Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

6 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Seeing Hopkins for a 2nd round pick and conditional draft pick...unsure the cap hit but this would be a fantastic addition. 

That's a no brainer. 

That means you're not re-signing Edmunds and Poyer, but this might be your last best chance to make a run with a 30 year old Diggs. 

Bills were going to use at least one draft pick on WR anyways. Might as well keep your first, use your second, trade Oliver to replace the conditional pick you have to give. 

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he isn't chasing a massive contract, get it done. Beane's 2nd round picks have not been good anyways. Use this one on a player you already know is great.

No brainer for the Bills. 

Diggs is 30. 

You're running out of years in his prime, let alone Diggs' patience with the organization. 

If you're not going to pay Tremaine or Poyer, this is a no brainer to try and swing. 

A 2nd Round Pick? 

The Bills 2nds have been largely awful my entire life. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he isn't chasing a massive contract, get it done. Beane's 2nd round picks have not been good anyways. Use this one on a player you already know is great.

Yes sir! Do it and then draft a couple O lineman early 🥳 

On 3/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Bateman might be available today 

Would love to make that happen.  I wonder what he’d cost.  2 years left + his 5th year

option.  I’d do it for a 4th 💯 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Can we please go the youth route for receiver? Take that 2nd and draft a receiver.

Team is ready to win now. 

Pieces (Edmunds, Poyer) are already being nibbled off the roster. 

Diggs aging. 

Our 2nd Round picks have historically been absolutely awful (yes Thurman 9,000 years ago). 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Can we please go the youth route for receiver? Take that 2nd and draft a receiver.

The late 2nd has been a wasteland for receivers lately. There's always a run on them between picks 33 and 50. It's a valuable position so you aren't going to get a steal that easily. So would you take Hopkins for 2-3 years with a fairly large cap hit, or a cost controlled random player with likely a 3rd round grade for 4 years? I'll take the known product in that scenario.

I've always been a huge fan of Hopkins if the ball is near him the dude is just money & he's not all about his ego taking over after he makes a big catch he lets his play do the talking that is one thing i've always loved about the guy he seems very humble but knows he can perform when needed .

He would be a great get for sure but the cap will say a lot about what Beane can actually do unless he could get him to sign a extension then something like that might work .

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I’m a big fan of young and cheap. The super tricky part is who and when. With young guys you’re not sure if they can play. Vets have a different question: what do they have left in the tank. 

I'm pretty against investing more cap dollars on skill players.  The Pats (I know, I know) set the blueprint. They only went for one bigtime receiver while Brady was there, and notably, that did not yield a Lombardi.

Build the line. If Allen has time - he can get the ball to anyone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Success said:

I'm pretty against investing more cap dollars on skill players.  The Pats (I know, I know) set the blueprint. They only went for one bigtime receiver while Brady was there, and notably, that did not yield a Lombardi.

They have to be able to catch it though right?  Getting open is another plus. Gabes catch % last year was atrocious.   Do the Chiefs win the superbowl without Kelce, the best TE in the league?  They may not have a stud wr right now but they have a few solid #2s imo.

We need 1 more weapon imo.  Don't care what/where.  Improve the line and get 1 more guy.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

They have to be able to catch it though right?  Getting open is another plus. Gabes catch % last year was atrocious.   Do the Chiefs win the superbowl without Kelce, the best TE in the league?  They may not have a stud wr right now but they have a few solid #2s imo.

We need 1 more weapon imo.  Don't care what/where.  Improve the line and get 1 more guy.

I don't disagree w/ a lot of that. They can't be JAG's.  I also think Davis had a bad year, probably due to the injury, and still believe he can be a good receiver for us.

If we invest in a WR, I'd prefer to see it in the draft.  I see a few mocks w/ us going WR in the 1st, which wouldn't bother me (as long as 2 of the next 3 are O-line).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I don't disagree w/ a lot of that. They can't be JAG's.  I also think Davis had a bad year, probably due to the injury, and still believe he can be a good receiver for us.

If we invest in a WR, I'd prefer to see it in the draft.  I see a few mocks w/ us going WR in the 1st, which wouldn't bother me (as long as 2 of the next 3 are O-line).

I’d like to think my elbow injury is why I can’t run for ***** but it’s unrealistic. Gabes ankle had nothing to do with him dropping ***** passes. 

Edited by BananaB

5 hours ago, Success said:

I see your point the problem is even if Josh gets time the guys he throws to drop the ball at an alarmingly high rate. Adding another high end receiver and te isn’t a bad plan. 

Someone needs to contact Brandon Beane and say

"Hey, wanna play Hopkinsscotch?"

"Hippity Hopkins, Brandon"

"Wanna go bar Hopkins?"

"It's only a Hopkins, skip and a jump away, Brandon"

"Let's Hopkins to it"

Edited by Buffalo03

7 hours ago, Success said:

He can get the ball to anyone. But will they catch it? Gabe Davis only caught 51% of his targets last season. McKenzie was at 65% before he was benched. That's a lot of drops. 

We only have Diggs, Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie under contract next season. And McKenzie is more likely than not going to be released. Last season proved that we can't just have Diggs and Davis and a bunch of slots. We need more playmakers. Beane is the first to say it.

I'm not in disagreement with you that we need O-Line improvements. But I do disagree with the idea that the O-Line is going to fix all the passing game's problems. Especially when we have holes to fill there beyond needing improvements.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

DO IT.  Arizona can retain salary and we can extend him a year or two to make it work. 

Ian tweeting this leads me to believe he'll be traded this afternoon. 

Would love to know how interested we are 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

6 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

With all the recent WR signings and upcoming draft, only way I see us in on a Hopkins trade would be if we’re shipping Gabe their way.  And I don’t really see there being mutual interest in that, let alone taking on Hopkins salary.

really depends what they want.  Based on the Cooks trade, I'll guess that a 3rd and a 4th in separate years is pretty close

I'd give them our 2024 2nd if they eat a big chunk of his salary 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

really depends what they want.  Based on the Cooks trade, I'll guess that a 3rd and a 4th in separate years is pretty close

I'd give them our 2024 2nd if they eat a big chunk of his salary 

I just don’t see the team spending a lot of assets on an older (albeit a HOFer) WR, trying to squeeze him into the current WR room, rather than look to draft a younger more affordable WR in the draft.  Diggs has been great, but age will likely start to catch up to him in the next few years.  Davis could be gone after this year.  The team needs to start finding longer term WR weapons for Josh.