Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

In other QB news the Falcons and Ravens are discussing a trade for LJ.

Dov Kleiman on Twitter: "Report: The #Falcons have “very real” interest in trading for #Ravens QB Lamar Jackson, a source told @MattLombardoNFL “The Lamar Jackson conversation between the Ravens and Falcons progressed tremendously in Indianapolis,” https://t.co/lUigtaoRJM" / Twitter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

He would make them a legit favorite to win the SB, not saying they actually will, but it will massively move the Vegas needle. 

The Jets could make it happen with a restructure, make it signing bonus money and add years to the deal, give him a Brady special, 4 year deal 100M signing bonus, vet min for salary this year, jump it to 10M next season, 2 voidable years on the end, bam, flexibility, he gets essentially a 56M/year salary. Rinse and repeat if it’s working or sail off into the sunset a VERY rich man.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, McBean said:

QB trumps everything in the NFL.

This would be the best roster Rodgers has had maybe ever from a talent perspective.

Sky is falling for the Bills.

Said it after 2021 season, saying it now, and will say it this time next year when we don’t win another Super Bowl.  

We have a bad HC that’s wasting a generational talent in Josh Allen. He refuses to build around him and it’s showing.

Until McDermott is gone and we can get a bright offensive minded coach in here, we aren’t winning a Super Bowl. Put the crack pipe down…hope I’m wrong.

So you're saying the BIlls have "a generational talent in Josh Allen" and "QB trumps everything in the NFL". OK sounds good. 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He would make them a legit favorite to win the SB, not saying they actually will, but it will massively move the Vegas needle. 

keenan-snl.gif

Yeah, no. Not a SB favorite. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Are you serious??? 

Rodgers lost his best player on offense last season 

Jets QBs were jokes. 

Jets roster is loaded except at QB. 

Rodgers makes them an instant AFC title contender and it doesn't even blow up their cap situation.

Rodgers to Jets or hell even Miami would be a huge blow to Bills.

Ok, yes it would be a big upgrade. I still don't think the Jets are division winners with Rodgers. JMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Dan Graziano on Twitter: "I’m told the Jets contingent on the way to California includes team owner Woody Johnson, GM Joe Douglas, head coach Robert Saleh, offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, possibly others." / Twitter

57 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They do have issues at OL just like the Bills, but their roster overall is pretty good. Rodgers goes there and the Bills will have a fight on their hands just to win the division. They may even have that now with the Fins.

I would take our WR group over theirs and that's a problem for the Jets and Rogers.

I also like Knox a lot more then any TE the Jets can put on the field.

Both O lines are bad.

The Jet's RB situation isn't much better, if at all, then the Bills given we don't know when and how well their rookie RB sensation comes back from his knee injury.

I like our Offensive coordinator better then the Jets hack at OC.

And right now Allen is a much better QB then Rogers.

So why is everyone panicking?

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

QB trumps everything in the NFL.

This would be the best roster Rodgers has had maybe ever from a talent perspective.

Sky is falling for the Bills.

Said it after 2021 season, saying it now, and will say it this time next year when we don’t win another Super Bowl.  

We have a bad HC that’s wasting a generational talent in Josh Allen. He refuses to build around him and it’s showing.

Until McDermott is gone and we can get a bright offensive minded coach in here, we aren’t winning a Super Bowl. Put the crack pipe down…hope I’m wrong.

If anyone is acting like they're smoking crack it's you. Rodgers will be 40 before the year is out and hasn't taken the absurd steps Brady did to extend his career into his 40s. He won't be around in another 1 or 2 and even if he does come to NY he's not winning a title there.

They will have to give up a boatload of resources for him. I think this will make the Jets weaker, sooner than if they don't make the deal. Much like Von's signing, the deal wouldn't be a success unless they win a title and I don't see that happening. I don't even see them winning the division. 

As you said QB trumps everything, I'll take Allen in his prime over a 40 year old Rodgers anyday. By the way the Jets HC is a former DC also and has accomplished far less than McDermott has as a HC. They also don't have a brilliant offensive mind either, which seems to be one of your requirements. So, once again, by your logic there's nothing to worry about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Exactly. Jets are in win now mode. That defense is something serious. Could have a Stafford/Rams effect. I don’t think Rodgers is done by any means. I’m really hoping he doesn’t sign there. 

The Jets may think they're in Stafford/Rams territory but they don't have a fraction of the coaching brilliance of McVay and the Jet's roster is not nearly as good as the Rams was in 2021.  Oh and Stafford right now is better then Rogers.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Getting Rodgers would be a big upgrade at QB after what we had last season. Does that mean we are going to win it all? No, but i like our chances of making the playoffs.

Is it worth mortgaging the future just to make the playoffs once or twice?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would take our WR group over theirs and that's a problem for the Jets and Rogers. 

I also like Knox a lot more then any TE the Jets can put on the field.

Both O lines are bad.

The Jet's RB situation isn't much better, if at all, then the Bills given we don't know when and how well their rookie RB sensation comes back from his knee injury.

I like our Offensive coordinator better then the Jets hack at OC.

And right now Allen is a much better QB then Rogers.

So why is everyone panicking?

I would say outide of Diggs the WR's are even.

I agree with you, TE positin goes to the Bills

Our O-Line was bad without AVT, with AVT and Bechton back i give the edge to the Jets

Jets have the better RB stable, especially with Hall coming back

OC is a wash

Allen is the better QB, but even an average Rogers makes the Jets a much better team

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I would say outide of Diggs the WR's are even.

I agree with you, TE positin goes to the Bills

Our O-Line was bad without AVT, with AVT and Bechton back i give the edge to the Jets

Jets have the better RB stable, especially with Hall coming back

OC is a wash

Allen is the better QB, but even an average Rogers makes the Jets a much better team

I wouldn't count on Breece to have a big impact in 2023. It took Barkley a couple of seasons before he regained his old form this past year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Gregg said:

I wouldn't count on Breece to have a big impact in 2023. It took Barkley a couple of seasons before he regained his old form this past year. 

Great point, im hoping Knight can produce more, obviously it will help if we can get everyone back healthy and draft a couple more OL

• Like (+1) 1

If "old man" Woody is flying to California, then Aaron Rodgers will most likely be a Jet.

Rodgers having them fly to him is pretty funny.

Aaron and the NY media is going to be crazy!

It will make for some great Bills/Jets games next season.

• Like (+1) 1