Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

Edited by ChicagoRic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 14
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 25
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 5

Joe D (probably was Nate Geary) was overboard on the post game show.

Allen isn’t perfect, but the 2nd pick wasn’t his fault entirely.

He makes a lot of things happen, Dorsey has to remember not abandon the run in the second half. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 11

Picks weren’t on him.  

Fumble was.. gotta eat that. 

Me personally, just check it down once in a while.  Even if it’s just a designed check down to keep the chains moving and keep the opposing defense honest.

You want to launch another laser after we get 7-8 yards on a 2nd and 5 when we need a small semblance of momentum/possession.. have at it.   

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 22
  • Dislike 1

He needs to fix the mistakes and not press. The deep pick and the handoff to Cook that josh should have kept were big mistakes. Tbh, he needs to relearn how to take checkdowns. It ok to take 5 yards a pop. That will open up the intermediate and deep game and negate the blitz

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

I just caught a Shirley Temple some big guy just threw out a window.  Lemme offer it to you.

More than one thing can be true.  It can be true that Josh made fantastic plays that won us the game, and also plays that could have cost us the game.  I actually don’t think either of the INTs were on him - the one hit Bease in the chest, the other looked like a route mismatch and Romo seemed to think it was on Brown.

A fan can love Josh and admire his fantastic plays, and also want him to take a little “tune up” where he takes some of the easy underneath throws to move the chains and sustain a drive a bit more.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

The Dolphins defensive gameplan dictated that we throw the ball deep a lot. The problem is three deep throws bounced off the hands of Davis, Diggs, and Shakir, and on another one John Brown stopped running his route and it got picked. That's too many missed opportunities. We honestly should have scored like 50 points in this game and that's only because of Allen's arm talent.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 17

17 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I stopped going on Reddit for the very reason that every thread is a critique of others fandom or a take on someone else’s take. Sad to see it come to this forum to roost. 

The way it works is largest mouth is getting most attention and some just follow the mob,

Bills-Mob.png

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I just caught a Shirley Temple some big guy just threw out a window.  Lemme offer it to you.

More than one thing can be true.  It can be true that Josh made fantastic plays that won us the game, and also plays that could have cost us the game.  I actually don’t think either of the INTs were on him - the one hit Bease in the chest, the other looked like a route mismatch and Romo seemed to think it was on Brown.

A fan can love Josh and admire his fantastic plays, and also want him to take a little “tune up” where he takes some of the easy underneath throws to move the chains and sustain a drive a bit more.  

I agree, neither ints were on him. I still don't understand what Brown was doing. Good to get the wrinkles out in a win though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

JA will get us to the playoffs every year. I’m not concerned about that.

But the ante is upped in the playoffs. JA has to be better than Burrow and Mahomes now. The bar isn’t set at Skylar Thompson and Tyler Huntley.

Allen had a critical turnover that gave Miami 7 points. Same mistakes could cost us against the best competition.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I had a pretty good view of a lot of this game and idk if today was different or what but I just did not see these ‘open receivers underneath’ everyone talks about lol. The dolphins defense played a heck of a game with a big assist from the refs just deciding not to call 95% of the holds.

they were clogging up the middle and single covering the outside receivers for a lot of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He needs to fix the mistakes and not press. The deep pick and the handoff to Cook that josh should have kept were big mistakes. Tbh, he needs to relearn how to take checkdowns. It ok to take 5 yards a pop. That will open up the intermediate and deep game and negate the blitz

I didn’t really see too many missed checkdowns this particular game honestly. Not sure if that’s just me though lol Miami was committing on all the underneath stuff and forcing us to go deep hoping josh wouldn’t have time to set up on the deep throws

I see more McDermott and Dorsey attacks than Josh Allen attacks. It's just insecure fans who can't handle a little adversity in a football game.

If something goes wrong, even something small, the sky is falling and they need to find someone to blame. Since Allen is so loved, that means they need to blame the coaches.

But why even need to grab pitchforks, folks? Just embrace the good and the bad and see how far this team can go. Dust off your pitchforks when we are eliminated, if you must.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

But the ante is upped in the playoffs. JA has to be better than Burrow and Mahomes now. The bar isn’t set at Skylar Thompson and Tyler Huntley.

Allen had a critical turnover that gave Miami 7 points. Same mistakes could cost us against the best competition.

I’m not sure who else is pulling that defensive gameplan off on the afc side of the playoffs at least.  of course those other teams offenses are going to move the ball more easily than Miami did today though. 

Miami has been wildly underperforming but they have a ton of talent on the defensive side especially up front.  Jaelan Phillips/Christian Wilkins/Bradley chubb up front is pretty brutal then they’ve got Melvin Ingram who they can rotate in.  

missing link for them has been Xavien Howard playing hurt but he looked pretty healthy today.  Kc’s entire front 7  is one guy and the bengals don’t seem to be getting a lot of push up front lately either 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Josh does things no other QB can do, but ball security is still an issue for him. The thing that just kills me is that he almost never wraps up the ball or puts 2 hands on it when he takes off with it. That's on the coaches. I'd make him run laps every time he takes off while carrying the ball at arm's length with 1 hand. I'm not suggesting this as punishment by any means. I just think someone needs drive that point home so it becomes a habit. It's one thing to hold the ball up when you're looking to pass it, but once you decide to run you need to squeeze it against your body. I know Josh will always throw more picks than other top tier QB's and maybe he can clean that up a little, but there's no excuse for many of those fumbles. It's just sloppy ball handling. He needs to play a much cleaner game against Cincinnati or our season will end in the divisional round again. They won't let us get away with so much sloppy play. The OL needs to step up too.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That was not playoff or prime time Josh vs Miami. That was I don’t think this team can beat us so it’s air it out put in a show time.

I don't think that was it at all. Allen just follows his reads. Most defenses don't play us like the Dolphins did today, they were in feast or famine mode on every play so our offense matched that style. If Allen's read tells him to take the deep shot against cover 0 then that is what he's going to do. I saw a next gen stat that said he threw 11 deep balls against the blitz today. 4 were completed. 3 of those by my recollection hit the receiver's hands before hitting the ground. If just 2 of those were instead caught we probably score 10-14 more points. I don't think Allen was putting on a show. He was making the throw that the coverage told him to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think that was it at all. Allen just follows his reads. Most defenses don't play us like the Dolphins did today, they were in feast or famine mode on every play so our offense matched that style. If Allen's read tells him to take the deep shot against cover 0 then that is what he's going to do. I saw a next gen stat that said he threw 11 deep balls against the blitz today. 4 were completed. 3 of those by my recollection hit the receiver's hands before hitting the ground. If just 2 of those were instead caught we probably score 10-14 more points. I don't think Allen was putting on a show. He was making the throw that the coverage told him to.

He was making the throw the Dolphins wanted him to make.

Dont get me wrong he was on target most of the time down field but the shorter stuff would’ve been there as well. Typically we’d see the crossers vs zero. For whatever reason we didn’t hit them. That’s actually a route McKenzie does well, maybe since he wasn’t playing they just went away from it.

Watched Favre have a few games like that for 20 years.  

Only one I put on him today is the fumble.  That was horrendous.  But those things happen when you believe like Favre did that you can do literally whatever you want on the field.   

He was overall outstanding today against a very hungry and angry defense that he keeps lighting up.  

Fun fact - THREE of our 5 WRs today - one is a rookie that hardly plays and the other 2 just rejoined the team a month ago.   

Josh Allen continues to do more and asked to do more with less then any QB.  

Really sick of hearing about Burrow in the conversation as an MVP when you have 2 of the 15 best WRs in the league - and Joe Mixon.  When one of Chase or Higgins has been out Burrow isn't the same.  Gabe Davis isn’t Tee Higgins - yet (told y’all the breakout might be a year too soon he was so raw as a rookie).     

And really sick of hearing any of our fans even sweat it at this point honestly.  Let them argue their tiers and power rankings.  Nit pick over INTs.  All Allen has done is win since the last 6 games of his rookie season.  

And I love that he takes accountability for the mistakes - he doesn’t make any excuses or quantifies them like I just did.  He owns them. Then he credits everyone else.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was making the throw the Dolphins wanted him to make.

That's how progressions work... People say "take what the defense gives you" without understanding what it means. Today the Dolphins gave us deep throws. I'm not disappointed that we took the available throws, I'm disappointed that 3 on-target deep passes hit the ground.

Dorsey would be wise to put in some more blitz beating concepts when we face the Dolphins specifically because this is how they play us, but we're not likely to face anything nearly that aggressive the rest of the way through. And you can see why - the Dolphins strategy should have cost them close to 50 points. That isn't really a sustainable strategy and we didn't have the wrong counter, it's just that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's how progressions work... People say "take what the defense gives you" without understanding what it means. Today the Dolphins gave us deep throws. I'm not disappointed that we took the available throws, I'm disappointed that 3 on-target deep passes hit the ground.

Dorsey would be wise to put in some more blitz beating concepts when we face the Dolphins specifically because this is how they play us, but we're not likely to face anything nearly that aggressive the rest of the way through. And you can see why - the Dolphins strategy should have cost them close to 50 points. That isn't really a sustainable strategy and we didn't have the wrong counter, it's just that we shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

We’ve played Miami’s cover zero many times. We’ve never attacked it like that. Yes the deep shot will be there but we aren’t built for those 1v1 go balls. 

Again Allen was pretty much on target but we’ve faced that defense many times. If the plan was chuck it deep vs cover zero then it was a terrible plan. 

We will see better what was going on watching it back but I shook my head every time he launched it. In cover zero everyone is 1v1 so saying progressions is incorrect. That’s a pre-snap decision. So the question I have is was that a game plan decision (Dorsey) or was it Allen. I think it was Allen.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That was not playoff or prime time Josh vs Miami. That was I don’t think this team can beat us so it’s air it out put in a show time.

Vs the Bengals we will see a more controlled Josh Allen.

Agreed. I actually think the Bills didn’t show a lot today because they are hiding things for Cincy and KC. It almost came back to bite them today though. I think Beasley is going to be a much bigger part of the offensive game plan next week vs Cincy. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The Dolphins defensive gameplan dictated that we throw the ball deep a lot. The problem is three deep throws bounced off the hands of Davis, Diggs, and Shakir, and on another one John Brown stopped running his route and it got picked. That's too many missed opportunities. We honestly should have scored like 50 points in this game and that's only because of Allen's arm talent.

Yep.

You forgot the TD to Knox if we're just focusing on WR ***** ups... and I guess also Beasley not catching a ball or getting a holding or DPI call.

And I realize those passes aren't part of the point you were making.

I said to my buddy we went back in time for this game because our WR corps was our 2020 WR corps plus Shakir. That's not a good thing at this point.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen was also the reason we won. 

Did you watch Burrow tonight? He really wasn't any better

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.