We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Winning matters but I won’t go as far as to hope for injuries. Whoever shows up to play for Miami, I’d like the Bills to just kick their a@@es. We have not played our best football in a long time… it’s time to crank it up!

I'm not advocating a serious injury for either. But I wouldn't mind a twisted ankle that keeps them out of the game. Perhaps that's shallow and or unethical. My point is I just want a Bills win. A loss would be very disturbing for me. The rest of the playoffs won't be the same. I'd probably watch them in a pi$$ed off mood. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Angry 1

51 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

thanks man.

Looks like Brad Allen’s crew officiated one Bills game this season - our win @ Arrowhead.

Bills were flagged 7 times for 35 yards, Chiefs 5 times for 58 yards.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/brad-allen?year=2022&view=week

No problem! You probably know this already, but the playoff crews are mixed all-star crews, so it won't be Allen's whole team. Here are the full assignments:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/nfl-assigns-officiating-crews-for-the-wild-card-playoffs/

refs.jpg

Two user comments from the article:

"January 9, 2023 at 11:00 pm

Adrian Hill offul and Alex Kemp offul all the others are good officials I think Brad deserves a championship or superbowl hes been great this season"

"January 10, 2023 at 3:42 pm

okay- so why is brad allen getting a wild card buffalo game for the 3rd year in a row?"

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I thought it was 4? 

When?

Had one undocumented incident that most bystanders believe was probably a concussion vs Buffalo

One in Cinncinnati next week, looked very bad

One undetected during the game that resulted in symptoms the following week

That makes 2 documented concussions?

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay. Well that gives him more chance. 

What I saw from McDaniel was ambiguous.  He said "he's sweating" which would put him in either Stage 2 or 3.

Either way, he can clear by the end of the week if he's actually recovered. 

Missing 2 games suggests he had some persistent symptoms, so it may not be a slam dunk that stepping up his activity will have no effect - on the other hand, QB wear red "no contact" jerseys at practice, so he'll go through Stage 5 without actually experiencing contact

Interesting times.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

thanks man.

Looks like Brad Allen’s crew officiated one Bills game this season - our win @ Arrowhead.

Bills were flagged 7 times for 35 yards, Chiefs 5 times for 58 yards.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/brad-allen?year=2022&view=week

That was actually an interesting game, penalty-wise.  Pretty fair, I thought.

He actually flagged Travis Kelce for Offensive Pass Interference.  Which I thought he fully deserved, but you seldom see it called.

Called a lot of defensive holding on both teams.

Other thing of note was ineligible man downfield called 2x (once on each team).  Bills need to sharpen up on that.

Oh, and while I was looking: @GunnerBill, to your point about needing to stop the opponent 4x.  We got two INTs and forced 3 punts, plus a missed FG.  Were stopped 5x ourselves: fumble, 2 punts, twice on downs.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When?

Had one undocumented incident that most bystanders believe was probably a concussion vs Buffalo

One in Cinncinnati next week, looked very bad

One undetected during the game that resulted in symptoms the following week

That makes 2 documented concussions?

What I saw from McDaniel was ambiguous.  He said "he's sweating" which would put him in either Stage 2 or 3.

Either way, he can clear by the end of the week if he's actually recovered. 

Missing 2 games suggests he had some persistent symptoms, so it may not be a slam dunk that stepping up his activity will have no effect - on the other hand, QB wear red "no contact" jerseys at practice, so he'll go through Stage 5 without actually experiencing contact

Interesting times.

Concusion or not, is there ever going to be a situation where a team in the playoffs is going to allow contact with their QB in practices?  I mean not even playoffs...regular season. What team is allowing their $250 million franchise player to get hit?

If there is, the head coach needs to immediately be fired for being an absolute idiot.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Concusion or not, is there ever going to be a situation where a team in the playoffs is going to allow contact with their QB in practices? 

If there is, the head coach needs to immediately be fired for being an absolute idiot.

Did I say there were going to be such a situation? 

My point is that for a QB, the NFL concussion protocol can't function quite as it's designed to function - where the player takes a bit of contact and then rests to see if any symptoms develop. 

You're correct that placing the QB "off limits" in practice only makes sense, but it also limits the value of the protocol in testing whether the player is ready for a game.

2 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

People really joking about wishing for injuries after everything we've experienced this season. I hope all you fake bills fans/trolls find peace and move on cause that ***** is pathetic and really I'm not even mad just feel sad for you. (Cam)

Just ignore that BS don’t engage it.

Edited by rusty shackleford
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

If he's medically cleared, I hope he plays and Mostert as well. Otherwise, we'd hear all off season how lucky we were to beat them with Skylar at QB and Mostert out.

Like others were damn lucky playing us when we were missing 50/60% of the defense and with Josh’s elbow in pain ? 

Com’on man… 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Did I say there were going to be such a situation? 

My point is that for a QB, the NFL concussion protocol can't function quite as it's designed to function - where the player takes a bit of contact and then rests to see if any symptoms develop. 

You're correct that placing the QB "off limits" in practice only makes sense, but it also limits the value of the protocol in testing whether the player is ready for a game.

Yeah, it's an imperfect system but it is inherently so because concussions are in large part a subjective diagnosis...there is no way of legitimately knowing whether a player is truly concussion free or not. Sure there are telltale symptoms at times but many times there are not even tho the person may actually have a concussions which can be made worse with further hits.

They rely on baseline tests done in the offseason to compare their current tests to, but as players often have said, some attempt to do worse on their baseline tests to help mask things.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Tua hasn't even practiced and is in stage 2 or 3 of the protocol. He won't even be cleared to play by Sunday. 

He could be. If I was the doctor clearing him tho, I'd be holding a rosary and saying some Hail Mary's during the game praying he doesn't get another concussion on a basic looking hit.

That's more of the thing for me...the Bills hit and the Packers hit were not major hits...you see QBs get hit like that at least 3-4 times a game on each team and very few of them end up with concussions from it. Seemingly Tua's concussion threshold is far lower than other QBs in that it takes far less for him to get one than most other QBs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

People really joking about wishing for injuries after everything we've experienced this season. I hope all you fake bills fans/trolls find peace and move on cause that ***** is pathetic and really I'm not even mad just feel sad for you. (Cam)

Yeah, hope there's nobody serious about wanting any players to get injured. But even if joking after what we all witnessed with this team it shows a lack of character

Another factor in Tua playing or not is the spotlight on the Bills after Damar. Buffalo is the LAST team the NFL wants to see involved in another scary injury.

I can see Goodell and Troy Vincent telling Ross he better be damn sure Tua is okay before letting him play. Cause bad PR is something they hate, not because they're so worried about Tua's safety.

And yet, if they leave it up to Ross I have a feeling he sends Tua out there. It's just in keeping with his history of cheating, scummy behavior.

By the way, I ordered a "Did We Win?" t-shirt from Damar's Chasing M's site today, hoping it arrives in time for the game!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Seventeen said:

If he's medically cleared, I hope he plays and Mostert as well. Otherwise, we'd hear all off season how lucky we were to beat them with Skylar at QB and Mostert out.

After we heard for weeks that there were to be No Excuses about the game in Miami?

Eff that.  They don’t get to have it both ways. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I'm hoping Hill and Waddle get food poisoning Sunday morning and make a full recovery by Monday.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

You think Dolphin fans wish Hyde and Miller were playing?

4 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Just ignore that BS don’t engage it.

I don't think anyone is wishing for serious injuries. Minor ones are in play though. Tell me you would hate if Waddle and Hill limped off the field in the 1st quarter and were ruled out for the game. Sure it's sinister but we are at the point that winning is what matters. 

The miami  neurological medical staff better make the correct call on tuas'  readiness to play. The scrutiny on them is intense so I just hope they make the CORRECT call on that.

The Bills will play clean with no intent to injure but we all have seen it IS NFL football. NFL players  DO take their lives in their hands to play at the level intensity and speed they do. on the field. Noone wants him to be hurt

WE just want he and his fellow fish to be SQUISHED !~!~!!!!!

I scoff at their teal and tangerine dreams.

They're going DOWN on Sunday At Home? Book it.

GO BILLS!~!~!!!!

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Like others were damn lucky playing us when we were missing 50/60% of the defense and with Josh’s elbow in pain ? 

Com’on man… 

True but point is we're a far better team than them and should be able to whoop their butts, Tua or no Tua. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

I'm thinking of going to the game with my old man. Haven't been to one in years. He definitely can't stand for three straight hours. Does basically the whole stadium stand for the entire game or is that just certain sections?

For sure there will be a lot of standing in lower bowl.  We've been getting club seats last number of years when we take my Dad which sits for the most part (regular season games at least).  Other option is try to find something 1st row upper deck

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why does anyone care who plays for Miami?

What legitimacy do you need?  Just get a win.  

KC is playing exactly nobody this weekend. 

I would prefer their backup QB to play because objectively I think we would all agree that would give the bills a better chance to win lol.

But In saying that, Tua or not, the bills should win.

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine Tua will play. The Bills defense needs to have a good day rushing the passer. You know Tua will try and get the ball out quickly if he is pressured even a little bit or he will see the rush and turtle so he doesn't get hit. Also hope the Bills don't take it easy on him, if he's cleared to play by the medical and coaching staffs then that's on them. They can't lay off him because of his history, treat him as they would any other QB.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Completely agree with you NFL analysis.

Completely disagree with you Dolphin organization analysis.

The Dolphins already displayed how they care about winning over Tua's health. The owner cheated on trying to get Brady. The Flores scandal.  No way do I think the organization will do the right thing. 

The decision is not supposed to start with the Miami Dolphins.

It's supposed to start with independent neurologists, who need to first clear the player to play.

I agree that Miami will do everything in its power to get Tua on the field, even if it's risky for his long-term health.  And Tua has already stated he wants to play.  But will these doctors risk their careers over it?  With everything else going on with Tua, the Dolphins and now Damar Hamlin... you also have to believe the NFL will be watching this whole situation VERY closely.  They can't afford to look the other way and take the chance of another serious on-field incident.

Bottom line, I don't think the Miami coaching staff will have the ability to detour around the rules this time.  They already did that in Week 3 and got busted.  This time they have to go by the book.  Not because it's the right thing.  Because the risk of getting caught isn't worth the reward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

If Mostert can’t go it won’t matter who is QB for the Fins

Wilson is a pretty good RB, but it is huge that Mostert cant play (I am saying he can't play, not the doc's yet, but the dude just had surgery yesterday on a broken thumb...cant imagine a RB can play like that)

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Wilson is a pretty good RB, but it is huge that Mostert cant play (I am saying he can't play, not the doc's yet, but the dude just had surgery yesterday on a broken thumb...cant imagine a RB can play like that)

You’d be surprised what a playoff game does to players availability 

Question, do we know the last time a player had three concussions in one season? I believe Pickett had two this season. I've heard people say if you get three documented concussions in a CAREER you should think about retiring. This is three in one season.

It's not super common but we do hear about players getting two concussions in one season. Three is almost unheard of though.

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Question, do we know the last time a player had three concussions in one season? I believe Pickett had two this season. I've heard people say if you get three documented concussions in a CAREER you should think about retiring. This is three in one season.

It's not super common but we do hear about players getting two concussions in one season. Three is almost unheard of though.

Especially when 2 are very close together

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.