Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Woody and Chris Johnson = Beavis and Butthead.

It is extremely poor management to give up a high pick for a 39 year old QB who is a head case.  Throw in Joe Douglas for picking Wilson and after 2 seasons realizing he drafted a bust. 

If the Jets are convinced they blew it on Wilson, a better option would be to package the picks GB wants with something else and move up in the draft & get another QB.  Or they could have signed Carr, Garoppolo or a stopgap for free.  The main problem with the draft would be that the same GM who picked Wilson would be drafting his replacement. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Throw in Mark Davis and got the 3 stooges. 

The 3rd stooge is Joe Douglas

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So the Jets part with their 1st this year (13th?) and a conditional pick for Rodgers. Yet it might be wiser of them to make the 1st in 2014 as one would think with Rodgers they should pick lower than 13 next season, then the Jets not the best run franchise. 

No way that GB would wait a year to get their 1st round pick.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So the Jets part with their 1st this year (13th?) and a conditional pick for Rodgers. Yet it might be wiser of them to make the 1st in 2014 as one would think with Rodgers they should pick lower than 13 next season, then the Jets not the best run franchise. 

Sure but why would the Packers be ok with getting the Jets pick next year instead of the current one? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense from their perspective, unless they want to have enough ammo in 2024 to take another shot at a qb should Love flop.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I would think that would change post a Rodgers to Jets trade… which is what I was replying to. 

I doubt it. Those lines likely already account for the Jets making a move at QB, I mean they finished dfl last season and have second best odds rn

Rodgers to Jets isn't going to move it that much

35 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It is extremely poor management to give up a high pick for a 39 year old QB who is a head case.

What ever do you mean? AR seems to be very intelligent, and when people laughed at him for some things he said over the past 2 1/2 years, he's getting the last laugh now, as he was 100% correct.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I doubt it. Those lines likely already account for the Jets making a move at QB, I mean they finished dfl last season and have second best odds rn

Rodgers to Jets aren't going to move it that much

The lines are where the money goes, not necessarily what anyone thinks is actually going to happen. If Rodgers signs with the Jets a bunch of money will come in for the Jets and the odds will change.

Edited by uticaclub

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Man the Rams went from a Super Bowl winner to doormat extremely quickly 

Injuries to your best players like Stafford, Kupp, trading away Robert Woods/losing OBJ for an over paid Allen Robinson. Losing Von Miller in free agency. All of these can lead to losing.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The lines are where the money goes, not necessarily what anyone thinks is actually going to happen. If Rodgers signs with the Jets a bunch of money will come in for the Jets and the odds will change.

People usually tend to put money on what they think is going to happen

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Yea, I'm not overly concerned with Rodgers to the Jets.  I think they're a Super Bowl contender for a year or two with him, but I also think it forces us to really up our game with a threat like that in Division. 

My frustration would definitely come with the fact it seems Green Bay just wants him gone.. and in doing so, likely won't demand significant draft compensation. 

well measured take. exactly where im at and most fans should be, imo

On 3/9/2023 at 12:17 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

Man the Rams went from a Super Bowl winner to doormat extremely quickly 

They went all out committing resources for the short-term. And it worked. They’ve earned a couple years to now regroup.

It’s an interesting juxtaposition in philosophy as compared to, say, the Patriots and Chiefs.

Edited by Airseven

On 3/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Gregg said:

LOL Keyshawn Johnson.

He’s not wrong about the Jets becoming the AFCE favorite. 

I wouldn’t trade Allen for Rodgers, obviously, but this would certainly close and latch the Bills 3-year window. It’s probably best for the Bills to take a year to rebuild anyway.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rodgers is like, "Nope, I think I'll stay here."?

sitting-on-couch-al-bundy.gif

Could still happen for sure!  Looks like odds are him being a Jet.  Another hurddle for the Bills this year.  Going to be a tough year

Am I the only one who thinks that the most likely way the Jets screw up their franchise is by getting Rodgers?  I mean, a quarterback with a great career at a single franchise becomes a malcontent at that franchise until they decide they want to be rid of him.  Quarterback gets traded to a team where Hacket is his coach.  What could possibly go wrong?  It IS possible that Rodgers had an injury last year and, when healed, he will return to form.  That is possible.  However, there are many who seem that he will revert to MVP form because he has been reunited with Hacket.  There is nothing in Hacket's career that makes me think he is an offensive genius who will resuscitate a career.  The Jets rebuild to this point reminds me a lot of the Bills.  Got ride of expensive malcontents and underperformers, got draft picks and cap room and smartly built a team.  The one big difference is that the Jets missed on their quarterback.  If they get Rodgers and in so doing lose draft picks and blow their salary cap...and Rodgers doesn't work out, they could destroy their rebuild.  The fact that the team that knows him best is eager to get rid of him would give me pause.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Gregg said:

LOL Keyshawn Johnson.

Keyshawn Johnson really does not like the bills never has

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

I wouldn’t trade Allen for Rodgers, obviously, but this would certainly close and latch the Bills 3-year window. It’s probably best for the Bills to take a year to rebuild anyway.

I’m shocked to hear you say this just absolutely shocked

No, I’m not

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the most likely way the Jets screw up their franchise is by getting Rodgers?  I mean, a quarterback with a great career at a single franchise becomes a malcontent at that franchise until they decide they want to be rid of him.  Quarterback gets traded to a team where Hacket is his coach.  What could possibly go wrong?  It IS possible that Rodgers had an injury last year and, when healed, he will return to form.  That is possible.  However, there are many who seem that he will revert to MVP form because he has been reunited with Hacket.  There is nothing in Hacket's career that makes me think he is an offensive genius who will resuscitate a career.  The Jets rebuild to this point reminds me a lot of the Bills.  Got ride of expensive malcontents and underperformers, got draft picks and cap room and smartly built a team.  The one big difference is that the Jets missed on their quarterback.  If they get Rodgers and in so doing lose draft picks and blow their salary cap...and Rodgers doesn't work out, they could destroy their rebuild.  The fact that the team that knows him best is eager to get rid of him would give me pause.

Hit the nail on the head here. The media loves talking about Rodgers, and the story involves a NY team, so everyone loses sight of all the things you mention and just succumbs to the hype

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

Gordon Ramsay What GIF by PeacockTV

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Will Rodgers where #12 for the Jets, or will he show Joe Namath respect and have a different number?

Is this the first time you’ve ever read anything about Aaron Rodgers? 😂😉

He for sure is taking that #12 lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

That would be funny.

This whole stunt is probably financed by PMT to keep the content rolling. 

30 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Namath already said if he comes to The Jets he can wear it 

Rodgers is the kind of guy to **** Wilson and take number 2 from him and Saleh is the guy to let it happen. Maybe even get tee shirts made. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

This whole stunt is probably financed by PMT to keep the content rolling. 

Rodgers is the kind of guy to **** Wilson and take number 2 from him and Saleh is the guy to let it happen. Maybe even get tee shirts made. 

Can’t argue with you there, he’s a toxic douche 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's gotta be waiting for the Raiders to swoop in. What else is the delay for? 

Jets board speculates it’s because they didn’t want to announce it on Selection Sunday … obviously. 

Short term this frightens me. Long Term the Jets and Dolphins are blowing their rebuild up and I love it. Bills might not finish 1st in the AFC East this year but will still make the playoffs and control the AFC East moving forward with Josh Allen.

Thr Jets are hitching their wagon to a guy who is undecided on if he wants to play and who will be out of the league in 2 years. Just in time for when most of their starters on rookie deals start to get paid. 

Miami is blowing all their draft capital on vets who are on max contracts. They better hope they hit this year or next because Waddle and Tua contracts are coming and they have a lot of guys who are making big $$$. How do you restock the cupboard when you keep trading away high picks?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1