Bad thought about 2023 playoffs

Ga boy

Just had a bad thought that I’d like to forget.  First, let me say that I’m the most optimistic dude about the Bills and life.  I even thought the Losman Bills could win the Super Bowl.  My bad thought is the Bills might not make the playoffs next year.  It’s happened to other great teams.  I mean we might lose Maine, Poyer, Motor, White, and now even Diggs.  Can someone please relieve my troubled mind.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Just had a bad thought that I’d like to forget.  First, let me say that I’m the most optimistic dude about the Bills and life.  I even thought the Losman Bills could win the Super Bowl.  My bad thought is the Bills might not make the playoffs next year.  It’s happened to other great teams.  I mean we might lose Maine, Poyer, Motor, White, and now even Diggs.  Can someone please relieve my troubled mind.  

Josh Allen.

Feel better yet?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I hope you weren't around in 1984, 1985. You want to talk depressing times being a Bills fan back then was miserable. Back-to-back 2-14 seasons. The Bills will be fine. They won 13 games last year and Allen is the best QB in the division. Beane does have some work to do fixing the weaknesses on the roster, but they should still be a playoff team. They will probably win the division again even though the Fins and Jets (if they get a QB) will challenge them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I hope you weren't around in 1984, 1985. You want to talk depressing times being a Bills fan back then was miserable. Back-to-back 2-14 seasons. The Bills will be fine. They won 13 games last year and Allen is the best QB in the division. Beane does have some work to do fixing the weaknesses on the roster, but they should still be a playoff team. They will probably win the division again even though the Fins and Jets (if they get a QB) will challenge them.

Whew.  Feel better already 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't draw a nice warm bath and relax with a good book and the toaster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Diggs?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

you're obviously not the most optimistic dude about the Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

For what it's worth before we even drafted him I had a dream that we'd win a Super Bowl with a QB wearing #17.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

you're obviously not the most optimistic dude about the Bills

I’m a realistic optimist.  I like to be prepared for worst case scenario.  If we don’t improve the O line, I’m realistically sure that we’re not going to be better.

I have complete confidence that we will:

1. We will have a coupling of puzzling/tough losses in November.
  2. McDermott will say "Play-offs?!? Play-offs?!? We're just hoping to win a game"
  3. Make the play-offs
  4. Win a Wild Card game
  5. Lose the Divisional round
  6. McDermott will win the Marty Schottenheimer award
  • Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I mean, it's possible.  

But this Bills team was tearing through the league in the 1st half of the season.  We were,  imo, the best team in the NFL.  We lost Hyde & Miller, guys like Jones, Poyer & Phillips played most of the remaining games fairly injured, Allen was hurt, we had 2 major blizzards & a relocation, we had the Hamlin situation, et al.  Teams have to overcome adversity, but it was too much.  To me, this team just looked emotionally drained at the end.

Fast forward to September.  We'll be healthy, and hopefully won't have the same kind of luck w/ injuries that we had in '22.  Dorsey will have a year under his belt.  With a good draft and some low-key FA additions, we could get right back into the form we saw early in '22.  

On the good ol' internet, I have literally lost count of the # of opposing fans who have said our window is now closed. This is wishful thinking, and reminds me of what I said about the Pats every offseason during their reign.  The Buffalo Bills ain't going anywhere.  We'll be a top 5 team in the league in 2023 - w/ a very tough schedule, so there are no guarantees.  But we will once again win the division and make the playoffs, barring something unforeseen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I’m a realistic optimist.  I like to be prepared for worst case scenario.  If we don’t improve the O line, I’m realistically sure that we’re not going to be better.

Beane knows this, he's been trying to improve the OL since he got here, sadly he made a mistake trusting Spain would live up to his first year play and trusted more in Cody Ford than Wyatt Teller. I'm sure he'll try again this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I mean, it's possible.  

But this Bills team was tearing through the league in the 1st half of the season.  We were,  imo, the best team in the NFL.  We lost Hyde & Miller, guys like Jones, Poyer & Phillips played most of the remaining games fairly injured, Allen was hurt, we had 2 major blizzards & a relocation, we had the Hamlin situation, et al.  Teams have to overcome adversity, but it was too much.  To me, this team just looked emotionally drained at the end.

Fast forward to September.  We'll be healthy, and hopefully won't have the same kind of luck w/ injuries that we had in '22.  Dorsey will have a year under his belt.  With a good draft and some low-key FA additions, we could get right back into the form we saw early in '22.  

On the good ol' internet, I have literally lost count of the # of opposing fans who have said our window is now closed. This is wishful thinking, and reminds me of what I said about the Pats every offseason during their reign.  The Buffalo Bills ain't going anywhere.  We'll be a top 5 team in the league in 2023 - w/ a very tough schedule, so there are no guarantees.  But we will once again win the division and make the playoffs, barring something unforeseen.

All things considered if we can get a full season and playoffs with Von Miller on defense we have as good a chance as any to win. Maybe we should keep him off the field except for obvious passing situations. *shrugs*

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

If we lose Maine, it'll be because the aliens took it.  And that means we're in an inter-planetary war that Earth is bound to lose.  

Not encouraging, but the good news it'll mean there's no chance that any NFL team makes the playoffs.  So we got that going for us, which is nice. 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Diggs is going nowhere. The cap implications make that move impossible. As far as next year, I do think there is a good possibility the Bills fall to third place in the division, especially if the Jets find themselves a capable quarterback 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

I like this post because you’re quite the contrarian. The world isn’t all butterflies and rainbows. Consider the eye rolls a badge of honor.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Send a letter to the Bills saying

TRADE 

JOSH ALLEN 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.