Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

That'll get Jackson to sign for sure. 

Ravens and dumpster diving for WRs, name a more iconic duo. 

Agholor is so strange-  he was meh in Philly, then he was dam good for the raiders the year before he went to NE to fall off a cliff.

18 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Can you please send me a link showing Arizona only wants a day 3 pick for Hopkins?

Thanks in advance!

It was a back in this thread a few pages.  The feeling is that they are trading him for a salary dumb and the compensation should be similar to cooks to Dallas.  I should have said day 3 picks.  No way to know its true.  That trade just seems like a lot.  Getting rid of Oliver's cap hit would help with Dhop's salary though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, we might actually owe JJ a thank you if Beane can pull this off.

Prior to Cooks signing and what it cost Dallas, I don't think there's really any way we would've been interested given AZ's asking price.

Jets and to a degree Miami are driving our offseason, beat way to get to the playoffs is win your division. Both of those teams have good defenses and good secondaries, need more than diggs at wr. The additional benefit is that it also helps us against KC and Cin...

It's like Sean said you may have to look at position and group value based on your cap numbers and reallocate where you need it.

Keep josh upright and give him time get a bigbtarget who can hit all 3 levels and open diggs back up.  

If the jets stuck with Wilson and didn't sign Lazard etc, we might not even be going this this big imo....

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agholor is so strange-  he was meh in Philly, then he was dam good for the raiders the year before he went to NE to fall off a cliff.

NE the place wrs go to disappear 

25 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

How bout this?

ARI gets: 103 (CHI) & 137 (BUF) 

BUF gets: Hopkins

CHI gets: Oliver & Basham 

I like it! I think Arizona would do that, I think Chi might do that just depends on how they view Oliver and Basham in their defense. I don’t know why we don’t see more three team deals in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All he really excels at is running go routes.  There's a place for that in an offense but he shouldn't be your #2 guy.

(Wait, am I still talking about Agholor or did I start talking about Gabe Davis?)

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He got me for $500

Ouch. $500 that you’ll never get back. I can’t believe some previously rich sports star suckered people into paying him money. To this day boggles my mind. I really need a 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra. All my friends have toy cars to drive in the summertime. Maybe I should start a go fund me because I should be able to drive a Mustang too. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Jets and to a degree Miami are driving our offseason, beat way to get to the playoffs is win your division. Both of those teams have good defenses and good secondaries, need more than diggs at wr. The additional benefit is that it also helps us against KC and Cin...

It's like Sean said you may have to look at position and group value based on your cap numbers and reallocate where you need it.

Keep josh upright and give him time get a bigbtarget who can hit all 3 levels and open diggs back up.  

If the jets stuck with Wilson and didn't sign Lazard etc, we might not even be going this this big imo....

Yeah, and keeping DHop off KC's roster is just a giant bonus.

As has already been said, the roof of TBD would be on fire if the Chiefs picked him up.  Kelce and DHop?  Yuck.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffBills51 said:

The longer this drags on the less confident that I am this will happen. Seems like every year we have a player that is rumored to be coming to Buffalo and we have a huge thread and then it ends up being nothing.

Then it will be weeks of crying and moaning about how Beane doesn’t want to win blah blah

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

only on a 2 year restructured team friendly deal,   and only if giving up late round picks.   other than that,  no.

of course team friendly, for the right price, don't want to overpay, we should kick the tires. Hope he has culture and is a process guy too

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

The longer this drags on the less confident that I am this will happen. Seems like every year we have a player that is rumored to be coming to Buffalo and we have a huge thread and then it ends up being nothing.

But it usually doesn't have this much teeth to it. It's usually reported by a few people and then dies off quickly. This seems as legit as possible. It's literally being reported everywhere and hasn't stopped

3 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I dont think its nothing. Brandon Bean talks to a lot of teams and players. Just because nothing ever comes of it does not mean it was nothing.

3 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

Probably correct. Always seems to be the case. When something like this happens we never win. The guy will end up going to some place for much more money even though they are a non contender. The Raiders come to mind in a case like this. 

but….. this isn’t FA. This is a trade. Could be different 

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Then it will be weeks of crying and moaning about how Beane doesn’t want to win blah blah

For me it'll be more about how Beane overvalues and overestimates the players he currently has in the building.  

If you don't shore up the WR room, the conversation to the draft basically becomes "Well we have to grab a WR round 1, right?" 

4 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Me thinks Dhop to the Bills might be dying a quiet death int the world outside TBD. Fire away.

Not if you're on Twitter it's not.  It's still as hot as ever. I would say even hotter today than yesterday.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

For me it'll be more about how Beane overvalues and overestimates the players he currently has in the building.  

If you don't shore up the WR room, the conversation to the draft basically becomes "Well we have to grab a WR round 1, right?" 

No.  There’s plenty of good to great WRs currently in the league drafted after round 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Don’t believe it’s any team or teams per sé but rather the two bolded points in general. Fixing the OLine to the standards KC, Philly, Cinci and Detroit have done (big ticket FAs and/or high draft picks over multiple years) is a tough task and not possible to what they want. There are Two to Four (depending on how you look at it) pieces on the OLine that can be upgraded. Tough task to fix in one year. 

Josh improves other players. Time to start helping him and the longevity of his career. An all-pro WR is a substantially quicker fix for the “Win now” consensus. 

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

No.  There’s plenty of good to great WRs currently in the league drafted after round 1

While certainly true, you never really know that at the time as far as what they will turn into.

While I prefer to also draft a WR (not preferrably in the first round) the Bills are in the win now mode and adding DHop instantly makes our WR corp one of the best in football.

Just now, GolfandBills said:

Yes, but the further and further you get out of round 1 the less and less certain it becomes that you can get a contributor that will make a splash now.  

The window is now and the division has gotten better and better.  

Thoughts on how this could work...

Ed Oliver and R3P28 to AZ for DHop and R5P33

Both players agree to new deals as part of the trade.  Ed gets paid a bit.

For DHop, Bills guarantee the existing base salaries for this year and next and add two years to DHop's deal.  The two year addition would be $10M in guaranteed money and $10M in salary to the existing deal.  This brings DHop's total comp to $54.315M with $44M guaranteed for the next 4 years - salaries are vet min in 2023, Vet Min in 2024, $2.5M in 2025, $7.5M in 2026.  Gaining 2 years at essentially $10M per year is the concession DHop makes to play for a championship the next 4 years.  Bills take a risk in committing $18M+in cap space in 2026 to a 34 year old receiver....

Bills gain the cap space by trading Oliver to absorb the new DHop deal this year.  It worsens the cap situation for next year but its going to do that no matter what the Bills do if they want to make the deal.  This likely means losing Gabe Davis next year...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, psuscott16 said:

Thanks. Yeah I dunno maybe I’d alter my initial post’s trade proposal a bit, but Hopkins netting a couple 3rd round picks isn’t crazy. Not sure 205 from the Bills would do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am back, went to Duffs and he wasn't there....:blush:

Watch the acid reflux this afternoon....keep the Maalox handy.  Are there any brothels in Buffalo or Fort Erie that can sweeten the Bills offer?

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1