What Bengals & Chiefs fans are saying about the situation:

BigDingus

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Exactly what I would have expected. 

Bengals fans are classy and reasonable, and the people from Chiefs Planet are horrible, wretched, despicable cretins. That place is the absolute armpit cesspool of the internet. I'm told that real Chiefs fans, in person, are actually very kind, knowledgeable, hospitable people. You CERTAINLY wouldn't know it by reading Chiefs Planet. Horrible, awful place.

The funny thing about those Chiefs fans being turdPreach!s about it is that they're the team most likely to benefit if the Bills and Bengals game is declared a no-contest. In that scenario, the league likely determines seeding by overall win percentage, and assuming the Chiefs beat the Raiders, they'd get the 1 seed. They would, in some sense, be GIFTED a first round bye, without the Bills ever having done anything to actually lose the 1st seed. Despite that good fortune for their team (relatively speaking...you know what I mean)...they're still being turds. Totally tracks.

Preach!

The bolded Im thinking "Now tell me how u really feel Logic don't hold back" it was the first chuckle Ive had since last night. Cretins is a great noun. Thanks man.

🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

The thing w/ the Chiefs is - we BEAT them.  At their place.  Fans there seem to be overlooking that when they imply that KC deserves the 1 seed now.

But I'm more than cool to see the Bills beat them in KC again, if that's what they want.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The thing w/ the Chiefs is - we BEAT them.  At their place.  Fans there seem to be overlooking that when they imply that KC deserves the 1 seed now.

But I'm more than cool to see the Bills beat them in KC again, if that's what they want.

The Chiefs deserve the 1 seed if:

a) they beat the Raiders and

b) the Bills don't play a 17th game

It's obviously a horrible situation, but it's the clear fair thing to do in the event of no Bills-Bengals game taking place. You can't assume the outcome of a game. I'd say that even if the Bengals had led 35-0 early 3rd quarter. It sucks for the Bengals just as much as it sucks for the Bills. 

To say to the Chiefs, "Well, yes, you went 14-3 and we went 13-3, but we beat you heads up," is obviously ridiculous. 14-3 is clearly better than 13-3. It just is. 

If the Chiefs lose to the Raiders, and no Bills-Bengals game is played, the Chiefs could fall to third place. In that were to happen, they'd obviously want the Bills-Bengals game to take place so they could cheer for the Bills in hopes of getting the 2 seed. So in that case, that would be unfair to the Chiefs. 

If the NFL had decided to play Bills-Bengals on Thursday -- and then the Bills-Pats and Ravens-Bengals games next Tuesday, before playoffs the next weekend -- that would have been unfair to the Ravens and Patriots. There's potential unfairness everywhere you look. The chances of making a ruling that benefits every team is an impossibility. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bengals Board Posts - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen :

1. "It's fine by me to just declare the game a no-contest, with no winners, no ties, and don't replay. Players and fans of other teams impacted would understand. The worst scenario for me is a decision that benefits the Bengals because that would cast the Bengals as villains from now until the end of the NFL. I'd rather the Bengals take the high road, even offer to take a decision hurts the Bengals. It was the Bengals field, the Bengals were hosts, so even offer to take a loss if they want."

2. "If I'm the Bengals, I'd offer the Bills the W just as a nice gesture. It's relatively meaningless to them right now, but it would just show support. Whether they'd accept it or not, calling the game for them would just be a nice thing to do, and would be well regarded for a long time." 

3. "I am fine with anything other than accepting a loss. Cincinnati did absolutely nothing wrong. You can’t punish Cincinnati for something out of their control."

4. "IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

5. "The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit. Ridiculous."

6. "To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway."

7. "What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?"

8. "Probably won’t happen, but: Scratch this game entirely. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the playoffs, play it at a neutral site (Detroit would be very fair). I realize Buffalo would have the better record, but yesterday’s game was still for the 2-seed at least."

9. "My biggest fear at this point is Buffalo trying to use this whole situation to their advantage. There is more incentive for them to NOT PLAY this game and take a tie rather than to play it (down 7-3 and the Bengals threatening to score again) to try and claim the 1 seed. If they lobby for a tie, it gives them the two seed, gives them one less game for their guys to get hurt, and eliminates the possibility of slipping to a 3 seed. Given how the game was going and the score, I think they'd be more than happy hanging on to the 2 seed rather than chancing it. I hope I am wrong, but a tie really ***** over the Bengals here."

10. "Absolutely nothing from the Bills owners, coaching staff or fans indicates they would try to use this to their advantage. GTFO with that sh" (response to above post)

Chiefs Board Posts https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826 :

1. "I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?"

2. "As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game." 

3. *Here's a little back & forth* -

Guy 1: "It's an unfair advantage to allow them to choose to play a game in the next few days or next week that they chose not to continue last night because someone nearly died on the field? Yeah, that seems like a solid and persuasive argument."

Guy 2: "Yes because of playoff implications, it IS an unfair advantage. We had a player off himself in front of our COACH and GM and we played two days later, as scheduled. "Nearly Died" We have seen players become PERMANENTLY PARALYZED and they continued to play. The unfair advantage is some teams would be RESTING players next week. Now this throws a wrench into the entire seeding issue."

Guy 1: "Do you think the Chiefs would've played the game if Belcher had killed himself in the parking lot immediately before the game? Answer: no. We now know that he didn't die on the field. But at the time, none of those players had any idea if he'd make it to the hospital or even off the field alive. Not the same as a guy being taken away by an ambulance on a stretcher with fear of a potential paralyzing injury."

4. "America is so weak." 

5. "I'd say leave it up to the Bills. If they're not up for it within the next few days, they need to forfeit."

6. "This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore."

7. "if they cant / dont want to play it, then they should just concede the L and move on."

8. "The right call is whatever is best for the teams involved. The right call has nothing to do with inconveniences or money lost by the fans."

9. "If they call the game, I think it needs to be a Bills loss and Bengals win. Bengals were winning and playing really well. It wasn’t one of their players who went down, so why punish them?"

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

11. "This year in lieu of a superbowl trophy every team will get a participation trophy as well. **** that. Take a L for a forfeit, take a tie if Cinci agrees (and I doubt they will), or play the game. I'm not trying to sound callous here and I understand they saw some scary *****, but come on man. It sounds an awful lot like someone is trying to use that ***** for their advantage."

So yeah... majority of Bengals fans seem as confused/concerned as we are. There were a handful of dumb posts, but most of them echoed our sentiments. Chiefs fans on the other hand, much more of a mixed bag. There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

You expected better from Chiefs fan?  Bold move cotton.

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

We can all sit here and bash kc fans all we want, but I gaurentee if it was a kc player this happened to and there was a possibility of it affecting the bills 1 seed spot, there would absolutely be posters here saying similar things 

There's really very little point to this, there have been awful people on here too. Most sane people see this as what it is a tragedy that goes beyond football. If people want to go looking for #######s it's not going to be hard to find them.

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

We can all sit here and bash kc fans all we want, but I gaurentee if it was a kc player this happened to and there was a possibility of it affecting the bills 1 seed spot, there would absolutely be posters here saying similar things 

There is truth there, and - as is often said - EVERY fanbase has a toxic element.

I do think it's more prevalent in that fanbase, at least online.  Their board is nothing like any other board - it's not even close.  It is an ugly place.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

My wife and I bought our daughter tix to the game in Cincy.  She said pretty much the whole stadium was crying.  I would not blame the Bills for forfeiting the rest of the regular season including last night's game.  Take time to get things sorted out.  but does that give them more rest/advantage?  I also wonder about how the gamblers will view that something like that.  Fanduel, Vegas, and all those types.  Has to be sticky situation.  Like what if you had the Bills O/U wins at 13?  How would that be handled. Yes - I know that's trivial in light of the situation.   Lot of factors here.     

Edited by Irv

I'd opt for pushing playoffs back 1 week and playing the game on Thursday of next week.  This leaves more than a full week if playing wild card weekend and leaves over 2 weeks if get #1 seed.  Most teams might welcome a bye week to start the playoffs (probably ought to be that way, anyhow, jmo).

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't think that its Chiefs fans in general. I just think Chiefs Planet is a toxic unmoderated online community. 

Thought it was moderated, and the moderators were part of the problem?

Anyway we had a decent Chiefs fan drop by at one point and explained where the decent Chiefs boards were.  Apparently even Chiefs fans regard Chiefs Planet as a Sinkhole.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Saw similar from Patriots regarding Hamlin's ejection for the hit on Meyers.

Yep, good point. Someone on the Bengals forum also said Hamlin was a dirty player and cited that ejection. Ugh. And a twitter post aksed why are they suspeding the game for just a 6th-round draft pick. Unbelievable.

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bengals Board Posts - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen :

1. "It's fine by me to just declare the game a no-contest, with no winners, no ties, and don't replay. Players and fans of other teams impacted would understand. The worst scenario for me is a decision that benefits the Bengals because that would cast the Bengals as villains from now until the end of the NFL. I'd rather the Bengals take the high road, even offer to take a decision hurts the Bengals. It was the Bengals field, the Bengals were hosts, so even offer to take a loss if they want."

2. "If I'm the Bengals, I'd offer the Bills the W just as a nice gesture. It's relatively meaningless to them right now, but it would just show support. Whether they'd accept it or not, calling the game for them would just be a nice thing to do, and would be well regarded for a long time." 

3. "I am fine with anything other than accepting a loss. Cincinnati did absolutely nothing wrong. You can’t punish Cincinnati for something out of their control."

4. "IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

5. "The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit. Ridiculous."

6. "To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway."

7. "What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?"

8. "Probably won’t happen, but: Scratch this game entirely. If the Bengals and Bills meet in the playoffs, play it at a neutral site (Detroit would be very fair). I realize Buffalo would have the better record, but yesterday’s game was still for the 2-seed at least."

9. "My biggest fear at this point is Buffalo trying to use this whole situation to their advantage. There is more incentive for them to NOT PLAY this game and take a tie rather than to play it (down 7-3 and the Bengals threatening to score again) to try and claim the 1 seed. If they lobby for a tie, it gives them the two seed, gives them one less game for their guys to get hurt, and eliminates the possibility of slipping to a 3 seed. Given how the game was going and the score, I think they'd be more than happy hanging on to the 2 seed rather than chancing it. I hope I am wrong, but a tie really ***** over the Bengals here."

10. "Absolutely nothing from the Bills owners, coaching staff or fans indicates they would try to use this to their advantage. GTFO with that sh" (response to above post)

1. "I hope our fanbase doesn't come out being jerks about it, whatever happens. I can't imagine we would, but there are always a few exceptions. At this point if they just simply cancel the game and go from there, who cares?"

2. "As far as I am concerned both teams decided last night to forfeit the game." 

Guy 1: "It's an unfair advantage to allow them to choose to play a game in the next few days or next week that they chose not to continue last night because someone nearly died on the field? Yeah, that seems like a solid and persuasive argument."

Guy 2: "Yes because of playoff implications, it IS an unfair advantage. We had a player off himself in front of our COACH and GM and we played two days later, as scheduled. "Nearly Died" We have seen players become PERMANENTLY PARALYZED and they continued to play. The unfair advantage is some teams would be RESTING players next week. Now this throws a wrench into the entire seeding issue."

Guy 1: "Do you think the Chiefs would've played the game if Belcher had killed himself in the parking lot immediately before the game? Answer: no. We now know that he didn't die on the field. But at the time, none of those players had any idea if he'd make it to the hospital or even off the field alive. Not the same as a guy being taken away by an ambulance on a stretcher with fear of a potential paralyzing injury."

4. "America is so weak." 

5. "I'd say leave it up to the Bills. If they're not up for it within the next few days, they need to forfeit."

6. "This is going to go down with the Music City Miracle and Wide Right in Bills lore."

7. "if they cant / dont want to play it, then they should just concede the L and move on."

8. "The right call is whatever is best for the teams involved. The right call has nothing to do with inconveniences or money lost by the fans."

9. "If they call the game, I think it needs to be a Bills loss and Bengals win. Bengals were winning and playing really well. It wasn’t one of their players who went down, so why punish them?"

10. "I have to say, I've never seen more virtue signaling in my life. Everybody is trying to show everybody how morally superior they are on this subject. People on fantasy football Reddit are acting like people can't even ask questions about how to proceed in their leagues."

11. "This year in lieu of a superbowl trophy every team will get a participation trophy as well. **** that. Take a L for a forfeit, take a tie if Cinci agrees (and I doubt they will), or play the game. I'm not trying to sound callous here and I understand they saw some scary *****, but come on man. It sounds an awful lot like someone is trying to use that ***** for their advantage."

So yeah... majority of Bengals fans seem as confused/concerned as we are. There were a handful of dumb posts, but most of them echoed our sentiments. Chiefs fans on the other hand, much more of a mixed bag. There were plenty of posts voicing concern, but also a MUCH greater % of people being callous, talking s*** or just whining. It's clear they've got no interest in any solution that involves them. 

Not surprised. 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Yep, good point. Someone on the Bengals forum also said Hamlin was a dirty player and cited that ejection. Ugh. And a twitter post aksed why are they suspeding the game for just a 6th-round draft pick. Unbelievable.

I haven't seen any Bengals fan disparage Hamlin on our board?  We have a couple of idiots and more than a few drive by posters that are fans of other teams.  I dont think there is any doubt that the team and the city is 99.99% concerned and praying for the young man and the other players.

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I haven't seen any Bengals fan disparage Hamlin on our board?  We have a couple of idiots and more than a few drive by posters that are fans of other teams.  I dont think there is any doubt that the team and the city is 99.99% concerned and praying for the young man and the other players.

I agree--almost everything I read is postive. (A few people wanted the game to count as a 7-3 win for Cincinnati.)

ll try to find it. There are at least three Bengals boards. I kind of don't want to post it if I find it though, since it gives more attention to a troll.

Edited by chongli

It amazed me how different people from different fanbases are. I've been disgusted by Midwest fans for a while now, ever since I watched a Penn State vs Iowa game, and the Iowa fans would repeatedly start booing whenever Penn State players got injured. The kids aren't even making any money out there, but the Iowa fans are out there booing players for having the gall to get injured and briefly halt their viewing pleasure? Just because they're injured!? How dare they!? It didn't matter situation, offense or defense, big play or small, up tempo or no, boos would rain down as soon as someone wasn't able to get back to their feet immediately. Happened to watch a KC game the next day, and the exact same thing happened with KC fans booing any opposing player who got injured. It was sickening. 

Can you imagine if this injury had happened in KC instead of Cincinnati? Instead of empathy, compassion, and understanding, we would have likely gotten, well, more of the same and more of the vitriol from the KC message board live and in person. 

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You don’t think they rally behind their teammate? 

Interesting so many folks think this team is just going to call it quits on the season….I expect the opposite and for them to play for Hamlin…

It depends on how this turns out.  

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

4. "America is so weak." 

U better believe this Saturday I’ll be cheering for the Raiders as if they were the Bills . I’m tired of these Chiefs fans and the Chiefs in general. Let’s go Raiders beat these #######s. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U better believe this Saturday I’ll be cheering for the Raiders as if they were the Bills . I’m tired of these Chiefs fans and the Chiefs in general. Let’s go Raiders beat these #######s. 

Whichever of us ends up playing KC you can bet both fanbases will be rooting for each other.  I think the Bills absolutely beat them again, and I doubt very seriously if they want any part of the Bengals, we might be getting in their heads a little bit.

• Agree 1

How is this not obvious? Many of the comments by these fans are beyond stupid. You push the playoffs back 1 week. Problem solved. It's fair to everyone. So they only get a week to prepare for the SB. That's the time teams normally get anyway. So the media gets less time for interviews and hype. That doesn't bother me in the least.

Also, I have to call out the dumbest comment of all -- The Bills and Bengals agreed to forfeit. We did? That wasn't everone including the Commissioner and NFLPA saying the game must be stopped? Hello?
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting so many folks think this team is just going to call it quits on the season….I expect the opposite and for them to play for Hamlin…

Of course they would. This organization exudes inner strength and character. It's a recurring theme. In 1970, KC QB Len Dawson lost his father just days before the SB and he played lights out to win that game 23-7 over a heavily favored Vikings team. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I'd expect the Bills to play with their hair on fire (figuratively speaking). Look out for us!

Edited by GreggTX
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

It amazed me how different people from different fanbases are. I've been disgusted by Midwest fans for a while now, ever since I watched a Penn State vs Iowa game, and the Iowa fans would repeatedly start booing whenever Penn State players got injured. The kids aren't even making any money out there, but the Iowa fans are out there booing players for having the gall to get injured and briefly halt their viewing pleasure? Just because they're injured!? How dare they!? It didn't matter situation, offense or defense, big play or small, up tempo or no, boos would rain down as soon as someone wasn't able to get back to their feet immediately. Happened to watch a KC game the next day, and the exact same thing happened with KC fans booing any opposing player who got injured. It was sickening. 

Can you imagine if this injury had happened in KC instead of Cincinnati? Instead of empathy, compassion, and understanding, we would have likely gotten, well, more of the same and more of the vitriol from the KC message board live and in person. 

Seriously? How in the world do you justify that conclusion? I remember Bills fans throwing snowballs at Dolphins players just days ago. Does that mean ALL Bills fans act like spoiled children?

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2

Wouldn't have expected anything less from Chief's fans.   I have a cousin who is a huge KC fan and he couldn't represent their fan base any better...arrogant, loudmouth.

I love that they use the Belcher situation as an example but completely ignore the fact that maybe the NFL was wrong then.   Maybe the Chiefs shouldn't have played that game.

I have nothing but respect for Mahomes as a player, and Reid as a coach (not including as a Father for obvious reasons) but their fanbase is complete trash.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

It depends on how this turns out.  

I was listening to Lavar Arrington this morning. They were discussing playoff scenarios in the AFC and how Miami could get in. The one guy said he expected the Patriots to win with what Buffalo is going through. Arrington disagreed and said he expects the Bills to dedicate the rest of the season to Damar and play their brains out.

Of course Arrington doesn’t know for sure but he has played the game. Unfortunately, he may even have a little knowledge about tragedies and an NFL locker room. He played most of his career with the Redskins and Sean Taylor was murdered mid-season 2 years after Arrington left. I’m sure he probably had close ties with Taylor and players in that locker room.

Edited by Beast

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I can't say what they think. It's kinda like what I've heard on WGR. Whatever the team wants. I just can't say, but yes  if they are to play they would do it for 3.

Edited by Goin Breakdown

8 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

It amazed me how different people from different fanbases are. I've been disgusted by Midwest fans for a while now, ever since I watched a Penn State vs Iowa game, and the Iowa fans would repeatedly start booing whenever Penn State players got injured. The kids aren't even making any money out there, but the Iowa fans are out there booing players for having the gall to get injured and briefly halt their viewing pleasure? Just because they're injured!? How dare they!? It didn't matter situation, offense or defense, big play or small, up tempo or no, boos would rain down as soon as someone wasn't able to get back to their feet immediately. Happened to watch a KC game the next day, and the exact same thing happened with KC fans booing any opposing player who got injured. It was sickening. 

This is the same Iowa fan base that does all the stuff to spotlight the children's hospital (and waves to them every game, raising even more awareness), and the same Chiefs fans who last year, after beating the Bills, decided to collectively donate several hundred thousand dollars to Oishei last year as a show of sportsmanship to Josh Allen for playing a great game. And the same fans who have donated to Hamlin? https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article270700212.html

15 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Given what I’ve seen/read from Chiefs fans, this absolutely tracks. Not sure why they have so many vocal horrible people amongst them, but it is what it is I guess. 

There are many Bills fan that are a-holes too.. Every fanbase has them. I wish I would make a list of of all the statements Bills fans have made 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.