Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

On 1/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, Mango said:

He'll have 10 days. I don't want Marlowe starting if he doesn't have to vs the Bengals. 

If Hyde feels good and he has full medical clearance with zero risk of injury to his spine, I want him out there. 

According to SI:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/12/2022-nfl-playoffs-preview-super-bowl-chances-chiefs-eagles

X-factor: Micah Hyde. We’ve all, rightly, talked about Hamlin from a human standpoint for the past week. There’s a football element to this, too, though. Hamlin had been the replacement for the injured Hyde, who, along with Jordan Poyer, has made the safety position a bedrock for the Bills since Sean McDermott was hired in 2017. So with Hamlin out, getting Hyde back—he just returned to practice Wednesday and won’t play in the wild-card round—at some point in the playoffs would be a pretty big boon for Buffalo.

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Taiwan Jones is the only untouchable on this roster—proven year over year! 🤷🏼‍♂️😀

Except when he wasn't and played for Houston between stints for Bills.

2011-2016 Raiders

2017-2018 Bills

2019  Texans

2020- Bills

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

If we beat Miami, I really think he’ll play in the next round. Hoping for the best. 

honestly even if just some mop up duty and a couple snaps, I’d love to see him get a game day routine in this week… dress, stretch, walk on the field and maybe even a tackle in this week to knock the dust off…. But health comes first 

• Like (+1) 1

Don't think I've seen this shared from a recent Buffalo News (paywall) article:

When Bills safety Micah Hyde went back last week to check in with a doctor, he came in with a big question.

“As soon as I walked in the room, we both just started laughing at each other,” Hyde said Wednesday. “Because he knew what I was trying to do, and I knew what he was going to say. So, we both just started laughing at each other, and I just said, ‘Let’s do it.’”

and then...

Offensive tackle Dion Dawkins watched for weeks as Hyde spoke a sped-up timeline into existence.

“Micah is so peaceful and he's so happy,” Dawkins said, “but seeing him progress, and Micah speaking about, 'First week of playoffs, I'm gonna be back out there,' and it's the first practice of playoffs and Micah is back out there. So, he put his mind to it, and he did it.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

On 1/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Thank you! I just recall seeing him pop off the screen in watching the games and really making a difference. 

And at the same time, I recall seeing a pass pop off his hands/pads and into the hands of a defender, and generally, the timing of the passing offense through him being off. Allen WAS 6/13 for 60 yards and a sub-50 catch % when targeting Crowder.

But...of those 6 completions in the 1st 4 games, FOUR (4) went for 1st downs. So 67% of the catches you saw Crowder make were chain-movers. Which I guess could color one's recollection. But after week one, it was NOT pretty in weeks 2-4 before the WR ultimately got hurt. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2023 at 7:15 PM, dreadlox said:

According to lineups.com Crowder played 18 snaps(31%], 19(28%, 45(49%}, and 11(17%} in his four games this season. 

His yards/target fell off an effing cliff from game 1 to game 4 (his unfortunate injury): 7>8>3>1.75

His yardage: 28>16>9>7

His 1st downs: 3>0>0>0

Any recollections of Crowder's effectiveness this season, which some fans harbor, come from the first game in which the Bills eventually overcame self-inflicted wounds to defeat a below-average opponent. Crowder nabbed all three of his first down receptions for the year in that game (4 catches total).

However, Allen was 3/9 over the next three games when targeting Crowder, for 32 yards. And definitely responsible for 1 INT. That's a passer rating of 5.09 (or 27.72 for all four games). No bueno. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I just think about how they handled Tre White. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the full 21 day window and Hyde didn't play until the Super Bowl. I don't know if we would get there without him though

How they handled White?

That was White’s decision when he took the field.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I just think about how they handled Tre White. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the full 21 day window and Hyde didn't play until the Super Bowl. I don't know if we would get there without him though

Different injuries, different players, different situations 

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think Hyde plays next week

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

• Process changed the title to Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened UPDATE Hyde out WC and Divisional
  • Process changed the title to Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

i keep coming back to this: 

Micah Hyde walked into his doctor’s office last week for a check-up on his rehabilitation progress for the neck injury that was supposed to end his season. When his doctor walked in, the two men started to laugh because Hyde had been pushing the pace of his rehab ever since he learned there was some hope for a 2022 return. “He knew what I was trying to do and I knew what he was going to say,” Hyde said with a smile.

this seemed to be a pretty big tell that the doctor wasn't ultimately going to clear him in real time. now it seems like it's more the case after this latest news. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.