The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I must be living in an alternate universe because diggs looks fired up to me literally all the time lolĀ 

The alternative universe of agenda pushing. People believe one thing and set out to find out everything that confirms it. If anything, Diggs seem as fiery as ever of late. Was it nagging small injuries, personal life stuff, issues with Josh or Joe Brady? Who knows. Just win, baby.

Low energy thread,Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

The alternative universe of agenda pushing. People believe one thing and set out to find out everything that confirms it. If anything, Diggs seem as fiery as ever of late. Was it nagging small injuries, personal life stuff, issues with Josh or Joe Brady? Who knows. Just win, baby.

There's speculation he suffered a core injury against Jacksonville and has been compensating for it ever since. He does appear to be protecting it and his numbers have declined since that game.

Ā 

As has been mentioned throughout this thread, Diggs has been the same teammate (to the extent to which we can tell) as ever, constantly pumping up and supporting the other players, including Josh.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Last game showed me that Diggs is still Diggs, at least physically.Ā  What we're not seeing is the energetic jubilant version that we saw in previous years.Ā  Diggs and Josh have a very businesslike relationship right now, and I'm not seeing the same love they had for each other in the past.Ā  Unfortunately, it looks like this has run its course.Ā 

That being said, I appreciate Diggs handling it as professionally as he has been, but once he's gone, I'm sure we'll get a little insight as to what happened.Ā  Unless of course we win it all, as winning cures all.Ā 

For now, and for the good of the team, somebody needs to tell these 2 to just hug it out.Ā Ā 

what?

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ā 

Four more threads about whatā€™s up with Diggs?Ā 

Ā 

LOL Noooooo

Ā 

After the dolphins game Allen and Diggs got together and they were screaming eachother FOUR MORE! FOUR MORE!!!

Ā 

Makes me think they are more than OK...Ā 

53 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

As is often the case, this season in particular, there will likely be some revelations once the season ends.Ā  Large, small, relevant, not relevant, remains to be seen.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Of course. And no matter how many silly tweets are posted, these anecdotes don't prove anything one way or another. They seem to be on the same page in terms of football being the priority and nothing else matters for now.

30 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Ā 

Of course. And no matter how many silly tweets are posted, these anecdotes don't prove anything one way or another. They seem to be on the same page in terms of football being the priority and nothing else matters for now.

Ā 

All teams are.Ā  Players are highly-paid professionals.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.Ā  :DĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If I'm not mistaken, Diggs actually said in his presser yesterday that their relationship is less personal now.

interesting he would actually say it, but my guess is that they probably just don't have as much in common with each other as they do with some of the other guys on the team.Ā 

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Last game showed me that Diggs is still Diggs, at least physically.Ā  What we're not seeing is the energetic jubilant version that we saw in previous years.Ā  Diggs and Josh have a very businesslike relationship right now, and I'm not seeing the same love they had for each other in the past.Ā  Unfortunately, it looks like this has run its course.Ā 

That being said, I appreciate Diggs handling it as professionally as he has been, but once he's gone, I'm sure we'll get a little insight as to what happened.Ā  Unless of course we win it all, as winning cures all.Ā 

For now, and for the good of the team, somebody needs to tell these 2 to just hug it out.Ā Ā 

Honest question - you're making all these claims, where are you seeing this?Ā  They make it a point pretty much every game to show them hugging at the end of a game, showing their handshake, talking during the game, Stef pumping up Josh each game.Ā  I'm just wondering what you're seeing that shows they are declining

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

interesting he would actually say it, but my guess is that they probably just don't have as much in common with each other as they do with some of the other guys on the team.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If I'm not mistaken, Diggs actually said in his presser yesterday that their relationship is less personal now.

Ā 

He said the relationship has evolved after 4 years and that everybody is happy when things are successful, but you get closer when things aren't going right. It's not so much personal at this point, but let's get to it and do everything we can to win. You grow as a family not just through the good times, but the hard times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

We've completely wasted Diggs' prime. He has every right to be sour about his situation at this point.Ā 

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Diggs' numbers have been among the best in the league and the Bills have been in heavy contention every year. Yes, they haven't won the Super Bowl yet, but I don't see how "completely wasted" makes any sense at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Diggs' numbers have been among the best in the league and the Bills have been in heavy contention every year. Yes, they haven't won the Super Bowl yet, but I don't see how "completely wasted" makes any sense at all.

I don't wanna continue to be a loser franchise that celebrates playoff appearances.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

I don't wanna continue to be a loser franchise that celebrates playoff appearances.

The guy was never even a pro bowler before he came to Buffalo, now heā€™s widely considered a top 5 WR in the leagueā€¦how exactly did they waste his prime? Not winning a Super Bowl and wasting someoneā€™s prime are completely different thingsĀ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

The guy was never even a pro bowler before he came to Buffalo, now heā€™s widely considered a top 5 WR in the leagueā€¦how exactly did they waste his prime? Not winning a Super Bowl and wasting someoneā€™s prime are completely different thingsĀ 

You're making my point. We had prime Diggs and a top tier defense and have nothing to show for it thus far. That's pathetic.

9 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh goodness! He didnā€™t make the popularity contest? He was a 2 time 1,000 yard receiver before he got here.Ā 

23 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

You're making my point. We had prime Diggs and a top tier defense and have nothing to show for it thus far. That's pathetic.

You say "prime Diggs" as if he's Randy Moss or something. He's a very good, top 10 WR in the league, playing with the best QB in the league. But he's not a prototype, physical freak #1. He's Stevie Johnson on steroids, which is an awesome player, but far from guaranteeing Super Bowls like you're making it sound.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Diggs is a prima Donna but thankfully 90% of it shows during the off season. I would honestly be shocked if he pulled the AJ Brown crap during the season. Diggs wants to win and believes in his heart that he is the guy to get us there, so I want him around. His emotional cost is well worth his production IMO

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

Ā 

31 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

I have a feeling that this is will turn out to be the prime of your TBD career. Ā And youā€™ll likely waste it
Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

20 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

would you say the bengals were fantastic for prime ocho?Ā 
Ā 

Completely wasted may be dramatic phrasing but also as a guy that left Minnesota to try to get a ringā€¦. Heā€™s still on a team that hasnā€™t been at the top.Ā 
Ā 

heā€™s not looking for a top ten season from his team. Itā€™s a window where the expectation is to play a game or two in FebruaryĀ 

been watching Diggs very closely all season mainly due to all the noise from last offseason.Ā  Ā ive seen nothing that points to Diggs and Josh having a problem.Ā  Ā what i do see however is a player who may have an injury thats affecting him,Ā  allows him to play,Ā  but in pain.Ā  hes still a captain, and hes still acting like one everytime the camera pans to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

We've completely wasted created Diggs' prime. He has every right to be happy about his situation at this point.Ā 

Ā 

Diggs 5 years in Minn 63 games started, 365 receptions, 4623 yds

Diggs 4 years in B'lo 65 games started, 445 receptions, 5372 yds.

Ā 

FIFY

23 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Ā 

FTFY

Ā 

Brudda from another mudda?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

would you say the bengals were fantastic for prime ocho?Ā 
Ā 

Completely wasted may be dramatic phrasing but also as a guy that left Minnesota to try to get a ringā€¦. Heā€™s still on a team that hasnā€™t been at the top.Ā 
Ā 

heā€™s not looking for a top ten season from his team. Itā€™s a window where the expectation is to play a game or two in FebruaryĀ 

Ā 

All competitors want that but I just think "wasted" is melodramatic as you point out.Ā  It's kind of depressing if you think of every NFL career that ends without a SB ring (and in this case, he's got multiple good years left) as wasted, because that would describe a pretty large majority of careers, even amongst the subset of players who were at one point top 5 at their positions.Ā Ā 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Yes he was. Ā But his best season in Minnesota was worse than his worst season here. Ā The notion that weā€™ve wasted his prime is insane.

Ā 

Just to point out a couple things too.

Ā 

Odell Beckham Jr was traded from the NYG to Cleveland, after he returned from injury in 2018 to a continued decrease in R/G and Y/G from his first couple years.Ā  Sounded great - Cleveland had the #1 draft pick of 2018 in Baker Mayfield and he was widely lauded as looking promising his rookie year.Ā  Instead Beckham had a new career low in R/G and Y/G dropping from 88 to 65, then the wheels fell off in 2020 with an ACL injury and a 2021 social media furor that led to his release.

Ā 

He had a stroke of luck in being picked up by the Rams just in time for a SB victory, but the point is - demanding and receiving a trade from NYG to CLE did not work out in his career favor overall.

Ā 

Davonte Adams went from an MVP Rodgers season in GB which had him as one of the top 2-3 WR in the league, a Star - to Las Vegas where he is still a top WR in the league, but like one of a dozen or so and now with questions on the team at coach and at QB.

Ā 

The point is, a trade doesn't necessarily work out in a player's favor, and can work out a lot worse than being the favorite target of one of the league's top QB on a regularly contending team, even if the exit is earlier than we think.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

I was beat up for this post and ended up regretting it.

Ā 

Yet things are now coming out.Ā  For example, Tim Graham's story about the end of the Jets game.Ā  Josh is sitting in the locker room feeling dejected.Ā  Dion Dawkins, being the awesome dude that he is, tells Josh, "17 for life.Ā  I mean that."Ā  Seveal other players come by to console Josh.Ā  But Diggs says something that Graham can't hear but apparently it's not something positive.Ā  Allen lashed out, "It's one f***ing game!"Ā Ā 

Ā 

Kyle Brandt, who may or may not have inside information, recently said Diggs's relationships with the Bills and Allen were "mercurial at best."

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 7