Jalen Hurts has a sprained shoulder, doubtful to play against Dallas

HappyDays

Wow!  That sucks!  The Eagles probably have the most complete roster in the NFL, let's see how much that can help carry them along for the rest of the season.  Gotta think that takes the steam out of a Super Bowl run though.

Don't wish that bad injury juju on any team.

• Like (+1) 2

• HappyDays changed the title to Jalen Hurts has a broken collarbone? (UPDATE: Sprained shoulder)

Eagles will be perfectly fine. They need to win one game to clinch the one seed. They could easily beat nyg or saints with minshew with how stacked that team is. 

Enjoy your month off Jalen see you in the divisional round.

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good. I want him healthy for our SB matchup

Pick up Lawrence if available.  Dude has been balling for me after benching Rodgers

He's not. Looking like I'll have to roll with Purdy Jones or Minshew.

If the Eagles are smart, and are concerned about only the post season, they shut him down for at least this week. No need to trot him out there against Demarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons. Keep him off the field, let him rest, and if he feels 100% then bring him out against the Saints. Don't risk your entire season over one game when you're 13-1 with almost everything locked up. You have two more games against the Saints and Giants afterward to win the division and secure the #1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

This may be the answer to the "Is Hurts a true MVP?" question.  It will be interesting to see how the Eagles play without him.

They've played the 32nd ranked schedule in the NFL this year.  Nathan Peterman could be in the running for MVP candidate with that schedule.

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's what we get for relying on twitter news. from season ending broken collarbone to sprained shoulder.

crazy 

Usually when you get those 3 all confirming and reporting the same thing you can pretty much bank on it as being accurate.  Initial post was not from anyone I am familiar with for breaking that kind of stuff, may have jumped the gun with someone saying "we think it's a broken collarbone" versus actually waiting for full results to come back.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 3

• HappyDays changed the title to Jalen Hurts has a sprained shoulder, doubtful to play against Dallas
5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Being ready and being 100% are two different things as we saw with Allen's elbow issues. They likely won't be playing cupcakes in the playoffs like they have in the regular season.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Well, that may open a door for Josh if he can keep producing.

Agreed. If Josh can go 3-0 with say 9 or more TDs and zero turnovers the rest of the way I actually think he’d have an excellent chance at it. 

Edited by Billznut

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Being ready and being 100% are two different things as we saw with Allen's elbow issues. They likely won't be playing cupcakes in the playoffs like they have in the regular season.

I’m really not sure what a “shoulder sprain” is other than a diagnosis of exclusion. Sounds like something that shouldn’t be a problem, until it is. This is his throwing arm and any injury to his rotator cuff could get ugly fast. They should shelve him until the playoffs. 

53 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's what we get for relying on twitter news. from season ending broken collarbone to sprained shoulder.

crazy 

Remember cracked bones can be called broken.  We heard that with Beasley and his broken leg he ran on.

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Minshew is deadly, no loss 

He is deadly like Russian Roulette - one of six shots are deadly. 

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NFC East is one of the best division in football this year so I would not count it as "cupcakes'.

Jaguars opponents can be called cupcakes.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Remember cracked bones can be called broken.  We heard that with Beasley and his broken leg he ran on.

NFC East is one of the best division in football this year so I would not count it as "cupcakes'.

Record wise. DVOA wise is an entirely different story. Who you play matters. You don't play every other team in the NFL like all the other sports leagues do.

Edited by Big Turk

5 hours ago, Process said:

Eagles will be perfectly fine. They need to win one game to clinch the one seed. They could easily beat nyg or saints with minshew with how stacked that team is. 

Enjoy your month off Jalen see you in the divisional round.

He's not. Looking like I'll have to roll with Purdy Jones or Minshew.

Wait I don't understand  

You saying Lawrence isn't available? 

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This reads like the Rick James skit from Chappelle Show.

"What kind of person would stomp their feet into somebody's couch? Yea, I remember stomping my feet into Eddie's couch" 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.