Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

It's the right idea. Beane should be laser focused on getting another elite WR in Buffalo. 

Getting another legitimate #1 WR in here. 

Crystalizes the depth chart. 

But what do the Cardinals want?

They got him for a 2nd and David Johnson. 

A single 2nd Round pick? Intriguing, we've taken Ford, Epenesa, Basham, Cook. 

But he wants a new deal, and that's probably the killer. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is a dumb move by the Cardinals if they want to help Murray, BUT if there's a rift between Hopkins and Kyler, then I get it.

Talent is always welcome, but Hopkins doesn't seem like a good fit here in this offense.  He'd be great in KC, however. 🫠

It’s not a dumb move by the Cardinals. They have to eat dead cap next season and rebuild with as many draft picks as possible. Murray will miss a month+ so next season, with a new coach, is already a crapshoot. Phoenix media speculating Hopkins will not want to stick around for a rebuild into his 30s and request a trade himself.

Edited by Airseven

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think it's a little too reckless, personally.

Diggs was seen as a good receiver, a potential #1, before he got here. He hadn't made a pro bowl. Now he is seen as a truly elite #1 receiver.

Find someone like the pre-Bills Diggs. Someone who clearly has potential, but hasn't realized it fully yet.

DJ Chark of the Lions. With Amon and their high draft pick Williams healthy next season, Chark could be expendable. The dude is legit if he stays healthy. I think he’s an UFA. 26 yrs old. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1

After the last few seasons you’d think Hopkins would just want to have fun and win while playing with an illegal QB and alongside Diggs. 

but he’s going to be too expensive.  Lots of cap and some of our highest draft picks. We’d lose Edmonds and Poyer or Oliver while not have many picks or cap to add their replacements or OL.  We could be unstoppable on o, if the OL holds up and he stays healthy and is a culture fit.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is a dumb move by the Cardinals if they want to help Murray, BUT if there's a rift between Hopkins and Kyler, then I get it.

Talent is always welcome, but Hopkins doesn't seem like a good fit here in this offense.  He'd be great in KC, however. 🫠

There might be quite a few there that may have a rift with Murray. Some of the things that's been said makes it seem like it anyway

10 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Trenton Simpson

A rookie.  You expect a rookie MLB to come in and not lose anything on the field.  Good luck there.   He could be available when the Bills pick likely barring a SB appearance.  One of the scouting reports I read on him said this:

There may be a lag in development before we see his best version in the pros but I would expect Simpson is a plus starter in due time

Doesn't sound like expecting him to be the starter him next year will help the team.

Who knows they may have to this way if they don't resign Edmunds, but not sure it helps them all that much short term.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

I worry about paying a soon to be 31 receiver. He is great though.

He’s not going to be cheap and as you point out he’ll be 31.  You know he’ll want $20 mil per year and a multi year deal.  I don’t see Beane pulling that trigger.  If he was 27, then probably yes, but he’s not 27.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

After the last few seasons you’d think Hopkins would just want to have fun and win while playing with an illegal QB and alongside Diggs. 

but he’s going to be too expensive.  Lots of cap and some of our highest draft picks. We’d lose Edmonds and Poyer or Oliver while not have many picks or cap to add their replacements or OL.  We could be unstoppable on o, if the OL holds up and he stays healthy and is a culture fit.  

I agree with this. I want him to come because I know he would be great for Josh and if he would stick with his two year $34 million contract I think we could make it work even if we had to lose Oliver because of it. I think Edmunds and Poyer may stick around because Beane is a magician.

I love the idea of grabbing a guy in the draft but that’s more of a crapshoot because we’re not the Pittsburgh Steelers with our wide receiver evaluations. I also think that we need to invest most of our draft capital in the offensive line because it’s too hard to find really good lineman in free agency.

Remember he has a no trade clause in his contract so he can pick the team so at the end of the day if we can get DeAndre Hopkins to buy into our culture and not want a massive new contract and it would only cost us a third round pick I say let’s do it and then spend our first and second rounders on offensive lineman

Edited by NeverOutNick

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Diggs was a #1 WR when he got here.  Judging from Pro Bowl appearances is pretty lame.  

He was seen as a #1 but not an elite, top 5 receiver in the league. He had two 1,000 yard seasons and was a deep threat for Minnesota. There was speculation that he could do more in a different offense and with a different QB, and that proved to be correct.

Since coming to Buffalo he has been among the league leaders in yardage, has 2 seasons of 10+ TD's (he had zero in Minnesota), made the pro bowl all 3 years, and was first team all-pro once.

His success in Buffalo has surpassed anyone's wildest dreams of what he could be. He was a good WR before coming here. Now he is top tier elite.

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, WMDman said:

id rather draft somebody

I'd do both. Not necessarily Hopkins. They have to seriously take under consideration that Davis isn't the answer at WR2 and didn't work out as they had hoped.

Drafting a WR late in the first round, given 6 were taken by pick 20 last year, might not produce a game ready guy either.

A legit WR2 might have to come via trade or FA.  

9 hours ago, bobobonators said:

DJ Chark of the Lions. With Amon and their high draft pick Williams healthy next season, Chark could be expendable. The dude is legit if he stays healthy. I think he’s an UFA. 26 yrs old. 

Good name. I also look at Jakobi Meyers and think he could be a lot better in a real offense with a real QB throwing to him. He is also a free agent.

• Agree 2