Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I really think the Raiders have a chance to pull an upset. It’s their Super Bowl, it’s a rivalry game, they are as sick as any team of being dominated by KC.  I heard somewhere that KC-Mahomes is 15-0 on the road against the AFC West. They are due for a clunker or for some weird stuff to happen.

I think the Bills/Pats game will be for the 1 seed.

I'm not expecting Chiefs to lose but they've recently had to go to OT to beat Texans and beat the Broncos by 3. The Broncos put up 52 points on them over their 2 games in the last month.

The Raiders have shown a bit of fight the last month or so as well. They put 30 on the Patriots, beat the Chargers and gave 49ers a jolly good run for their money last week.

I think it'll be a lot closer than some are expecting if Raiders have the motivation to want to be disrupters. I'll certainly be tuning on on Saturday night. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Jets might be starting Flacco. White was limited in practice all week as those ribs are still bothering him.

So unless the Broncos or Raiders pull off upsets, the playoff picture is going to look like this with Steelers/Dolphins/Patriots switching in for the 7th seed. Although if the Patriots win and Bengals win we get kicked to 3rd seed and play the Ravens.

Really rooting for the Raiders tomorrow.

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

So unless the Broncos or Raiders pull off upsets, the playoff picture is going to look like this with Steelers/Dolphins/Patriots switching in for the 7th seed. Although if the Patriots win and Bengals win we get kicked to 3rd seed and play the Ravens.

Capture.JPG

If the Pats / Fins / Steelers / Jags all lose, the Jags are in as the #7 seed.

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture.JPG

Same. I will be cheering like crazy for the Raiders.

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture.JPG

Thanks for sharing it that way. So the Bengals and Ravens would play two weeks in a row in the same stadium. (And we thought it was wild when the Bills kept the same locker room in Detroit.) 

With that scenario I can see the Chargers beating Jax, to then go to KC and knock off KC. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing it that way. So the Bengals and Ravens would play two weeks in a row in the same stadium. (And we thought it was wild when the Bills kept the same locker room in Detroit.) 

With that scenario I can see the Chargers beating Jax, to then go to KC and knock off KC. 

Yes leaving us to take care of the Dolphins/Steelers/Patriots -> Bengals -> Chargers/Chiefs

If Lamar comes back I could also see the Ravens beating the Bengals so then it would go Dolphins/Steelers/Patriots -> Chargers -> Chief/Ravens

I know I am not giving the Jaguars much credit here but it keeps it simple to leave them out.

• Agree 1

Listening to Allen/McDermott/Morse/Jackson pressers, I was struck by the thought that the Sunday inactive list might be an eye opener.  Not everyone we are used to seeing might be emotionally ready to play.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Listening to Allen/McDermott/Morse/Jackson pressers, I was struck by the thought that the Sunday inactive list might be an eye opener.  Not everyone we are used to seeing might be emotionally ready to play.

With this morning's news of Hamlin breathing on his own and talking to teammates....perhaps everyone will be ready

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, wjag said:

I only see your starters playing a half of KC wins… play get the rust off and back into the swing of things then the backups go in..  

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only see your starters playing a half of KC wins… play get the rust off and back into the swing of things then the backups go in..  

Doubt that.  Because a loss and a Cincy win means we would have to go back to Cincinnati for any playoff matchup.  If we win, we’d host the Bengals.  

pretty sure the Bills don’t feel like going back to PayCor right now.  

now…. If it’s 41-0 at the half, then maybe. 

EDIT:  it was the logical thing to do IMO, but good on the NFL for not giving any of these teams an incentive to rest their starters.  KC has to win to get the 1 seed and the bye.  Buffalo has to win to have a chance at home field or neutral turf for the AFCCG, and to play the Bengals at home.  And the Bengals have to win in order to host the Ravens in the playoffs, among other things.

Any number of ways the Shield could have gone that would have incentivized the Chiefs, Bills, and perhaps even the Bengals to rest their starters and mess with the other AFC teams' playoff chances.

Edited by BRH
  • Agree 2

Love all the support that will be shown on Sunday but I'm sure a ton of players around the league were already planning on wearing something pregame to show their support. Would have been cool if they just let it happen organically.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2

I wonder what this secondary will look like, maybe not for this game specifically, but going forward. 

Tre White watch

What happens at Safety

Poyer’s knee

Elam still on the bench

When is Benford coming back and does he have a spot

Taron in concussion protocol

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

So in terms of my understanding of what was released, the game would still matter in terms of whether the AFC Championship is played in KC or a neutral site if both teams get there.

It's debatable whether the neutral site game or resting starters on Sunday is more valuable.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Going off other forums and Twitter I'm not sure if other fanbases (particularly the Bengals and Chiefs) really give a damn about Damar now they know he's likely to be ok. They're feeling bitter about being "screwed over" with the number one seed. Can't imagine there being a good reception over the moves.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Going off other forums and Twitter I'm not sure if other fanbases (particularly the Bengals and Chiefs) really give a damn about Damar now they know he's likely to be ok. They're feeling bitter about being "screwed over" with the number one seed. Can't imagine there being a good reception over the moves.

The type of fans who post on message boards are not necessarily reflective of the fan base as a whole.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

One issue with this is I think then there is a good chance Patriots come back the next week.  I don't see the Bill taking the foot off the gas at all for this game.

For those that remember the greatest comeback.  Same situation. The Oilers were in Buffalo to end the season, they had to win and get in, the Bills were banged up bad and played terrible, the Oilers smashed them.  Then came back the next week and continued the butt kicking for another half and beginning of the third before the Bills woke up.

I don't think you want to lose to the division rivals and have them have the perception you dont respect them and welcome them back the next week.   Get the highest seed possible to get a second home game!

• Agree 1

So, if we beat the Pats on Sunday (I'm fairly sure we will, but who knows w/ the circumstances)....is there a chance we'd face them again right away in the 1st round of the playoffs?  Could we end up w/ the 2 seed, and the Pats end up w/ the 7 seed if both Miami & Pitt lose?

1 minute ago, Success said:

So, if we beat the Pats on Sunday (I'm fairly sure we will, but who knows w/ the circumstances)....is there a chance we'd face them again right away in the 1st round of the playoffs?  Could we end up w/ the 2 seed, and the Pats end up w/ the 7 seed if both Miami & Pitt lose?

The Titans would have to lose too. If they beat the Jags, the Jags could take the seventh seed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I really want to annihilate the Patriots this weekend, but at the same time, I don't want to help the Dolphins. I really don't want the bills to have to play the Dolphins again this season. Let's hope the jets can pull a miracle. Also, is Tua playing this week? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.