Anyone else on the John Michael Schmitz bandwagon?

78thealltimegreat

Apparently dominated the Senior Bowl and is now a late first/ early second round pick would have to sacrifice a round 1 WR for the guy but he would solve a couple problems. 
Is country strong at the point of attack so they could start him at guard and if Mitch retires would have your next center all ready to go. 
In addition could move Bates to his normal left guard position where he played really well last year. 
I’m starting to like it.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

I could "gopher" him.

John-Michael-1024x682.jpg

Sorry. . . . . . . . . .that was awful.

No coffee yet.

His stock has risen with the senior bowl, but I am hopeful that after all the school workouts and the Combine other "skill positions" will rise up the board also

and we can still swipe John Michael in the 2nd.

(Remember, no coffee yet)  😆

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He was a high school wrestler. McDermott is most likely on board 

He recess really high grades from the MTC guys in their Evans and Bill Polian.  Coach Alexander who is an often guess and was a 35 yr O Line coach in the NFL.  He’s now one of those position gurus.

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I could "gopher" him.

John-Michael-1024x682.jpg

Sorry. . . . . . . . . .that was awful.

No coffee yet.

His stock has risen with the senior bowl, but I am hopeful that after all the school workouts and the Combine other "skill positions" will rise up the board also

and we can still swipe John Michael in the 2nd.

(Remember, no coffee yet)  😆

I agree…I think there will be too much too end talent to take him in the first…Humphrey went in the 2nd so I could see Schmitz going there as well…

• Like (+1) 1

Intriguing after the Senior Bowl. I read about him the other day per the write up on NFL.com when catching up with the Senior Bowl activities:

John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

Schmitz is probably the most consistent player here. I'm not sure he had a bad rep in practice. He is strong, powerful and tough. He's interviewed really well during his meetings with teams this week. I've been told his character is off the charts. I don't see him being available beyond Day 2 of the draft. Schmitz is a member of the American team, which is loaded with future NFL starters on the offensive line, including Florida OG O'Cyrus Torrence and TCU OG Steve Avila, who showed he can all play all three spots on the interior during practice this week.

From nfl.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic

(article covers many Senior Bowl Practice stand outs)

I've been wanting a particular C for two years now (Humphrey and Linderbaum) as a succession plan at C who could play G until a decision on Morse is/was made, and learn about calling out protections while Morse is still here. Nothing against Morse, but he is slightly above replacement level and now has 6+ documented concussions. Wanted to get Allen his stud 'career' C. Like Hull for Kelly, or Dawson for Big Ben. This guy fits the idea I have been wanting those two years. Will be looking for more about him.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Schmitz & Mauch would be a hellava combo in the first 2 rounds. We'd have to pray a diamond wr falls to 3rd?

Or is any free agent worth the cash? It's a tough order but I believe we gotta come away with two OL and one WR this offseason. Maybe one of the OL will have to be a free agent. 

12 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Or is any free agent worth the cash? It's a tough order but I believe we gotta come away with two OL and one WR this offseason. Maybe one of the OL will have to be a free agent. 

If Tampa ends up in a total rebuild, they have some nice OL to look at in a trade. Yeah that would mean cap manipulation, but a potential place to make some gestures.

Only if he is a John Jacob Jinglehiemer Schmitz, his name is my name too…, 

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm on the wagon of a number of top IOL.

Schmitz

Wypler

Tippmann

Terrance

Mauch

Vorhees

Patterson

Need 2 of those guys in the first 3 rounds.

The Draft Network compares Tippmann to Mitch Morse, for what it's worth 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Schmitz & Mauch would be a hellava combo in the first 2 rounds. We'd have to pray a diamond wr falls to 3rd?

Bills need a RT, IMO. Not feeling Mauch at RT. Now Schmitz and Darnell Walker would fix the Bills Oline problems. Tippmann and Carter Warren may work too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

USATSI_17169881.png

Please don’t let Sherlock see this thread either.

Dudes a ginger, day Walker type, 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he only played center in college, not guard. Not sure we could rely on him to be a day one starter at guard. And he's going to be a 24 year old rookie like Boogie Basham was. So this would be a disappointing 1st round pick IMO. If he makes it to our pick in round 2, sure.

• Like (+1) 3

I don't want him in round 1.  I do think there is a possibility the Bills could trade out of round 1.  If they can trade out of round one and pick up an extra second or thrid round pick, I'd be happy to get a guard/center in round 2, and maybe another one in round 3.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Actually if the ol picks pan out and stabilize the protection for Allen the weapons we currently have and any young weapons drafted could be enough to give us all the offense that Allen needs to keep defense rested and playing to their capabilities and keeping opponents from matching points against the Bills.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Apparently dominated the Senior Bowl and is now a late first/ early second round pick would have to sacrifice a round 1 WR for the guy but he would solve a couple problems. 
Is country strong at the point of attack so they could start him at guard and if Mitch retires would have your next center all ready to go. 
In addition could move Bates to his normal left guard position where he played really well last year. 
I’m starting to like it.

I agree much better then reaching for a Wr in a horrible yr for that position. We can’t afford any more blunders high in the draft get this kid or the guard from the Gators! Rebuild this Oline! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.