Something very different: who we really are. 😄

Italian Bills

I don't think I like this thread at all. You are all LIARS!!!

@Shaw66  A mostly retired lawyer? Wtf. I used to picture an old time Bills OL, now all I picture is Matlock.

@Dan Darragh An old-timin Bills QB, nope. Still don't know who he is, but it sounds like he has alot close associates who have connections to the mob. 

@Draconator Hmmmm. I really didn’t know what to think of you, but it sure the **** wasn't Ken who's employed at Yahoo, a real estate agent AND in a band. Are you also a secret agent by night? 

@Don Otreply Yeah I know I'm not supposed to reply, but I gotta. Soooo you're not Don, you're Jeff? Jeff you no longer are allowed to be grumpy, you're living a dream life. Good for you.👍 You mentioned you were going to Bermuda on you way back home. Did you ask permission, it's rude not to? Here I will for you, Hey@Bermuda Triangle is it ok if Don, 🤬, Jeff here visits on his way back home? You can never be too safe when concerning urban legends.

@WhoTom We finally get to someone who's not a liar, as his name really is Tom. Thanks Tom for restoring my faith in humanity! You sir are a very accomplished individual, but watch out @Draconator is hot on your trail. Did you know he's a secret agent?  

@Fleezoid Would've never guessed you were the beautiful young lady in the Airplane movies. Yeah, that's all I got.

@Gugny Way too much to unpack here, but your head really isn’t baseball? Biggest surprise out of it all. Pretty sure everyone already knew you were sleeping with your mom.

Me? I really do Love Me Some Bills. Even though they love to rip my heart out, repeatedly, over and over again. Been a fan for 45 years now. Rooting in wine country, in the central Finger Lakes. Home to over 100 wineries & breweries......hiccup.🍻

I've been a laborer, graphic designer and thought I finally got what I wanted being in management. While I excelled at it, I'm just not meant to sit behind a desk. Way too much energy. So now? Now I'm a lumberjack lol. First time working outside and I love it. And I'm making as much as when I was in management while working less hours. 

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this board. While at times frustrating, this place is filled with great people and is a great place to come discuss our team.  God bless. GO BILLS!!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

Giulio, my wife, and I are booking our next cruise on our upcoming cruise (leaving one week from today!!!). It will be a 9-day Greek Island Cruise, and the port will be Rome. We're going to stay a week in Italy, taking a bullet train to Venice and staying there for 4 or 5 days. Are you close to Venice? 

Currently taking Italian through the Pimsleur app. So I may hit you up on how to say "Do you have any vodka" in Italian. 

Anyhoo, I'm Ken. I'm 56. Work at Yahoo, I'm a Real Estate Agent, and I'm in a band. Boomerang

Cruises are awesome 

I'm Steve, 36 years old , I'm an entrepreneur mainly dealing with the cannabis industry 

Go Bills 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 with a background in bodybuilding and powerlifting. I’m also a musician and a huge fan of music in general. I play guitar, drums and I’m learning ukulele. My first love as a music fan was The Beatles, The Doors and Clapton and then as a young adult I gravitated towards Nirvana, Townes Van Zandt, Blaze Foley and as of lately Nick Drake. Im kind of one of those sad sack silent types or at times a happy go lucky kind of guy, I guess it depends on what kind of mood I’m in that day. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hello my dears Bills friends.

Season over, we’ve been year for five months talking about football, the Bills and all the things related on them. 

After the Cincy game we started talking about what went wrong, the reasons of our elimination and after those first days after that game, the threads are all about the FA, draft, what to do to improve the roster, prediction on the 2023-2024 season, about Beane,McD, Dorsey, Frazier, the new stadium, etc. 

I know many here will make fun of me about this thread, it’s ok… but i wanted to talk about something different. Who we really are ? 

Maybe not friends in the right meaning of the word, but sure we are friends thanks to the Bills. So let’s say who we really are in normal life, if you don’t mind, of course. 😉

Me: i’m Giulio, 52 next sept, i’m 5’9” tall and around 160lbs, live in north Italy, very close to Swisse, married with two little kids, 8 and 3, both girls… so my football days are all alone 😄 (fortunately). 

I’m an insurance agent and i played soccer for almost 35 years, now i ski (since i was 10), I cycling and and of course love to watch many other sports, nba and baseball also. 

Ohh.. i was forgetting this: i really love good food.. but how I couldn’t ? I’m italian. 😁

We can start knowing each other a little bit… also if i know that some of you are close friends already, in life and not only here.

Do you live in Piemonte?

Valle d'Aosta?

What is the viticultural focus of your region. THAT's a way to get to know someone

5 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Hi. 

My name is at Ari. I'm 31, single, live in Ontario Canada. 

I grew up watching the Bills when I was younger. We had a TV with the bunny ears antenna that would only get 3 channels. Channel 9 (CTV) played the Bills on Sundays at 1. I've tried to watch them every since. It's a comfort for me. A remembrance of simpler times. 

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Cruises are awesome 

I'm Steve, 36 years old , I'm an entrepreneur mainly dealing with the cannabis industry 

Go Bills 👍

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

35 with a background in bodybuilding and powerlifting. I’m also a musician and a huge fan of music in general. I play guitar, drums and I’m learning ukulele. My first love as a music fan was The Beatles, The Doors and Clapton and then as a young adult I gravitated towards Nirvana, Townes Van Zandt, Blaze Foley and as of lately Nick Drake. Im kind of one of those sad sack silent types or at times a happy go lucky kind of guy, I guess it depends on what kind of mood I’m in that day. 

Only THREE replies in 3 pages claim to be younger than me. Eff that. No way. @NoHuddleKelly12even claims to be the SAME age. Imagine that: OTHER people?! I don't believe any of it. This thread is a violation of basic internet forum decorum. Some of our fellow posters have been living double lives for SO long...it's impolite to call anyone out IRL.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve been a fan a long time. I’ve been streaming games since I left the local market a couple decades ago. Back when streaming sucked as much as the bills did. 

my least favorite things include JP losman press conferences, dick Jaron talking about Aaron Maybin, Rex, Mark Ingram Sr, Ronnie Harmon, Doug Flutie, all things patriots and norwide… 

when im not posting here I can be found emulating Clark Grizwold by night, by day in the executive suite of a medium sized Nasdaq listed corporation writing curt directive emails or updating PowerPoint slides for next quarters board meeting, or nodding my head pretending to listen to some ambitious tech geek director explain some new demodulation algorithm. 

Lately I’ve been thinking of selling people’s data to big tech… since this thread…🤓

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Early leader for poster of the year.

Ahahahhaha….. thank you !  😄

Just want this family we are, become even more a family ! 

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Do you live in Piemonte?

Valle d'Aosta?

What is the viticultural focus of your region. THAT's a way to get to know someone

I’m in Lombardia, close to Milano, the town i live is Mirbegno. Good enough ? 😅

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I feel as though you already know everything about me.... I'm a 38 year old, British, bi-sexual, atheist that hates pop culture, social media and kids, is just to the left of Stalin politically and only knows stuff about the law, government and sports. 

Dayum

just got off work .. drinking manhattens and laughing my ass off

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hey ! I still live here, my city is Morbegno, look for it. I become a Bills fan in the 1989… and since then, never gave up. 

yes, it was 5,000 Lire at that time. 

Hey buddy. I feel sorry i wasn’t able to get a zoom call yet.. learning how to properly throw a football would be great… but right now outside is something under 30f degree 🥶

No worries my friend.  You let me know when the weather improves.  I already talked to my oldest and he said he’d be honored to help a fellow Paizan.  His mom is a Bonaventura.  Real Irish huh?  😇

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

No worries my friend.  You let me know when the weather improves.  I already talked to my oldest and he said he’d be honored to help a fellow Paizan.  His mom is a Bonaventura.  Real Irish huh?  😇

You know what ? Feeling to be a part of this great fanbase, a family, it’s a bless.

I always dreamed about the US, since i was 7/8 years old i could say, so i’ve been lucky to come there almost 15 times in my life, between my 25 and my 35 and it was always a greatness. 

Now i’m thinking to try the Green Card Lottery… and who knows, maybe one day me and my family will have the opportunity to move and start something over there. 

Anyway yes… when the cold will drop a little, we can arrange a good practice. 😄

• Like (+1) 1

I have been DYING TO KNOW what your name is, Giulio! 

Now I know!  I'm about a year older than you, of Italian ancestry, also love good food and cooking good Italian food...and am a huge Juventus fan.  I have been wondering if you also follow Juve.  You live in Juve country for sure! 

I used to live in Miami and work in law enforcement during the day. I don't sleep much, I had kind of a messed up childhood, so I kept busy with other things by night. From the outside, I had your typical life... married, had a son, was relatively close, but awkward, with my step-sister.

Appearances can be deceiving, though. Nothing's forever. Things got weird when, after my wife died and I sent my son to live with a stranger, my step-sister developed this bizarre crush on me... I felt like life jumped the shark for a bit, so I spent some time wandering after inexplicably surviving an ill advised boat trip.

Things got back on track... kinda... about 10 years later when I reunited with my son. We have a complicated relationship, though. I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, being a Bills fan helps me keep my dark passenger in check... or does it... maybe we'll find out some day if my "code" results in you finding yourself an invited guest at my table.

Oh, and GO BILLS!! :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have been DYING TO KNOW what your name is, Giulio! 

Now I know!  I'm about a year older than you, of Italian ancestry, also love good food and cooking good Italian food...and am a huge Juventus fan.  I have been wondering if you also follow Juve.  You live in Juve country for sure! 

You gotcha ! I’ve been a diehard Juventus ultras since four years ago; few things happened that I really didn’t like so i give up on soccer and now follow just american sports, cycling, winter sports and other. I’m a truly sports-man 😁

How you became a soccer (Juve) fan ?

2 hours ago, transient said:

I used to live in Miami and work in law enforcement during the day. I don't sleep much, I had kind of a messed up childhood, so I kept busy with other things by night. From the outside, I had your typical life... married, had a son, was relatively close, but awkward, with my step-sister.

Appearances can be deceiving, though. Nothing's forever. Things got weird when, after my wife died and I sent my son to live with a stranger, my step-sister developed this bizarre crush on me... I felt like life jumped the shark for a bit, so I spent some time wandering after inexplicably surviving an ill advised boat trip.

Things got back on track... kinda... about 10 years later when I reunited with my son. We have a complicated relationship, though. I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, being a Bills fan helps me keep my dark passenger in check... or does it... maybe we'll find out some day if my "code" results in you finding yourself an invited guest at my table.

Oh, and GO BILLS!! :devil:

Personal stuff must remain personal, but i feel you . 

I’m sure that if i’ll have another chance to come there in vacation, you will know i’m coming so i could be guest of many of you ! 😄😄😄

I was born in CT and moved to Dallas in the early 70's with my family when my dad was transferred there for work.  Our neighbors there included Mel Renfro and Roger Staubach so I became a huge Cowboys fan, which continued after moving to OPNY in 1975.  I've been a Bills fan ever since then and the Cowboys were my 2nd favorite team until they treated Tom Landry like crap when JJ bought the team and brought in JJ.  Though I left WNY in 1984 to attend college, I've always stayed connected and would move back in a second if my Pats*** bride wasn't so attached to the northeast.  Pats*** aside for obvious reasons, people here don't understand why I still despise the Bruins and Celtics, even after living here for over 30 years (Brad Park in game 7 anyone?).  I have 3 kids in their 20's who, much to my wife's dismay, are all Bills fans.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, Don Otreply said:

I’m Jeff, I am 63, 210 lbs, turn 64 in July, I am retired, sold my house it Ct, and my wife and I moved onto our sailboat, in 2018, we have since then been sailing from Groton Connecticut to the Bahamas and back, up and down the east coast, stopping in places we had never been before, and returning to some of our favorites while in route, we are currently in the Exuma island chain, at Staniel Cay, anchored at Big majors spot. We hope to sail to Bermuda on our way back to Connecticut this time on the way north. That’s what I do when not here on this board being a slightly frustrated Bills fan, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

Where in CT?  Did you ever sail in Essex?  Frostbite races is some of the best sailors.  Or do you know Essex sailors? Ever do Soundings?

I’ve done a little sailing, but I lived awhile in Essex.  That is such a sailing down I’m a sailor by osmosis lol

Go Bills!

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.