Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Process said:

The status of his contract****

Lamar refusing to take a deal that would have paid him more money than Kyler Murray, and now not playing in huge late season games, tell me all I need to know if I'm the ravens. You already know you're likely never winning a Superbowl with him. Franchise and trade him in the off-season, IMO.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

why would they be rusty?

They haven’t played a full game in 2 weeks.. they didn’t even play a quarter on Monday.   I also bet practice was spotty UNTIL they receiver the good news. Mind you I still expect them blow the doors off my Pats. 

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

One issue with this is I think then there is a good chance Patriots come back the next week.  I don't see the Bill taking the foot off the gas at all for this game.

For those that remember the greatest comeback.  Same situation. The Oilers were in Buffalo to end the season, they had to win and get in, the Bills were banged up bad and played terrible, the Oilers smashed them.  Then came back the next week and continued the butt kicking for another half and beginning of the third before the Bills woke up.

I don't think you want to lose to the division rivals and have them have the perception you dont respect them and welcome them back the next week.   Get the highest seed possible to get a second home game!

I don’t see the Pats even if the Bills play a half.. our O down right stinks and our D is banged up in the secondary.. 

The NFL had a very difficult reality in front of them.  How to mitigate the inherent unfairness of two teams, very much Super Bowl contenders, with realistic chances (the Bills MUCH more than the Bengals) of earning the #1 seed, with the inability to actually do so with one less game played.

There is no way to please everyone or to make this “fair” to all teams involved.  And I am not criticizing what the NFL owners agreed to.  They are doing their best with a no-win situation.

I hope the Raiders do the AFC a favor and BEAT the Chiefs tomorrow.  And then the Bills beat NE (like everyone knows they will) and get the #1 seed fair and square.

KC getting the #1 seed is NOT “fair and square” and if they do, it will be clear that they did NOT “earn” it.  

They would have lost three games (same as the Bills) BUT...TWO of their losses are against the very teams that have had their chance to earn the same taken away by events that were unforeseen and unprecedented.

Despite all the obstacles and extreme challenges the Buffalo Bills have had to overcome this year, I suspect that they are the team of destiny, and will make this a fairy tale ending and host the Lombardi on Feb 12.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Loyal BF said:

The NFL had a very difficult reality in front of them.  How to mitigate the inherent unfairness of two teams, very much Super Bowl contenders, with realistic chances (the Bills MUCH more than the Bengals) of earning the #1 seed, with the inability to actually do so with one less game played.

There is no way to please everyone or to make this “fair” to all teams involved.  And I am not criticizing what the NFL owners agreed to.  They are doing their best with a no-win situation.

I hope the Raiders do the AFC a favor and BEAT the Chiefs tomorrow.  And then the Bills beat NE (like everyone knows they will) and get the #1 seed fair and square.

KC getting the #1 seed is NOT “fair and square” and if they do, it will be clear that they did NOT “earn” it.  

They would have lost three games (same as the Bills) BUT...TWO of their losses are against the very teams that have had their chance to earn the same taken away by events that were unforeseen and unprecedented.

Despite all the obstacles and extreme challenges the Buffalo Bills have had to overcome this year, I suspect that they are the team of destiny, and will make this a fairy tale ending and host the Lombardi on Feb 12.  

Playing DEVILS ADVOCATE. That still sticks it to the Bengals because if they had beaten you on Monday night and KC loses on Saturday they would be the #1 seed. Like you said no good way to do it. IMO they should have just stuck with the rule already on the books instead of letting their emotions get involved.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Loyal BF said:

Agreed, but I do feel the Bengals got shafted in some regards.  However, it still comes down to whoever plays the best, regardless of bye weeks, playing sites, coin flips, etc.

I think the Bengals will use it as motivation and I just hope it’s not a Cincy-Bills AFC Championship game. Tough to see either one lose when pitted against each other after all that’s happened. 

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t see the Pats even if the Bills play a half.. our O down right stinks and our D is banged up in the secondary.. 

The Pats have a top 5 defense, the GOAT coach, and they have played pretty much every team tough this year. Take away 2 bad plays (Raiders & Cincy), and a bad call (Minnesota), and they could easily be 11-5 right now.

The Bills secondary is also pretty banged up.  This game isn't a foregone conclusion.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Agreed, but I do feel the Bengals got shafted in some regards.  However, it still comes down to whoever plays the best, regardless of bye weeks, playing sites, coin flips, etc.

I think the Bengals will use it as motivation and I just hope it’s not a Cincy-Bills AFC Championship game. Tough to see either one lose when pitted against each other after all that’s happened. 

Cinci is a bunch of dirty cheap shot artists. Should it come down to Cinci and KC in the AFCCG I'll be rooting for the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Success said:

The Pats have a top 5 defense, the GOAT coach, and they have played pretty much every team tough this year. Take away 2 bad plays (Raiders & Cincy), and a bad call (Minnesota), and they could easily be 11-5 right now.

The Bills secondary is also pretty banged up.  This game isn't a foregone conclusion.

Didn't the Bills have two no punt games against the Pats defense. I get the "any given Sunday" scenario, but I would be shocked if the Bills lose.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Didn't the Bills have two no punt games against the Pats defense. I get the "any given Sunday" scenario, but I would be shocked if the Bills lose.

Division rivalries can be weird.  I know what you're saying, but I remember the Pats beating the Jets 45-3, then meeting again in the playoffs and losing to them.

We SHOULD win this game of course. But I'll never discount Belichick, or any given Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Only way that happens is if Bills get 1 seed

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Bengals-Bills in the divisional round is going to be tough sledding. 

You have to beat the best. It would be at home. Bengals got screwed. What did people expect here, a cakewalk to the superbowl? We would of had to beat KC and Bengals last year to make it too. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Agree 2

The real kicker is friggin kc ending up the #1 seed once again. Andy Reid probably getting his cheeseburgers ready. Would rather hand over the one seed to cincy than have kc get it again. god brought demar back, maybe he can work another miracle tomorrow and the raiders get a win. Kc never covers the spread and I feel like it’s going to be close either way

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

The real kicker is friggin kc ending up the #1 seed once again. Andy Reid probably getting his cheeseburgers ready. Would rather hand over the one seed to cincy than have kc get it again. god brought demar back, maybe he can work another miracle tomorrow and the raiders get a win. Kc never covers the spread and I feel like it’s going to be close either way

I think the Raiders/KC game is going to be close and a fun watch.

I can't wait for it, to be honest.

• Agree 4

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I think that on the Bills first play on defense, they should line up with only ten players, leaving Hamlin’s safety spot empty, then call a timeout to bring on the 11th player. I think that would be an awesome tribute for Hamlin!

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I think that on the Bills first play on defense, they should line up with only ten players, leaving Hamlin’s safety spot empty, then call a timeout to bring on the 11th player. I think that would be an awesome tribute for Hamlin!

Great idea and brings with it a question I've been afraid to ask...who steps in for Hamlin going forward?

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Redskins did that for Sean Taylor , it was actually against the Bills too. They ran the play though and Fred Jackson got a 15-20 yard run but he passed, RIP legend and Hamlin is still here and can have a great future.

I'm sure Buf has a few things planned in honor of Damar and the 1st responders

2 hours ago, Success said:

With the high emotion level and with the team super focused I expect a thorough beat down by the Bills.  I am also dreading when/if someone gets hurt in the game.. I think both teams will hold their breaths until that person gets up or gives a thumbs up.. (and that’s no matter which team it is on! I think both teams are praying and hoping this is the rare game where no one needs help getting off the  field.)

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

That was last year, and years don’t translate.  That said I am definitely expecting a spanking by the Bills this game.

If we are up like 21-0 by the end of first quarter, I would trust the D and begin resting starters. 

**Alternatively, if Baltimore is up 21-0 by the end of first quarter, and we are in a tight contest, I would risk resting starters and hoping Baltimore holds on. I would like to get NE in the postseason by any means necessary. 

**Obviously this is only if KC wins Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

If we are up like 21-0 by the end of first quarter, I would trust the D and begin resting starters. 

**Alternatively, if Baltimore is up 21-0 by the end of first quarter, and we are in a tight contest, I would risk resting starters and hoping Baltimore holds on. I would like to get NE in the postseason by any means necessary. 

No to the Baltimore up 21-0 scenario.  Cinci was down 17-0 to TB a couple of weeks ago.......TB>the current Ravens

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I have to believe with Damar in the ICU there is not going to be a lot of thought about resting players.

They are going to push to win this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.