Jalen Hurts This Jalen Hurts That - 3 Rush TDs

Jerome007

I've been so sick of the lack of credit for the Eagles OLine

Did Hurst play very well besides his awful fumble? Yes, he did.

But to hear so called "experts" credit him for the 3 rush TDs, all those QB sneaks (did you know he squatted 600 pounds??) I mean, come on!

That first rush TD ALL the OLinemen were 2-3 yards deep in the endzone. Same for many sneak plays. I sincerely don't recall that happening for the Bills in years. Plus Hurst had tons of time to throw as well. The OLine was so dominant it was just insane thinkin how Josh would look.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 3

• Jerome007 changed the title to Jalen Hurts This Jalen Hurts That - 3 Rush TDs

I can't be annoyed by this stuff anymore.  It's how the media works. 

Get Allen an OL and weapons commensurate with the other top QB's in the league and maybe he gets talked about like Mahomes and Burrow again.  

Until then, Josh has nobody else to blame except for those in charge of protecting him, getting him help and leading the team to a Super Bowl. 

• Agree 6

I’m confused by this. So according to lots of people here, our oline sucks. So when Allen scores, should we give the oline credit?

also, why does this board work so hard to discredit other qbs? Hurts, who I’m sure was trashed when he was drafted here, has become a really good qb. Why not give him some credit? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

But to hear so called "experts" credit him for the 3 rush TDs, all those QB sneaks (did you know he squatted 600 pounds??) I mean, come on!

That first rush TD ALL the OLinemen were 2-3 yards deep in the endzone. Same for many sneak plays. I sincerely don't recall that happening for the Bills in years. Plus Hurst had tons of time to throw as well. The OLine was so dominant it was just insane thinkin how Josh would look.

Are you seriously suggesting Hurts isn’t a talented runner and that it’s all offensive line? 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m confused by this. So according to lots of people here, our oline sucks. So when Allen scores, should we give the oline credit?

also, why does this board work so hard to discredit other qbs? Hurts, who I’m sure was trashed when he was drafted here, has become a really good qb. Why not give him some credit? 

Not quite sure how well he plays with an average line, probably just fine.  But I can say that he is my absolute favorite QB personality besides Josh.  Love his temperament, answers to media, how his teammates react to him.  He is naturally what Joe Burrow is so desperately trying to be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you're talking about during the game, you and I were watching different broadcasts.  Those guys did not but praise the Eagles O line repeatedly.  They repeatedly showed the one play where Jones tried to jump over the line because he couldn't do anything.

If you're talking since the game, it's because Hurts is the QB and he set a record....why is that hard to comprehend?  The season is over, and offensive line talk is not going to get people to listen to/watch your programming

36 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Look at the push from this line.  I could score a TD behind that.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Are you seriously suggesting Hurts isn’t a talented runner and that it’s all offensive line? 

Nope. But in this game, in the Superbowl? Yes it was almost all the offensive line. Not for his throws, but for the rush TDs, and sneaks. Please point out a great rush Hurts did? Mahomes did the long one at the end of the game, as an example. Of course Hurts is a great runner, but this Superbowl the OLine made it happen. Not the same for Lamar or Josh or Fields for example.

As for give Josh weapons, sorry but when it comes to WRs and Knox, he sure has some. I'm not saying for the Bills it's all Josh! But if you can't see how a OLine like the Eagles are such a powerful tool, I don't know what else to say.

Just like some basic movements at the line for the offense, using Kelce to draw defenders, accounted for 2 nearly automatic TDs for the Chiefs. No need for any different players here! Diggs is the man, and Knox more than good enough at the goal line to do the same. I recall the backend TE and FB catching TDs in the first 2022 games for the Bills. What happened to those schemes in the last 10 games? Add Beasley and wow.

Basically, a better OLine and schemes, and no wonder Vegas odd makers still see the Bills as serious SB contenders.

Edited by Jerome007

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Not quite sure how well he plays with an average line, probably just fine.  But I can say that he is my absolute favorite QB personality besides Josh.  Love his temperament, answers to media, how his teammates react to him.  He is naturally what Joe Burrow is so desperately trying to be.

People are just really insecure about Josh and our team for some reason.  Hurts is turning into a great QB before our eyes and we better get used to it.  He's overcome some adversity at the college and pro ranks and he's continued to put his head down, work his ass off and improve year over year.  Done it with class too.  I like the guy a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

Why are you threatened by people saying nice things about Hurts? It literally has nothing to do with Allen. Both of them can be good QB's.

I know I was impressed by him. He is definitely on an upward trajectory. Since he's in the NFC, it really doesn't affect the Bills at all.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why are you threatened by people saying nice things about Hurts?

Ha ha. The projection. As if I cared. It's about giving credit where it's due. If you read my posts, I have written time and time again Hurts plays well. But for all the Superbowl QB sneaks and all 3 rush TDs, a bad runner like Peytion Manning could have done them too.  The OLine was that good..

Edited by Jerome007
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Nope. But in this game, in the Superbowl? Yes it was almost all the offensive line. Not for his throws, but for the rush TDs, and sneaks. Please point out a great rush Hurts did? Mahomes did the long one at the end of the game, as an example. Of course Hurts is a great runner, but this Superbowl the OLine made it happen. Not the same for Lamar or Josh or Fields for example.

As for give Josh weapons, sorry but when it comes to WRs and Knox, he sure has some. I'm not saying for the Bills it's all Josh! But if you can't see how a OLine like the Eagles are such a powerful tool, I don't know what else to say.

Just like some basic movements at the line for the offense, using Kelce to draw defenders, accounted for 2 nearly automatic TDs for the Chiefs. No need for any different players here! Diggs is the man, and Knox more than good enough at the goal line to do the same. I recall the backend TE and FB catching TDs in the first 2022 games for the Bills. What happened to those schemes in the last 10 games? Add Beasley and wow.

Basically, a better OLine and schemes, and no wonder Vegas odd makers still see the Bills as serious SB contenders.

That’s pretty fair if you were mostly referring to these past playoffs. Thanks for clarifying. Philly’s OL is extremely good. But Hurts has rushed for 700+ yards each of the past two years - that doesn’t manifest from just tons of QB sneaks. He’s an excellent, dynamic runner (with an excellent line.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like Jalen. I think he's a good QB who had a great year. I don't see him as top 5 in the NFL as some are trying to tout him, but he's definitely top 10. The Eagles OL was the best in the NFL this year though, they have a bunch of weapons in that offense, and Steichen was a great play caller. Hurts still had to go out there and execute for sure, and he was excellent this year, but the slobbery of Hurts reminds me a bit of how they did with Lamar. We'll see if he can string together back to back good years, especially after losing his OC. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hurts has the most powerful legs at the position - It's like having an added lineman pushing the pile on the sneak plays.  I completely believe they could line up for a QB sneak every play and get a 1st down on most series.  It's a chicken and egg scenario - his line makes him better, but he makes his line's stats look better too.

43 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Ha ha. The projection. As if I cared. It's about giving credit where it's due. If you read my posts, I have written time and time again Hurts plays well. But for all the Superbowl QB sneaks and all 3 rush TDs, a bad runner like Peytion Manning could have done them too.  The OLine was that good..

He definitely had a qb sneak in that game where he was stood up at the line by chris jones of all players, and pushed him for a first down.  

I've been lifting for 10 years and have never come close to a 600 lb squat...Why is no one giving Jalen credit for his work...It's always the O line...Dude has stronger legs than nearly the entire NFL...

Hes not wearing a belt or knee wraps and looks to be about 195 lbs in this video...

Edited by Awwufelloff

26 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Hurts played a great game….but at the end of the day, he cost them the game…

If Hurts doesn't fumble, it's 4th and 10.  They were giving the ball back to KC either way.  Pretty good chance the Chiefs score either way.  He played an incredible game, but Mahomes was even better.  Hurts was not the reason they lost.

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Yeah, but what about Hurts?  I was lead to believe this thread was about Hurts.  WTH does the Bengals tightend have to do with the Eagles oline?

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

you mad bro?

7 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

4blz3h.jpg

What, exactly, is your point?  Jalen Hurts accounted for 374 yards of offense out of 414 total for the Eagles.  If his O line did all the work, then why did his RBs only have 45 yards on 17 carries?  He probably played the best game of any losing player in SuperBowl history.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You're saying this to a Chiefs fan that spends most of his time on a Bills board arguing about how much better his QB is.

There’s a lot of good football discussion on this board.  Hell, there’s more Chiefs discussion on this board than there is on Chiefs boards.

Edited by Billl

On 2/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, SCBills said:

I can't be annoyed by this stuff anymore.  It's how the media works. 

Get Allen an OL and weapons commensurate with the other top QB's in the league and maybe he gets talked about like Mahomes and Burrow again.  

Until then, Josh has nobody else to blame except for those in charge of protecting him, getting him help and leading the team to a Super Bowl. 

We have one of if not the best wide receiver in the league, a top 10 tight end and one of the better deep threats in the league.  Plus we had two solid running backs who combined to average 5 yards a carry.  Honestly the combined ability of our skill positions are better than either Kansas City or Cincinnati.  I just hope we can keep some resemblance of this team for next year with our cap issues.  We lost because of coaching not because of talent. 

Edited by Coach55

41 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

We have one of if not the best wide receiver in the league, a top 10 tight end and one of the better deep threats in the league.  Plus we had two solid running backs who combined to average 5 yards a carry.  Honestly the combined ability of our skill positions are better than either Kansas City or Cincinnati.  I just hope we can keep some resemblance of this team for next year with our cap issues.  We lost because of coaching not because of talent. 

I would very much disagree with this assessment.

Chiefs OL #2 in the NFL.   

Bills OL, bottom third of the league.

Chiefs have the best TE, maybe in NFL history. 

Knox is a top 10 potential TE.

Chiefs WR room is deep and versatile with MVS, Juju, Toney, Hardman, Moore (That's four WR2/3 guys and a RD2 rookie) 

Bills WR room is Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir (That's an elite WR1, a WR3, WR5, RD5 rookie)

Chiefs RB room is Pacheco/McKinnon/CEH

Bills RB room is Cook/Singletary/Hines

On what planet is the Offensive talent for Buffalo equal to, or better than, the Chiefs?

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Bills fans are the biggest homers in sports 

You haven't been out much I see.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

On what planet is the Offensive talent for Buffalo equal to, or better than, the Chiefs?

And I would add in what universe are Buffalo's skill players equal to those of the Bengals?  It's insane to even suggest that we can match Ciny at WR or RB.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I would very much disagree with this assessment.

Chiefs OL #2 in the NFL.   

Bills OL, bottom third of the league.

Chiefs have the best TE, maybe in NFL history. 

Knox is a top 10 potential TE.

Chiefs WR room is deep and versatile with MVS, Juju, Toney, Hardman, Moore (That's four WR2/3 guys and a RD2 rookie) 

Bills WR room is Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir (That's an elite WR1, a WR3, WR5, RD5 rookie)

Chiefs RB room is Pacheco/McKinnon/CEH

Bills RB room is Cook/Singletary/Hines

You’re reaching hard on Wrs. Diggs is so much better than every guy in the chiefs. JuJu has been on a decline for multiple years and has no elite skills. Gabe Davis averages more yards per season than MVS and Hardman. 

the bills spent a 2nd and a 3rd on rbs. The chiefs have a 1st rounder who is a busy and couldn’t even play in the SB. They had a 7th round rookie who had similar stats to DS, who is the most productive rb in either teams room. 

these are washes at best and I’d personally take the upside of the Bills receivers over KC.  Also, the bills have invested in heavily in the oline. Obviously, they invested in the wrong players. 

but people are way overrating KC’s talent to put down mahomes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.