Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

35 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

I haven’t heard much about Dorsey or Frazier. I don’t get the sense he like to talk poorly about current players/coaches. The player is an offensive player and one thing that is interesting is he said that if he has an option to play for daboll im the future, he would love to. He said daboll is the best coach he ever had (he said this last off-season, before it was as obvious how good a coach Daboll is). 

He hasn't said much about specific needs but he said that the bills biggest offensive problem is the lack of efficiency at getting 6-8 yards when they just need to move the chains. He said that skill is what made Brady the Goat, and what the bengals and chiefs do at a much higher level than we do. He said he wasn’t sure whether Josh, other personnel, or scheme where most to blame for this.

Are you a Pats fan?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, JayBaller10 said:

They’d never do a Diggs for Parsons trade without something else going back to the Cowboys. Parsons has more value as a pass rusher. It’d be like trading Lawrence Taylor for Marvin Harrison or Isaac Bruce. It’d never happen.

+ Edmunds!

I know its been said already on here with the money situation Diggs prob doesn't get traded, but if there was a way to trade him and turn that into adding multiple solid targets for Allen, not sayin another  "superstar #1 wr"  just more solid pieces to make this offense more varied. Spread the ball around and make it much harder to defend. I like what KC did with Hill, Bills should follow that blueprint. Do that and upgrade the OL!!!  oh and hopefully Dorseys leash is very short, he needs to show alot of improvement in year 2

47 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I know its been said already on here with the money situation Diggs prob doesn't get traded, but if there was a way to trade him and turn that into adding multiple solid targets for Allen, not sayin another  "superstar #1 wr"  just more solid pieces to make this offense more varied. Spread the ball around and make it much harder to defend. I like what KC did with Hill, Bills should follow that blueprint. Do that and upgrade the OL!!!  oh and hopefully Dorseys leash is very short, he needs to show alot of improvement in year 2

There’s a huge, tight end size difference between what the Bills and Chiefs have. A QB must have a go to guy, and in your plan you are trading away Josh’s go to guy. Trading away a top 5 receiver in the league and not getting back a #1 receiver would be a monumental mistake-just ask the Packers! 

people need to calm down with this whole “Diggs is turning back into a diva” thing. Why, because he was frustrated and has voiced it? That makes 99.9% of the people who post in the GDT divas so they need to go as well! That’s how that works, right? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Jerrah is willing to give us a 1 and 2, or player like Lamb and a 3 good bye Stef. 

Why would Dallas give up Lamb plus a pick for a guy with similar production that is 6 years older and has a history of being a locker room problem?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Why would Dallas give up Lamb plus a pick for a guy with similar production that is 6 years older and has a history of being a locker room problem?

And the Bills wouldn't want Lamb.......he's eligible for extension and will probably demand even more than Tyreek Hill's $30M aav and he has a 100 catch season at age 23 to justify it.  

He's going to be in a whole different zip code than Diggs with his next contract. 

Diggs is price controlled where the Bills want him and his deal extends out far enough that he knows he isn't likely to have another good contract after it.............so that creates the option for dummy years to be added on etc.. without having to put 9 figures in escrow like Jerry will be doing with CeeDee this offseason(most likely).

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

There’s a huge, tight end size difference between what the Bills and Chiefs have. A QB must have a go to guy, and in your plan you are trading away Josh’s go to guy. Trading away a top 5 receiver in the league and not getting back a #1 receiver would be a monumental mistake-just ask the Packers! 

people need to calm down with this whole “Diggs is turning back into a diva” thing. Why, because he was frustrated and has voiced it? That makes 99.9% of the people who post in the GDT divas so they need to go as well! That’s how that works, right? 

I don’t think Diggs pitching a fit is a key concern, as much as the subsequent interview where he refuses to call Josh by name and admits it was down to increasing tension through the latter part of the season. Diggs is Josh’s number one guy, but the key to that is a good relationship. Is it as strong as it was? Diggs’ interview suggests not.

I, personally, think it's crazy that posters are considering trading Stefon Diggs basically because he had a public, verbal spat with Josh Allen on the sidelines during a game they needed to win to advance to the AFCCG. Especially not knowing what was said!! Maybe Diggs was trying to give Josh some constructive criticism. On top of the fact that they are asking the GM to get Josh another weapon to help the offense. Carumba!!

• Like (+1) 1

They arent trading Diggs. He is our #1 and there is no one behind him even close on our team.  More importantly, there would be a huge cap hit that this team can't afford.  Cant even afford to sign our own guys ffs.  This ***** is just overblown garbage because Diggs was mad on the sideline.  Big deal.  This happens on every field every week in the NFL.  Diggs will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Now lets talk about KC yes? they in the SB yes? Their #1 WR is ranked in the mid 30's and their #2 WR is ranked in the 50's. The point is, many teams do quite find with a 2A and a 2B WR. 

Sorry man, but you really can't say this and conveniently not mention the fact that they also have the greatest TE ever in his prime. You're allowed to slack on wide receivers when you have Travis Kelce. Diggs is essentially our Kelce in terms of impact. If you can somehow get Kelce Jr on this team, then Diggs may become more expendable, but you can't roll with both sub-par WRs and TEs.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think the Bills want trade Diggs. They won’t look to do so proactively. 

I do think Diggs might ask for one or force his way out with more temper tantrums. At that point the Bills will be in a tough spot. He’ll likely need a restructure to get out. 

Clearly, Diggs is not over the loss to Cincinnati and there do seem to be lingering and unresolved issues between him and Allen and possibly the coaching staff.  Diggs is a captain, and he will need to soon start acting more positively about the future and next season with the Bills, or this really will become a distraction or worse.  A team can't have one of its top players and a captain showing a lack of confidence about the direction and prospects for the team or indifference (at best) about playing for the team.

Some of the comments on here are just nuts. Just a slight bit of understanding as to what the contract situation actually is makes everything drama related in these 8 pages null and void. The fact is, to those wanting a return via trade or to those who think he's playing himself off the team with infighting among teammates, haven't done a lick of actually trying to understand the situation or reading what some of the quality posters have been saying. The team and player are married for the short term future at the very least and when they roll it back next year - Diggs will be out there are the #1. You want that, the team wants that, and id be amazed if HE didnt want that. But more importantly, the specifics make it so it cant be any other way

You take this conversation, out-of context, from an  interview conducted by...who?

Have you looked at the dead cap money on Stef's contract? I don't think he is trade-able unless some GM starts smoking the same stuff as you. Then,of course, you would have to find another WR to bring the same chemistry and production. Good luck with that! Just trade Diggs for the sake of some silly bromance?

Like I always say; you can't force a team to trade with you,anyway.

But, hey,if you're drooling for a family reunion, why not bring little bro to Buffalo? That probably has as much chance.

On 2/10/2023 at 5:28 PM, julian said:

If Diggs wants out so be it, don’t need any players who don’t wanna be in Buffalo.

Lol, at this WEIRD insecurity. This is a note to all of my fellow Bills fans. If you ever “want” to get rid of a player because you think that they want to be somewhere else, you’re sad. If Josh Allen said he wants to play in SF, my take is, “too bad.” Some people are like, “good, if he doesn’t want to be here we don’t want him.” 😂😂 That is THE lamest, most insecure, take in sports. Unfortunately, it is WAY more prevalent in Buffalo than in other markets. Our fan base is SO insecure. It’s kind of pathetic. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, at this WEIRD insecurity. This is a note to all of my fellow Bills fans. If you ever “want” to get rid of a player because you think that they want to be somewhere else, you’re sad. If Josh Allen said he wants to play in SF, my take is, “too bad.” Some people are like, “good, if he doesn’t want to be here we don’t want him.” 😂😂 That is THE lamest, most insecure, take in sports. Unfortunately, it is WAY more prevalent in Buffalo than in other markets. Our fan base is SO insecure. It’s kind of pathetic. 

Why would you want to force a player to play for a team he has no interest in playing for. You’re running a football team not a plantation. It’s considered the greatest team sport because the rosters are so large and your best players have to want to be there, otherwise it creates divisions within the team.

This doesn’t even include every other potential free agent player across the league watching closely as to how players are treated.

If I know for sure that forcing a player to play out their contract wouldn’t cause a negative effect on the teams abilities to sign future players including their own free agents then I’m ok with the hard line approach.

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I, personally, think it's crazy that posters are considering trading Stefon Diggs basically because he had a public, verbal spat with Josh Allen on the sidelines during a game they needed to win to advance to the AFCCG. Especially not knowing what was said!! Maybe Diggs was trying to give Josh some constructive criticism. On top of the fact that they are asking the GM to get Josh another weapon to help the offense. Carumba!!

I know what was said, and it was not constructive criticism. Diggs said "what's your excuse now, Josh?" Allen intentionally didn't engage because he didn't want to escalate the situation. They got in a spat after the game and then Diggs hurriedly left the facility instead of going to be with his teammates after a tough loss. And now he's going on a media tour fanning the flames. It isn't a good look no matter how you slice it. I hope he calms down and makes up with Allen. We have enough problems to worry about this offseason without also worrying about our #1 WR being happy.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I know what was said, and it was not constructive criticism. Diggs said "what's your excuse now, Josh?" Allen intentionally didn't engage because he didn't want to escalate the situation. They got in a spat after the game and then Diggs hurriedly left the facility instead of going to be with his teammates after a tough loss. And now he's going on a media tour fanning the flames. It isn't a good look no matter how you slice it. I hope he calms down and makes up with Allen. We have enough problems to worry about this offseason without also worrying about our #1 WR being happy.

Well?? What's his excuse?? Josh Allen played horribly. Diggs is telling him to stop the excuses and let's ball out. What's wrong with that?? 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Well?? What's his excuse?? Josh Allen played horribly. Diggs is telling him to stop the excuses and let's ball out. What's wrong with that?? 

You do not do it in that manner. And Josh basically carried us through the season - his excuse, not that he points the fingers at others, seemingly unlike Diggs, is pathetic protection from a dire O Line. If anyone, Diggs should have been yelling at them.

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

You do not do it in that manner. And Josh basically carried us through the season - his excuse, not that he points the fingers at others, seemingly unlike Diggs, is pathetic protection from a dire O Line. If anyone, Diggs should have been yelling at them.

All I have to say is that when Thomas Edward Patrick Brady throws tirades and berates his players on the sidelines he's considered a great leader. When Stefon Diggs shows animation on the sidelines, he's a malcontent. 🤷

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

All I have to say is that when Thomas Edward Patrick Brady throws tirades and berates his players on the sidelines he's considered a great leader. When Stefon Diggs shows animation on the sidelines, he's a malcontent. 🤷

Think the difference is with Brady, everyone was a servant to the cause. Other than possibly Gronk, who I can’t recall him ranting at, he seemed to have a professional rather than personal relationship with the offense so tirades came across as part of the relationship.

Diggs and Josh have made a big thing of being brothers and loving each other, so when one publicly humiliates the other, it is bound to stand out for the wrong reason.

20 hours ago, julian said:

Why would you want to force a player to play for a team he has no interest in playing for. You’re running a football team not a plantation. It’s considered the greatest team sport because the rosters are so large and your best players have to want to be there, otherwise it creates divisions within the team.

This doesn’t even include every other potential free agent player across the league watching closely as to how players are treated.

If I know for sure that forcing a player to play out their contract wouldn’t cause a negative effect on the teams abilities to sign future players including their own free agents then I’m ok with the hard line approach.

Lol, you don’t just dump top 10(ish) players in the NFL because you’re perception is that they aren’t happy!!! That’s RIDICULOUS. Yes, he signed a contract as have all players. I understand that teams can dump players whenever they want and I’m as “player-friendly” as pretty much any fan.

The Bills obligation is to do what’s in the best interest of the team. There isn’t a scenario that the Bills benefit by getting rid of Diggs. If he comes to them and demands out, they can trade him for multiple picks (1&2 probably). There other option is to keep him. Ultimately it is up to the Bills and they aren’t in position to jettison there top players.

I can’t believe that ANYONE thinks, “if Diggs doesn’t want to be here get rid of him.” That was a WEIRD conclusion to jump to. Passionate, team captain, has sideline outburst because he wants his team to win so badly. They should get rid of that guy…

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:46 PM, Mango said:

I don’t think the Bills want trade Diggs. They won’t look to do so proactively. 

I do think Diggs might ask for one or force his way out with more temper tantrums. At that point the Bills will be in a tough spot. He’ll likely need a restructure to get out. 

The thing is, I don't see a restructure that would allow the Bills to move on from him.

As far as I know, the NFLPA/NFL does not allow a player to take some of his signing and restructure bonuses and turn them back into salary

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/12/2023 at 11:53 PM, HappyDays said:

Where was this reported?

Edited by Beck Water

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Where was this reported?

It was not reported. It is something I know to be true. You know the mic'd up footage that the Bills release after every game? Well, they don't release all the footage for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean it isn't heard by certain people that work for the team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.