Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

So as the game was canceled against Cincinnati, does that mean Beasley's elevation from the PS was null and void and he can be elevated for tomorrow?

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Seems right to me.  Patriots usually don’t get blown out and they have a lot to play for.  

They don't? The average acore including their win has been 29-15.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

So as the game was canceled against Cincinnati, does that mean Beasley's elevation from the PS was null and void and he can be elevated for tomorrow?

I haven’t seen this answered definitively but I believe as a no contest, that game was erased and never happened. So if that’s the case he should be eligible to be elevated 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t seen this answered definitively but I believe as a no contest, that game was erased and never happened. So if that’s the case he should be eligible to be elevated 

We will know shortly after 4pm though who was elevated for the game.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would too...mean since none of the stats are going to count I don't think anything else is going to either.

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Also, do all the stats from that game, such as Burrow’s TD pass or The FG by Bass just disappear, or count towards their career stats?

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

His 2 year comparison that they made was Trubisky.  Good luck with that 

Yes 

Have to believe this game was considered as the SNF flex option as win and in for Pats and we need to win for 1 or 2 seed too.  Also the emotional appeal of the team playing for Damar. 

Again an unfair comparison. Trubisky had a real and decent OC for 2 years and stunk. Mac had 1 his rookie year looked good, didn’t have one this year looks below average at best.. I am not saying he is good or bad just that we don’t know until he has 2 years with competent coaching. 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah you all complained about McDaniels last year too and blamed him.  I sat here and told you McDaniels was a top OC in this league and he is.  You do got one thing right... your staff situation this year is a big clown show.  Belichick was in charge of that clown show.

There is no one more experienced in seeing a mediocre QB then Bills fans.  Allen is our first franchise QB since Jim Kelly.  As I keep telling you, we all know what ***** looks like.  But go on.  Keep believing.  Keep believing that Jones is going to keep up with Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, etc.  All you'll have to do is build a team that takes up twice the cap space somehow.

We also regularly play the Pats.  This team knows that team and vice versa.  I dont really think they got much less practice this week than any other either.  May have been a bit more distracted but they still got the days in.

Umm Jones was decent for a rookie last year. He wasn’t lights out but he was ok..  Do you disagree that Patricia and Judge are not competent OC and have regressed the O even more? We could have Brady back there and the O still look horrid.  I’m not saying Jones is the answer but he is far from the biggest problem. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again an unfair comparison. Trubisky had a real and decent OC for 2 years and stunk. Mac had 1 his rookie year looked good, didn’t have one this year looks below average at best.. I am not saying he is good or bad just that we don’t know until he has 2 years with competent coaching. 

it’s hard to tell on Mac I think his arm is questionable but a lot of hate I think has been brought on himself with the dirty plays land how he acts arrogant and then pouts.

Even how he acted with his injury. 

I don’t think mac can be a top 10qb but I could see around 15ish. 

I will agree the OC situation is a joke so maybe if he was in a better spot with better playmakers he could see a jump 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

it’s hard to tell on Mac I think his arm is questionable but a lot of hate I think has been brought on himself with the dirty plays land how he acts arrogant and then pouts.

Even how he acted with his injury. 

I don’t think mac can be a top 10qb but I could see around 15ish. 

I will agree the OC situation is a joke so maybe if he was in a better spot with better playmakers he could see a jump 

I agree about his dirty plays. I don’t understand the one to Apple at all, I can believe he thought the ball was loose the week before and was going for it..  I also don’t think he is top 10 but top 15 if given good coaching and I don’t know an elite WR like a Jefferson, Diggs, or hey Kelce.. weird how ALL the elite WBs now have at least 1 elite WR.. I think Jones is better than Tua potentially… and look what Tua did with Waddle and Hill.. and Tua is no elite talent.. 

4 minutes ago, Process said:

This is so they don't have to add Cole to the 53 right? Playoffs he can stay on the PS and be called me unlimited times?

I thought with the cancellation last week we could call beasely up from here on out?

Maybe just keeping beasely fresh since McKenzie plays the pats* well?

Edited by NickelCity
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm Jones was decent for a rookie last year. He wasn’t lights out but he was ok..  Do you disagree that Patricia and Judge are not competent OC and have regressed the O even more? We could have Brady back there and the O still look horrid.  I’m not saying Jones is the answer but he is far from the biggest problem. 

If I start driving now, I’ll be there by noon-ish

Maybe you didnt read what I said.

You all complained and blamed McDaniels last season when he is a top OC in this league.

Yes, your staff is a clown show.  Thats on Belichick.  He is in charge of that.

Yes, Mac played well for a rookie.  That was probably close to his ceiling and its not good enough.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think the big disadvantage is the work that our guys normally put in on their own.  Players like Poyer and White and Jones and Oliver and Phillips and hopefully now Rousseau and Epenesa spend hours watching game film of the opponent, looking for anything that can give them an edge.  Same thing on offense.

Very hard to be focused and put that grind when you're shell-shocked and worried about your brother player. 

But transitioning to giddy with relief and joyful doesn't make focus any easier. 

We do play them, but teams still scout and self-scout for the latest tendencies.

All true but we just played them last month.  Its not like they change all that much.

I agree about his dirty plays. I don’t understand the one to Apple at all, I can believe he thought the ball was loose the week before and was going for it..  I also don’t think he is top 10 but top 15 if given good coaching and I don’t know an elite WR like a Jefferson, Diggs, or hey Kelce.. weird how ALL the elite WBs now have at least 1 elite WR.. I think Jones is better than Tua potentially… and look what Tua did with Waddle and Hill.. and Tua is no elite talent.. 

You might want to take a listen to Greg Cosell on OBL yesterday as he said that many of Jones problems are his own in making incorrect reads on  basic hi/lo or other combo routes.  Not coaching, scheme or surrounding cast

I got on 98.5 sports radio.

on air I said- “I listen all the time- and me and my fellow listeners are force fed this narrative over and over- Mac is so smart, Mac is so tough.  It’s like you are trying to sell me that Mac is tough.  Mike White fractured 5 ribs, came back and played later that game.  You don’t need to sell me Mike White is tough- that is obvious to everyone.  Mac had worst tackle attempt since Garo Yaparian.  Mac rolls ankle, he looks like he’s in a Saving Private Ryan scene.  Mac is tough not so obvious 

Zappe scored a 35 on Wonderlic- I know he’s sharp.  You don’t need to sell me Zappe is smart.  Mac takes stupid cheap shots, yells at coach’s, not so obvious that he’s smart”

Edited by Pete
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Greg Cosell said in an interview yesterday that he's looked over all the tape from the last 2 years and that Mac is not reading things right, not seeing wide open guys all season. Says the plays have been there, but he has been rarely looking in the right spots.

• Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I thought with the cancellation last week we could call beasely up from here on out?

Maybe just keeping beasely fresh since McKenzie plays the pats* well?

Beasley has played only 4 games this year.  How fresh does he need to be?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe you didnt read what I said.

You all complained and blamed McDaniels last season when he is a top OC in this league.

Yes, your staff is a clown show.  Thats on Belichick.  He is in charge of that.

Yes, Mac played well for a rookie.  That was probably close to his ceiling and its not good enough.

All true but we just played them last month.  Its not like they change all that much.

I never complained about McDaniels last year.. I do believe his resume was made because he had Brady as QB.. but I think he would agree.. I also don’t think we are so far apart about Jones, you THINK his rookie year was probably his ceiling, you could be right, and if we had competent OC we would definitely know 1 way or the other by now.  What I want is O’Brian as an OC and he comes in implements an Alabama style O and if Jones isn’t better or gets worse  we know you were right! :) 

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Greg Cosell said in an interview yesterday that he's looked over all the tape from the last 2 years and that Mac is not reading things right, not seeing wide open guys all season. Says the plays have been there, but he has been rarely looking in the right spots.

But Mac is so smart lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I hear that up here too, and most state that’s on coaching and film study. That was Jones strength at Alabama but this year he regressed.. the hole O did.  Besides where they will be drafting they won’t have a good shot get a great QB unless something weird happens.. I mean if Young slides to whatever number the Pats are drafting you take him but I doubt any good ones slide like that. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I hear that up here too, and most state that’s on coaching and film study. That was Jones strength at Alabama but this year he regressed.. the hole O did.  Besides where they will be drafting they won’t have a good shot get a great QB unless something weird happens.. I mean if Young slides to whatever number the Pats are drafting you take him but I doubt any good ones slide like that. 

His opinion was the complete opposite, he says it's not about the play calling or coaching, it's Mac has regressed. He was specifically talking about Matt Patricia though, maybe the QB coach then?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao he is, that doesn’t mean you see the field well if your more worried about your protection or unsure where the play calls for the ball to go.. 

If you’re “unsure where the play calls for the ball to go” wouldn’t that make you……dumb?

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His opinion was the complete opposite, he says it's not about the play calling or coaching, it's Mac has regressed. He was specifically talking about Matt Patricia though, maybe the QB coach then?

Qb coach is Judge.. also incompetent and never been a QB Coach. 

13 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If you’re “unsure where the play calls for the ball to go” wouldn’t that make you……dumb?

No, means the play was that poorly designed.  Maybe the open person was suppose be a decoy and never an option but the ones meant go to covered.. or like I said doesn’t feel he has time get to his third read.. he has shown glimpses of amazing accuracy and ok arm strength when he has time.. 

But needless to say he was the best option in his draft outside of the first pick.. and well the crazy trades for Wilson and Watson look like huge huge mistakes. They needed a QB they drafted the second best available that year and better than any from last years draft it seems too.. and they didn’t mortgage they future to trade for a supposed stud QB.  Point is Mac is the best option they have right now unless they somehow trade up get Young if he slips some.. 

53 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No, means the play was that poorly designed.  Maybe the open person was suppose be a decoy and never an option but the ones meant go to covered.. or like I said doesn’t feel he has time get to his third read.. he has shown glimpses of amazing accuracy and ok arm strength when he has time.. 

But needless to say he was the best option in his draft outside of the first pick.. and well the crazy trades for Wilson and Watson look like huge huge mistakes. They needed a QB they drafted the second best available that year and better than any from last years draft it seems too.. and they didn’t mortgage they future to trade for a supposed stud QB.  Point is Mac is the best option they have right now unless they somehow trade up get Young if he slips some.. 

No, Greg was talking about Mac not being able to read the defense, saying how the defense plays you determines where you go with the ball. He's not processing things correctly on the field.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:14 AM, scuba guy said:

Given the levity of the situation I think k once they get down to it practice mite help a little.

But given the brotherhood that they have shown it is going to hard to figure out what normal is.

you mean gravity  ?
But for sure scuba :) , its all new for everyone, Uncharted waters 😉
Go Bills

34 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No, Greg was talking about Mac not being able to read the defense, saying how the defense plays you determines where you go with the ball. He's not processing things correctly on the field.

Thats on Coaching , I would think ?

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:
38 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Thats on Coaching , I would think ?

Huh?   If the QB makes the wrong read and throws to wrong route, how is that on the coach?

Macorkle does not strike me as a humble, working hard to get better type btw. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.