your overall body temp and not just make your head feel cool/cold?

Physiologically speaking, there’s a fair bit of heat exchange that takes place through the circulation in the scalp, so it should help. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am all in favor if Miami screwing the away team the way they do...it's smart.

BUT, opponents should be allowed to fire back, i.e., bring their own lightweight, fold up, awning system or what have you, just to get out of the sun.

I know there are concerns about interrupting sight lines from the stands, but there has to be a way to do something better than what is currently done.

Edited by Nextmanup

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

BUT, opponents should be allowed to fire back, i.e., bring their own lightweight, fold up, awning system or what have you, just to get out of the sun.

I know there are concerns about interrupting sight lines from the stands, but there has to be a way to do something better than what is currently done.

Well, the Bills could just build a tunnel that funnels and speeds up Lake Erie’s December wind right across the visitors sideline. 🤷‍♂️

Seriously though, they should just schedule those September dolphins games for 4pm or later, or make it so every team can use misters. 

Doesn't Miami play a couple of home games in September?  What do/have other teams do/done?

We beat the Fish 35-0 on 9/19/21 in 88 degree weather.  9/25/22 we lost to them 21-19 in 91 degree weather.

3 degrees?

The weather is an excuse.  Just win baby.

Edited by reddogblitz

If Isaiah McKenzie hadn’t tried juking for a couple more yards for 5-7 seconds on the last play and instead went out of bounds, we would’ve been able to kick a FG. Instead we juuust ran out of time trying to clock the ball. 

I think it was that display of situational un-awareness on Dirty’s part that caused Dorsey to lose his sh— in the booth and smash things. He was pissed McKenzie didn’t just go OOB. Credit the close-mouthed / win as a team, lose as a team culture that this wasn’t mentioned in the pressers / media. But #6 definitely cost us that game.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, UConn James said:

If Isaiah McKenzie hadn’t tried juking for a couple more yards for 5-7 seconds on the last play and instead went out of bounds, we would’ve been able to kick a FG. Instead we juuust ran out of time trying to clock the ball. 

I think it was that display of situational un-awareness on Dirty’s part that caused Dorsey to lose his sh— in the booth and smash things. Credit the close-mouthed / win as a team, lose as a team culture that this wasn’t mentioned in the media. But 6 definitely cost us that game.

Agree.

There were many things that day, but that play, in particular, was the most frustrating--at that point, there was no room for error, but we still found a way to make it. But really, that was the entire game.

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Doesn't Miami play a couple of home games in September?  What do/have other teams do/done?

We beat the Fish 35-0 on 9/19/21 in 88 degree weather.  9/25/22 we lost to them 21-19 in 91 degree weather.

3 degrees?

The heat was a factor in combination with the short week. Take away either and they win. 

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

I think it was that display of situational un-awareness on Dirty’s part that caused Dorsey to lose his sh— in the booth and smash things. Credit the close-mouthed / win as a team, lose as a team culture that this wasn’t mentioned in the media. But 6 definitely cost us that game.

McKenzie struggled....Milano drops an easy pic6....NFL rules state Tua shouldn't even have played the 2nd half....the heat index of over 100 plus no shade was the final straw.  And yes it will take a heat stroke death before Goodell gets off his ass.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McKenzie struggled....Milano drops an easy pic6....NFL rules state Tua shouldn't even have played the 2nd half....the heat index of over 100 plus no shade was the final straw.  And yes it will take a heat stroke death before Goodell gets off his ass.

And that terrible throw by Allen on the TD.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

3 degrees?

Well Groot, who played college ball in Miami, said it was one of the 2 or 3 hottest games he’s ever played in.

But the Bills we’re entering that game on a short week and with a good amount of injuries. Then the amount of players who got injured or hurt during the game was unreal. We ended up with practice squad players on the line trying to protect Josh and a ragtag group in the secondary. 

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just let them have fans on the sidelines?  its 90 degrees, humid, and the sun is on them.  Player safety is important, and players have literally died from heat stroke.   

In the winter, if there are no heaters, you still get jackets (probably electric heated ones), hand warmers, body warmers, etc. 

59 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Now, I will blame in on McKenzie now that he is gone.

Or blame it on Ken Dorsey, especially after his filmed meltdown, a BBMB favorite whipping boy currently.

Dawkins and Singletary whiffed on a blitz pickup... ball ended up on the like 7 yardline.  Miami scored.

14 seconds to half at miamis 41 and we couldn't get a FG attempt. 1st and goal from the 2, we didn't score.  Singletary to the 1, allen for no gain, pass, pass.  

Mckenzie honestly had a nice game in that one.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Dawkins and Singletary whiffed on a blitz pickup... ball ended up on the like 7 yardline.  Miami scored.

14 seconds to half at miamis 41 and we couldn't get a FG attempt. 1st and goal from the 2, we didn't score.  Singletary to the 1, allen for no gain, pass, pass.  

Mckenzie honestly had a nice game in that one.  

He did but not going to rehash the entire game, just thinking how it ended.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.