The Jests; from 7-4 to 7-9. An epic collapse

Sierra Foothills

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If they get Derek Carr they'll be a tough foe next year.

Hahaha. Why? Is Carr suddenly a good QB?

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

Saleh cares a lot about his image. He gets upset by fan/media comments and changes the way he does things because of it. Statements like, "We'll see them again in the playoffs." and "I'm keeping receipts" are 'fake tough guy' acts. The whole running the stairs before games stuff. It's all a big act. He'll take orders and change coordinators if he's told to do so like he's been doing at QB. Jets fan liken him to Todd Bowles. 

Now, my view is that while it may discussed he won't be asked to change coordinators by Douglas or Woody.

Lol. I’m keeping receipts was do high school drama. What a douche. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

They have a ton of talent on both sides. If that team gets a QB, they will easily stay past the Pats for many years and could rival Miami. Maybe they just arm themselves with Jimmy G or Carr and take a shot it works out next year. 

It's possible, but how did that work this year for Denver, Indianapolis, Washington and Cleveland? You never know, but I think it's more about the front office and coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Im torn. As a football fan, its frustrating to see stupidity on that level (Texans Bill O'Brien). As a Bills fan, itd be funny and solidify another 3 years of breezing to AFCE Champs

That's kind of a win- win hahah

I feel the same, I think it will be funnier for us bills fans if there is an implosion 

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

They have talent on D, but they DO NOT have a lot of talent on offense.

Their only WR that scares anyone is a rookie, the only RB that scares anyone has been injured since October, they have no QB and their OL stinks.

They are still light years away from challenging the Bills in any capacity. 

Light years?  More like two years.  They've got a young squad, so they have a couple of years to fill the holes in their roster and in particular get a veteran QB.  In that time, the Bills' front office will have to shed some of the talent on the defense due to Josh's and Von's contracts kicking in. and let's be honest, our O line is just average at best and our WRs are mostly ineffective.  

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No top tier QB is going to play for that dysfunctional franchise. Like the Browns, the jets is the place where QBS careers never take off and eventually die because of how bad the organization is. 

They're dysfunctional mostly because they haven't got a QB. Saleh is a good coach. Yeah they look awful now, but I think QBs will absolutely look there as a real option for next year.

1 hour ago, Sestak4ever said:

It's possible, but how did that work this year for Denver, Indianapolis, Washington and Cleveland? You never know, but I think it's more about the front office and coaching staff.

Fair enough, but how did it work out with Seattle? They developed the guy they brought in as a backup but it's still about getting a good veteran QB onto a solid team.  If the Titans hadn't gotten rid of AJ Brown, they'd still be looking damn good after making that move.

Edited by Thurman#1

"Obviously, I love our guys. They fight their tails off," Saleh said. "I think I speak for everyone in that we missed an opp. We're going to see these guys again. I just think we are."

That's about as close to a playoff guarantee as Saleh can get. A third matchup this season would mean the 7-6 Jets make the postseason. They currently sit in the No. 8 seed following the Chargers' Sunday night victory over Miami and could be leapfrogged by New England if the Patriots win Monday night.

"I think our team is good enough," Saleh said of why he's confident in the Jets' chances. "Obviously, it's week to week. But we've got a good football team."

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

Key difference is that when they were 7-4 and 8-3, both teams played an easy schedule.  When they started playing tough teams, they got exposed.

That’s mostly true.   But earlier in the season they were beating mediocre teams like the Seahawks and Patriots who they lost to today.  And our very own Bills lost to both the Fish and the Jets, before beating both the 2nd time around. 

Miami especially can’t win on the road.  They had a front loaded home schedule to build up their 8 - 3 mark. 4 out of 5 losses won their current skid have been away.  

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

Saleh cares a lot about his image. He gets upset by fan/media comments and changes the way he does things because of it. Statements like, "We'll see them again in the playoffs." and "I'm keeping receipts" are 'fake tough guy' acts. The whole running the stairs before games stuff. It's all a big act. He'll take orders and change coordinators if he's told to do so like he's been doing at QB. Jets fan liken him to Todd Bowles. 

Now, my view is that while it may discussed he won't be asked to change coordinators by Douglas or Woody.

I forgot about the “receipts” comment. 😹 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Hahaha. Why? Is Carr suddenly a good QB?

He's been a good QB for a long time.

Matthew Stafford was a good QB on the Lions, too.

I get it, you're a casual fan, you can't tell they're good until the team goes on a run and it reaches out and bonks you on the nose.

• Eyeroll 2

They actually regressed to the mean. Their offense was suspect all year, it did not matter who was the QB. Wilson was the scapegoat, but their offense sucked with all four QBs. White is probably the only serviceable one, but he is no franchise keeper.

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

They actually regressed to the mean. Their offense was suspect all year, it did not matter who was the QB. Wilson was the scapegoat, but their offense sucked with all four QBs. White is probably the only serviceable one, but he is no franchise keeper.

Losing Breece Hall was a devastating blow. He was well on his way to winning OROY the year if he stayed healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

They have talent on D, but they DO NOT have a lot of talent on offense.

Their only WR that scares anyone is a rookie, the only RB that scares anyone has been injured since October, they have no QB and their OL stinks.

They are still light years away from challenging the Bills in any capacity. 

Are you really even serious? They have a ton of young talent on O.

10 hours ago, Locomark said:

They have a ton of talent on both sides. If that team gets a QB

110% agree. Get QB “average to above average” and they’re completely fine. Short termer, White, proved that case. 

another case of—you can build a solid team of 52, but 53? you need a QB1.

AFCE is competitive next year, again 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Only 5 more seasons of missing the playoffs for them to catch the Bills' drought.  Can they do it?  They do get the privilege of a 7th spot to try to slip in on that we didn't have.

Won't happen - Jets D is too good - if they get a decent QB, they're trouble for the BIlls.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

110% agree. Get QB “average to above average” and they’re completely fine. Short termer, White, proved that case. 

another case of—you can build a solid team of 52, but 53? you need a QB1.

AFCE is competitive next year, again 

Uh-huh.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

Won't happen - Jets D is too good - if they get a decent QB, they're trouble for the BIlls.

Allen's worst games this year were against the Jets. Even in the win it was a struggle. The Jets viewed the Bills as their personal Super Bowl. They got fired up for the Bills games more than any other game. They talked about the Bills being the measuring stick game since the Bills own the division. I imagine it will be the same thing next year.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

All they have to do is beat out the other 20 teams in the league that need a QB.

True - money talks though - and it's an attractive situation with their D. 

Carr / Garoppolo / Mayfield / maybe even Lamar

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Are you really even serious? They have a ton of young talent on O.

Garrett Wilson is good, Hall might not be the same when he comes back (you just never know with leg injuries for a RB) and the rest of their offensive roster scares NO ONE, even with solid QB play.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The GangGreen is a five alarm fire right now. They want to fire the owner, fire the GM, fire the coach, fire half the players, fire the ball boy.  One poster said the Jests can't even draft QBs right and they lost two draft picks because of it. 

The entire Jests Nation is on tilt.  They're wearing white after Labor Day and combining plaids and stripes.  They're fighting a land war in Asia.  They're taking wooden nickels.  They're crying over spilt milk.  They're cutting tags off mattresses. They're starving a cold and stuffing a fever.  They're paying $20,000 for Taylor Swift tickets.  They're eating gas station sushi.  They're running with scissors.  They're smoking with their oxygen on.  One of them just killed John Wick's dog.

It's Biblical.

Don't take my word for it.....

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/woody-johnson-f-ck-you-trust-fund-baby.98496/

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/who-is-getting-fired-on-this-staff.98497/

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/well-so-much-for-this-season.98489/

Silly me.  The 'MLF' that the Jets fans keep referring to in the forum is Jets OC Mike LaFleur.  Here I thought they were blaming Zach's taste in women. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd have to disagree on the Jets' offensive talent statement.

I like Breece Hall, Michael Carter, and Zonovan Knight at RB, Elijah Moore and Corey Davis (behind Garrett Wilson) at WR, I like Tyler Conklin and Uzomah at TE, and they have several legit offensive linemen (Brown, Tomlinson, Fant) plus Alijah Vera-Tucker is looking very good and I have not written off Mekhi Becton either.

All the Jets need is a QB.

Except “All the Jets need is a QB.” isn’t that easy. There isn’t 32 people in the world that can play that position competently. In any given NFL season there are a handful of great QBs, a handful of good, a bunch of game managers and some guys that are bad. If it were easy to find a good QB every would have one. Sure you can win with one of the guys that fall into good or game manager category, but you have to have very good players around them. Jets aren’t that team yet.

(1) Joe Caporoso on Twitter: "#Jets have now missed the playoffs 12 years in a row. Robert Saleh (11-22 record) is 0-2 and Joe Douglas (20-45 record) is 0-4 on reaching it. Team will enter 2023 without their starting QB on the roster, major questions at OL and OC and 15th most cap space in league" / Twitter

The GangGreen is a five alarm fire right now. They want to fire the owner, fire the GM, fire the coach, fire half the players, fire the ball boy.  One poster said the Jests can't even draft QBs right and they lost two draft picks because of it. 

The entire Jests Nation is on tilt.  They're wearing white after Labor Day and combining plaids and stripes.  They're fighting a land war in Asia.  They're taking wooden nickels.  They're crying over spilt milk.  They're cutting tags off mattresses. They're starving a cold and stuffing a fever.  They're paying $20,000 for Taylor Swift tickets.  They're eating gas station sushi.  They're running with scissors.  They're smoking with their oxygen on.  One of them just killed John Wick's dog.

So you're saying they're all cliché and nothing original? 😉

13 hours ago, Locomark said:

They have a ton of talent on both sides. If that team gets a QB, they will easily stay past the Pats for many years and could rival Miami. Maybe they just arm themselves with Jimmy G or Carr and take a shot it works out next year. 

or they could re-sign Sam Darnold back as their starting QB !   Go Bills !

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Garrett Wilson is good, Hall might not be the same when he comes back (you just never know with leg injuries for a RB) and the rest of their offensive roster scares NO ONE, even with solid QB play.

Dude, elijah Moore, breeze hall, Michael Carter.

They have some young talent there. Just because they have a QB disaster doesn't mean they don't have some pieces

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.