Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But when the going got tough and we needed him the most, the coaches and Josh flat out ignored him. In more than one game. And instead to take low percentage deep shots to a struggling and unreliable Davis.

Just sayin.

I don't disagree with you.

It's quite logical to assume that some of the reasons for his being upset stem from those instances.

Nevertheless, I stand by my opinion that he's going about things the wrong way.

Come to town. Sit with the coaches and the QB. Voice your concerns. Suggest improvements. Work with the staff and the other players to make things better going forward. Don't just sit home and pout. That accomplishes nothing.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Remember when all the homers told us that Diggs social media stuff was all just him playing around and we shouldn’t look into it?

Remember when they told all of the realists that we were being crazy?

Ahem.

Dont flatter yourself (although I'm sure that is lost on anyone who calls themselves Einstein)

An Optimist says over and over that everything is great. A Pessimist says it's a big problem. A true realist simply adjusts their sails and keeps moving ahead.

You may have had the homer part right, but that's not a realist take.

Now, I lean a bit to the optimist side in saying that this will likely all be fine by the end of the week. You can have your pessimist rant about how bad this is.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

There have been some clues that Diggs is unhappy, but does anyone have a clue why?  I can't figure out why Diggs won't be more specific about what he thinks is wrong and what he intends to do going forward.  It seems to me that he's acting pretty immature.

For all we know, Bills' management and coaches know the specifics.

It would probably be a lot more damaging and immature for Diggs to publicly air the specifics.  If he posted "Dorsey needs to be coaching a high school team" on social media, it would create a media storm as well as be humiliating for a lot of people.  

As a fan, it is frustrating to not know, and for it not to be fixed.  Diggs is such a major piece of this offense and team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well said.  I’ve been a defender of Diggs.  He is who he is. We knew this.  But if this goes on for more than just today, I could see this being a problem.  It’s just disrespectful.  

It already is a problem. Not that it certainly happens again in the season. But Diggs has essentially pulled the pin from the grenade, and put the team on notice that he'll toss it when he see's fit. The entire season will be on eggshells. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mango said:

It already is a problem. Not that it certainly happens again in the season. But Diggs has essentially pulled the pin from the grenade, and put the team on notice that he'll toss it when he see's fit. The entire season will be on eggshells. 

oh my god you guys are being so overly dramatic. I love ya, but take a breath.

• Thank you (+1) 2

It's discerning he didn't show but the sky is not falling in my opinion.  As seems like the media is building something that may or may not be there. Until we get Diggs' side of things or if this continues for an extreme long time than I'm really not overly worried. 

Edited by The Jokeman

39 minutes ago, jletha said:

I cant possibly understand what in the world Diggs could be protesting. He signed a new deal last year, hes on a top 3 offense with a top 3 QB.

Whats the angle here? He wants to be traded...to where? He wants more money...based on what?

Cut bait and sign Hopkins if this gets any uglier.

We can’t cut bait w/o a trading partner and I still think it kills us with cap. I don’t get this one. Maybe a protest against Dorsey/Allen and letting WR coach go.  Seems really stupid and immature. 

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Maybe he is claiming an ailment so he doesn't have to participate, team doctors disagree, he sat out, and hence the inexcused absence of today?  

Just a guess

We don't know it's not excused, we just know he's not there today and McDermott is concerned that's all McDermott has said.

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My source tells me Diggs is in Buffalo, just not at camp. My source assumes Diggs is trying to send some kind of message but he isn't sure what message or why.

The only message I can figure is, "you fans that ripped me at the end of last season, I'll show you"  And realistically his absence probably pi**s off people on this website more than on the actual team.  So he's accomplished his goal!

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This does seem very odd, McDermott immediately cut things off at this, think we all might be jumping to conclusions.

One would think that if everything was on the up and up McD would have said something to the effect of:

"Yea, Stef won't be out there today. But he's been in the building going through the med process. We will be taking it day by day."

Not cut off the questioning and label it "very concerned".  That right there points to there possibly being much more beneath the surface going on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nbbillsfan said:

I posted here multiple times stating I have personal knowledge of the Diggs/Josh/Team feud and was ridiculed by some who did not want to believe how serious it was. Welp, hate to say I told you so. 

So what, you want a cookie or something?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.