Why is Eric Bieniemy available as an OC?

Virgil

14 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

He's a garbage human with an awful track record and the only reason he for an NFL job is because Andy Reid loves and breeds garbage humans. 

Bienemy: arrested multiple times, grabbed a female parking attendent by the neck, covered up systemic sexual assault by football players in college,  lured teenage high school recruits with drugs and sex. 

Dude is human filth.

So reading between the lines.........you're thinking Ohio State?

• Haha (+1) 3

This was a topic of discussion on the NFL network.  Guys making lateral moves to improve their stock.  Career building technique.  Reid like other head coaches want their guys to grow and get experience so they can be a HC in the future.

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2023 at 6:36 PM, ArtVandalay said:

He's a garbage human with an awful track record and the only reason he for an NFL job is because Andy Reid loves and breeds garbage humans. 

Bienemy: arrested multiple times, grabbed a female parking attendent by the neck, covered up systemic sexual assault by football players in college,  lured teenage high school recruits with drugs and sex. 

Dude is human filth.

I didn’t know any of this until you posted. I looked it up and there was his rap sheet. Now I know why no nfl team wants him as their head coach. Wonder why the media doesn’t report his background?! What other questionable people has Reid mentored?

45 minutes ago, major said:

I didn’t know any of this until you posted. I looked it up and there was his rap sheet. Now I know why no nfl team wants him as their head coach. Wonder why the media doesn’t report his background?! What other questionable people has Reid mentored?

You mean besides his kids?

• Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Moving to Washington would be so stupid...tough division, coach on hot seat, could literally be fired by mid season...likely ownership change...no QB no offense...its a historic dumb move if he does that.

coach could be fired mid-season= best chance EB has of being a HC, even as an interim 

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2023 at 7:36 PM, ArtVandalay said:

Dude is human filth.

Will bet money you voted for someone who is just as garbage. I guarantee you also have rooted for some player who has done worse. 

that said, can anyone point to a guy who has led multiple top 5 units and won multiple SBs as a coordinator and not gotten a head coaching job? Because I honestly can’t. 

14 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You mean besides his kids?

His son was a legit crackhead and was a nfl assistant until he drove drunk. That shows how messed up the nfl hiring process is!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His son was a legit crackhead and was a nfl assistant until he drove drunk. That shows how messed up the nfl hiring process is!

Drug use, addiction, and over-dosing are all tragic issues that could hit any of our families and loved ones.

That said, the issue with the Reids is their cavalier attitude regarding the affect their behavior has on others. It would be one thing if it was contained to only ruining their own lives, but BOTH brothers had car accidents while intoxicated that seriously injured others.

Garret, who OD'ed in an NFL/Eagles facility, had this to say while he was still alive:

The 29-year-old Reid struggled with drug abuse for years and was imprisoned for a 2007 high-speed car crash in which another driver was injured. Police found heroin, which Reid admitted to using, and more than 200 pills in his car. When he surrendered to begin serving his sentence in that case, prison guards found Reid had tried to smuggle prescription pills into jail.

In the midst of his legal troubles in his early 20s, Reid said he "got a thrill" out of being a drug dealer in a lower-income neighborhood just a few miles from his parents' suburban Villanova mansion.

"I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life," Reid told a probation officer, according to court testimony in November 2007. "I could go anywhere in the 'hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer."

It isnt the drug addiction that I criticize Andy as a parent. It's the entitled attitude his kids have/had about it all.

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Will bet money you voted for someone who is just as garbage. I guarantee you also have rooted for some player who has done worse. 

that said, can anyone point to a guy who has led multiple top 5 units and won multiple SBs as a coordinator and not gotten a head coaching job? Because I honestly can’t. 

I love how the topic is “Eric Bieniemy isn’t a good person” and you make it about the poster.

EB thanks you for your service! We’ve all choked a couple of parking lot attendants in our day. Boys will be boys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

looks like EB is going to be the Commanders new OC.  Perfect place for him considering what he's trying to accomplish.

Defensive HC.  EB will run the O. It's his.

Less than ideal situation on O he's walking into.  PERFECT.  IF he gets this unit to perform...HE DID IT...not ried, not Mahomes.  He succeeds in THIS situation, he'll get his HC shot.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:29 PM, major said:

Really? You don't understand why the media wouldn’t report his background instead of going with the narrative that everyone in the NFL is racist?

Andy’s kids might be worst, but they weren’t going to get HC consideration either.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2023 at 7:36 PM, ArtVandalay said:

Dude is human filth.

Didn’t know any of this! Quite the track record. Reid seems to be an extreme enabler for a lot of terrible people. 

On 2/15/2023 at 7:15 PM, Nitro said:

This was a topic of discussion on the NFL network.  Guys making lateral moves to improve their stock.  Career building technique.  Reid like other head coaches want their guys to grow and get experience so they can be a HC in the future.

KC told him when AR retires he’s not the guy. The off the field stuff as noted by many is an issue. Never really was considered the true OC (fair or not). And clearly doesn’t interview well. Owners are not obligated to hire the guy to appease the media. Having said that I wish him well in DC, he will likely need it. 

On 2/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, RichRiderBills said:

Moving to Washington would be so stupid...tough division, coach on hot seat, could literally be fired by mid season...likely ownership change...no QB no offense...its a historic dumb move if he does that.

Well actually nobody has hired him as HC. It’s possible you’re right he could be dumped if RR gets fired.

Or he could possibly get the gig at least interim if RR gets the axe. The team has decent talent so if they can solve QB he could get some credit and build his brand. 

One of two things will happen. One, Bienemy shows it wasn't all Reid and coaches his way to a HC position within 2 years. Or two, he fails while showing everyone why he doesn't deserve to be a HC. But, the sports media will still make excuses for him.  

Sucks for him. Reid should have went out on top and enjoyed a burger filled retirement. The way to go out would be when the NFL as a whole has backtracked the can’t win it all narrative and sung your praises. 

But if there’s one place where the previous OC underperformed and just being middling would be a huge difference, it would be WAS. All he has to do is decent and it will look great for him.

Just now, benderbender said:

Sucks for him. Reid should have went out on top and enjoyed a burger filled retirement. The way to go out would be when the NFL as a whole has backtracked the can’t win it all narrative and sung your praises. 

But if there’s one place where the previous OC underperformed and just being middling would be a huge difference, it would be WAS. All he has to do is decent and it will look great for him.

I dont think Bienemy gets the HC job just because he's OC when Reid retired. Heck, I think Nagy would have a better shot at it.

• Agree 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, Virgil said:

I remember hearing Eric's name in HC positions, but now I'm seeing that his contract is up and he's applying for other OC jobs.  My first point of thought would be, Reid calls all the plays and runs the show, so maybe he just wants to make a name for himself elsewhere.  However, is it not off that the Chiefs wouldn't try to keep him on the staff? 

For me, it's hard to not want someone who's been around Reid and the offensive game planning on our staff.  Whoever actually called the plays in the SB was the real MVP to me.  Outside of the first Kelce touchdown, Mahomes was throwing to wide open people.  

But yeah, anyone know why this guy is available?

Couple of things...people forget, these guys still need to interview.  And maybe he just isn't interviewing well to the point they feel he is ready or has the right plan for the what the team is seeking when he does.  

Second, sometimes when you are playing under a great HC and elite QB, you just don't get as much credit.  In this case, Reid is known to be an offensive guru, so most of what KC does is assumed to be Reid's design with the best QB in the NFL executing.  

Eric left KC so he can go try and showcase his abilities as an OC and make a better case for himself as a HC where he isn't in the shadow of both Reid and Mahomes.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couple of things...people forget, these guys still need to interview.  And maybe he just isn't interviewing well to the point they feel he is ready or has the right plan for the what the team is seeking when he does.  

Second, sometimes when you are playing under a great HC and elite QB, you just don't get as much credit.  In this case, Reid is known to be an offensive guru, so most of what KC does is assumed to be Reid's design with the best QB in the NFL executing.  

Eric left KC so he can go showcase his abilities as an OC and make a better case for himself as a HC where he isn't in the shadow of both Reid and Mahomes.  

My immediate reaction is how did we not make him a big offer and ditch Dorsey?  I would have paid him HC money, even more than McD, to be our OC and bring some of that creativity and ingenuity of the KC offense to Allen and this team.  I get Dorsey was just a first year OC and has room to grow, but I am not fond of the idea of gambling Diggs and Allens prime years on an unproven OC who has to learn on the job and wasn't good enough in his first year.  Dorsey may go on to become a great OC, but not only is that not a sure thing, we don't know how long it will take.

Lmao betting on Bieniemy would be a bigger gamble than hoping Dorsey improves. 

Another guy who has basically zero experience actually calling plays and running an offense, except this guy could barely get a job after being with Reid and Mahomes for 5 years?

• Agree 1

Watching the Jags vs. Chiefs playoff game, I found it strange after the injury to Mahomes' ankle that the next drive was a TD drive by Chad Henne and the announcers praised Reid and did not mention Eric, at all. I didn't know it was Andy calling plays. If true, that's a real problem for someone looking for a HC gig and is essentially a clip board holder. 

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao betting on Bieniemy would be a bigger gamble than hoping Dorsey improves. 

Another guy who has basically zero experience actually calling plays and running an offense, except this guy could barely get a job after being with Reid and Mahomes for 5 years?

Admittedly my original comment was a bit over the top in terms of EB over Dorsey...but I just feel like Bieniemy would bring a lot of that Reid experience and has 5 years under his belt being an OC for Reid and calling plays.  I get Reid built most that offensive system, but Beiniemy now knows more about it than just about anyone and can bring some of those concepts here.  

Dorsey is a risk...we are betting Allen and Diggs prime on him learning on the job.  I have less against him than Frazier, the biggest concern for me is his lack of experience was a glaring issue last year.  So I just think someone like Eric is further along in a lot of the areas where Dorsey struggles.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My immediate reaction is how did we not make him a big offer and ditch Dorsey?  I would have paid him HC money, even more than McD, to be our OC and bring some of that creativity and ingenuity of the KC offense to Allen and this team.  I get Dorsey was just a first year OC and has room to grow, but I am not fond of the idea of gambling Diggs and Allens prime years on an unproven OC who has to learn on the job and wasn't good enough in his first year.  Dorsey may go on to become a great OC, but not only is that not a sure thing, we don't know how long it will take.

So glad Bills did not ask you what you would do.  Paying an OC more than head coach is just asking for trouble.

If Bills needed an inside man to ask about his work as OC they would likely ask Mitch Morse first. He was the OC his last season with Chiefs.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:56 PM, H2o said:

One of two things will happen. One, Bienemy shows it wasn't all Reid and coaches his way to a HC position within 2 years. Or two, he fails while showing everyone why he doesn't deserve to be a HC. But, the sports media will still make excuses for him.  

Excuses made? When was the last time a coordinator from a 2 time winning Super Bowl didn’t get at least one head coaching job?  Look at the dork Arizona hired. After getting destroyed in the SB. But I guess he “interviews” well 

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So glad Bills did not ask you what you would do.  Paying an OC more than head coach is just asking for trouble.

If Bills needed an inside man to ask about his work as OC they would likely ask Mitch Morse first. He was the OC his last season with Chiefs.

I deleted it already...already acknowledge it was exaggerative and over the top.  I know that would never happen, and it was said more to simply highlight the degree of concern I have with gambling the prime of Allen and Diggs on an inexperienced OC whose very inexperience was a glaring weakness of the offense in year 1.  

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, shady is such a great character guy. Totally respect what he says and he probably is not bitter at all after not playing more in KC.

this stuff could be fairly true but what an awful source. It’s like asking Kyrie his opinion of the Brooklyn nets. 

On 2/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, Mr. WEO said:

YES!   Washington is the exact place where Eric can prove the world that HE is the real genius behind the Chief's Offense.

lol, this s going to be awesome.  Paired with "Riverboat Ron!" and QB2 or QB3 dudes.  What could go wrong?

I mean for years you told us how terrible Andy Reid was. Haven’t heard that take from you in a while. 😉

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I just feel like Bieniemy would bring a lot of that Reid experience and has 5 years under his belt being an OC for Reid and calling plays.  I get Reid built most that offensive system, but Beiniemy now knows more about it than just about anyone and can bring some of those concepts here.  

Dorsey is a risk...we are betting Allen and Diggs prime on him learning on the job.  I just think someone like Eric is further along in a lot of the areas where Dorsey struggles.  

Yeah, even if he was a figurehead OC (like Matt Nagy who got a head coaching job), he still would have a ton of awesome concepts from Reid. And for crappy as Nagy is, he made MT passable for a year.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Admittedly my original comment was a bit over the top in terms of EB over Dorsey...but I just feel like Bieniemy would bring a lot of that Reid experience and has 5 years under his belt being an OC for Reid and calling plays.  I get Reid built most that offensive system, but Beiniemy now knows more about it than just about anyone and can bring some of those concepts here.  

Dorsey is a risk...we are betting Allen and Diggs prime on him learning on the job.  I have less against him than Frazier, the biggest concern for me is his lack of experience was a glaring issue last year.  So I just think someone like Eric is further along in a lot of the areas where Dorsey struggles.  

EB is going to be learning on the job, even more than Dorsey at this point.

If you wanna say last year, I agree that's not crazy. I could see going with EB > Dorsey when neither had been a real OC.

Once we hired Dorsey last year, he was going to get 2-3 years as OC unless he had a Nate Hackett level implosion.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Excuses made? When was the last time a coordinator from a 2 time winning Super Bowl didn’t get at least one head coaching job?  Look at the dork Arizona hired. After getting destroyed in the SB. But I guess he “interviews” well 

Yes, if he fails in Washington as a stand alone coordinator then the sports media will make excuses as to why. It's what they do. Not sure about the coordinator hiring situation you mentioned because I have never kept track. If I were Arizona, and had my choice, I would have hired one of the two Cincy coordinators. That's on them. I wouldn't have made that hire. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.