Week 18: Pats at Bills, Sunday 1/8 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

Can Beas play?  Does Monday’s call up get nullified?

My guess is that he won’t be eligible as a PS elevation and they will either sign him to the 53 or call up John brown. Unfortunately they have a  roster spot now as Hamlin will go to IR

bease can be elevated at any time during the playoffs without limitation 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Each player on the team is probably asking themself this question:

"If it was me this happened to, how would I want my teammates to respond?"
If a poll were taken of players asking themself this question, I'd bet most, if not all, would want to see their teammates complete a run for the Lombardi Trophy.

It's so soon for the players to already have to focus on the next game, but that's the tough nature of the NFL schedule.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

we all know the guys are going through a lot right now.  there was an interesting point made either on the nation or local radio that came from a nurse.  to see someone, "coding"  and seeing the attempt to revive that person can be very traumatizing, especially if it's someone you are concerned about.  years ago when i started working, i saw a crash team try to revive a man in an emergency room, and it didn't work.  I specifically remember seeing the color drain from the mans body, and their decision to stop trying to save him.  it was the first time i had ever seen that, and it was overwhelming.   i can't imagine where their heads are right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Each player on the team is probably asking themself this question:

"If it was me this happened to, how would I want my teammates to respond?"
If a poll were taken of players asking themself this question, I'd bet most, if not all, would want to see their teammates complete a run for the Lombardi Trophy.

It's so soon for the players to already have to focus on the next game, but that's the tough nature of the NFL schedule.

Seriously, what kind of a person would say "If something bad happens to me, I want everybody else to shut their lives down too?"  Nobody ever says that.  Spouses don't want their surviving spouse to live the rest of their life in a state of mourning after they pass.  Why on earth would this situation be any different?  

People are making this out to be harder than it is.  Damar Hamlin is fighting for his life in a hospital.  For the rest of us, our life is still in front of us, and it's still ending one day at a time just like it was before.  Let's get on with it.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 16

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Seriously, what kind of a person would say "If something bad happens to me, I want everybody else to shut their lives down too?"  Nobody ever says that.  Spouses don't want their surviving spouse to live the rest of their life in a state of mourning after they pass.  Why on earth would this situation be any different? 

Agree

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

People are making this out to be harder than it is.  Damar Hamlin is fighting for his life in a hospital.  For the rest of us, our life is still in front of us, and it's still ending one day at a time just like it was before.  Let's get on with it. 

I think the unique thing in this situation is the trauma associated with watching your teammate/friend need to be resuscitated with you standing there. 

If Damar had been in a serious accident away from the field, players would still be grieving, but it wouldn’t be as traumatic because they didn’t witness it. First responders, military, etc. are prepared to see traumatic life or death events… football players really aren’t. 

At some point they will “get on with it” but right now they have a lot to work through. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.