Trade Diggs for assets and go to a more controlled ground game.

Tipster19

Can’t have the internal turmoil so either trade Josh, and that’s not going to happen or get rid of Diggs. Shed his contract, get a return in assets, draft pick(s) and/or player(s) and rebuild this offense that is more balanced. Now I don’t fault Diggs for being frustrated but this offense is lopsided and needs to be more reasonable. 

Earlier in another post I clamored for Texas RB Bijan Robinson and while that may not happen my point is still the same. Provide better playmakers than the ones we have and get some of this pressure off of Josh, it’s too much and teams should not be this reliant on one player. 

I don’t think it would be that difficult to fix this OL. While better players are needed I believe that they can be obtainable. Kansas City replaced their whole OL in one year and they are doing fine. Make Kromer earn his paycheck with a formidable run game. 

It looks like there is some significant changes in store for the coaching staff and the roster but have it make sense with a logical strategy and personnel. Tone down this chaotic pass happy offense and get some balance to it.

To me some obvious departures would be Frazier, possibly Dorsey, Singletary, Davis and a couple/few OL. I don’t expect Poyer to be back either, we need better speed in the secondary. 

It’s going to be quite the off season, Beane is going to have his hands full but it’s sorely needed because today was a total embarrassment.

• Vomit 19
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 37

Can’t see them trading their only 1 legit weapon on offense. Unless you have his replacement lined up you have to stick with him. Diggs is an emotional player and I think this little outburst will be forgotten in no time. I don’t have any concerns with Allen and Diggs moving past this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Can’t have the internal turmoil so either trade Josh, and that’s not going to happen or get rid of Diggs. Shed his contract, get a return in assets, draft pick(s) and/or player(s) and rebuild this offense that is more balanced. Now I don’t fault Diggs for being frustrated but this offense is lopsided and needs to be more reasonable. 

Earlier in another post I clamored for Texas RB Bijan Robinson and while that may not happen my point is still the same. Provide better playmakers than the ones we have and get some of this pressure off of Josh, it’s too much and teams should not be this reliant on one player. 

I don’t think it would be that difficult to fix this OL. While better players are needed I believe that they can be obtainable. Kansas City replaced their whole OL in one year and they are doing fine. Make Kromer earn his paycheck with a formidable run game. 

It looks like there is some significant changes in store for the coaching staff and the roster but have it make sense with a logical strategy and personnel. Tone down this chaotic pass happy offense and get some balance to it.

To me some obvious departures would be Frazier, possibly Dorsey, Singletary, Davis and a couple/few OL. I don’t expect Poyer to be back either, we need better speed in the secondary. 

It’s going to be quite the off season, Beane is going to have his hands full but it’s sorely needed because today was a total embarrassment.

There's been talk of this. Reported here...

• Haha (+1) 4

The Bills have a better run game than the Chiefs right now.  The Chiefs Offense is more lopsided than the Bills, and is based on one player.

Maybe the Chiefs should trade Kelce for more assets to rebuild their Offense so that it is more balanced.

lol. wtf

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills have a better run game than the Chiefs right now.  The Chiefs Offense is more lopsided than the Bills, and is based on one player.

Maybe the Chiefs should trade Kelce for more assets to rebuild their Offense so that it is more balanced.

lol. wtf

Diggs for Kelce straight up! BRILLIANT!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is one of the most insane posts of the year. Congrats. I see cliff jumping truly does bring out the crazies at times.

They are not going to a "ground game". Give me a break dude. 

What's next? Do you want to turn Allen into a safe game manager?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

No I will Not sign up to roll back Bills football to the 1970s run *****. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

“internal turmoil”

A few words on the sidelines after their season ended in terrible fashion…these guys seem like good friends so they will get over it…

Have you ever played a team sport? This happens… even in amateur park leagues … let alone the level these guys are at…

• Like (+1) 1

Davis is a potential trade piece - could see trading Davis and the 27th to move up to snag a WR we like.  

Then trade a 2nd for Hopkins.  

We’ll have the money because I’m not resigning Poyer or Oliver.   

Btw I’m not saying I would do that but I’m listening and looking.  

I in no way want to trade Diggs. But why in the world would you pay him top 5-7 WR money and then not use him? And there was way more than today that they didn’t use him like a true #1 receiver should be used. Keep Diggs, find a better OC that can scheme plays for him to excel. Most of Diggs’s receptions this year were smaller gains. Not a lot of big gaining plays. And definitely ignored in far too many games. 

I stopped reading at trade Josh, who still is the best QB in the league but this offense relies too much on him. We need a better line and better WRs and this offense is rolling again.

Trading diggs would be dumb, we need more good WRs not less.

Also need to play tighter defense and not let every team roll down the field until we figure it out, cant give up easy touchdowns to the good teams

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I stopped reading at trade Josh, who still is the best QB in the league but this offense relies too much on him. We need a better line and better WRs and this offense is rolling again.

Trading diggs would be dumb, we need more good WRs not less.

Also need to play tighter defense and not let every team roll down the field until we figure it out, cant give up easy touchdowns to the good teams

In 2023, if you’re in the playoffs you should have a good to great offense.  

On defense you should much rather be good with them scoring quick on a deep shot depending what’s going on in the game - at least you are aggressive - at least it didn’t take too much time - you get the ball back quicker.  And you answer back.  

It’s the philosophy.  Philosophy on defense has to change.  We can still play a 2 deep shell at times or be willing to let them dink and dunk - but against  accurate QBS it is literally the worst defense to play and that’s why the Bengals were confident they would expose us.  

Ravens play elite man coverage and get after the QB.  

I think that’s how defenses want to play.  

Edited by Big Blitz

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Davis is a potential trade piece - could see trading Davis and the 27th to move up to snag a WR we like.  

Then trade a 2nd for Hopkins.  

We’ll have the money because I’m not resigning Poyer or Oliver.   

Btw I’m not saying I would do that but I’m listening and looking.  

It’s not the draft compensation for Hopkins that’s the problem it’s the salary. I don’t care how much the salary cap goes up. We don’t have the money to go after high price free agents.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

In 2023, if you’re in the playoffs you should have a good to great offense.  

On defense you should much rather be good with them scoring quick on a deep shot depending what’s going on in the game - at least you are aggressive - at least it didn’t take too much time - you get the ball back quicker.  And you answer back.  

It’s the philosophy.  Philosophy on defense has to change.  We can still play a 2 deep shell at times or be willing to let them dink and dunk - but against  accurate QBS it is literally the worst defense to play and that’s why the Bengals were confident they would expose us.  

Ravens play elite man coverage and get after the QB.  

I think that’s how defenses want to play.  

i agree 100% the defensive philosophy is WAY TOO PASSIVE.

i want Schwartz back but i believe he just went to Detroit, but hopefully Frazier goes and we get a more aggressive system in here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

We could also trade Allen to Bears for Fields and their #1 pick and next years 1st. 😂

Yes let's trade Allen and Diggs for a bunch of draft picks and hope we strike gold again and likely come nowhere close to what we already have 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

that is if you dump him. You trade it goes to the next team. Now Unless diggs wants out I am not with this but, his cap will follow him

No, we still carry dead cap if we trade him.  Amount depends on if it's a pre-June 1 or post-June 1 designated trade.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol. wtf

I would've loved to have had Pacheco and McKinnon in Buffalo's backfield yesterday. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.