Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

45 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Bills offensive approach is high risk, high reward.  And suddenly Allen seems to have lost the ability to pick the right spots to take the risky play.  I hate to use the word "problem" because even with all the turnovers and execution miscues, they still managed to put up 34 points.  I'm speculating here because I don't personally know either person, but to me the concern is the impact Dorsey is having on Josh.  Not just from a play calling standpoint but from an emotional and mental view in game preparation and play.  Dorsey by all observations is an emotional person.  Do you want your OC to be more jacked-up emotionally than your QB?  I think the difference between last year's Josh and this year's Josh is Daboll was an anchor keeping Josh level and focused while Dosey is a balloon lifting him off to a point where emotion takes over thinking.

Sorry I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I think your premise and statements about Dorsey are unfounded and pure speculation. Now if you want to criticize his play calling I can get aboard on that. But to infer Dorsey is a jacked up and not emotionally ready based on one incident is kind of not right. But you are entitled to your opinion. 

7 hours ago, cwater10 said:

If they are looking to give up 30 - 50 points, then great.  Study that tape!

Well, don’t lose perspective. If you told the blitz happy Chiefs they could get 7 sacks, 3 turnovers, and a TD on defense if they modeled the scheme Miami played, they’d take it in a heartbeat. As we know the KC offense is nothing like the Skylar led Dolphins that couldn’t sustain a drive, so there’s no way the Bills would have time to score 34 against that team.

51 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It can be a grey issue instead of black and white. 

you don’t try to turn favre into brees or Bree’s into favre but you can work on softening either one’s pain points (picking a random gunslinger and a random dink and dunker)

There is too much absolutes in some folks that see any critique as folks hating on Allen.

There is a reasonable middle ground. Particularly when I recall being such a staunch advocate of Allen from the get-go and giving him time to be coached up.

If anything critique of Allen is driven more by fans desperately wanting him and the team to succeed and for Allen not to take so many unnecessary hits.

Those that see the amazing things only Allen can do, also can recognize that there are often high percentage throws he needs to take more often over lower percentage heaves.

That is where I think Dorsey needs to be better at finding ways to reign that behavior in to get Allen to work the sticks and use his outlet options more often.

Mahomes does that well, just the shovels and dumps to his outlets that keeps him from getting decleated and keeps the chains moving.

Problem is that I think Dorsey may be just as stubbornly aggressive as Allen.

There are also things he can clean up around taking care of the ball... not mishandling snaps and protecting the ball better when scrambling than he did yesterday.

Was wagging it around one handed like he stole a purse :)

Allen is my QB, I will always back him, but I can still respect a player and think there are ways they can improve their game.

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

At the end of the day, Josh is a 26 year old kid with the weight of the world on his shoulders and they are just turning him loose and saying go win us this game. It's not fair to him. He needs to play in more structure than just do whatever you can to get a first down.

The Dolphins ran almost all man-to-man and brought a lot of cover zero blitzes. That's why Josh was just throwing it deep play after play. They weren't calling the right man beater plays. If someone is coming at me with man to man and blitzes I'm hitting quick slants and screen passes to the RB. We heard how James Cook is this amazing receiver and they don't even throw him the ball. If it's man to man then put him on a LB and let him smoke him. What LB is keeping up with someone who runs a 4.3? Same with Hines. They have the players so it's just bad play calling 

Josh was scrambling. At that point you abandon the play and just try and get open. That's why they have to play in more structure. You can't have one guy scrambling around thinking he can chuck it deep when the other guy isn't even thinking he's going to throw it to him 

You keep using this lame excuse about the WR may have thought Josh wasn't throwing to him. Brown is a pro, on a team playing in a playoff game, if that's what happened, that's 100% on Brown. I love how you're coming to Brown's defense, but not our best player....agenda much?

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Well, don’t lose perspective. If you told the blitz happy Chiefs they could get 7 sacks, 3 turnovers, and a TD on defense if they modeled the scheme Miami played, they’d take it in a heartbeat. As we know the KC offense is nothing like the Skylar led Dolphins that couldn’t sustain a drive, so there’s no way the Bills would have time to score 34 against that team.

Simply not true. Miami has the players on defense to do this and it's been their defensive scheme for a few years now. The Chiefs would get their backsides handed to them if they tried this.😂 Their secondary would be toast going one on one vs the Bills WRs. I remember they left Gabe and Diggs one on one a couple times in KC earlier this year and it resulted in tds.

Please God, I beg of you, please let KC run the zero blitze scheme against us as often as Miami does. Pretty please with sugar on top.😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Bills offensive approach is high risk, high reward.  And suddenly Allen seems to have lost the ability to pick the right spots to take the risky play.  I hate to use the word "problem" because even with all the turnovers and execution miscues, they still managed to put up 34 points.  I'm speculating here because I don't personally know either person, but to me the concern is the impact Dorsey is having on Josh.  Not just from a play calling standpoint but from an emotional and mental view in game preparation and play.  Dorsey by all observations is an emotional person.  Do you want your OC to be more jacked-up emotionally than your QB?  I think the difference between last year's Josh and this year's Josh is Daboll was an anchor keeping Josh level and focused while Dosey is a balloon lifting him off to a point where emotion takes over thinking.

Daboll literally had to move up to the booth because he was awful on the sidelines and realized it wasn’t going to work for him or Josh. If you watch Giants games he loses his ***** frequently. Here’s a quote from Derek Anderson around when Daboll moved up to the booth. 

For years, Anderson tried to convince Daboll to call games from the booth instead of the sideline. In Anderson’s mind, coaching from that perch had multiple benefits. Daboll could see the game unfold, but it also distanced him from the emotionally charged setting down below. “He’s just such a competitor on the sidelines,” Anderson said. “It’s hard for him to kind of take a break in between series and be like ‘OK, that series is over with. This is what we’re going to do next. When he’s in the box he can’t get too caught up in those emotions. It makes the communication easier and then it keeps him away from the chaos a little bit and keeps his head clear.”

The irony about this, is he didn’t really feel comfortable about moving up to the booth UNTIL WE HIRED KEN DORSEY. Yes, that’s right. Ken Dorsey spent multiple years on the sideline as the guy to relay information from Daboll and help keep Josh grounded. 

When the Bills hired quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey in 2019, Daboll was finally able to relinquish control and move to the booth. And Buffalo’s offense has reaped the rewards.

I actually really liked Daboll when he was here, but the rose colored glasses people are wearing with the guy now that he’s gone are weird. 

https://theathletic.com/2324003/2021/01/15/brian-daboll-bills-coaching/?source=user_shared_article

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Daboll literally had to move up to the booth because he was awful on the sidelines and realized it wasn’t going to work for him or Josh. If you watch Giants games he loses his ***** frequently. Here’s a quote from Derek Anderson around when Daboll moved up to the booth. 

For years, Anderson tried to convince Daboll to call games from the booth instead of the sideline. In Anderson’s mind, coaching from that perch had multiple benefits. Daboll could see the game unfold, but it also distanced him from the emotionally charged setting down below. “He’s just such a competitor on the sidelines,” Anderson said. “It’s hard for him to kind of take a break in between series and be like ‘OK, that series is over with. This is what we’re going to do next. When he’s in the box he can’t get too caught up in those emotions. It makes the communication easier and then it keeps him away from the chaos a little bit and keeps his head clear.”

The irony about this, is he didn’t really feel comfortable about moving up to the booth UNTIL WE HIRED KEN DORSEY. Yes, that’s right. Ken Dorsey spent multiple years on the sideline as the guy to relay information from Daboll and help keep Josh grounded. 

When the Bills hired quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey in 2019, Daboll was finally able to relinquish control and move to the booth. And Buffalo’s offense has reaped the rewards.

I actually really liked Daboll when he was here, but the rose colored glasses people are wearing with the guy now that he’s gone are weird. 

https://theathletic.com/2324003/2021/01/15/brian-daboll-bills-coaching/?source=user_shared_article

A lot of it is mis-remembering the last few games + playoff games as the season. The offense is better or as good this year in almost every metric. It looks different but its the same. Many ups and downs. I tend to think its Josh and his 2020 season is more of the abnormal, these last two are normal. But Im also fine with that because we win a lot. 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll was 100% the calming influence that encouraged Josh the value of the checkdown (years 3 & 4), to go with the occassional bomb. Now sugar Josh & Dorsey are all in on fly route city.  Never saw Brady, Montana or Manning rely on this strategy. It's super fun and exciting to watch but in order to win a SB and minimize turnovers,  it's not sustainable. 

This is a bit of an overreaction to one game that was dictating to us to throw deep or hope our WRs not named Diggs can get separation on the quick stuff - do we have more videos of perhaps on the downs Josh was sacked no one had separation?

Plus, the other QBs could not throw the ball 80 yards.   

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

there was zero reason to launch the ball 50 yards on low percentage tosses when blitzed or when Josh is running around on a broken play.   every play should have short, medium, and long concepts.    i dont know if it was Josh and his inner hero ball coming out again,  but it sucked.    Josh could have run much more than he did yesterday,  but for some reason was launching bombs all over the place.

Yeah here's a great example of the kind of play you're referring to:

It's 3rd and long. Davis is WIDE open in the flat and could probably make it to the 1st down marker. Instead Allen throws a low percentage deep pass to another WR in single coverage.

I assume you think he made the incorrect throw here?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, jletha said:

A lot of it is mis-remembering the last few games + playoff games as the season. The offense is better or as good this year in almost every metric. It looks different but its the same. Many ups and downs. I tend to think its Josh and his 2020 season is more of the abnormal, these last two are normal. But Im also fine with that because we win a lot. 

We are also still learning the Josh has a LOT of ups and downs to his play. 

He's not going to be like Brady or Rodgers or Bries in their primes.  With Josh, you have to take the good and the bad, it's absolutely a part of who he is.

And then you just hope the good outweighs the bad enough to win a championship.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Simply not true. Miami has the players on defense to do this and it's been their defensive scheme for a few years now. The Chiefs would get their backsides handed to them if they tried this.😂 Their secondary would be toast going one on one vs the Bills WRs. I remember they left Gabe and Diggs one on one a couple times in KC earlier this year and it resulted in tds.

Please God, I beg of you, please let KC run the zero blitze scheme against us as often as Miami does. Pretty please with sugar on top.😂😂

You’ll probably get a lot of eye rolls on this one because nobody wants to give division rivals any credit but there’s definitely truth to it.  Miami and pit are both real tough defenses up front and people were talkin like either opponent would’ve been a walk in the park:  Miami is loaded with talent on the defensive side they have just been underperforming in the secondary most of the year despite Kohou lookin like a steal.

Xavien Howard played most of the season banged up 

chiefs whole front 7 is pretty much one guy…miamis got 3 guys that can hurt you rushing the passer 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I think Spagnuolo will do the opposite of what Miami did.

34 points given up and it could've been 50.

Well, I said before it was effective in getting sacks (7), turnovers (3), and a defensive TD. The Bills don’t score 34 if the opposing offense can sustain drives and we know the Chiefs can. If you tell Spags he can get the sacks and turnovers Miami produced I guarantee he’d take them. You can play a boom or bust defense if your offense is a threat every time they touch the ball. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's 3rd and long. Davis is WIDE open in the flat and could probably make it to the 1st down marker. Instead Allen throws a low percentage deep pass to another WR in single coverage.

I said this earlier but the lower percentage/higher variance deep throws, the resultant low comp% and the potential INTs, the general high risk high reward ethos...these are features of the offense not bugs.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I didn’t realize this was sarcasm at first and almost went off haha.  People are carrying over their criticism from previous games and it just isn’t relevant to this Miami game imo.  If you’ve got a guy in single coverage with two steps on his man,  you throw him the ball every single time.  I don’t care what team/qb you’re talking about.  What are the odds you put together 60 yards of dink and dunk plays against that Miami front 7 compared to the odds of hitting a pass like that. 

that’s a presnap read/automatic throw every time and Miami was giving that to us all game…we just didn’t hit on enough of them to make it comfortable.  Game plan wise that was a 20+ point win but the execution was terrible with drops/overthrows/receivers losing the ball in the air/receivers getting hit with the ball and it getting picked.  Things could’ve gone wrong on underneath throws just as easily and the reward is nowhere near as high 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billykay said:

Watch it. No politics allowed.

If anyone is injecting politics it is you.

Bills fans with pitchforks and torches has nothing to do with politics.

Some just want to tear down and rebuild the Bills no matter what they do whether it is build a new stadium without a dome, sign or not sign a player, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You’ll probably get a lot of eye rolls on this one because nobody wants to give division rivals any credit but there’s definitely truth to it.  Miami and pit are both real tough defenses up front and people were talkin like either opponent would’ve been a walk in the park:  Miami is loaded with talent on the defensive side they have just been underperforming in the secondary most of the year despite Kohou lookin like a steal.

Xavien Howard played most of the season banged up 

chiefs whole front 7 is pretty much one guy…miamis got 3 guys that can hurt you rushing the passer 

I agree. That's why I was begging for KC to try and play Miami's scheme all game. I think we would put up more than we did yesterday. Especially if it's the AFCCG, where we would be playing in a Dome stadium. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I said this earlier but the lower percentage/higher variance deep throws, the resultant low comp% and the potential INTs, the general high risk high reward ethos...these are features of the offense not bugs.

Is it even high risk if you’re going to err on the side of overthrows like we were doing?  Throwing short passes in a collapsing pocket is just as dangerous if not more so. 

I mean if we were talking about jump balls down the field that’s a different story,  but our receivers were winning one on ones down the sideline all game long

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Well, I said before it was effective in getting sacks (7), turnovers (3), and a defensive TD. The Bills don’t score 34 if the opposing offense can sustain drives and we know the Chiefs can. If you tell Spags he can get the sacks and turnovers Miami produced I guarantee he’d take them. You can play a boom or bust defense if your offense is a threat every time they touch the ball. 

Some teams don't change their defense no matter who they're playing.

The Bills are also a threat to score on every play.

Spags might be on vacation starting next week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Some just want to tear down and rebuild the Bills no matter what they do whether it is build a new stadium without a dome, sign or not sign a player, etc. 

Just

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Just a little sarcasm, Lime. Relax, I agree with you.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Supposedly @ ~15% make ability... That was the lowest ever thrown by Josh and caught by his reciever... Lowest in Josh's career!

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is it even high risk if you’re going to err on the side of overthrows like we were doing?  Throwing short passes in a collapsing pocket is just as dangerous if not more so. 

I mean if we were talking about jump balls down the field that’s a different story,  but our receivers were winning one on ones down the sideline all game long

That plus the benefit of potential DPI

I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree. That's why I was begging for KC to try and play Miami's scheme all game. I think we would put up more than we did yesterday. Especially if it's the AFCCG, where we would be playing in a Dome stadium. 

Nobody is going to duplicate that game plan lol it’s pretty much suicide but it was also Miami’s only chance…so much went right for them and they still gave up 34.  It’s pretty much the polar opposite of how I’d play the bills…people are talkin about how we only run deep go routes…then wouldn’t you just play two safeties over the top all game long to take that away?  Why would you let your dbs get beat one on one down the sideline with no help all game long.  

we were a couple inches from scoring 50+

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That plus the benefit of potential DPI

I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea

I don’t get how it’s not everyone’s cup of tea haha that’s what I’ve been trying to figure out 🤣. Those underneath throws are not just free yards especially when your guys are getting jammed and the pocket is collapsing.  They could get tipped,they could go through the receivers hands, etc. 

if your guys are winning single coverage go routes that’s a throw you just have to make.  

In past games josh has been going deep into tight windows and that I certainly wouldn’t endorse but an open go route?  Give me that every time.  I hope every team tries to model the Miami defense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Supposedly @ ~15% make ability... That was the lowest ever thrown by Josh and caught by his reciever... Lowest in Josh's career!

Where’s all the advanced data that says that’s the lowest percentage throw by Josh ever caught?

I’ve definitely seen more improbable throws over 5 years

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NUT said:

Josh Allen regression is all over YouTube today. Nick Wright lovin it.

Let them keep thinkin it lol give us the outside single coverage/ blitz heavy defense every game 

I still don’t even get it though…those two picks really weren’t on him..  the fumble was but he’s certainly not the first good qb to fumble a football 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where’s all the advanced data that says that’s the lowest percentage throw by Josh ever caught?

I’ve definitely seen more improbable throws over 5 years

Yeah. Not sure what article I caught it.

What do you mean? Just improbable throws OR improbable throws and catches.

The one Shakir caught seemed more improbable! BUT maybe that was underground. Maybe he was going for Smoke further down field and pass stalled on him?

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Nobody is going to duplicate that game plan lol it’s pretty much suicide but it was also Miami’s only chance…so much went right for them and they still gave up 34.  It’s pretty much the polar opposite of how I’d play the bills…people are talkin about how we only run deep go routes…then wouldn’t you just play two safeties over the top all game long to take that away?  Why would you let your dbs get beat one on one down the sideline with no help all game long.  

we were a couple inches from scoring 50+

Yep. Making Buffalo sustain long drives to score is definitely the best defense against them. I would also play zone vs man to man.  I'm always amazed when teams try blitzing alot or primarily playing man to man. Josh usually tears that up. Make them work for it and see if Josh will get impatient. That or our online gives up a sack or gets a holding call. 

A couple plays go differently and we do put 50 yesterday. Everyone wants to point to the turnovers and rightfully so, bit there were at least 2-3 big drops, Shakir's being the biggest.

O

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t get how it’s not everyone’s cup of tea haha that’s what I’ve been trying to figure out 🤣. Those underneath throws are not just free yards especially when your guys are getting jammed and the pocket is collapsing.  They could get tipped,they could go through the receivers hands, etc. 

if your guys are winning single coverage go routes that’s a throw you just have to make.  

In past games josh has been going deep into tight windows and that I certainly wouldn’t endorse but an open go route?  Give me that every time.  I hope every team tries to do that 

When folks say he does not take the layups, that is not just a single game assessment. 

That is Cover 1 breakdowns, Coselle breakdowns of film, its analyst across the board looking at tape where Allen has ignored wide open chip shots for low percentage plays that do not always pan out especially with this year's RZ turnovers.

Its an area of his game that needs work to force defenses to defend more of the field and it is an exploitable weakness in defenses that key on Allen when he leaves the pocket.

I love the play yesterday to Cook for the TD. I know it was an RPO, but the way the D-line player ran right by Cook to wrap up Allen shows just how much defenses key on Allen and ignore the other weapons on our offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah. Not sure what article I caught it.

What do you mean? Just improbable throws OR improbable throws and catches.

The one Shakir caught seemed more improbable! BUT maybe that was underground. Maybe he was going for Smoke further down field and pass stalled on him?

I mean probably both

Josh Allen was literally throwing a ball out of the back of the Endzone in the playoffs last year that Dawson Knox caught

I think that’s more improbable than the Shakir catch which is a really really good NFL coach… But not as improbable as Dawson catching a throwaway Almost 9-10 feet in the air and getting 2 In in bounds 

I think the scramble and the throw and Knox climbing the ladder and getting 2 in bounds is more improbable when you put it all together 

though live at the game my jaw was dropped when shakir made the grab

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Here's another example from the 4th quarter with a different result:

The ball hits Davis's hands and bounces into the air where he then has a 2nd chance to come down with the ball. Incomplete.

So I guess my question is, is Allen not supposed to throw that ball because he doesn't trust Davis to catch it? If not then what is the difference between this play and the last one I posted other than the fact that Diggs came down with his but Davis didn't come down with his?

On both plays Allen sees his receiver with a step on his man in coverage and no safety help. That's a pre-defined read that he is always going to take. Do people in this thread really think he's just launching bombs again and again because he feels like it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The ball hits Davis's hands and bounces into the air where he then has a 2nd chance to come down with the ball. Incomplete.

So I guess my question is, is Allen not supposed to throw that ball because he doesn't trust Davis to catch it? If not then what is the difference between this play and the last one I posted other than the fact that Diggs came down with his but Davis didn't come down with his?

On both plays Allen sees his receiver with a step on his man in coverage and no safety help. That's a pre-defined read that he is always going to take. Do people in this thread really think he's just launching bombs again and again because he feels like it?

To answer your last question first- it seems like yes tbh

In this offense Allen's reads are deep to shallow. So when he sees cover 1 and the safety come down on the shallow cross the rule is hit the deep go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But the pundits on TV are screaming check it down. Lets go ahead and do that. Then they all will be b!tchin that we have Herbert 2.0. 

29 minutes ago, WideNine said:

O

When folks say he does not take the layups, that is not just a single game assessment. 

That is Cover 1 breakdowns, Coselle breakdowns of film, its analyst across the board looking at tape where Allen has ignored wide open chip shots for low percentage plays that do not always pan out especially with this year's RZ turnovers.

Its an area of his game that needs work to force defenses to defend more of the field and it is an exploitable weakness in defenses that key on Allen when he leaves the pocket.

I love the play yesterday to Cook for the TD. I know it was an RPO, but the way the D-line player ran right by Cook to wrap up Allen shows just how much defenses key on Allen and ignore the other weapons on our offense.

I’m strictly talking about yesterdays game…if cover 1 comes out and says ‘he shouldn’t be throwing to open go routes’ I will be shocked.  Those ARE layups for huge gains.  These were not often risky downfield jump balls like in weeks past…there was one of those to diggs that was a ridiculous throw that hit him right in the hands somehow.  Lots of the shots were wide open go routes though…most notably the back to back to Davis that everyone complained about 

im not trying to say the criticism from previous games is false im just trying to say it doesn’t track with what happened yesterday. Miami basically inverted the formula against the bills that’s been employed all season long so the thing he’s previously been accused of doing too much of became the recipe for success imo.  

Miami was gambling that their dbs could jam long enough for the pass rush to get home and the results were pretty mixed…they were lucky to not give up a buttload more points lol

I think any type of advanced play analysis from yesterdays game is going to be a lot more josh friendly than the posts here are making it sound but we’ll see.  If you don’t want your qb taking deep sideline shots against cover 1 press you need a new qb.  Trying to thread the needle deep into cover 2 like he’s done sometimes is a completely different situation 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

In this offense Allen's reads are deep to shallow. So when he sees cover 1 and the safety come down on the shallow cross the rule is hit the deep go.

Perfect, succinct explanation.

Even better:  he has the arm to hit anybody, anywhere.

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m strictly talking about yesterdays game…if cover 1 comes out and says ‘he shouldn’t be throwing to open go routes’ I will be shocked.  Those ARE layups for huge gains.  These were not often risky downfield jump balls like in weeks past…there was one of those to diggs that was a ridiculous throw that hit him right in the hands somehow.  Lots of the shots were wide open go routes though…most notably the back to back to Davis that everyone complained about 

im not trying to say the criticism from previous games is false im just trying to say it doesn’t track with what happened yesterday. Miami basically inverted the formula against the bills that’s been employed all season long so the thing he’s previously been accused of doing too much of became the recipe for success imo.  

Miami was gambling that their dbs could jam long enough for the pass rush to get home and the results were pretty mixed…they were lucky to not give up a buttload more points lol

I think any type of advanced play analysis from yesterdays game is going to be a lot more josh friendly than the posts here are making it sound but we’ll see.  If you don’t want your qb taking deep sideline shots against cover 1 press you need a new qb 

Yesterday's game is a tough one to assess. 

Miami went full out yolo taking their chances with the blitzes.

They are decent at stopping the run, but I would have liked to have seen a few more power gap runs with Cook against that.

If they are sending the house, it could slow the rush a bit and if he breaks free from that first wave of Blitzers then goodbye.

Other than that, I would want to take a longer look at the game and avoid the knee-jerk.

That fumble at the start of the 2nd half... give some credit to Miami for a well-timed corner blitz.

Josh just needs to be aware of where he is at on the field and the likelihood that Miami may bring that pressure from the slot and our offense needs to have some effective hot routes for Allen to hit quickly in those situations.

Or he can quickly throw it away, or turtle up and take the sack, anything but a fumble on the doorstep.

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Josh Allen regression is all over YouTube today. Nick Wright lovin it.

I don't agree with Nick Wright very often but his analysis of Josh here is pretty spot on and enough to have me worried that our window isn't as wide open as we thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.