Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is Rodgers it tho? He didn’t look like an MVP last year. He looked old.

Under 4K in yards, 26-12 TD/INT ratio. Yeah he had new receivers, but he’s got one year left as a starter. I don’t think the Jets get significantly better with him

Are you serious??? 

Rodgers lost his best player on offense last season 

Jets QBs were jokes. 

Jets roster is loaded except at QB. 

Rodgers makes them an instant AFC title contender and it doesn't even blow up their cap situation.

Rodgers to Jets or hell even Miami would be a huge blow to Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Rodgers comes to New York and McClap will be exposed.

The years of the propped up record due to terrible QB's in the East since Brady left will finally rear its ugly head.

Won't be good for us if he goes there. Jets are loaded with talent...have more than us sadly.

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

the Jets couldn't get over the hump with Favre and they won't with Rodgers. They are a perennial clown show

uh, you do know they beat us last year with one of the worst NFL quarterbacks in history right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Rodgers comes to New York and McClap will be exposed.

The years of the propped up record due to terrible QB's in the East since Brady left will finally rear its ugly head.

Won't be good for us if he goes there. Jets are loaded with talent...have more than us sadly.

uh, you do know they beat us last year with one of the worst NFL quarterbacks in history right?

uh and which AFC East team went to the post season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

the Jets couldn't get over the hump with Favre and they won't with Rodgers. They are a perennial clown show

They do have issues at OL just like the Bills, but their roster overall is pretty good. Rodgers goes there and the Bills will have a fight on their hands just to win the division. They may even have that now with the Fins.

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

The Jets have a much better roster right now than the one Favre went to.  With that said I would only be worried about Rodgers on the Jets for one year tops.  He is getting up there in age and it seems like he's already mentally checked out from football.  

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

uh and which AFC East team went to the post season?

The Jets won 7 freakin games with Zach Wilson and Mike White man.

They have BOTH the OROY and DROY on their team.

If you think Aaron Rodgers going there doesn’t make them a legit contender, I don’t know what to tell you.

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

If you think Aaron Rodgers going there doesn’t make them a legit contender, I don’t know what to tell you.

He'll make them better.  They're still the Jets though.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Yes they had the OROY & DROY this year and what did it get them? They went from finishing 7 games behind us in 2021 to 6.5 games behind us in 2022. That netted them a whole half game in the standings while starting the same QBs in both years.

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes they had the OROY & DROY this year and what did it get them? They went from finishing 7 games behind us in 2021 to 6.5 games behind us in 2022. That netted them a whole half game in the standings while starting the same QBs in both years.

Uh, again, their QB’s were Zach Wilson and Mike White…

We are talking about the possibility of the MVP of the league 2 years ago playing that position for them.

I mean, again, don’t know what else to say if people don’t think they get better with the addition of Aaron Rodgers.

Am I the only person who would be totally fine with this?

Jets take on a massive contract and probably have to give up at least one first round pick.

Rodgers didn't look great last year and seems to be a total headcase these days.

Seems like a recipe for disaster with the Jets just as they are beginning to build momentum. I'd love that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, McBean said:

Uh, again, their QB’s were Zach Wilson and Mike White…

We are talking about the possibility of the MVP of the league 2 years ago playing that position for them.

I mean, again, don’t know what else to say if people don’t think they get better with the addition of Aaron Rodgers.

But by your own admission they had the OROY & DROY just this year and didn't accomplish anything over 2021 or even make up ground in the standings. They were playing with the same QBs they were the year before and the team was largely the same, yet acquiring those 2 talents meant next to nothing in the results.

Will they get better with Rodgers, sure, but does that translate into a 7 game swing in the division standings? I highly doubt. But, please feel free to continue your offseason the sky is falling activities. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Adding a hall of fame QB to a young, talented roster is not desperation. It’s perhaps a final piece.

Yes, they still have to get through the Chiefs. But everyone else would have to get through the Jets.

Exactly. Jets are in win now mode. That defense is something serious. Could have a Stafford/Rams effect. I don’t think Rodgers is done by any means. I’m really hoping he doesn’t sign there. 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But by your own admission they had the OROY & DROY just this year and didn't accomplish anything over 2021 or even make up ground in the standings. They were playing with the same QBs they were the year before and the team was largely the same, yet acquiring those 2 talents meant next to nothing in the results.

Will they get better with Rodgers, sure, but does that translate into a 7 game swing in the division standings? I highly doubt. But, please feel free to continue your offseason the sky is falling activities. 

QB trumps everything in the NFL.

This would be the best roster Rodgers has had maybe ever from a talent perspective.

Sky is falling for the Bills.

Said it after 2021 season, saying it now, and will say it this time next year when we don’t win another Super Bowl.  

We have a bad HC that’s wasting a generational talent in Josh Allen. He refuses to build around him and it’s showing.

Until McDermott is gone and we can get a bright offensive minded coach in here, we aren’t winning a Super Bowl. Put the crack pipe down…hope I’m wrong.

• Haha (+1) 2