Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I would say outide of Diggs the WR's are even.

I agree with you, TE positin goes to the Bills

Our O-Line was bad without AVT, with AVT and Bechton back i give the edge to the Jets

Jets have the better RB stable, especially with Hall coming back

OC is a wash

Allen is the better QB, but even an average Rogers makes the Jets a much better team

Yea but Diggs towers over all the Jet's WR's and gives the Bills a decided advantage in this position group.

IMO the Jet's are going to mortgage the future bringing in Rogers.  The Jet's roster and coaching staff are not on the cusp of winning a SB if they get QB right. They would be better off bringing in Jimmy G and continue to build their roster through the draft.  Just my opinion but I can honestly say that as a Bills fan I hope the Jets bring in Rogers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yea but Diggs towers over all the Jet's WR's and gives the Bills a decided advantage in this position group.

IMO the Jet's are going to mortgage the future bringing in Rogers.  The Jet's roster and coaching staff are not on the cusp of winning a SB if they get QB right. They would be better off bringing in Jimmy G and continue to build their roster through the draft.  Just my opinion but I can honestly say that as a Bills fan I hope the Jets bring in Rogers.

Im on board with what you are saying, i personally wanted to go with Carr, nothing traded. I will show AR-12 support if he does come here. And i will not be surprised if this blows up in our face, but thats all we can have as football fans, hope.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Why does it make you nervous? You act as though it was close. Buffalo won the east by a wider margin than any other division winner this past year. They currently have a stranglehold on the division and that only grew stronger in 2022 vs 2021, when they only won the division by a single game. Until proven otherwise Buffalo owns this division.

Not an act at all. I'm talking about the individual games played within the division and not season record. Buffalo barely won those games. I'm sure glad they did. They were great division wins. Of the 4 regular season games played Buffalos point differential is +6 and that's against average to below average Qb play. Not trying to argue with anyone. Just stating the facts. I know last year does not dictate next year, but I also am not going to pretend like the division is not closing in fast. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That will be their big move, $50M in cap space, and they have to give assets to get him. 

In addition to then they have to get through the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars who all have young QBs. 

They're desperate. 

with that defense and running game we have a situation now 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would take our WR group over theirs and that's a problem for the Jets and Rogers.

I also like Knox a lot more then any TE the Jets can put on the field.

Both O lines are bad.

The Jet's RB situation isn't much better, if at all, then the Bills given we don't know when and how well their rookie RB sensation comes back from his knee injury.

I like our Offensive coordinator better then the Jets hack at OC.

And right now Allen is a much better QB then Rogers.

So why is everyone panicking?

Because it’s Aaron rodgers. And the jets defense is loaded. Garrett Wilson is going to be a top 5 wr probably, maybe as soon as next year. And their rookie sensation rb will be coming back. Not saying we are done but we had our shots and we didn’t get it done and now other teams are catching up

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Woody Johnson is all in on this idea.  He's not getting younger, and for whatever reasons his team needs a QB AGAIN.

He doesn't care about "mortgaging the future", he wants a playoff team with a chance to go the distance.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.  Jets better get an OL because if Aaron doesn't produce what they want, he will

blame EVERYONE but himself.  I'm kinda looking forward to this.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Because it’s Aaron rodgers. And the jets defense is loaded. Garrett Wilson is going to be a top 5 wr probably, maybe as soon as next year. And their rookie sensation rb will be coming back. Not saying we are done but we had our shots and we didn’t get it done and now other teams are catching up

Beane needs to hit a HR in the draft/FA. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

how are they going to mortgage the future? hate that cliche....Packers want to get rid of Rodgers. They don't want to pay him $60M this year...probably won't take too much

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Jets may think they're in Stafford/Rams territory but they don't have a fraction of the coaching brilliance of McVay and the Jet's roster is not nearly as good as the Rams was in 2021.  Oh and Stafford right now is better then Rogers.

Are you kidding? The Jets won 7 games with the worst QBing I’ve ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Not an act at all. I'm talking about the individual games played within the division and not season record. Buffalo barely won those games. I'm sure glad they did. They were great division wins. Of the 4 regular season games played Buffalos point differential is +6 and that's against average to below average Qb play. Not trying to argue with anyone. Just stating the facts. I know last year does not dictate next year, but I also am not going to pretend like the division is not closing in fast. 

But it didn't translate into their overall record, which is the most important thing. The division isn't closing fast, I just provided proof of it. We won our division by more games than any team in football this year. Close games don't count in the standings, only wins and losses. With overall record having the highest importance.

They were 4.5 games ahead of the Dolphins and 6.5 games ahead of the Jets at the end of the year. Provided we only played 16 games and they're as good as you're saying, I would say that's down right impressive what they did. I don't see either team making up that much ground in a year.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But it didn't translate into their overall record, which is the most important thing. The division isn't closing fast, I just provided proof of it. We won our division by more games than any team in football this year. Close games don't count in the standings, only wins and losses. With overall record having the highest importance.

They were 4.5 games ahead of the Dolphins and 6.5 games ahead of the Jets at the end of the year. Provided we only played 16 games and they're as good as you're saying, I would say that's down right impressive what they did. I don't see either team making up that much ground in a year.

I see your point (especially about close games) but I'm talking about those teams being built to beat buffalo. The division is tough and most likely will be even more tough next year. If tua was playing, Miami's record would have been better. If jets had a better Qb theirs would be too. I get it..I am talking what ifs but the fact is and we all have eyes to see that our division is getting better, tougher , closing in ( however we want to say it). Go Bills!

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But by your own admission they had the OROY & DROY just this year and didn't accomplish anything over 2021 or even make up ground in the standings. They were playing with the same QBs they were the year before and the team was largely the same, yet acquiring those 2 talents meant next to nothing in the results.

Will they get better with Rodgers, sure, but does that translate into a 7 game swing in the division standings? I highly doubt. But, please feel free to continue your offseason the sky is falling activities. 

What was the difference in the number of wins the Bills had between Allen's first and third year. QB play is almost all that matters in NFL. If the Jets get better QB play it could mean a 6 or 7 game improvement. Remember this team beat the Bills once last year already and it took a nearly dead Mike White to lose in Buffalo. 

Rodgers to Jets would be awful for Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1