Clowney situation in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is, but not really thinking longer term than playoff depth 

He'll have a fit if he isn't made an immediate starter and treated like a hall of famer.

I don't know. I'm just not a fan. He doesn't have the temperament and work ethic to be on our team, in my opinion.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

For sure bring him in if he's available.  He's not great but we aren't getting much production from Boogie at this time.

I wonder what is going to happen with Sir Kingsley Jonathan as far as active status for the playoffs?

Does not compute 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could he ask for his release now and join a playoff team? He would need to be claimed  through waivers I believe but could be helpful with the loss of Von…

If he was released he'd be a FA

I'd take him for the playoffs. Def not next year though 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We rotate our DE's a lot.  We aren't getting great production there outside of Rosseau and Shaq in the run game.  I would think Clowney would give us more than Boogie at this point.

Our interior is good.  

Fair enough but your statement kinda looked like ;

“He sucks but I’ve heard of him so let’s bring him in “

I just found it humorous :)

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I'll take Shaq Lawson over Clowney 10 times on a Sunday!!

But would you take Boogie over him?  Clowney is the better player right now. 

If he were released, I’d at the very least, have a discussion with the coaches and players about him.  He might not be a McB fit….but playing for the Bills in the playoffs may be the stage he needs to show teams that he can still play and motivate him to be his best.  

could flop in our faces… but I’d rather have him than KC, Cinci, Mia, Balt or LAC.  He’s capable of making a few plays

2 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

If it wins the Lombardi for us I don’t care but knowing him he’d probably want a 1-2 game contract for 5 mil. 

If he was released and signed after sunday he wouldn't make anything from the Bills. Contracts are only paid during the Regular season. The NFL pays players in the playoffs and it's like 60k a game. Not sure if they could do a signing bonus.

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pick him up; could be fairly decent stand-in for Von in the playoff push.

Dump him at end of season if it doesn't work.

Speaking of Von, not sure what to make of it, and probably nothing, but I’ve noticed I have not seen or heard him at all this week. Just curious?

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.