So what is the first coach or domino to fall?

Draconator

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd like to see Dorsey gone just because he had the balls to interview with another team before a huge game. A lot of gall there to do that considering his limited experience and the faith the Bills put in him. And Frazier is a no brainer. "Here's your new Panthers HC, recently fired from the Bills, Ken Dorsey!!!!"

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 5

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

ESPN Headline behind their paywall:

”Bills title window is closed.”

Good.  Let’s go into the off season the actual underdogs we are and will be until we win a SB or reimagine our trenches to look like the Eagles - who would have annihilated us.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Nothing will change. That's the problem. McDermott will say they will review their processes and maybe they hire a defensive quality control person who does nothing but get everyone's coffee. Next year will we even make it to the divisional round? We might be 1 and done in the playoffs. Can't count on the team to be down to their 3rd string QB every year for us to win the wildcard

Edited by KDIGGZ

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

McDermott can't scapegoat the ST coach again, so I'm thinking it'll be Kromer. O-line was bad all year and an absolute train wreck today. Kromer would be a scapegoat that actually deserves to be fired 

Frazier should've been fired last year, but if he survived 13 seconds I think he survives this. The cynic in me wonders if the Bills are hoping for him to be hired as a HC somewhere else as we would get comp picks. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

I don't think they will change OC or DC...probably so position group coach as sacrificial lambs.  McDermott is too stubborn and arrogant to make the big changes needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

McDermott can't scapegoat the ST coach again, so I'm thinking it'll be Kromer. O-line was bad all year and an absolute train wreck today. Kromer would be a scapegoat that actually deserves to be fired 

A positional coach is not a big enough change up. it will have to be a coordinator. The only question is will it only be Frazier or will both get canned?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

A positional coach is not a big enough change up. it will have to be a coordinator. The only question is will it only be Frazier or will both get canned?

Usually heads don't roll when you go 13-3.  Both coordinators are staying unless they choose to leave.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Usually heads don't roll when you go 13-3.  Both coordinators are staying unless they choose to leave.

Yeah but anyone who was watching with a brain could see this wasn't a 13-3 team. Luck and schedule. Heads need to roll somewhere.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Frazier should've been fired last year, but if he survived 13 seconds I think he survives this. The cynic in me wonders if the Bills are hoping for him to be hired as a HC somewhere else as we would get comp picks. 

No way anybodys hiring Frazier after todays dumpster fire unless Houston is looking for somebody to fire again after a year.  Everybody wants Head Coaches from the Offensive side of the ball anyway, not a lifeless un-exciting D-Coordinator who plays bend and get man-handled defense.  If Dak is the white Kirk Cousins, Frazier is the black Dick Jauron.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Yeah but anyone who was watching with a brain could see this wasn't a 13-3 team. Luck and schedule. Heads need to roll somewhere.

We had the eighth hardest schedule I believe at the end of the year and our wins over KC and Baltimore came with a healthy Von Miller.  I don't expect any changes to our coordinators.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

These are unique circumstances. Marty Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 season. 

How'd that work out for them?

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

When the head coach needs to deflect blame, coordinators get fired. Happens every year. Has happened multiple times in just the last few weeks, even from teams that made the playoffs. It definitely could happen. 

28 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I doubt it. Frazier would be my choice. He has shown 3 straight years he can't get it done in the playoffs against good offensive teams.

Dorsey was a rookie and probably will improve and learn like most first timers do.

Will he ultimately be good enough? Who knows. Nobody does yet but he will likely get the chance to find out.

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We had the eighth hardest schedule I believe at the end of the year and our wins over KC and Baltimore came with a healthy Von Miller.  I don't expect any changes to our coordinators.

How'd that work out for them?

The second half of our season was filled with jokers on the schedule for the most part. The writing on the wall was the Bills nearly blowing it to a third string qb at home with the season on the line. Then this beaut. I hope Mr. Pegula is as pissed as I am now. Whatever this team is doing has gotten real stale. Time for a change.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I think Frazier should absolutely be gone. 13 seconds, now this whole season. 

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

If I'm Terry Pegula and seen how we've exited the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years, I'd insist on McD firing both Frazier and Dorsey. Brandon and Sean should also be on thin ice. Draft multiple players on offense and scrup that ridiculous zone defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I think Frazier should absolutely be gone. 13 seconds, now this whole season. 

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

This whole season? They were 13 and three.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

No way anybodys hiring Frazier after todays dumpster fire unless Houston is looking for somebody to fire again after a year.  Everybody wants Head Coaches from the Offensive side of the ball anyway, not a lifeless un-exciting D-Coordinator who plays bend and get man-handled defense.  If Dak is the white Kirk Cousins, Frazier is the black Dick Jauron.  

Apparently except the Bills who have McDermott who is the white Dick Jauron. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billznut said:

When the head coach needs to deflect blame, coordinators get fired. Happens every year. Has happened multiple times in just the last few weeks, even from teams that made the playoffs. It definitely could happen. 

I could see Kromer and Washington possibly getting the boot.  That's it though.

The right move here is first, to see if Dorsey is hired away.

If not, remove him.
IMO, his creativity and ability to adapt/choose the next level of  playbook plays to the situation isn’t even college level talent. He freezes up mentally and reverts to vertical throws.

Dorsey is losing Diggs. He’s already ruined Gabe. Knox is an afterthought. If we want to keep this team mentally in the game, I would certainly look to Reich. Smarter and proven.

The question will be this: Will McDermott be too insecure to pull that move?

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.